AVZ Discussion 2022

Skar

Regular
After VEC and AVZ, no more additional investment for me in Africa sadly. Happy to ride this out though and i'm positive for the next few months given the recent reshuffle.
I thought the same thing (AVZ not VEC)... then promptly dumped a load of cash in LLL (it doubled so I cant complain too much with it being on hold) and A11.... ahh the allure of the Africa Discount "this is way undervalued relative to peers.. even for Africa" he thought.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

kron

Regular
I thought the same thing (AVZ not VEC)... then promptly dumped a load of cash in LLL (it doubled so I cant complain too much with it being on hold) and A11.... ahh the allure of the Africa Discount "this is way undervalued relative to peers.. even for Africa" he thought.
Haha I say I won't do it again, and I shouldn't...but when things turn out alright with AVZ I'll have to reevaluate :)

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

cruiser51

Top 20
I believe it is just another distraction.

Why bother with an EGM, by the time these guys get organised, the normal AGM is due and people can vote for their BoD without duress, or extra cost of an EGM

Anybody agreeing to an EGM should recognise for what it is, another scam.

• Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Having been on this ride with AVZ for many, many years now it's fair to say I've grown "accustomed to the dark"....:rolleyes:

Worth a listen from Charles Jenkins....great live version (check it below)

I played gigs back in the day in Adelaide supporting Charles then known as "Chuck Skatt" and his band "Mad Turks from Istanbul" along with a few other legendary bands like The Screaming Believers, The Garden Path, Exploding White Mice

Check out Charles Jenkins and the Zhivagos if you're in Melbourne and get the chance

Skar

Regular
Haha I say I won't do it again, and I shouldn't...but when things turn out alright with AVZ I'll have to reevaluate :)
If things work out alright with AVZ I probably won't touch another high risk stock (in any significant way) again and stick to indexes, while I figure out what I really want to do with myself... lot of options open up for me if this goes well.... and if it goes badly, meh my 9-5 is not that bad.

Reactions: 16 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
If things work out alright with AVZ I probably won't touch another high risk stock (in any significant way) again and stick to indexes, while I figure out what I really want to do with myself... lot of options open up for me if this goes well.... and if it goes badly, meh my 9-5 is not that bad.
I agree on the AVZ outcome......

If it goes well I probably won't take another risk like it in Africa

If it goes badly I probably won't take another risk like it in Africa.....

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Azzler

Top 20
I'm very tempted to stick something worth while into IXR after all this, it's pretty cheap right now at 2 cents.
Maybe only after a licence is granted.
But with all AVZ's shit, I'm so very conflicted.

Still cant make up my mind If I would keep some in AVZ after (if) a licence is granted.
It could still be an incredible rise over the next 10 years.

I guess it's always risk apetite, and I feel like I'm more aware of the risks now.

Pending of course, that we do get a licence, at present I'm thinking of keeping 30% of my shares in for the long haul.

I'd be interested in hearing others plans if we are indeed going mining.

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
I'm very tempted to stick something worth while into IXR after all this, it's pretty cheap right now at 2 cents.

Still cant make up my mind If I would keep some in AVZ after (if) a licence is granted.

I guess it's always risk apetite, and I feel like I'm more aware of the risks now.

Pending of course, that we do get a licence, at present I'm thinking of keeping 30% of my shares in for the long haul.

Would very much consider selling enough to get capital back and then let the rest ride for potentially an incredible free carry

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Roon

Regular

I'm lately thinking of planning something like selling half of my shares after the initial expected run of news flow e.g. - release of BFS (with the insane profit update expected), financing secured, FID reached, EPC contractor signed up - to secure enough profits that I'm still sitting pretty should shit fall apart again, and then let the other half ride and enjoy the journey

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

Azzler

Top 20
I think most investors knew there was significant risk, but weren't quite expecting just how blatant the corruption was.
It's all been quite traumatic.

But you have to admit that if a licenece is issued, it means 2 big things.
1. Most of the risk has passed, and we got through it!
2. Our Management are pretty fucking incredible after all, getting us through all this under incredible corruption, attack and pressure.

And also, the story we were all drawn to in the first place is still a thing.
AVZ have the biggest deposit of the stuff that's modeled to be in massive over demand and under supply for many years to come, oh and quality, purity and concentration is supreme. And it's all at surface is the icing on the cake.
Plus we haven't even seen DFS 2.0. That alone might make people forget about the shit we've gone through.
You can always count on greed in the market place. Always.

Too early to make that decision now but it's worth pondering.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

aanti.dumb

Regular
I'm lately thinking of planning something like selling half of my shares after the initial expected run of news flow e.g. - release of BFS (with the insane profit update expected), financing secured, FID reached, EPC contractor signed up - to secure enough profits that I'm still sitting pretty should shit fall apart again, and then let the other half ride and enjoy the journey

I was considering the same. But shorter's will be expecting everyone to dump shares on open and these bottom feeders will look to cover and gobble up everything. I want to see, hear and smell them $hit there collective trousers on open so might buy.

• Fire
Reactions: 22 users

wombat74

Top 20
I think most investors knew there was significant risk, but weren't quite expecting just how blatant the corruption was.

But you have to admit that if a licenece is issued, it means 2 big things.
1. Most of the risk has passed, and we got through it!
2. Our Management are pretty fucking incredible after all, getting us through all this under incredible corruption, attack and pressure.

And also, the story we were all drawn to in the first place is still a thing.
AVZ have the biggest deposit of the stuff that's modeled to be in massive over demand and under supply for many years to come, oh and quality, purity and concentration is supreme. And it's all at surface is the icing on the cake.
Plus we haven't even seen DFS 2.0. That alone might make people forget about the shit we've gone through.
You can always count on greed in the market place. Always.

Too early to make that decision now but it's worth pondering.
AVZ will be bought out . So no need to decide what you are going to do . IMO

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
  • Haha

TheCount

Regular
After VEC and AVZ, no more additional investment for me in Africa sadly. Happy to ride this out though and i'm positive for the next few months given the recent reshuffle.
When AVZ relists you wont HAVE to invest in Africa again...
TC.

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Samus

Top 20
Anyone considering investing in Africa again, I know a good therapist.
EnviousWeightyHairstreakbutterfly-size_restricted.gif

It's @MoneyBags1348

dick-punch.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Uglybob

Regular
I believe this is the thing that caught everyone out, even the worlds best BOD. Not the risk, but the blatant corruption.

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

oxxa23

Regular
If not bought out, I will hold a lot more shares (and comfort) if DRC does in fact take direct shares in AVZ... however, haven't really considered if that would pass FIRB....

Reactions: 4 users

I’m here for the divvies - that and the outrageous share price appreciation…

Assuming on the ongoing prospects are good i’d keep most or all.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

TDITD

Top 20
Yes, fucking pneumonia is slightly unusual. It’s a fever which comes on after a series of strokes, leaving you with shortness of breath and severe lack of energy

Take two margaritas twice daily is a recovery path proven to be effective
Sounds very much like the symptoms of being an AVZ shareholder. By any chance can I interest you in an imminent announcement ?

strokes you say, well that reminds me of this ...
20230810_175532.jpg

Fwiw all three were in agreement

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users
Top Bottom