AVZ Discussion 2022

TDITD

Top 20

• Wow
Reactions: 10 users

Rambo

Regular
This is getting interesting. I should be making my kids breakfast but they might have to make mine this morning. Hard to put the phone down

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

TDITD

Top 20
This is getting interesting. I should be making my kids breakfast but they might have to make mine this morning. Hard to put the phone down
Your not wrong there Rambo, time to tighten the red bandana mate.
Apparently the IGF report is out and it’s public

GuruDukun

Regular
F4E07AA6-24B8-4D4F-A8AF-FFAA866776F8.jpeg

Not sure of the authenticity, but something to add nonetheless.

Frank

Top 20
Meanwhile back in Africa, the Land of the EV Battery Minerals Race, where the DRC has a rather LARGE Deposit of Lithium apparently, as

On the sidelines of the Indaba Mining Forum: Sama Lukonde reaffirms the DRC's determination to position itself in the manufacture of electric batteries

On the sidelines of the Indaba Mining investing Forum being held in Cape Town, South Africa, Prime Minister Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde answered questions from the press on Wednesday May 11, 2022.

Taking advantage of this opportunity, he reaffirmed loud and clear the determination of the Democratic Republic of Congo to position itself, in Africa, in the production of electric batteries with regard to a large deposit of Lithium available to the Country.

“We have one of the largest deposits in the world in terms of lithium reserves. This is why we want to position ourselves in the manufacture of electronic batteries, and further, electric vehicles.

We said it when we had our Business Forum that from an economic point of view, we have all the competitiveness.

This means, labor that can be affordable.

We are aware of this that we must collaborate with other African countries to be able to achieve this.

We believe this is a regional issue.

From the moment we reduce the distances, and that we remain in balance with the other world producers, we will be able to meet this challenge.

I remain convinced that this is a process underway.

You saw us go to Zambia. You have seen us reaffirm this here at Indaba with other African countries,” said Prime Minister Sama Lukonde.

Recall that Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde was at the head of a strong government delegation to the Indaba Mining investing Forum where he had the opportunity to present the opportunities offered by the DRC in the mining sector and in the energy transition in the face of global warming.

www.mediacongo.net

America touts green energy as key to bridging Africa’s growth gap

1652447225967.png

The United States government’s initiatives to help address Africa’s power and growth gaps are increasingly hinging on boosting the continent’s ability to produce green energy and facilitate foreign investment, the Investing in Africa Mining Indaba heard this week.
blank.gif

The US undersecretary for economic growth, energy and the environment, Jose W. Fernandez, said any energy policy that warms our planet simply could not continue.

The US has singled out a more efficient electricity supply as one of its top foreign policy priorities for Africa.

This goes in parallel with the continent navigating a just and inclusive clean energy transition, leading to economic growth and prosperity; building robust, sustainable, and transparent supply chains for critical minerals in support of the clean energy transition; and improving the financial and regulatory environment in the sector and promoting transparent and accountable natural resource management.

‘Race to the top’​

Regarding US foreign policy, Fernandez said the US was not opposed to China investing in Africa as long as the investments were centred on upholding human rights, democracy, and creating jobs for locals, he told a press briefing.

“Our policy is not to ask our partners to choose between the US and the People’s Republic of China. We’re not doing that.

“We believe that we offer an alternative vision for economic development that more sustainably promotes democratic governance, respect for human rights, and transparency. And we keep talking about the word ‘sustainable,’ meaning more sustainably serving the long-term interests of the people here in Africa,” he said.

Fernandez continued: “I’m here because African countries are important partners in pursuing shared global and regional priorities – from ending the Covid-19 pandemic and building back to a more inclusive global economy to meeting the climate challenge and building resilience.

We are encouraged by seeing many African countries creating opportunities in clean energy, advancing democracy, promoting respect for human rights, and working toward lasting peace and security,” he said.

Fernandez emphasized that the US was not “in a race to the bottom” to undercut China and other investors by sacrificing standards in quality, safety, and wages. “Here in Africa, we propose to do it by creating a race to the top in terms of environmental, social, and governance,” he said.

“What African governments want is for all investments, including Chinese investments, to respect local laws and local interests, to follow human rights, including worker rights, and protection for the environment,” he said.

The US government underlined that successful business relationships need predictable regulatory and legal environments, whether private or public.

“Governments will need to enable investments through reforms, and companies will need to manage and pursue business plans that drive the energy transition while still taking on reasonable levels of risk themselves.”

www.mining.com/category/battery-metals/

General Inspectorate of Finance: "the hunt for financial predators continues normally", reassures Jules Alingete

Faced with the widespread rumor about his alleged suspension, Thursday, May 12, the Inspector General of Finance, Jules Alingeti was unperturbed.

“The hunt for financial predators continues normally,” he reassured.

Jules Alingete therefore continues his work at the head of the General Inspectorate of Finance.

In particular, on the same Thursday, he held a working and information meeting with the economic-financial and socio-cultural commissions on the Tenafep 2021 file.

The Inspector General of Finance also promises to intensify his work according to the vision of the Head of State, Félix Tshisekedi.

www.mediacongo.net

The Carter Center publishes a Guide on implementing social responsibility specifications for mining companies-DRC

There is now a “Practical Guide on the Process of Negotiations, Examination and Execution of the Specifications for Social Responsibility of Mining Companies in the DRC.

It was released on May 6, 2022 by The Carter Center through its Extractive Industries Governance Program in the Democratic Republic of Congo, reports a press release from that organization.

This so-called “reference” Guide is intended to help stakeholders better conduct and manage the process of specifications in the mining sector of the Democratic Republic of Congo.

The Guide provides guidance and practical responses to the various operational challenges and limits of the regulatory framework concerning the negotiations, appraisal, execution and monitoring of the implementation of projects and infrastructures of Community interest agreed in the specifications.

“Stakeholders involved in the SOW process are encouraged to use this Guide to facilitate the negotiation, signing, effective execution and monitoring of SOW projects intended exclusively to benefit communities impacted by industrial mining activities. said Dhanis Rukan, co-editor of the Guide and Coordinator of the Human Rights and Local Impacts Department of The Carter Center’s Extractive Industries Governance Program.

It is also a tool for popularizing the legal and regulatory provisions relating to the specifications and encouraging mining operators subject to it to negotiate, sign and execute their specifications in favor of local communities. It was developed based on The Carter Center’s field experience in supporting civil society organizations, communities, and provincial and local authorities involved in the specification process.

It should be noted that the social responsibility specifications are one of three levers established by the revised mining code of March 2018 for the contribution of mining companies to the sustainable development of local populations.

It is both a developing agreement and a legal obligation for obtaining and maintaining the validity of the mining exploitation title or the authorization to exploit permanent quarries.

“For Peace, Against Illness, Towards Hope”.

As a nongovernmental, nonprofit organization, The Carter Center has helped improve the lives of people in more than 80 countries by resolving conflicts, promoting democracy and human rights, fostering economic opportunities, preventing disease, and improving psychological health services.

The Carter Center was founded in 1982 by former United States President Jimmy Carter and former First Lady Rosalynn Carter, in partnership with Emory University, to promote peace and health worldwide.

May 13, 2022 Janet

_2020-04-14 Cape+Town+Presentation+-+Reduced pdf.png

Africa !.jpg

The-future-is-Electric !!!.jpg

Understanding-Change-Where-Paradigms-.jpg

Mining.png

Food for thought on the Road to Mining Manono 🔋

GLTA_AVZH's

Cheers 🍻

Frank :cool:

• Love
Reactions: 19 users

TDITD

Top 20
Tried to find the report, had to sign up on IGF site, got onto reports and all I get is …

That, a big blank screen (below) Eyes hanging out my head, so that’s a dead end for tonight from me.
Will try later if kids and wife allow me time tomorrow

Attachments

• 78E2C7F0-EA02-47F0-9577-2859FEE07B51.png
    78E2C7F0-EA02-47F0-9577-2859FEE07B51.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 46
Reactions: 6 users

CHB

Regular
Tried to find the report, had to sign up on IGF site, got onto reports and all I get is …

That, a big blank screen (below) Eyes hanging out my head, so that’s a dead end for tonight from me.
Will try later if kids and wife allow me time tomorrow
Yep same thing for me. Just tried

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

Frank

Top 20
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Rambo

Regular
Your not wrong there Rambo, time to tighten the red bandana mate.
Apparently the IGF report is out and it’s public
I’ve been searching but can’t seem to find it.

Reactions: 2 users

CHB

Regular
cant find much here either....

heres a translation for those who havent read it from the twitter pic

"
1. The sale of 15% of COMINIERE's shares in DATHCOM Mining å ZIJIN
Mining was carried out in violation of the legal provisions on the withdrawal of the State from
companies in the Portfolio and has caused, in view of the assessments made in the feasibility study,
a significant shortfall for the Public Treasury evaluated at USD 116,560,000.00 (Dollars
one hundred and sixteen million five hundred and sixty thousand). It was a real selling off of the
State mining assets for which you are responsible;
2. On the total amount of proceeds from the sale of 15% of the shares, which amounts to å USD
33,440,000.00 (US Dollars Thirty-three Million Four Hundred Forty Thousand), you
have already used approximately USD 6,800,000.00 (US Dollars Six Million Eight Hundred Thousand)
for operating needs to the detriment of productive investments including USD
5,438,198.00 (United States Dollars five million four hundred thirty-eight thousand one hundred four-
ninety-eight) for commissions, collations, fees, exceptional remuneration of
all those who would have contributed to the operation;
3. The presumed free and provisional transfer of 5% of the shares of COMINIERE in
DATHCOM Mining å DATHOMIR Mining Sarl, but that under the transfer contract, was
final and irrevocable without the income from the sale being traced to COMINIERE."
It reads familiar.

Wasn't this already reported past week?

DoubleA

Regular
Cant find full report here either....

Heres a translation from the twitter pic for those who haven't read it:

View attachment 6530

"
Mining was carried out in violation of the legal provisions on the withdrawal of the State from
companies in the Portfolio and has caused, in view of the assessments made in the feasibility study,
a significant shortfall for the Public Treasury evaluated at USD 116,560,000.00 (Dollars
one hundred and sixteen million five hundred and sixty thousand). It was a real selling off of the
2. On the total amount of proceeds from the sale of 15% of the shares, which amounts to å USD
33,440,000.00 (US Dollars Thirty-three Million Four Hundred Forty Thousand), you
have already used approximately USD 6,800,000.00 (US Dollars Six Million Eight Hundred Thousand)
5,438,198.00 (United States Dollars five million four hundred thirty-eight thousand one hundred four-
3. The presumed free and provisional transfer of 5% of the shares of COMINIERE in
DATHCOM Mining å DATHOMIR Mining Sarl, but that under the transfer contract, was
final and irrevocable without the income from the sale being traced to COMINIERE."

So it looks like what we do know now is yep they sold it alright, the acting CEO has just caused the government to lose $116m by selling 15% to Zijin in violation of the legal provisions...now what the hell is the government going to do about it...my goodness

and sold 5% "for free" to dathomir (that's not a sale lol)? idk cant work it all out, and to be honest they cant bloody work anything out so how can we, like who's 5% and who's 15%, is the government left with only 5% now or what, have they shafted themselves lol.

let me get this straight, they illegally transferred 15% to Zijin, lost the gov $116m, stole at least $5.5m out of the $33m from Zijin, and also transferred 5% to Dathomir free of charge which obviously means they stole every last cent they got off Dathomir for this 5%, lets say $11m(considering they gave 15% to Zijin for $33m)....So Rogues in Cominiere stole around $16m, did two illegal deals and also ripped off the DRC ppl $116m, aaaaaaaan Felix and Antoinette have not said a bloody word.

also where does the ML sit if now by law we have to have 51% for ML to be awarded then we cant even sell 24% to CATH even if we wanted to

Oh my, what a bloody mess....Felix and Antoinette need to stop doing bloody conferences in houses of excellent fraud and fix their shit

AVZ never owned the 15% which has supposedly been sold to Zijin. It is not part of the 75%.

Last edited:

thorgin

Regular
lol come on guys
do you think the minister has a yahoo email account?

i know we're desperate but come on :p

Edit: much more authentic if she had a gmail account 😜
right?

1652458489221.png

^that's the dodgy yahoo account saying that. account created 8 months later.. also it is following thousands of people and only followed by 900, where the older account is only following like 130 and has thousands of followers as you would expect.

• Thinking
  • Wow

DoubleA

Regular
Great info, it's a double whammy:

• the certificate of good life and morals and the extract from the valid criminal record for the partners of the legal person, issued by the competent authorities of the country of origin; 😲

The law fixes the minimum of the share capital of the holder who requests a PE, in that it cannot be less than 40% of the financial resources necessary to carry out his project. It increases to 10% the parts or shares constituting the share capital of the company requesting the EP to be ceded to the State. In addition, the Legislator requires that each transformation within the framework of a separate mine or a separate mining project, the applicant company creates a subsidiary in which it holds at least 51% of the shares.
If you need 51% to obtain a mining licence, then how does Kamoa operate?

The Kamoa-Kakula Copper Project — a joint venture between Ivanhoe Mines (39.6%), Zijin Mining Group (39.6%), Crystal River Global Limited (0.8%) and the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo (20%).

"the Legislator requires that each transformation within the framework of a separate mine or a separate mining project, the applicant company creates a subsidiary in which it holds at least 51% of the shares.

The decree was issued to Dathcom Mining SA, in which AVZ holds a 75% interest via its wholly-owned subsidiary AVZ International

Therefore, if AVZ are the applicant company and have created a subsidiary in which it holds 100% of the shares (AVZI wholly owned by AVZ as above) then they have complied with the requirement. It does not say anything about what percentage that subsidiary has to control of the mining project. Just that there has to be a separate subsidiary created (eg AVZI) with 51%+ ownership by the company of the subsidiary for each mine/project.

The key part for me is that it is shares in the subsidiary, not shares of the mining project itself.

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

Rambo

Regular
I like the sound of this.

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
Geist is playin coy,,, he knows, just trying to muddy the waters more
Dang good call. This MF knows.

njoy84

Anyone speaka de German to give us the gist of what he said?
He basically explains how the shares in Dathcom are distributed and how AVZ is involved. He also talks about the unjustified accusations made by Z, which are also denied by AVZ. Basically no news but well explained for the German shareholders. I have also noticed a lot of uncertainty about ownership in the German forums, although many good posters have explained it, some still don't want to understand it, but often a video is easier to understand for some.

By the way there is also an written Article with essentialy the same context

Reactions: 7 users

cruiser51

Top 20
He basically explains how the shares in Dathcom are distributed and how AVZ is involved. He also talks about the unjustified accusations made by Z, which are also denied by AVZ. Basically no news but well explained for the German shareholders. I have also noticed a lot of uncertainty about ownership in the German forums, although many good posters have explained it, some still don't want to understand it, but often a video is easier to understand for some.

By the way there is also an written Article with essentialy the same context
He basically says that AVZ told Z 'up ur nose with a rubber hose'.
Z will understand that from here they have more to lose than to gain.
Scrambled egg on their face doesn't look good.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

CHB

Regular
basically yes, but now we know for sure where that info came from, and it looks like it's definitely been sold and now sits in the hand of Felix, Antoinette, and Co to fix.....disgraceful really....f'n amateur hour, and in the midst of an audit on the mining sector, they've known about it for well over a month(probably longer) and said absolutely nothing and still gave the ML after knowing....WTF are these ppl smoking

I'm now left to assume that in Africa the law means jack shit, they all knew what went down, and have basically just brushed it aside and I'd assume told Nige and Co. (dont worry about, it was dodgey, its nothing, we are the law, and we say you own 75% and we'll sort out the 15% later, and to prove it we'll even approve the ML even if our own court system says Zijin and Dathomir own a %), in the mean time Nige and Co tried to cover their bases and went to court, but lost, why?, because Zijin(and maybe Dathomir) have legit(?) share certificates(for now). The entire time Nige and Co. probably were left thinking wtf else can we do, we've done everything we can, and how the eff can we even word all this in an official announcement to market, because in this country nothing is actually "official". But now everything is out in the open, instead of just brushing it aside African style, the entire thing has to be sorted out legally (which is a good thing when our money is on the line), but maybe it's a matter of the government having to be very careful how they handle this due to just how many powerful and corrupt ppl are in on it, as in we're talking what seems to be a Chinese and African syndicate with huge amounts of money on the line, and I dare say some of these lunatics would kill to protect themselves from justice.

Also someone asked before if we lose in arbitration in Paris is this binding, well no it's not at all, the DRC gov decide the law in their own country, and it looks like not even a loss in court in the DRC is at all officially law unless Felix wants to back it up. We know one thing for sure right now and that is it's a total shambles, and as shareholders we need an official ann from the DRC government in our favour to put the all bs to rest once and for all

all imo and it's making me bonkers 🤪

Yep.. so basically ball is in drc gov court.

Urgently need them to do something regarding the ownership so AVZ shouldn't bother with arbitration..

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

CHB

Regular
Nice bounce in the US markets overnight. A couple more of those please..

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Cant find full report here either....

Heres a translation from the twitter pic for those who haven't read it:

View attachment 6530

"

So it looks like what we do know now is yep they sold it alright, the acting CEO has just caused the government to lose $116m by selling 15% to Zijin in violation of the legal provisions...now what the hell is the government going to do about it...my goodness

and sold 5% "for free" to dathomir (that's not a sale lol)? idk cant work it all out, and to be honest they cant bloody work anything out so how can we, like who's 5% and who's 15%, is the government left with only 5% now or what, have they shafted themselves too lol.

let me get this straight, they illegally transferred 15% to Zijin, lost the gov $116m, stole at least $5.5m out of the $33m from Zijin, and also transferred 5% to Dathomir free of charge which obviously means they stole every last cent they got off Dathomir for this 5%, lets say $11m(considering they gave 15% to Zijin for $33m)....So Rogues in Cominiere stole around $16m, did two illegal deals and also ripped off the DRC ppl $116m, aaaaaaaand Felix and Antoinette have not said a bloody word, but gave the ML and continue to sell the battery hub. Seriously they've all got their heads up their arse.

also if it's not the 15% and 5% that Cominiere hold then where does the ML sit if now, by law we all now assume we have to have 51% for ML to be awarded which would mean we cant even sell 24% to CATH even if we wanted to,

Oh my, what a bloody mess....Felix and Antoinette need to stop doing bloody conferences in houses of excellent fraud and fix their shit
I'm not sure how legit that is mate, no mention of snacks 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Top Bottom