AVZ Discussion 2022

Azzler

Top 20
Ol' Roon extremerly negative and anti BoD on average of his posts.
Just making an observation.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Samus

Top 20

#Manono capital of the #lithium Congolese , 30% of children in the mines are girls aged 9/15 and work 9/12 hours a day. At 16 they are already mothers without any education, many have never used a sanitary napkin in their lives.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users

Roon

Regular
Maybe you could find out seeing you seem to have links to former employees, going by these two paragraphs from a previous post of yours….

“So, one of my close relatives had a conversation recently with a former mining colleague who later went on to work with AVZ Minerals. Though not working there now, that individual said that AVZ were slowing their management operations down to focus on the legal/arbitration challenges, as "things weren't looking good". They said he didn't seem convinced of a positive outcome”.

And

“I'm not going to put his name out there as I wasnt the direct recipient and dont have have permission to do so. Given he is no longer employed there this could be just what he is picking up from former colleagues, or an expression of his own thoughts”

…. The funny thing for me Roon, is I’ve been hearing they believe there is a positive outcome
Was just passing on what I was told at the time. I have no relationship with nor have i ever talked with anyone from AVZ, it was a family member who knows I am invested here and who talked to an old work colleague. As stated, and as mentioned always worth taking with a grain of salt. I've also heard more positive rumor in recent months of progress made, as i stated recently in the crapper, but just rumor, and not from anyone who I think has any direct lines. I do understand though if you pass on anything of potential relevance that doesn't bring hope it won't go down well. Maybe I should've kept it to myself.

And yes Azz ultimately I have taken a mostly negative view on our position these past 18 months, and on our BoD's performance, especially just prior to the TH. But they are certainly fighting a difficult battle, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. To still be in the game at this point is an achievement, and I feel the ICSID battle more than anything may push us towards a positive resolution.

We can't all be always overtly positive here, wouldn't be a very balanced forum otherwise. Some here from the other forum may remember I had a much more rosy view in years gone by, though thats slipped. But we are nonetheless all in the same boat, so take it as you will. I have no agenda beyond learning what I can about the current situation and future trajectory - as there's a hell of a lot I don't know.

Last edited:
Reactions: 32 users

Doc

Master of Quan
Maybe you could find out seeing you seem to have links to former employees, going by these two paragraphs from a previous post of yours….

“So, one of my close relatives had a conversation recently with a former mining colleague who later went on to work with AVZ Minerals. Though not working there now, that individual said that AVZ were slowing their management operations down to focus on the legal/arbitration challenges, as "things weren't looking good". They said he didn't seem convinced of a positive outcome”.

And

“I'm not going to put his name out there as I wasnt the direct recipient and dont have have permission to do so. Given he is no longer employed there this could be just what he is picking up from former colleagues, or an expression of his own thoughts”

…. The funny thing for me Roon, is I’ve been hearing they believe there is a positive outcome
You’re a modern day Sherlock Holmes!

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

wombat74

Top 20
I'd say Roon is a realist with a balanced point of view .

Azzler, in the mean time your fantasy 10 day prediction has come and gone , crashed and burned .

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

Azzler

Top 20

Azzler, in the mean time your fantasy 10 day prediction has come and gone , crashed and burned .
And your posts are beloved and quoted by ol' Der Geist. Keep up you make him proud.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Azzler

Top 20

Actually was it 10 days ago? I wasn't keeping count, obviously you were and were ready to have a go on the 11th day? Is that right?
This place is to say what we think is happening from what we hear.
No one ever claimed to know, only what they think.
If you cant handle speculation, just read the ASX announcements and stick to that.

Reactions: 6 users

Samus

Top 20
People used to give me a hard time for having a more guarded and critical view on AVZ and it's BoD on the crapper as well. Now look what's happened, I'd say Roon has been more accurate in his commentary than the vast majority and a valuable contributor with sound logic if you get your head out of the sand.
We've yet to see any real win from the BOD over 15 months, rumours or no rumours.

• Thinking
Reactions: 21 users

Azzler

Top 20
Actually to add to the observation, persistantly erring on the side of unreasonable negativaty towards BoD and AVZ's success, and every time it's pointed out he makes one positive humble post before returning to do the same thing a few weeks later.

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

Azzler

Top 20
The happy clapper echo chamber is usually a dog whistle for those seeking to undermine AVZ. Shorters or whatever.
On the whole we are very critical of BoD here, there's more happy clapping on the bird and the crapper.

• Thinking
Was just passing on what I was told at the time. I have no relationship with nor have i ever talked with anyone from AVZ, it was a family member who knows I am invested here and who talked to an old work colleague. As stated, and as mentioned always worth taking with a grain of salt. I've also heard more positive rumor in recent months of progress made, as i stated recently in the crapper, but just rumor, and not from anyone who I think has any direct lines. I do understand though if you pass on anything of potential relevance that doesn't bring hope it won't go down well. Maybe I should've kept it to myself.

And yes Azz ultimately I have taken a mostly negative view on our position these past 18 months, and on our BoD's performance, especially just prior to the TH. But they are certainly fighting a difficult battle, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. To still be in the game at this point is an achievement, and I feel the ICSID battle more than anything may push us towards a positive resolution.

We can't all be always overtly positive here, wouldn't be a very balanced forum otherwise. Some here from the other forum may remember I had a much more rosy view in years gone by, though thats slipped. But we are nonetheless all in the same boat, so take it as you will. I have no agenda beyond learning what I can about the current situation and future trajectory - as there's a hell of a lot I don't know.

So I take it you’re not going to tell us who the ex AVZ employee you’re close relative was a colleague with is, or why ex employees like Math wouldn’t be conspiring to undermine AVZ

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

wombat74

Top 20
Actually was it 10 days ago? I wasn't keeping count, obviously you were and were ready to have a go on the 11th day? Is that right?
This place is to say what we think is happening from what we hear.
No one ever claimed to know, only what they think.
If you cant handle speculation, just read the ASX announcements and stick to that.
You're emotional mate . You run on emotions . Take an aspirin and have a lie down .

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Roon

Regular
Actually to add to the observation, persistantly erring on the side of unreasonable negativaty towards BoD and AVZ's success, and every time it's pointed out he makes one positive humble post before returning to do the same thing a few weeks later.
I don't think its unreasonable negativity, I think it's perfectly warranted negativity. But each to their own. As you said this is the place for us to speculate based on what we think and what we hear. I'm not here to apologize for having my own viewpoint.

Reactions: 20 users

Azzler

Top 20
You're emotional mate . You run on emotions . Take an aspirin and have a lie down .
Oh my poor emotions, thank you for explaining that to me, I was so upset.
:sneaky: That one work on your wife?

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Azzler

Top 20
I don't think its unreasonable negativity, I think it's perfectly warranted negativity. But each to their own. As you said this is the place for us to speculate based on what we think and what we hear. I'm not here to apologize for having my own viewpoint.
And I don't, which is why I made my observation, I'm not here to apologise for having that viewpoint. :sneaky:

Last edited:
  • Haha

Roon

Regular
So I take it you’re not going to tell us who the ex AVZ employee you’re close relative was a colleague with is, or why ex employees like Math wouldn’t be conspiring to undermine AVZ
I've no idea if any ex employees are conspiring to undermine AVZ, aside from KE obviously. But its certainly possible. Especially if they went out on a bad note or have since been subverted by other parties. But my question re: Math was genuine, as I'd just read a page of comments here about him being a front for the Chinese or stoking attempts at an EGM and was wondering what I missed

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Azzler

Top 20
I've no idea if any ex employees are conspiring to undermine AVZ, aside from KE obviously. But its certainly possible. Especially if they went out on a bad note or have since been subverted by other parties. But my question re: Math was genuine, as I'd just read a page of comments here about him being a front for the Chinese or stoking attempts at an EGM and was wondering what I missed
It was just conjecture not fact.

Reactions: 1 users

Remark

Top 20

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Samus

Top 20

#Manono capital of the #lithium Congolese , 30% of children in the mines are girls aged 9/15 and work 9/12 hours a day. At 16 they are already mothers without any education, many have never used a sanitary napkin in their lives.

As a child I worked in the mines a bit like these children. Some do everything to help their parents, you have to have lived these moments to understand them

Pole kwanza These are situations that our society should no longer tolerate..

Unfortunately it benefits some who maintain these mines to pay at a low price and without too many conditions

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users

Scoota30

Regular

I'll also back @Roon from years gone past on the crapper, he has been a valuable contributor with sincere intentions from my point of view.

I also thought it was strange that @JAG name dropped Leonard Maths name/potential accusation but didn't follow it up with any more details after. Teasing us again JAG! 😂

22 days left in August....

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom