AVZ Discussion 2022

cruiser51

Top 20
Coming back to EV fires on car carriers.

It has been suggested that if an EV like this is driven too enthusiastically onto a Ro/Ro car carrier/ ferry or any ramp that it could bottom out and do damage to the battery, which lives in the lowest section of the car.

On top of that since mid 90's the design of car carriers has been changed, the vertical bulkheads were omitted, the thought was horizontal separation, by closing the ramps between the decks, was sufficient. The change of design made it possible to load the vessels faster and increase to load capacity.
The effect of Lithium Ion batteries was not taken in consideration at that stage.

Another fact to be taken in consideration is the effect of free surface on stability, in case the hull with multi layers is filled with water from the top.
Anybody who has played with load computers, knows that it doesn't take that much to create a negative stability with this type of hull. In other words it doesn't take much to capsize a hull like this.

In this particular case copious amounts of smoke can be seen escaping from the ventilation hatches. so while cooling the ship lot of water entered the hull from the top. However, were the ventilation hatches closed?

This ship with a crew of 24 was about 1/2 day sailing from its port of departure.
1690704228660.png

Just a few thoughts

• Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

Juba1845

Regular
Coming back to EV fires on car carriers.

It has been suggested that if an EV like this is driven too enthusiastically onto a Ro/Ro car carrier/ ferry or any ramp that it could bottom out and do damage to the battery, which lives in the lowest section of the car.

On top of that since mid 90's the design of car carriers has been changed, the vertical bulkheads were omitted, the thought was horizontal separation, by closing the ramps between the decks, was sufficient. The change of design made it possible to load the vessels faster and increase to load capacity.
The effect of Lithium Ion batteries was not taken in consideration at that stage.

Another fact to be taken in consideration is the effect of free surface on stability, in case the hull with multi layers is filled with water from the top.
Anybody who has played with load computers, knows that it doesn't take that much to create a negative stability with this type of hull. In other words it doesn't take much to capsize a hull like this.

In this particular case copious amounts of smoke can be seen escaping from the ventilation hatches. so while cooling the ship lot of water entered the hull from the top. However, were the ventilation hatches closed?

This ship with a crew of 24 was about 1/2 day sailing from its port of departure.
View attachment 41094

Just a few thoughts
Who cares about cars blowing up on ships . What's happening with AVZ ? Share holders want access to their money .

Reactions: 3 users

geo_au

Regular

Onthefm

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Who cares about cars blowing up on ships . What's happening with AVZ ? Share holders want access to their money .
I would say the DRC is highly interested how to export batteries and EV's, they wish to produce, in the future.
May be you heard the DRC wishes to build a battery / EV industry in their country.

It looks like you are not aware that at this moment these products contain lithium and AVZ intends to mine that lithium.

Better stick with your Mission Impossible movies mate, you are good at that.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Just a reminder to everyone that our rhetoric here is being used against us by our enemies.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Just a reminder to everyone that our rhetoric here is being used against us by our enemies.
One wonders how many here are our enemy and non contributors.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

JAG

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

JAG

Top 20
I do!
And I care about potential supply chain issues that potentially may affect front and back end supply resulting in potentially affecting the SP of Li Companies.
Use your brain…. This isn’t just about AVZ.
If you want to chat solely about AVZ there is a special thread just for that…. It’s the 2023 thread.
Or you can actually do some research yourself and potentially contribute to the forum instead of whinging

Thx @cruiser51 please keep updating.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Juba1845

Regular
I do!
And I care about potential supply chain issues that potentially may affect front and back end supply resulting in potentially affecting the SP of Li Companies.
Use your brain…. This isn’t just about AVZ.
If you want to chat solely about AVZ there is a special thread just for that…. It’s the 2023 thread.
Or you can actually do some research yourself and potentially contribute to the forum instead of whinging

Thx @cruiser51 please keep updating.
If it's not just about AVZ then why the hell is anyone here lol . If you weren't invested in AVZ you wouldn't be here . Stick to what matters.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Onthefm

Regular
I would say the DRC is highly interested how to export batteries and EV's, they wish to produce, in the future.
May be you heard the DRC wishes to build a battery / EV industry in their country.

It looks like you are not aware that at this moment these products contain lithium and AVZ intends to mine that lithium.

Better stick with your Mission Impossible movies mate, you are good at that.
Mate the chances of the drc exporting batteries or ev,s is zero while the elite thieves continue to pillage the drc masses. Imo

Reactions: 11 users

WPM60

Emerged
Unfortunately it has become a boys club here and unless you are considered a member of that club you are mocked and ridiculed. The behaviour of most of these blokes is pathetic. Their self opinionated and self righteous postings in the main are nothing short of drivel. The club however consider themselves highly intelligent and egg each other on with backslapping and childish approval. Only hope is that the august predictions are true and we can get out of here and move on with our lives. Just got to sit here and wait for a visit from the few quality posters with real information

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 21 users

John25

Regular
Unfortunately it has become a boys club here and unless you are considered a member of that club you are mocked and ridiculed. The behaviour of most of these blokes is pathetic. Their self opinionated and self righteous postings in the main are nothing short of drivel. The club however consider themselves highly intelligent and egg each other on with backslapping and childish approval. Only hope is that the august predictions are true and we can get out of here and move on with our lives. Just got to sit here and wait for a visit from the few quality posters with real information
View attachment 41109

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users
@WPM60 @Juba1845 @Onthefm

You three fuckwits are the biggest morons here. None of you have ever posted one (that’s right you fucken losers, not even one) sentence of information.

It’s clear @WPM60 is a troll who just crawled in here and found two whining dickheads to egg on. If you whining fuckwits had a single brain cell between you, you would fuck off to the other thread

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 30 users

WPM60

Emerged
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users

WPM60

Emerged
Reactions: 2 users

cruiser51

Top 20
If it's not just about AVZ then why the hell is anyone here lol . If you weren't invested in AVZ you wouldn't be here . Stick to what matters.
Oh fuck is that a new episode?

When did you ever contribute anything to this forum, dickhead?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Your honour I rest my case
Not another 1st class wanker, one wonders where they live.

How many posts?
When did he join?
What is the content of his posts?

Fukkin moron.

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Azzler

Top 20
Cool, just don't come here. Cya.

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

Uglybob

Regular
I'm just here waiting for Beisha to update his chart on AVZ. It's been over 60 weeks I've been waiting now. He must be distracted by something...

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 17 users
Top Bottom