AVZ Discussion 2022

TheCount

Regular
Yes speculating on all this without all the pieces can be a bit frustrating, I'm asking myself is it even worth the effort knowing there are a number of paths forward and an exercise like this is really a bit of guess work to a certain extent.

However, there's not much else to do until we wait on an AVZ announcement to provide the clarity we deserve.

In any evert, under the potential scenario of a asset sale, the company could make a special dividend, (that dividend could be partly or fully franked IMO, depending on how tax paid in the DRC is treated here) or maybe a share buy back would be an option.

Maybe under an asset sale the BOD decide to secure another resource opportunity (AUS?) on or around the same time of selling the interest in Manono? This could mean AVZ is not left without an assert at any stage, or possibly depending on the timing of things, Manono would not be assessed as the only asset held under the company.

Big guesses here on all this, wish I was a Taxation Lawyer as it would be helpful to know if under an asset sale whether shareholders would enjoy some local taxation relief for tax paid on the gain in the DRC.

As others have mentioned, a special dividend is income to shareholders, fully taxable unless there is some franking involved. All questions for a tax lawyer as this information is not easily discernible when reviewing ATO information, nor can I find a precedent.

It would be a shame not to enjoy the CGT discount from selling our AVZ shares in due course, assuming the value is representative of the realisation of a potential asset sale.

Some have said AVZ may not need to trade again on an asset sale, maybe. However trading again on completion of an asset sale may provide the opportunity for a shareholder to exit while others come in to make a clip or margin on any special dividend. Anyway, just kicking this thing as there's not much else to do in the interim, the rabbit hole on these types of scenario's goes deep 🦊

Of course all of the above is irrelevant should there be no asset sale, and some new type of JV is agreed, or if a group makes a bid for AVZ Minerals Ltd on the ASX, which would be a cleaner outcome and a preference assuming the pricing is attractive and there's no blocking by the FIRB.

For what it is worth, I think an asset sale is the most likely outcome, yet happy to be surprised with any other outcome for shareholders that provides better value now or in the short term.

Cheers 🦊

Is just one example where BOTH Capital and Income have been handed back to Shareholders.

Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 9.23.11 am.png

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

BEISHA

Top 20
No plan in getting out but a lazy $500K be nice for a long awaited retail therapy
Dont blame you dude, taking a bit off the table for retail therapy, you can also fuck off that job that was forced upon you too, i have a open mind still which way i go, i will first await if and when something transpires , then possibly treat it as a trading stock, not a investment stock........if you get my drift.....;)

Reactions: 9 users

wombat74

Top 20
I kept hearing conflicting outcomes over the last few weeks too.
Indeed Comminiere's comments on Twitter (I think it's that Mice guy, not CKK directly), are to be taken with much contempt, they're liers and thieves after all.
But from what I had heard (deal is done) along with other very recent revalations (Zijin, split and certain people in country) followed by Com stating AVZ sold 3 tenaments, along with other murmers... well fuck it, it looks like it actually happened.

I'm hoping we see an announcement soon in regards to this.
It's all from whispers, if it wasn't, it would be announced.

P.S. "Deal Done" did not stipulate any details (sold or mining), the "all sold" is from deductions.
What happened to the South North split ? AVZ gets RD & South CDL .

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

Chilla

Regular
This could be old and redundant, but I've revently come across the Copper (and RE ) guru Robert Friedland and Ivanhoe mines. Many of you may know of the links from Ivanhoe Mines to Zeijin?

Ivanhoe's ability to explore, open up and get running its copper operation in the DRC is legendary. No doubt the right greasy palms were handled appropriatley.

Could the 'fight' over Manono really be fuelled by Ivanhoe instead of the Chinese? As in it's really one of our own?

(bomb shelter entered in case old thinking)
Unlikely

Reactions: 12 users

Dijon101

Regular
This could be old and redundant, but I've revently come across the Copper (and RE ) guru Robert Friedland and Ivanhoe mines. Many of you may know of the links from Ivanhoe Mines to Zeijin?

Ivanhoe's ability to explore, open up and get running its copper operation in the DRC is legendary. No doubt the right greasy palms were handled appropriatley.

Could the 'fight' over Manono really be fuelled by Ivanhoe instead of the Chinese? As in it's really one of our own?

(bomb shelter entered in case old thinking)

No
Nice try though

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

TheCount

Regular
Nice try at what?

RF is a weapin of a miner - getting into the DRC and getting a mine explored and up and producing in record time ( He did it through Covid)

Are you aware of the links Ivanhoe has to Zeijin?
No one here cares about what you are commenting on. There is no relevance, and reading you're words is like talking to a 10 year old..

Focus on what is actually happening with AVZ, not some other distraction.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Dijon101

Regular
FUD

It's not Ivanhoe vs AVZ /dathcom for control of manono..

It's not even worth anyone's energy getting into a conversation about it.

• Fire

Dijon101

Regular
The more noise and FUD there is the more confident I am.

Buy when the river runs red so to speak

The top end of town don't shout how great lithium is before they buy it, they short it and feed us as much bs and negativity there is before they buy more. Oldest play in the book.

No reason for Tommy twat to run that article in the AFR other than to feed the public more bs.

The closer we get to a resolution, the more bs they will feed us. I won't tell people to stay positive, but I will repeat, don't believe anything until it's in an official announcement from AVZ.

Bazinga!

Reactions: 5 users

Remark

Top 20
Lots of newly emerged posters, welcome friends! 😁

How  to cook AVZ troll.jpg

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Azzler

Top 20
Hey Beish,

Haven't really been keeping abreast of all things over the weekend, as I've been moving house. Catching up a bit more this afternoon and late last night, all of a sudden I'm reading that we are selling our assets and everyone is concerned with what taxes they might to pay!
Firstly imo, if this rumour started with the tweet from CKK (Cominiere) about us selling our tenements, I personally wouldn't take it's worth for a grain of salt! The guy is a total nut job and he knows he's fucked!
In my opinion, and I'm hoping, Cominere probably won't even be in existence in the very near future!
Really not sure whether Azzlers info is correct or not, as apparently over the last six weeks, things (outcomes) have changed numerous times, so who knows we're are currently at.
All should be revealed soon, but imo, we will be going mining!
Have a great week everyone,

Cheers,
Nells
Something just occured to me that's changed my opinion from 'everything has been sold', to they may still be going mining at RD, but everything else is sold.
Selling 3 PR's might mean the split CDL section, plus the 2 boundaries.
🤷‍♂️

Hope it's not long until we find out.

• Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

SilentOne

Regular
Ok FH what is happening with AVZ? Right now what is verfiably happening except BS production?

World's largest deposit followed by the world's largest CF.

The IM point I raised was that others have gotten into the DRC, found high grade minerals and then built a mine into commercial operation.

AVZ has done FA.

They found a deposit, then crickets.

Fake BS everywhere about 'awarding of the awarding of the awarding of an ML'

Then it's taken off them!!!

Would you object if AVZ sold to IM?

The DRC is trying sell the same Honda 3 times +. Dont even bother asking for clarification because you are clearly not a regular.

SilentOne

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Dijon101

Regular
You've got clarity on AVZ.

Let me guess you're married to the transbrother of the trans sister that met the president of the DRC in 2018 and were told the whole DRC is not made up of sharks.

Grow up champ

• Fire
  • Haha

Ashlee

Regular

Let me guess you're married to the transbrother of the trans sister that met the president of the DRC in 2018 and were told the whole DRC is not made up of sharks.
Didn’t take long to show your true colours Lol

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Doc

Master of Quan

You mis-spelt Phoenix. Interesting name when someone comes back with a new nic after being ran out of town

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Smacks of Linda

Can't even spell Phoenix

• Haha
  • Fire

Winenut

Go AVZ!
You mis-spelt Phoenix. Interesting name when someone comes back with a new nic after being ran out of town
Beat me by about 15 seconds!

• Haha

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
  • Haha
  • Fire

BEISHA

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Love

BEISHA

Top 20

bingo.gif

tripping.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Top Bottom