AVZ Discussion 2022

I just saw found this in my collection of screenshots. Of course it predates the latest drilling results.

Ah, the good times…
IMG_0130.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 20 users

Samus

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

BRICK

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

CashKing

Regular
  • Haha

Frank

Top 20
1688905579512.png

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Frank

Top 20
1688906682330.png

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Frank

Top 20
1688906886092.png

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users

CHB

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

cruiser51

Top 20

Lithium War: thanks to the DRC, Namibia, Zimbabwe, China is getting ahead of the West​

July 8, 2023 Modified date: July 8, 2023

Between China and Western countries, the lithium war is raging. And for good reason: “white gold” is the lightest solid element in the periodic table of elements and minerals. Its high electrochemical potential makes it essential for the batteries of electric vehicles. Lithium is, consequently, a real challenge for the economy of the future. And, in this niche, the People's Republic of China has built a dominant position in many minerals crucial for the energy transition, including cobalt, lithium and rare earth metals. The West is about to spend hundreds of billions of dollars trying to catch up. In this war of the titans, courted by all parties, the DRC hopes to pull out of the game.

From Brussels to London to Washington, concerns over access to critical minerals have reached an all-time high following Russia's invasion of Ukraine and amid growing tensions between the West and China. China's early move to tap new lithium supply hubs across Africa is bearing fruit, helping the top electric vehicle battery producer navigate a tight market for the key metal.

Spurred by a wave of investment from Chinese companies, mines across the continent are expected to increase production of lithium feedstock more than 30 times over last year's volume by 2027, according to S&P Global Commodity Insights . quoted by our colleagues from Bloomberg. Africa will then represent 12% of the world's supply, compared to 1% in 2022. According to projections by Rystad Energy and Battery Materials Cube taken up by the British financial newspaper Financial Times , the DRC will be the second African producer of lithium d by 2031, with an annual production of around 100,000 tonnes, tied with Mali, and just behind Zimbabwe.

Biggest source of capital
Diversification of supply sources will boost China's efforts to defend its dominance in electric vehicle metal processing - turning raw materials like lithium, nickel and cobalt into chemicals used in battery components - while the United States is stepping up efforts to build its own supply networks with partners and allies like Canada and Australia.

“It is certain that Africa will play an important role for China”, in particular as an alternative source of raw materials to Australia, currently the first supplier and where exports could be limited as the national refineries are put into operation, said Beijing-based industry commentator Peng Xu. Mali, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Zimbabwe could all join the ranks of the top producers of mined lithium by the end of the decade, according to data from BNEF, a provider of primary research and analysis on mining trends. driving the transition to a low-carbon economy."Chinese investment in Africa is arguably the biggest source of capital for battery material supply in recent years," Martin Jackson, head of battery raw materials at CRU Group, told Bloomberglinea.com online media . UK company that provides business intelligence on the global metals, mining and fertilizer industries through market analysis, price assessments, advice and events.

Faced with China's dominance of the lithium supply chain, Western officials are presenting their investment offer to African countries as a more socially responsible alternative. African counterparties “see us as a fair arbiter, as someone who can help bring about greater transparency,” Nusrat Ghani, Britain's minister responsible for critical minerals, told our Financial Times colleagues .

A Biden envoy to Fatshi
In Manono in the DRC, a former tin mining area that could be Africa's largest untapped lithium deposit, Australia's AVZ Minerals is engaged in a legal battle with Chinese company Zijin Mining , backed by the Congolese state. , regarding the ownership structure of the dealership. The Chinese mining giant has officially launched its first lithium exploration project as part of a joint venture with the Congolese state-owned company Cominiere. The joint venture, called Katamba Mining, has obtained mining rights to two projects to explore and exploit new fields on the outskirts of the Manono lithium mine in the DRC

The United States is also examining options for sourcing raw materials from Africa, but has only tentative plans so far, including preliminary cooperation agreements with the DRC and Zambia, Alice said. Yu, metals and mining analyst at S&P Global Commodity Insights. “There will also need to be more scrutiny for Africa to be included as a favorable supplier to trade deals ,” she said.

Amos Hochstein, special envoy of US President Joe Biden and coordinator of international energy affairs, toured African lithium-producing countries last September. He was thus received by Congolese President Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo on September 13 at the African Union city in Kinshasa. The American diplomat then declared that he was carrying a message from the American president to his Congolese counterpart, and that he discussed with the Congolese head of state on cooperation in the areas of investment and security, in in order to attract many more American investors to the DRC, for the benefit of the Congolese population.
Aristotle KAJIBWAMI

• Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

cruiser51

Top 20

Reactions: 1 users

Pokok

Regular

Thanks I enjoys every moment of my French lesson , shame I don't understand a a f$%#en word . 2.30am what am I doing up ohh wait,,,, Im waiting for my weekly update

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Samus

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 20 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Shows you these two blokes sit on hotcrapper, TSE and Twitter collecting data to use against us - i've cooled right off on twitter so these pricks get no extra leverage. Word is Zijin and Cominiere are OUT (yet to be confirmed via ICC removal) so i'll lay off govt officials for a while.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 25 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
  • Fire

wombat74

Top 20
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Chase

Regular
Read this Tom. Your a fuckwit

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Tom's article came off extremely childish - is this high-school or the ASX - and Klaus is pissed as he has been slammed by former shareholders on the AJN social media channels which we should all keep up as it's all true

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 21 users

Samus

Top 20
Curious how any time there might be a lick of something positive in the air all of this starts up again :unsure:

• Thinking
Reactions: 17 users
Top Bottom