Winenut

Go AVZ!
$12....$12....$12

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users

Nellie17

Regular
They named the broker, you could call them to check.
Have done that Azz,
and yes, full of shite as far as I could uncover. I was really hoping it was true!

On the current situation,
From what I've heard, there has definitely been alot of goings on at present and progress is being made , as it has been for the last month or so, so definitely hoping we hear of some progress or atleast some direction within the next fortnight. I am totally in the belief that we will get out of this mess, and have total belief in Nigel and his team to get us there!
Let the good times roll!!!

Cheers,
Nells

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 52 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Have done that Azz,
and yes, full of shite as far as I could uncover. I was really hoping it was true!

On the current situation,
From what I've heard, there has definitely been alot of goings on at present and progress is being made , as it has been for the last month or so, so definitely hoping we hear of some progress or atleast some direction within the next fortnight. I am totally in the belief that we will get out of this mess, and have total belief in Nigel and his team to get us there!
Let the good times roll!!!

Cheers,
Nells

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Charbella

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
https://miningnewsmagazine.org/gros...vision-miniere-quel-investisseur-lapplique-1/

BIG PLAN: President Tshisekedi declined his mining vision. Which investor applies it? (1)​

July 3, 2023 abel

In his speech, which was eagerly awaited by all participants in Investing in Mining Indaba 2023 in Cape Town, South Africa on February 07, 2023, President Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi set the country's ambitions under his leadership for the natural resources sector and mainly that of mines in this period of energy transition and global warming forcing the whole world to secure the supply of critical

Regarding the Democratic Republic of Congo, Fatshi had said this that had more retained the editorial staff of Mining News Magazine:

"It is not necessary to recall here that my country, the Democratic Republic of Congo, is known for its mining potential representing 1,100 different mineral substances. All its provinces can claim to hold mineral wealth. And in this period of climate change, the Democratic Republic of Congo is proving to be a solution state through its strategic minerals such as cobalt, coltan, germanium and lithium, to guarantee a better ecological and energy transition.

It is therefore a destination of choice that offers countless opportunities. Financiers, mining operators, equipment manufacturers, subcontractors, recyclers, everyone can find their share!

However, the Democratic Republic of Congo, my country, is ready to put in place mutually beneficial agreements with all partners who need our resources.

History attests that my country has always been present at all the major events of the industrial revolutions, but unfortunately without its population taking any profit from it. Once again, we are meeting today for a major meeting, to strengthen resilience to climate change on a global scale. And it is increasingly obvious that climate security, energy security, and food security go hand in hand.

The Democratic Republic of Congo is still ready to play its partition. But this time, we want the Congolese people to fully benefit from it. With its potential in strategic minerals such as cobalt, copper, lithium, manganese, nickel and graphite, my country can contribute to the resolution of climate issues and thus play a major role in this energy transition. Cobalt, an essential ore for batteries and green technologies, finds 60% of its world production in the DRC, which would hold 50% of the world's reserves.

In addition, my country has significant reserves of lithium, another essential element of electric vehicle batteries.

My address at this conference revolves around the reforms undertaken by my country to guarantee not only a good business climate, but also to ensure a fair remuneration of income from mining resources to the Congolese people, with a view to sustainable development.

Mining-Indaba-1-660x365.jpg

As soon as I joined the supreme judiciary, I worked to restore the image of my country to make it more attractive to investments, transforming it into a space cleaned up by improving the business climate. I instructed the government to take initiatives to be part of a dynamic that improves the business climate while ensuring that the implementation of this business-friendly framework really contribute to the well-being of our populations.

As an indication, a Special Economic Zone has been set up in Manono in the province of Tanganyika for the processing of Lithium for the manufacture of electronic batteries at competitive costs. In addition, a bilateral agreement has been signed with the Republic of Zambia for the manufacture of electric batteries in the province of Haut-Katanga in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Considering that the country's coverage in terms of research is approximately only 19% of the national territory, it must be deduced that the country is still underexplored. This explains the recent launch of a vast geological research campaign through the creation of the National Geological Service of Congo.

This campaign, which started with the Katanga block in the cupro-cobaltifère and stannifère sector, will extend in the next few days on the Kasaï block for nickel and chromium. The objective is to discover new deposits that can be the subject of calls for tenders, with a view to concluding mutually profitable public/private partnerships. Also, faced with the challenges of the day, mainly with regard to the race towards the energy transition, the Democratic Republic of Congo is positioning itself as a solution country, in view of the occurrences of so-called critical minerals with which its subsoil is full.

The Democratic Republic of Congo can therefore play a major role in Africa's stability and development. To achieve this, I am once again launching once again and unequivocally, a call to action through win-win partnerships. This model implies trade agreements where partners derive relatively fair benefits.

I invite you to come and explore the many opportunities that my country offers at the moment. These include the project to install a local refining plant of our Cobalt to produce the precursors necessary for the manufacture of batteries for electric vehicles, as well as the establishment of a value chain in the artisanal gold sector as well as that of 3 T (coltan, tin and tungsten) by the installation of processing entities.

The mining sector of the Democratic Republic of Congo can only benefit the investors you are if it meets the legitimate aspirations of local communities impacted by mining projects.

It is in this precise context that mechanisms promoting the redistribution of income from mining activities have been inserted into the legislation of my country, for the benefit of the populations affected by mining projects.

This includes the obligation, on the part of the holders of mining rights in the exploitation phase, to sign specifications with local communities defining their social responsibility, to constitute and make available an endowment of at least 0.3% of turnover for contributions to community development projects.''

What foreign investors could help him realize this win-win vision in favor of the DRC?

COLTAN-ETAIN-LITHIUM AND OTHER CRITICAL MINERALS

Nigel-Munro-Ferguson-660x365.jpg

Nigel Munro Ferguson is a geologist and businessman who has been in several different companies. Mr. Ferguson holds the position of Managing Director and Executive Director at AVZ Minerals Ltd. and is a member of the Australian Institute of Geoscientists.

In the past, Nigel Munro Ferguson was National Director at Ashanti Goldfields Co.

He was educated in one of the best private schools in Hobart, Friends, where he played rugby and rowed.

After a degree in geology from the University of Tasmania, he began working in mining exploration across several countries around the world. Africa became his specialty, and he ran Ashanti Goldfields in Tanzania, where he bought a gold mine that is now one of the most profitable in AngloGold Ashanti.

Appointed Technical Director of AVZ Minerals in February 2017 by its then President and Chief Executive Officer Klaus Eckof, in 2018, a year after Ferguson became General Manager replacing Mr. Eckof, AVZ said it had discovered "the largest hard rock spodumene deposit" in the world near Manono, a city located in an area formerly called "Triangle of Death" with the 1998 geologists from Dathcom Mining, the partnership company with Cominière and Dathomir.

First viable feasibility study at Cominière

Graeme-Godsman-Johnston-589x365.jpg

Thanks to the technical work and explorations carried out by Congolese and Australian geologists under the technical direction of experienced geologist Graeme Godsman Johnston, AVZ valued the only mining research permit that remained in its portfolio after a suspicious transfer of other permits to HYVEST and HYSEN partnerships with Chinese and a Congolese politician.

Pending the notification of the Operating Permit (EP) for permit 13359, the project revives the hope for residents to secure their livelihoods.

While President Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi calls on serious investors to explore together mineral resources in Katanga and Kasai, Nigel Ferguson and AVZ are revealed to be among the right natural and legal persons that the Head of State needs for mines in the DRC.

After recovering the 13359 research permit and the Dathcom Mining joint venture in early 2017 by buying 60% of Dathomir in the project and paying USD6 million to the state-state company Cominière, AVZ had more or less 30,000 meters of diamond drilling carried out, as well as RC drilling and then carried out a feasibility study (within the legal deadline, in 3 years

Energy transition and infrastructure

If exploited, Manono lithium will help the DRC to better compete with other producing countries such as China, Argentina or Chile.

The investment cost of about $600 million to build a plant, buy mining equipment to the processing plant, the crusher-crusher of materials to pass through a dense separation plant that will be followed by sorting by size to have about 700,000 tons per year of the product called SE6, which is 6% lithium spodumene concentrate, was considered normal and acceptable by First Quantum's Ir

The metallurgical testing work undertaken by Kingston Process Metallurgy in Canada confirmed that the lithium sulphate plant process proposed by AVZ to treat lithium from Dathcom Mining in Manono was technically feasible and that the 1.5 kg of primary lithium sulfate produced was suitable as a raw material in battery factories.

The production of lithium by AVZ and Dathcom is also something that some villagers expect because they want to ensure their livelihoods. If the authorities issue the license, lithium production could become the main provider of jobs in Manono.

Comprehensive technical studies of due diligence of the railways to Lobito and Dar es Salaam have been conducted and both are considered suitable for the export of the product. This is part of the construction of basic infrastructure by serious miners for the benefit of the country and the populations, Mark Bristow and Kibali did so with the national road that goes from Doko (Watsa territory) to Aru (Ituri territory) on the border with Uganda. Road rehabilitated in clay, maintained by Kibali despite paying the toll at the Foner.

Two main product export routes were selected, namely Manono at the intermodal intermediate station of Kabondo Dianda (Province of Haut Lomami) by road, then on the SNCC to Tenke and the TAZARA railway to the port of Dar es Salaam.

The second goes from Manono to the head of the Kabondo Dianda line by road, then on SNCC to Tenke and towards the Angolan railway (CFB) to the port of Lobito. A third possible option is also available to Walvis Bay via the Walvis Bay Corridor.

Manono Special Economic Zone

AVZ worked closely with the government officials concerned, mainly Minister Julien Paluku of Industry, to facilitate a special economic zone around the Manono project, which the Head of State spoke to Mining Indaba on February 7, 2023, which will offer a tax regime favorable to the project and facilitate industrialization in this part of the country.

This is the only monster mining project of President Fatshi's current mandate and which will produce significant lasting results in communities and make it more than popular in a province that has experienced the throes of the war imposed by Rwanda through the RCD rebel movement.

In addition and like the Kibali Gold Mine mining project led by Mark Bristow, AVZ Power worked with the technical services of the National Ministry of Energy and Hydraulic Resources and Cominière, according to several documentary sources and testimonies from the General Secretariat for Energy, until producing a feasibility study on the rehabilitation of the Mpiana Mwanga I and II hydroelectric power plant, in

The refurbishment of the hydroelectric power plant would include the installation of up to 30.9 MW via three new turbine generators in Mpiana Mwanga's number two turbine room.

Low carbon footprint, green and responsible mining

In addition, an independent study on greenhouse gases also indicated that the Manono project was likely to have one of the lowest carbon footprints of all hard rock lithium mines in the world. This was mainly due to AVZ's strategic location next to the Mpiana Mwanga hydroelectric power plant which, once renovated, was to provide 99% of the Manono project's electricity needs.

The greenhouse gas assessment, which was carried out by the world's leading environmental and sustainability Environmental Resource Management (ERM) consultants, assessed the emissions associated with all operations over the 20-year life of the Manono project, processing facilities and road transport of products.

AVZ is also studying and planning important greenhouse gas mitigation measures, including:

The purchase of an electric mining fleet once commercially viable equipment is available;

The generation of hydrogen from surplus renewable electricity to allow the use of fuel cell electric vehicles; and the establishment of a 5,000-hectare sequestration plantation.

"We will continue to strive to improve our greenhouse gas emissions profile as we develop the world-class Manono project," Ferguson said. "In the end, we want the electricity produced by the Mpiana Mwanga hydroelectric plant to be used to operate all our mining equipment, making the Manono project a 100% green mine".

The technical experience present at the service of the country

Nigel Ferguson has been active in mining exploration in the DRC since about 2000.

He created and managed several companies, some of which were very successful and others were not.

In 2004, Nigel and his team discovered the Kibali gold deposit in the Haut-Uélé province. It was with the Australian company Moto Goldfields listed on the Australian Stock Exchange that Klaus Eckof headed, who knows him very well and respects him. She was involved in a standard JV with the DRC government.

expert.jpg

After their discovery, they had drilled the mineralized body and finally sold it to Randgold. This mine, discovered by Nigel and his team, now underlies much of the DRC's economy in the northeastern part of the country.

He also launched Tiger Resources (which was a partner of Gécamines in the Kipoi Mining Company - SEK, in Haut-Katanga on the Likasi Road), a company that was also lost for the mismanaged Chinese commercial interests leading to its closure and the loss of jobs.

His management team at AVZ was handpicked for their collective experience with a Congolese engineer Serge Ngandu who led Areva's operations in the Central African Republic and worked for several multinationals at home and around the world.

At Dathcom Mining, they developed the technical opportunity demonstrating that they are not "adventurers" but explorers, designers and developers of model mining projects with a long experience of success in the DRC.

The vision of AVZ and its boss Nigel Ferguson (developing a monster, complete and fully green integrative project by developing the community that goes from exploration to production without requiring the country for electricity) crosses that of the Head of State Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi, the Government of the Republic would do useful work by working on win-win partnerships in the critical minerals sector of Katanga

AVZ is the first mining partner of the Congolese state to offer it the taking of shares on the stock exchange in Australia as part of the JV Dathcom Mining. An example to be followed by others, an opportunity for the country.

By Benita Nkaya

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 42 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971

• Fire
  • Wow
https://miningnewsmagazine.org/gros...vision-miniere-quel-investisseur-lapplique-1/

BIG PLAN: President Tshisekedi declined his mining vision. Which investor applies it? (1)​

July 3, 2023 abel

In his speech, which was eagerly awaited by all participants in Investing in Mining Indaba 2023 in Cape Town, South Africa on February 07, 2023, President Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi set the country's ambitions under his leadership for the natural resources sector and mainly that of mines in this period of energy transition and global warming forcing the whole world to secure the supply of critical

Regarding the Democratic Republic of Congo, Fatshi had said this that had more retained the editorial staff of Mining News Magazine:

"It is not necessary to recall here that my country, the Democratic Republic of Congo, is known for its mining potential representing 1,100 different mineral substances. All its provinces can claim to hold mineral wealth. And in this period of climate change, the Democratic Republic of Congo is proving to be a solution state through its strategic minerals such as cobalt, coltan, germanium and lithium, to guarantee a better ecological and energy transition.

It is therefore a destination of choice that offers countless opportunities. Financiers, mining operators, equipment manufacturers, subcontractors, recyclers, everyone can find their share!

However, the Democratic Republic of Congo, my country, is ready to put in place mutually beneficial agreements with all partners who need our resources.

History attests that my country has always been present at all the major events of the industrial revolutions, but unfortunately without its population taking any profit from it. Once again, we are meeting today for a major meeting, to strengthen resilience to climate change on a global scale. And it is increasingly obvious that climate security, energy security, and food security go hand in hand.

The Democratic Republic of Congo is still ready to play its partition. But this time, we want the Congolese people to fully benefit from it. With its potential in strategic minerals such as cobalt, copper, lithium, manganese, nickel and graphite, my country can contribute to the resolution of climate issues and thus play a major role in this energy transition. Cobalt, an essential ore for batteries and green technologies, finds 60% of its world production in the DRC, which would hold 50% of the world's reserves.

In addition, my country has significant reserves of lithium, another essential element of electric vehicle batteries.

My address at this conference revolves around the reforms undertaken by my country to guarantee not only a good business climate, but also to ensure a fair remuneration of income from mining resources to the Congolese people, with a view to sustainable development.

Mining-Indaba-1-660x365.jpg

As soon as I joined the supreme judiciary, I worked to restore the image of my country to make it more attractive to investments, transforming it into a space cleaned up by improving the business climate. I instructed the government to take initiatives to be part of a dynamic that improves the business climate while ensuring that the implementation of this business-friendly framework really contribute to the well-being of our populations.

As an indication, a Special Economic Zone has been set up in Manono in the province of Tanganyika for the processing of Lithium for the manufacture of electronic batteries at competitive costs. In addition, a bilateral agreement has been signed with the Republic of Zambia for the manufacture of electric batteries in the province of Haut-Katanga in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Considering that the country's coverage in terms of research is approximately only 19% of the national territory, it must be deduced that the country is still underexplored. This explains the recent launch of a vast geological research campaign through the creation of the National Geological Service of Congo.

This campaign, which started with the Katanga block in the cupro-cobaltifère and stannifère sector, will extend in the next few days on the Kasaï block for nickel and chromium. The objective is to discover new deposits that can be the subject of calls for tenders, with a view to concluding mutually profitable public/private partnerships. Also, faced with the challenges of the day, mainly with regard to the race towards the energy transition, the Democratic Republic of Congo is positioning itself as a solution country, in view of the occurrences of so-called critical minerals with which its subsoil is full.

The Democratic Republic of Congo can therefore play a major role in Africa's stability and development. To achieve this, I am once again launching once again and unequivocally, a call to action through win-win partnerships. This model implies trade agreements where partners derive relatively fair benefits.

I invite you to come and explore the many opportunities that my country offers at the moment. These include the project to install a local refining plant of our Cobalt to produce the precursors necessary for the manufacture of batteries for electric vehicles, as well as the establishment of a value chain in the artisanal gold sector as well as that of 3 T (coltan, tin and tungsten) by the installation of processing entities.

The mining sector of the Democratic Republic of Congo can only benefit the investors you are if it meets the legitimate aspirations of local communities impacted by mining projects.

It is in this precise context that mechanisms promoting the redistribution of income from mining activities have been inserted into the legislation of my country, for the benefit of the populations affected by mining projects.

This includes the obligation, on the part of the holders of mining rights in the exploitation phase, to sign specifications with local communities defining their social responsibility, to constitute and make available an endowment of at least 0.3% of turnover for contributions to community development projects.''

What foreign investors could help him realize this win-win vision in favor of the DRC?

COLTAN-ETAIN-LITHIUM AND OTHER CRITICAL MINERALS

Nigel-Munro-Ferguson-660x365.jpg

Nigel Munro Ferguson is a geologist and businessman who has been in several different companies. Mr. Ferguson holds the position of Managing Director and Executive Director at AVZ Minerals Ltd. and is a member of the Australian Institute of Geoscientists.

In the past, Nigel Munro Ferguson was National Director at Ashanti Goldfields Co.

He was educated in one of the best private schools in Hobart, Friends, where he played rugby and rowed.

After a degree in geology from the University of Tasmania, he began working in mining exploration across several countries around the world. Africa became his specialty, and he ran Ashanti Goldfields in Tanzania, where he bought a gold mine that is now one of the most profitable in AngloGold Ashanti.

Appointed Technical Director of AVZ Minerals in February 2017 by its then President and Chief Executive Officer Klaus Eckof, in 2018, a year after Ferguson became General Manager replacing Mr. Eckof, AVZ said it had discovered "the largest hard rock spodumene deposit" in the world near Manono, a city located in an area formerly called "Triangle of Death" with the 1998 geologists from Dathcom Mining, the partnership company with Cominière and Dathomir.

First viable feasibility study at Cominière

Graeme-Godsman-Johnston-589x365.jpg

Thanks to the technical work and explorations carried out by Congolese and Australian geologists under the technical direction of experienced geologist Graeme Godsman Johnston, AVZ valued the only mining research permit that remained in its portfolio after a suspicious transfer of other permits to HYVEST and HYSEN partnerships with Chinese and a Congolese politician.

Pending the notification of the Operating Permit (EP) for permit 13359, the project revives the hope for residents to secure their livelihoods.

While President Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi calls on serious investors to explore together mineral resources in Katanga and Kasai, Nigel Ferguson and AVZ are revealed to be among the right natural and legal persons that the Head of State needs for mines in the DRC.

After recovering the 13359 research permit and the Dathcom Mining joint venture in early 2017 by buying 60% of Dathomir in the project and paying USD6 million to the state-state company Cominière, AVZ had more or less 30,000 meters of diamond drilling carried out, as well as RC drilling and then carried out a feasibility study (within the legal deadline, in 3 years

Energy transition and infrastructure

If exploited, Manono lithium will help the DRC to better compete with other producing countries such as China, Argentina or Chile.

The investment cost of about $600 million to build a plant, buy mining equipment to the processing plant, the crusher-crusher of materials to pass through a dense separation plant that will be followed by sorting by size to have about 700,000 tons per year of the product called SE6, which is 6% lithium spodumene concentrate, was considered normal and acceptable by First Quantum's Ir

The metallurgical testing work undertaken by Kingston Process Metallurgy in Canada confirmed that the lithium sulphate plant process proposed by AVZ to treat lithium from Dathcom Mining in Manono was technically feasible and that the 1.5 kg of primary lithium sulfate produced was suitable as a raw material in battery factories.

The production of lithium by AVZ and Dathcom is also something that some villagers expect because they want to ensure their livelihoods. If the authorities issue the license, lithium production could become the main provider of jobs in Manono.

Comprehensive technical studies of due diligence of the railways to Lobito and Dar es Salaam have been conducted and both are considered suitable for the export of the product. This is part of the construction of basic infrastructure by serious miners for the benefit of the country and the populations, Mark Bristow and Kibali did so with the national road that goes from Doko (Watsa territory) to Aru (Ituri territory) on the border with Uganda. Road rehabilitated in clay, maintained by Kibali despite paying the toll at the Foner.

Two main product export routes were selected, namely Manono at the intermodal intermediate station of Kabondo Dianda (Province of Haut Lomami) by road, then on the SNCC to Tenke and the TAZARA railway to the port of Dar es Salaam.

The second goes from Manono to the head of the Kabondo Dianda line by road, then on SNCC to Tenke and towards the Angolan railway (CFB) to the port of Lobito. A third possible option is also available to Walvis Bay via the Walvis Bay Corridor.

Manono Special Economic Zone

AVZ worked closely with the government officials concerned, mainly Minister Julien Paluku of Industry, to facilitate a special economic zone around the Manono project, which the Head of State spoke to Mining Indaba on February 7, 2023, which will offer a tax regime favorable to the project and facilitate industrialization in this part of the country.

This is the only monster mining project of President Fatshi's current mandate and which will produce significant lasting results in communities and make it more than popular in a province that has experienced the throes of the war imposed by Rwanda through the RCD rebel movement.

In addition and like the Kibali Gold Mine mining project led by Mark Bristow, AVZ Power worked with the technical services of the National Ministry of Energy and Hydraulic Resources and Cominière, according to several documentary sources and testimonies from the General Secretariat for Energy, until producing a feasibility study on the rehabilitation of the Mpiana Mwanga I and II hydroelectric power plant, in

The refurbishment of the hydroelectric power plant would include the installation of up to 30.9 MW via three new turbine generators in Mpiana Mwanga's number two turbine room.

Low carbon footprint, green and responsible mining

In addition, an independent study on greenhouse gases also indicated that the Manono project was likely to have one of the lowest carbon footprints of all hard rock lithium mines in the world. This was mainly due to AVZ's strategic location next to the Mpiana Mwanga hydroelectric power plant which, once renovated, was to provide 99% of the Manono project's electricity needs.

The greenhouse gas assessment, which was carried out by the world's leading environmental and sustainability Environmental Resource Management (ERM) consultants, assessed the emissions associated with all operations over the 20-year life of the Manono project, processing facilities and road transport of products.

AVZ is also studying and planning important greenhouse gas mitigation measures, including:

The purchase of an electric mining fleet once commercially viable equipment is available;

The generation of hydrogen from surplus renewable electricity to allow the use of fuel cell electric vehicles; and the establishment of a 5,000-hectare sequestration plantation.

"We will continue to strive to improve our greenhouse gas emissions profile as we develop the world-class Manono project," Ferguson said. "In the end, we want the electricity produced by the Mpiana Mwanga hydroelectric plant to be used to operate all our mining equipment, making the Manono project a 100% green mine".

The technical experience present at the service of the country

Nigel Ferguson has been active in mining exploration in the DRC since about 2000.

He created and managed several companies, some of which were very successful and others were not.

In 2004, Nigel and his team discovered the Kibali gold deposit in the Haut-Uélé province. It was with the Australian company Moto Goldfields listed on the Australian Stock Exchange that Klaus Eckof headed, who knows him very well and respects him. She was involved in a standard JV with the DRC government.

expert.jpg

After their discovery, they had drilled the mineralized body and finally sold it to Randgold. This mine, discovered by Nigel and his team, now underlies much of the DRC's economy in the northeastern part of the country.

He also launched Tiger Resources (which was a partner of Gécamines in the Kipoi Mining Company - SEK, in Haut-Katanga on the Likasi Road), a company that was also lost for the mismanaged Chinese commercial interests leading to its closure and the loss of jobs.

His management team at AVZ was handpicked for their collective experience with a Congolese engineer Serge Ngandu who led Areva's operations in the Central African Republic and worked for several multinationals at home and around the world.

At Dathcom Mining, they developed the technical opportunity demonstrating that they are not "adventurers" but explorers, designers and developers of model mining projects with a long experience of success in the DRC.

The vision of AVZ and its boss Nigel Ferguson (developing a monster, complete and fully green integrative project by developing the community that goes from exploration to production without requiring the country for electricity) crosses that of the Head of State Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi, the Government of the Republic would do useful work by working on win-win partnerships in the critical minerals sector of Katanga

AVZ is the first mining partner of the Congolese state to offer it the taking of shares on the stock exchange in Australia as part of the JV Dathcom Mining. An example to be followed by others, an opportunity for the country.

By Benita Nkaya

Mining News Magazine was one of the media platforms I sent AVZ’s story to

…. Just saying you can make a difference if you have a fucken go 👊💥💰

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 53 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
a Special Economic Zone has been set up in Manono in the province of Tanganyika for the processing of Lithium for the manufacture of electronic batteries at competitive costs. In addition, a bilateral agreement has been signed with the Republic of Zambia for the manufacture of electric batteries in the province of Haut-Katanga in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Battery manufacturing needs a partner with technical expertise and capability. I heard CATL know a bit about making batteries. Oh wait, they're AVZ's partner as well

Happy Drinking Beer GIF by Bayerischer Rundfunk

Last edited:
  • Love

Samus

Top 20
Mining News Magazine was one of the media platforms I sent AVZ’s story to

…. Just saying you can make a difference if you have a fucken go 👊💥💰
One to the crooks!
dick-punch.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Flight996

Regular
And just in case you somehow thought that Goldman Sach-style market manipulation of lithium explorers was a thing of the past...

A piece in today's AFR shows that Night Market Research, a recidivist shorter with little credibility employs the same GS style of exaggeration, misinterpretation and accusations of board of mismanagement in order to drive PMT's SP down and profit from stop-losses and gullible shareholders. Does that sound familiar?

If you are blocked from reading the full article by a paywall, simply use a 12 foot ladder to climb over it.

Cheers
F

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

muks

Mate, I already have the phone number for the asylum:confused::confused:

If these 5 fucking lawyers have any morals (oops, thats probably fucked my logic), they should be telling DRC to just give AVZ the fucking license.

As @9cardomaha notes, one of their French 'advisors' Rachida DATI knows how corruption is spelt

I notice that Julien, whilst never mentioned AVZ in any dialogue, is also not mentioning Zijin, rather it's CATL, COMC and his passion for the readings of Chairman Mao

I'm not sure I believe the stories about brokers trying to buy on behalf of Zijin but would like to, as it would signify desperation. If any of you larger holders have been approached, please let us know (@FilthyRich2, @muks)

I haven't been approached. But heard there was or is an attempt to close a reasonably small short position. That's all I know, I don't know anything further about it. It didn't sound like Zijin was involved, but can't confirm that.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Samus

Top 20
Reactions: 10 users

Charbella

Regular
Hi Guys. A mate of mine at a brokerage has let me know that a they had been approached to buy shares by a consultant on behalf of Chinese interests. This was knocked back by compliance.
🤔 I don't see any reasons why Jens or Deboss would lie about the calls.
Whether it is on behalf of Zijin is a different story.

Last edited:
  • Thinking

cruiser51

Top 20
Screen Shot 2023-07-08 at 11.50.29 am.png
Screen Shot 2023-07-08 at 11.52.59 am.png

From today's AFR

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
I hate going off topic and was going to have the weekend off here but I just found something beautiful on YouTube

Being old school and listening to classic bands from the Beatles era through the years of Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Stones (with legendary guitarists) and singers of the calibre of Joe Cocker etc, through to good grunge bands on the 90’s I had pretty well lost faith in today’s music

Today I found this young Irish busker whose interpretations of the songs she covers are absolutely gorgeous. For any of you that appreciate a beautiful young singer and are sick of the bullshit we have had to focus on for the last 61 weeks check her out…. Her name is Allie Sherlock

• Love
  • Fire

Frank

Top 20
Mr Pei
Major shareholder of CATL.
Major shareholder of CATH and Yibin .
His support for AVZ last announcement regarding 24%
So where is his long term lithium coming from .?
Last off take agreements with AVZ accounted for 4.5 mtpa which the majority of the output went to companies he is directly a shareholder with.
He would not be wanting to take off takes from Zijin and Comminiere .
Now DRC have support from CMOC plus CATL for value adding in the DRC .
I am looking forward to a T/O.

*Fyi, Re:- So where is his long term lithium coming from ?

I see where,

CATL seals $1.4 billion deal to develop Bolivia lithium

Chinese battery giant CATL confirmed a $1.4 billion investment to help develop Bolivia’s huge, but largely untapped reserves of lithium, cementing on Sunday a partnership with the government made in January.
blank.gif

The agreement connects CATL, the world’s largest manufacturer of electric vehicle batteries, with Bolivia’s salt flats that are home to the world’s largest lithium resources.

Following a meeting with CATL executives on Sunday, Bolivian President Luis Arce confirmed the commitment to build two lithium plants to extract minerals from the country’s Uyuni and Oruro salt flats.

“We met with Burton Roy (Yu Bo), CEO of the Investment Committee of CATL to confirm the investment of $1.4 billion,” the president said via Twitter, adding that as partners they would “evaluate the possibility” of increasing investments to 2028.

Construction of both plants could begin as soon as July, according to the country’s energy ministry, with overall investment climbing to around $9.9 billion during the project’s industrial process.

Sunday’s announcement follows a partnership deal signed on January 20 between Bolivia’s state-run lithium company, Yacimientos del Litio Bolivianos (YLB), and a Chinese consortium, in which CATL would invest over $1 billion in the project’s first stage in exchange for rights to develop the two lithium plants, which could each produce up to 25,000 metric tons of battery-grade lithium carbonate per year.

CATL does not currently produce any lithium, although it has invested in a number of Chinese projects.

mining.com

Food for thought Felix :rolleyes:

Frank :(

• Wow
Reactions: 11 users

ptlas

Regular

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230708_122007_TikTok.jpg
    Screenshot_20230708_122007_TikTok.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 117
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Frank

Top 20

Reactions: 7 users

Doc

Master of Quan
Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

BEISHA

Top 20
ICSID Website updated with the pending case details. (unsure if this has already been posted)
For the newbies and anyone else wondering where is a safe sovereign juristiction to invest, ISCID pending cases tells you all you want to know........:unsure:

I have been in the investing caper for over 30 yrs and still learning........:rolleyes:

Note to ones self, never invest in the following countries.

1) Peru
2) Mexico
3) Spain
4) Tanzania / Nigeria / DRC........ lets just round it off with AFRICA continent in general.
5) Argentina .......( hmmm I am a big investor of GLN ....:unsure: )
6) Venezuala
7) Egypt.

I could list alot more , but you get the gist.

Whats the common denominators of all these countries ?

Banana republic and generally fucked up.

imo

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users
Top Bottom