AVZ Discussion 2022

Winenut

Go AVZ!
After the onslaught we have put up with on the HC threads from absolute fuckwits who like to see people suffer.. (And don’t realise if AVZ aren’t mining Manono and the Chinese do it it will affect their cute little lithium deposits even worse).

Maybe just for fun we should have a few Friday night drinks and go hard those wankers in a booze fuelled cordinated attack just for laughs 😂
That sounds like a good plan:LOL:
OMG.....get the horses!!!!!!

The posse is saddling up! :eek:

:cool:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Should we muster the troops and empty our piggie banks to raise the 240M ourselves? 🤭😉

You know that's interesting

I actually thought if the CATH deal falls over why not cap raise calling on existing shareholders to raise funds and have the opportunity for further equity

Of course those who participate and get further equity might not be ...ummmm......exactly "who we might want" :rolleyes: but all sorts of strategies were going through my mind given the current situation

mmm....

Reactions: 6 users

Tunedin

One Happy Camper
Good to see everyone’s keeping it together, loving the posts today. Now I would share my age too if I could only remember. Stoped counting some time ago. Basically I’m an old koala who climbed one tree to many.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

BRICK

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Joe Biden visited DRC recently didnt he ?

A US participant would be the ULTIMATE FU to CHINA GOVT!!

Fyi, fwiw,

DRC investment climate has improved under Felix Tshisekedi’s administration, US report says​

From openness to foreign direct investment to the fight against corruption, including the return of the DRC to AGOA, the implementation of reforms to improve the judicial system, transparency in the management of public finances, the facilitation business through the Single Window for Business Creation, the raising of the country’s sovereign rating, are all assets taken into account by an American report on investments in the DRC and which make the administration of Félix Tshisekedi in his efforts to improve the business climate.

At a time when all the countries of the world are competing in initiatives to attract and retain private investment that will help sustain growth, create jobs and promote inclusive development, the Democratic Republic of Congo has also been working, since election of Félix Tshisekedi in January 2019, to create an environment conducive to doing business by adopting regulations that help entrepreneurs start businesses, hire and grow their businesses.

A process notably taken up as one of the pillars of the Action Program of the President of the Republic, as well as that of the Government, and whose objective is to promote the emergence of the private sector and to impose the country as a investment destination of choice in Africa.

This bet is particularly appreciated by the Americans who, in a report on investments in the DRC, note certain efforts in improving the business climate.

Since the election of Félix Tshisekedi, the Democratic Republic of Congo has not only emerged from political isolation but also the country has taken a big step in facilitating foreign investment on its soil.

As proof, the American giant Pepsi is in the process of establishing itself during this month of April 2022 in the pilot economic zone of Maluku, on the outskirts of Kinshasa.

The DRC becomes more attractive

After a careful analysis of the business climate indicators in the DRC, Americans note in the report the openness to foreign direct investment (FDI), particularly from the United States of America.

It is precisely in this perspective that the Head of State Félix Tshisekedi created a Unit dealing with the Business Climate within the Presidency of the Republic, the highest institution in the country to monitor the improvement of the economic environment and business climate, and interface with the business community.

This American report also justifies this improvement in the business climate by raising the sovereign credit rating of the DRC with the rating agencies.

In July 2020, the Standard & Poor’s rating agency downgraded the DRC’s outlook from “positive” to “stable” due to the likely impacts of the pandemic.

Early on, the DRC showed resilience in 2020, as the global recession did not devastate its commodity-dependent economy as deeply as many economists had expected.

Thus, while the World Bank predicted a recession in the Congolese economy with a negative growth of our GDP of 3.5% (for the first time since 2001), the Congolese economy thwarted this prognosis by posting a growth of its GDP around 0.8% in 2020 due to the “dynamism of extractive activity”.

In view of these improvements, Standards & Poor’s Global Ratings raised the sovereign credit rating of the DRC from “CCC+/C” to “B-/B” in January 2022, thus allowing the DRC to join the club of African countries rated ” B-” by the Agency, including Nigeria and Cameroon.

Fight against corruption

The other positive point of the attractiveness of investments in the DRC is the fight against corruption and money laundering in which Kinshasa is committed.

Moreover, Kinshasa and Washington are linked by a partnership relating to the promotion of democracy, human rights and the fight against corruption. (y)

This report fully appreciates the efforts of current leaders to prosecute managers of institutions implicated in corruption and others.

*Better, Félix Tshisekedi has created an entire anti-corruption agency to improve the DRC’s reputation for corruption, thus improving the DRC’s sore on the corruption perception index in 2021: 169th out of 180. :rolleyes:

In view of these advances, the United States is very involved in supporting efforts for change in the DRC. :)

They continue to engage in discussions on the importance of the fight against corruption, the fight against money laundering, and also on how to promote competition and attract American investors. (y)

It should be noted that ANAPI (Agency for the Promotion of Investments), in its roadmap, has four strategic orientations, namely: (i) simplification, dematerialization and strengthening of the transparency of administrative procedures; (ii) simplification of taxation and promotion of access to credit; (iii) modernization of commercial justice and improvement of the resolution of commercial disputes; and (iv) improvement of consultation, communication and reform monitoring.

These reforms are all part of a systemic and sustainable perspective; that of the elimination of all obstacles to good business practice for any economic operator, synonymous with economic profitability for the private sector, improvement in the level of employment, increased tax revenue and increased income .

These are all essential elements to increase the attractiveness and improve the competitiveness of the Congolese economy.

According to the IMF: the advancement of structural reforms remains essential to promote inclusive growth and social inclusion

During the Troika meeting chaired Tuesday, May 10 by the Minister of Finance, Nicolas Kazadi in the presence of a IMF delegation, the two parties exchanged on the reforms at the Central Bank of Congo (BCC) to improve backups; Strengthen the framework of monetary policy by increasing international reserves and improving banking supervision, while supporting financial inclusion.

According to the IMF, the progress of structural reforms remains essential to promote inclusive growth and social inclusion.

To support economic activity, it will be necessary to meet the important infrastructure needs, with strict hierarchy and a timely implementation of investment projects conducive to growth.

In addition, the simplification of the tax system and the improvement of the business climate and governance remain essential to support economic diversification, mobilize investments and promote growth driven by the private sector, especially since the global energy transition offers opportunities , especially in the mobilization of climate funding.

www.mediacongo.net

View attachment 6232

View attachment 6234

View attachment 6231

View attachment 6233

Jin Cheng has no legal claim to the 15%

AVZ DO!!!!

And if Cominiere has had its palms greased and sold it illegally, then they are screwed too.

Arbitration Seems to have been instigated by Jin Cheng, so they may feel they have a case....but I don't think their shifty ways will fly in Paris.

I don't think the French are too sympathetic to the Chinese at the moment!!!

GT3loui

View attachment 6229

Ditto, I concur GT3 (y)

Food for thought on the Road to Paris :oops:

Frank :unsure:
Thats absolutely LITHIUM GOLD my friend, thats where i read it, of course it was you, where else ?

Appreciate the confirmation.

• Love
  • Haha

BRICK

Regular
  • Haha

Flexi

Regular
I still don't get it.

If the 4.5 mt pa mine construction costs $545 approx as per DFS and as per media reports African banks are providing this ...Why than do we need CATH?
There must be more to it than what we currently know.

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
I still don't get it.

If the 4.5 mt pa mine construction costs $545 approx as per DFS and as per media reports African banks are providing this ...Why than do we need CATH?
Going straight to 10mt pa aren't they?

• Thinking

BEISHA

Top 20
I'm 67, but I feel like a 27 year old........is there one available?
Your avatar makes you look like a drugged up 20 something......;)

drugged up.gif

The old adage, dont judge a book by its cover......😻

67 , wow, and one of the sharpest tools we have in the shed too.

And one of the oldest

zimmer frame.gif

Love your work ole timer

lol

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
I still don't get it.

I did ponder this and think it was more of a general statement of investment towards the 545 manono lithium and tin mine.

But who knows really 🤔 we don't even know how the 10mpta studies are going? I'd assume we'd need a dfs 2.0 before we even look at 10mpta? Environmental studies, power, plant etc etc?

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

Flexi

Regular
X
They haven't officially announced anything to that effect as yet.

• Thinking

Samus

Top 20
If Felix does not step in pre tribunal , he's proven DRC is not that safe at all. Cominiere selling 15% of state interest illegally and dirt cheap behind his back and he has not said a word as yet, and then he's going to make AVZ go and fight it in arbitration when it's not even ours, wtf, gtfo Felix you've just proven you have no authority at all to reign in fraud if it comes from certain departments
Yes herein lies the true problem imo and one of the main reasons I'd not likely feel comfortable moving forward if zijin gets their way.
May not have a choice however, in reality probably need to hang in long enough for the share price to be scraped from the dirt..

Reactions: 2 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
@Flexi but they have said studies are being done, so I'm assuming they'll be preparing funding to match the higher cost
@BEISHA everything you say is correct, except for the dog. The avatar is actually the late Syd Barrett before he fried his brain (or during perhaps)

In Felix we trust (for now) I'm thinking the suspension until 20th is to give Felix time to crack the whip

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
I think we all need to remember their safety valve on all this is to pull out of the CATH deal. We would find another JV partner in an instant, probably at a more favourable entry price, and Z can go fuck themselves with a minority 15%, one board seat of 6, and no say what-so-ever in how we operate

But I don't think thats where its heading, just the fallback emergency lever to be pulled if required

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
@Flexi but they have said studies are being done, so I'm assuming they'll be preparing funding to match the higher cost
@BEISHA everything you say is correct, except for the dog. The avatar is actually the late Syd Barrett before he fried his brain (or during perhaps)

In Felix we trust (for now) I'm thinking the suspension until 20th is to give Felix time to crack the whip
Yes. Absolutely my more (cough, cough) elderly friend :)

The 20th is a pretty decent amount of time for someone (FT, the DRC Govt, AVZ, the Paris court, CATH?...all of the above!!! ) to sort some of this sht out

You might have a few years on me but my musical taste definitely digs back far enough into the late 60's and 70's to know where you're coming from

I'm happy for shorters to get squeezed but I ain't squeezin' their lemon till the juice runs down their leg! :oops::ROFLMAO:

We await more news........patiently.................as always

Cheers

• Haha
  • Love

Samus

Top 20
I think we'll be right either way SP wise once the dust settles and some numbers start getting thrown around. I think no matter what happens we'll see $2....will that be this year time will tell depending on many variables atm.

So much we don't know atm, and so much news we are waiting for that's meant to be a stones throw away BFS, FID, drilling results, early works update. One great thing about suspension is we could potentailly be coming out with all the awaited news at the same time....and oh boy will it be one hell of a short squeeze. Surely the shorts are more worried than the longs right now....I'd be shitt'n bricks if I was short right now, but as a long I'm more so meh worst case shouldnt actually be too bad,, shorts worst case is omg tribunal ruled in AVZ favour, BFS is gorgeous, updated DFS is off the charts, FID's there too, they've got more delicious drilling results, early works complete, CATH's given the $240m and they've started the mine.....there goes my house, or fund :ROFLMAO:
Yes let's see what happens, hard not to be ropeable about the conduct that has occurred right now. 2 bucks sounds good, I'll be happy enough to invest it elsewhere if these filth get their way.

Regarding suspension, I take it we are not still able to get the usual asx updates until it's lifted then? I asked the question earlier as I have not experienced this situation before. Did start reading the asx documents but it was putting me to sleep trying to find the info.

• Thinking
  • Haha

Winenut

Go AVZ!
I think we all need to remember their safety valve on all this is to pull out of the CATH deal. We would find another JV partner in an instant, probably at a more favourable entry price, and Z can go fuck themselves with a minority 15%, one board seat of 6, and no say what-so-ever in how we operate

But I don't think thats where its heading, just the fallback emergency lever to be pulled if required
100%

This is not at all how I read it, Zinjin is disputing ownership, not rights.

Rights is a licence, and they mention specifically "mining" rights, which is something they've never had before.
They would have to get a mining licence to have that right.
So if we are thinking the suspension is to do with the Mining License rights, (not arbitration) why such a delay until 20th? I guess they can still release sooner?

Thinking about it, it seems odd, as we didn't go into an extended halt after we received the first announcement about ML?

If it was the same scenario, you'd think we would have stayed in halt until we had full ML and fees paid?

Maybe due to the zijin saga they figured a suspension is a better course of action under the alias of the Mining rights TH?

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

Samus

Top 20

I'm wondering does this depend on conditions set out within the mining licence?
Could we not be effectively forced into accepting CATH as a partner due to financing requirements as seems to have been implied over the months?

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 4 users
I'm wondering does this depend on conditions set out within the mining licence?
Could we not be effectively forced into accepting CATH as a partner due to financing requirements as seem to have been implied over the months?
Could well explain the lead time date being 20th.

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom