AVZ Discussion 2022

JNRB

Regular
Just to point out to everyone worrying that this means nothing is going to happen for another year or whatever;

There is nothing in this current course of action that precludes the DRC from still issuing the mining license.

We might get the mining license and still go through the process to 'seek various remedies'. Our interests have already been damaged. We've lost a lot of confidence in the system. Even once license is awarded, Dathcom may still need other remedies to compensate for how f'd up the DRC departments have been. Not necessarily financial compensation, but could be other commitments and agreements to support our operations going forward and allow us to operate without constant threat of further shenanigans.

So process may well still play out over the next 1-2 years, but IMO I don't think we'll be waiting that long for a resolution on the mining license. I think this is the kick up the backside that was needed to get things unstuck.

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

timb89

Regular
If Jens turns out to be right at least once dear god make it now. Ffs

What is your take on what he is saying? I can't make sense of what the implication is.

Reactions: 1 users
I doubt any company would offer AVZ a TO without a guarantee the govt would issue a ML to go with it, which should value AVZ around $15 billion or about $5 a share. Future value would be higher than that ($12) but it’s all irrelevant until AVZ wins all arbitration cases.
Yes agreed. But the guarantee will be to the buyer not AVZ so we will be valued as is. The gringos will not allow China to have ownership or all of the supply of the only scalable high quality lithium deposit in the region and agree to make batteries in the DRC and Zambia imo

Obviously I could be wrong and this is all a guess but I just can't shake the feeling that Zijin being removed from Dathcom while they and Cominiere claim damages for such a specific amount from AVZ is not a coincidence. There was a quote by that Boatman dweeb in the AFR's hit piece on Nigel in February that has a nugget of truth in it.

“They thought it was a goer; they got the mining decree and it was all going well,” he said. “Clearly, more powerful forces – and I assume those were Chinese, of what faction I don’t know – had gone presumably to the president, who says: ‘No AVZ doesn’t get the licence.’ I suspect what the DRC government is doing is playing everyone off against each other and see who offers the best deal.”

No one is offering a better deal than the gringos imo

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

Dave Evans

Regular
Yes agreed. But the guarantee will be to the buyer not AVZ so we will be valued as is. The gringos will not allow China to have ownership or all of the supply of the only scalable high quality lithium deposit in the region and agree to make batteries in the DRC and Zambia imo

Obviously I could be wrong and this is all a guess but I just can't shake the feeling that Zijin being removed from Dathcom while they and Cominiere claim damages for such a specific amount from AVZ being a coincidence. There was a quote by that Boatman dweeb in the AFR's hit piece on Nigel in February that has a nugget of truth in it.

“They thought it was a goer; they got the mining decree and it was all going well,” he said. “Clearly, more powerful forces – and I assume those were Chinese, of what faction I don’t know – had gone presumably to the president, who says: ‘No AVZ doesn’t get the licence.’ I suspect what the DRC government is doing is playing everyone off against each other and see who offers the best deal.”

No one is offering a better deal than the gringos imo

Carlos I think we would be valued as having the ML under those circumstances, and the true value of whoever owns 75% to 90% of Dathcom (including the planned BFS, increased production RD plus CDL and PLS or hydroxide plant) could well be above $30billion. If Zijin and Cominiere want to claim for lost future earnings, then what we should claim (or be worth) relative to future earnings should be close to this amount

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Carlos I think we would be valued as having the ML under those circumstances, and the true value of whoever owns 75% to 90% of Dathcom (including the planned BFS, increased production RD plus CDL and PLS or hydroxide plant) could well be above $30billion. If Zijin and Cominiere want to claim for lost future earnings, then what we should claim (or be worth) relative to future earnings should be close to this amount
I think it's pretty clear now that AVZ won't be getting the licence. I really hope I'm wrong but nothing the DRC government has done in the last 12 months gives me any hope that we will be digging up spod anytime soon. An asset is only worth what someone else is willing to pay imo

• Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

Frank

Top 20
At about 4.30 they talk about discussions with the EU about strategic minerals and continue on with talking about batteries.

I would like to say to Felix the way he is progressing at this moment, he is pissing into the wind.

It might feel great but it is pretty messy.

The EU did without the DRC and if required will continue to do so.

*Fyi, Speaking of the EU / Strategic Minerals and Pissing into the Wind, Did you see where,

Business climate: Tshisekedi for the acceleration of the effectiveness of the emergency plan in the DRC

The acceleration of the implementation of the Emergency Plan for the business climate in the Democratic Republic of Congo was requested by President Tshisekedi, to carry out the necessary reforms by the end of the year, learned on Friday the 'ACP, from the Congolese government spokesman.

"This plan, the implementation of which should cover all public services with a direct or indirect impact on the business climate and should combine the political, technical and human dimensions so that the necessary reforms are carried out by the end of this year", said government spokesman Patrick Muyaya, reading the minutes of the 101st meeting of the council of ministers, on national television.

According to Minister Muyaya, President Tshisekedi insisted on the need to put in place a system for taking charge of and monitoring the various recommendations resulting from exchanges between stakeholders during public and private dialogue.

Before making it known that Félix Tshisekedi welcomed the presentation of the results of the first survey of the National Barometer on the Business Climate (BNCA), which took place under his leadership on June 6, 2023, calling on the public power to appropriate it.

“The report is today proving to be a valuable tool, better still a mirror that allows the public authorities to face up to the realities of the economic environment as experienced daily by economic operators, in contact with the public administration and its respective facilitators,” the government spokesman said.

He added that the President of the Republic has encouraged the government to work to improve the country's overall score, despite the fact that economic operators have expressed a positive assessment of their performance in the current economic situation.

DRC-EU: discussions for the conclusion of a strategic partnership

In addition, Minister Muyaya said that discussions are underway between the DRC and the European Union for the conclusion of a partnership on the value chain of strategic minerals.

“Following the visit of the President of the French Republic, Emmanuel Macron, from March 3 to 5, the Minister of Mines and European Commissioner in charge of the Internal Market began discussions for the conclusion of a partnership on the channel responsible value chain for strategic minerals,” the government spokesperson said.

He said that this meeting was sanctioned by the commitment of the two parties to launch negotiations and to set up a working group in order to continue the said discussions with the objective of concluding a strategic partnership between the European Union and the DRC.

However, continued Patrick Muyaya, at the end of these discussions, it turned out that the scope of the partnership sought required a cross-cutting approach requiring the involvement of all the sectoral ministries concerned, including the Governance Unit which is housed in the Council.

The Prime Minister was tasked with setting up a multi-sectoral and inclusive Congolese team that will make up the negotiating committee empowered to discuss with European Union officials to lead to the signing before September 2023, of a memorandum of understanding between the DRC and the EU.

The Minister of Communication and Media stressed that the September deadline, which is that of the holding in Kinshasa of the DRC-Africa Forum devoted to battery methods, is an opportunity for the DRC to highlight such an agreement.

He further underlined that President Tshisekedi insisted that the two parties agree on a roadmap around industrial projects for the valorization of critical minerals capable of accelerating the ecological transition in the DRC and in the EU.

mediacongo

Food for thought :unsure:

Cheers

Frank 🤞

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

Onthefm

Regular
Unfortunately, the Chinese have done everything possible for the past two years to steal this project, including bribery, forgery and coersion. They also have the processing capacity, the relationship with the DRC govt and the political will to make it happen for them.
The west on the other hand has been mostly silent, except for Antony Blinken, the US Sec of State who in August 2021, said that the US will invest in the DRC when corruption stops.
On balance it seems that the west has no interest in getting into this den of snakes.

snakes GIF

Cheers
F
Imo your dead right. there is no way the gringos ( love that saying) will ask there big lit companies to bye into this shit fight. So back to a china at best TO. As far as I'm concerned they ( the drc elite) deserve exactly what they get from china. Fuck them let them lay in the putrid bed they made for themselves. Until the Congolese people stand up they will be screwed by the elite using china money. Until the people wake up to this there is no helping them IMO. It's an absolute fucking disgrace. But obviously tolerated by the west as usual late to the shitfight.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Onthefm

Regular
I think it's pretty clear now that AVZ won't be getting the licence. I really hope I'm wrong but nothing the DRC government has done in the last 12 months gives me any hope that we will be digging up spod anytime soon. An asset is only worth what someone else is willing to pay imo
Last 2 years that would be mate.

Reactions: 1 users
Last 2 years that would be mate.
The issuing of the licence decree in April 2022 gave me hope even if only for a few days haha

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Imo your dead right. there is no way the gringos ( love that saying) will ask there big lit companies to bye into this shit fight. So back to a china at best TO. As far as I'm concerned they ( the drc elite) deserve exactly what they get from china. Fuck them let them lay in the putrid bed they made for themselves. Until the Congolese people stand up they will be screwed by the elite using china money. Until the people wake up to this there is no helping them IMO. It's an absolute fucking disgrace. But obviously tolerated by the west as usual late to the shitfight.
I think what we are seeing now with this going through the gringos court system is an ultimatum to Felix. Does he want the MOU or does he want China who aren't promising to build batteries in country which is allegedly his vision.

With Zijin out of Dathcom the only other possible candidate for a takeover is CATH. But that doesn't really make sense as they support AVZ and the gringos will still walk imo

Reactions: 3 users

Dave Evans

Regular

As you say “Only worth what they are willing to pay”

The only thing the world values more than perhaps food and water is energy. The world is looking to renewables in the form of lithium batteries for energy. It’s like the fight for oil back in the day. Countries went to war over it, and as you say the gringos were surreptitiously involved, but the point is still that entities will do whatever it takes. If they can’t take through corruption and stealth they would pay whatever price they had to, be it money or something else. All in my opinion of course. I’m not even sure the DRC could give the project to anyone else under the current pending arbitration cases so how good would it be if we could now hold them hostage like they have done to us.

Wishful thinking? Who knows! Many here just speculate, few actually put in the effort to gather information, and share it, I am grateful to those who do

• Love
Reactions: 20 users

Dave Evans

Regular
Button Smash GIF by Jin

I’m also grateful to @Winenut and I hope he finds this useful

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Onthefm

Regular
I think what we are seeing now with this going through the gringos court system is an ultimatum to Felix. Does he want the MOU or does he want China who aren't promising to build batteries in country which is allegedly his vision.

With Zijin out of Dathcom the only other possible candidate for a takeover is CATH. But that doesn't really make sense as they support AVZ and the gringos will still walk imo
Agree and ofcause the gringos will walk as I've said cath is the king in hand in case the law prevales. But still run buy the almighty ccp. Our ant man doesn't say much anymore. Another company that was supposed to west friendly. GONE.

cruiser51

Top 20
*Fyi, Speaking of the EU and Strategic Minerals and Pissing into the Wind, Did you see where,

Business climate: Tshisekedi for the acceleration of the effectiveness of the emergency plan in the DRC

The acceleration of the implementation of the Emergency Plan for the business climate in the Democratic Republic of Congo was requested by President Tshisekedi, to carry out the necessary reforms by the end of the year, learned on Friday the 'ACP, from the Congolese government spokesman.

"This plan, the implementation of which should cover all public services with a direct or indirect impact on the business climate and should combine the political, technical and human dimensions so that the necessary reforms are carried out by the end of this year", said government spokesman Patrick Muyaya, reading the minutes of the 101st meeting of the council of ministers, on national television.

According to Minister Muyaya, President Tshisekedi insisted on the need to put in place a system for taking charge of and monitoring the various recommendations resulting from exchanges between stakeholders during public and private dialogue.

Before making it known that Félix Tshisekedi welcomed the presentation of the results of the first survey of the National Barometer on the Business Climate (BNCA), which took place under his leadership on June 6, 2023, calling on the public power to appropriate it.

“The report is today proving to be a valuable tool, better still a mirror that allows the public authorities to face up to the realities of the economic environment as experienced daily by economic operators, in contact with the public administration and its respective facilitators,” the government spokesman said.

He added that the President of the Republic has encouraged the government to work to improve the country's overall score, despite the fact that economic operators have expressed a positive assessment of their performance in the current economic situation.

DRC-EU: discussions for the conclusion of a strategic partnership

In addition, Minister Muyaya said that discussions are underway between the DRC and the European Union for the conclusion of a partnership on the value chain of strategic minerals.

“Following the visit of the President of the French Republic, Emmanuel Macron, from March 3 to 5, the Minister of Mines and European Commissioner in charge of the Internal Market began discussions for the conclusion of a partnership on the channel responsible value chain for strategic minerals,” the government spokesperson said.

He said that this meeting was sanctioned by the commitment of the two parties to launch negotiations and to set up a working group in order to continue the said discussions with the objective of concluding a strategic partnership between the European Union and the DRC.

However, continued Patrick Muyaya, at the end of these discussions, it turned out that the scope of the partnership sought required a cross-cutting approach requiring the involvement of all the sectoral ministries concerned, including the Governance Unit which is housed in the Council.

The Prime Minister was tasked with setting up a multi-sectoral and inclusive Congolese team that will make up the negotiating committee empowered to discuss with European Union officials to lead to the signing before September 2023, of a memorandum of understanding between the DRC and the EU.

The Minister of Communication and Media stressed that the September deadline, which is that of the holding in Kinshasa of the DRC-Africa Forum devoted to battery methods, is an opportunity for the DRC to highlight such an agreement.

He further underlined that President Tshisekedi insisted that the two parties agree on a roadmap around industrial projects for the valorization of critical minerals capable of accelerating the ecological transition in the DRC and in the EU.

mediacongo

Food for thought :unsure:

Cheers

Frank 🤞
Posted by VictoriaCoast on the crapper.

Screen Shot 2023-06-10 at 7.06.58 pm.png
Screen Shot 2023-06-10 at 7.07.41 pm.png

Felix T talks too much and achieves fuck all.
His record proves it.

Felix will have to understand this is the result of his inaction and continuing toleration of fraud by his colleagues.

This is just the beginning.

Felix should have a good hard look at who explores in the DRC.
I can give him a hint...

It is not the DRC, because any dollar in a DRC (state) company finishes up, unexplainably, in the back pockets of its illustrious leaders.
It is in the IGF report, presented to him!
And Felix does fukall about it.

It is not the fukkin Chinese, why should they take the exploration risk, if they can steal it with the help of DRC corrupt ministers and officials.

There will be more exploration companies who are going to show Felix the middle finger.
And it is caused by the inaction of the current DRC Government, under his leadership.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

Onthefm

Regular

The only thing the world values more than perhaps food and water is energy. The world is looking to renewables in the form of lithium batteries for energy. It’s like the fight for oil back in the day. Countries went to war over it, and as you say the gringos were surreptitiously involved, but the point is still that entities will do whatever it takes. If they can’t take through corruption and stealth they would pay whatever price they had to, be it money or something else. All in my opinion of course. I’m not even sure the DRC could give the project to anyone else under the current pending arbitration cases so how good would it be if we could now hold them hostage like they have done to us.

Wishful thinking? Who knows! Many here just speculate, few actually put in the effort to gather information, and share it, I am grateful to those who do
Great post

Frank

Top 20

View attachment 38150 View attachment 38149

His record proves it.

Felix will have to understand this is the result of his inaction and continuing toleration of fraud by his colleagues.

I can give him a hint...

It is not the DRC, because any dollar in a DRC (state) company finishes up, unexplainably, in the back pockets of its illustrious leaders.

It is not the fukkin Chinese, why should they take the exploration risk, if they can steal it with the help of DRC corrupt ministers and officials.

There will be more exploration companies who are going to show Felix the middle finger.
And it is caused by the inaction of the current DRC Government, under his leadership.

• Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Frank

Top 20

1686401589282.png

Reactions: 14 users

Frank

Top 20
1686401690638.png

1686401720869.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

View attachment 38150 View attachment 38149

His record proves it.

I can give him a hint...

Smart move by Eramet. What could possibly go wrong in Latin America.

Remind me. Where does the term Banana Republic come from again?

Bernays gonna Bernays imo

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Frank

Top 20

• Wow
Reactions: 13 users
Top Bottom