AVZ Discussion 2022

Yes, he did say that, mentioned 85% to 90%, i.e. pre-CATH, and then 10% to 15% to the DRC later on in the conversation. I think this may be part of the overall deal, and I had already posed the question: do they get free carried for the 15% if thats where this is going?

Pleased to see you all now hate Z as much as I do, lol

This project only needs one chinese partner, and it must be CATH(L)

I’ve been suspicious about this 15% from the get-go (the pre-confusion times). It was clear in my mind’s eye that this was open to malign influence from PRC, either directly or indirectly. So much so that I reached out to AVZ to try and get an understanding of this risk. AVZ stressed the strength of the relationship with CATH and their commitment (and also that the they would pay the 240m before the end of April…). They also said that the relationship with the DRC government was is very good shape (my words), and that they were not concerned about geo-political risks - a response which was probably in the context of the ML grant rather than the 15% now in dispute. With the current uncertainty I now wish I had gone harder at those geo-political questions.

So with all the above being a true-enough representation of the risks and relationship standing, I can only conclude that there has been a bunch of bad-faith / improper transactions beyond this group, with Z seemingly at the centre.

Let’s hope that our long and positive relationship with the DRC leads to a speedy clarification / resolution.

PS - wasn’t the Australian ambassador in the DRC recently meeting with senior officials (maybe even FT)? I wonder if they were there at the request of AVZ to remind them what a good honest strategic partner AVZ and Australia are? **

**Federal ICAC now please - you can’t negotiate on the basis of integrity with our own levels of political corruption spiralling.

TLDR - Fuck Z.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Dazmac66

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Uglybob

Regular
Fair call brother, I really havnt made my mind up what i am going to do , like you and everyone else, just filthy on HC for the garbage treatment laid out to excellent posters and want to do my bit for the KARMA revolution, but you are right, that wont be the route i go, it has to be a VPN or a fake email address, i am leaning towards the fake email address but i read that only lasts for 10 minutes, so not sure that would work, but what would i know, i aint no tech geek, very much old school, only learnt to cut and paste a few years ago, ............i am 54.

lol
The Opera web browser has a built in VPN - pick a location and turn it on. Not to say some clown hasn't already used it and gotten themselves banned from whatever IP addresses it uses.

Reactions: 1 users

Samus

Top 20
How about we put a conveyor belt at the front gate of the mine straight to the plant! Gold!
I hear there might be some vacant land coming up at tenements PE12453 & PE13427
🤭

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Fletch77

Regular
Just pissing about doing some digging an elphamale guides me to this, a new morsel of information for us to digest :

https://www.weare121.com/121mininginvestment-cape-town/avz-minerals/

What are your key goals for the next 3, 6 and 12 months?

3 Months:
Award of mining licence, major contracts and commence development of the Project
6 Months:
Finalise project financing
12 Months:
Maintain project on schedule for first production of SC6 in 2023 and identify AVZ’s next major project

12 months identify AVZ next major project.
Jesus Christ, we have an expansion to10mtpa to go through, additional PLS trains to add, A likely Battery plant JV, artisanal tin work. More drilling around the 'smaller' pegmatites around Roche Dure, do we then go to 20mtpa ?

Is the next major project drilling out the newly divided tenement that holds the majority of Carriere De L'este. Surely so and not some other project elsewhere ?

Sorry EDIT*

Forgot to put this in :

What do you see as the key risks and challenges facing your company at the moment and how are you overcoming these?​

Currently have a single project focus, we will look to lower this risk through future project diversify

So Develop Carriere as a new project or is he talking diversity in minerals even country too?
I‘m fairly certain he is talking about diversity with different minerals and different country also.

If all goes to plan they will be thinking about acquisitions for lithium and other minerals, and exploration in Australia and elsewhere IMO.

They should want to de-risk the company from just relying on lithium down the track.

He has stated this in at least one video interview, and it’s good to see they are looking at the big picture outside of Manono.

People who keep on repeating that the board will be happy with an average TO offer should take note of this. (not mentioning any names) 😉

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

Dazmac66

Regular
On another note - thanks F#@K we are in a trading halt! My graphite and rare earth stocks are getting smashed along with other lithium players. Doesn't make any sense.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

cruiser51

Top 20
I hear there might be some vacant land coming up at tenements PE12453 & PE13427
🤭
Could Zijin be trusted to build the conveyor belt, coz they might be excluded from mining operations in the DRC. :sneaky:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
I‘m fairly certain he is talking about diversity with different minerals and different country also.

If all goes to plan they will be thinking about acquisitions for lithium and other minerals, and exploration in Australia and elsewhere IMO.

They should want to de-risk the company from just relying on lithium down the track.

He has stated this in at least one video interview, and it’s good to see they are looking at the big picture outside of Manono.

People who keep on repeating that the board will be happy with an average TO offer should take note of this. (not mentioning any names) 😉
Once the Monster of Manono is up and running I'm fairly confident they will be able to afford to diverse into any project or industry they choose...

They are called AVZ Minerals, so far we have Lithium, Tantalum and Tin. Whats next? My portfolio needs more Graphite...

Costi

Once the Monster of Manono is up and running I'm fairly confident they will be able to afford to diverse into any project or industry they choose...

They are called AVZ Minerals, so far we have Lithium, Tantalum and Tin. Whats next? My portfolio needs more Graphite...
RNU/TLG for graphite mate

Reactions: 3 users

wombat74

Top 20

Lets not forget our world class Tin resource . I'd say that will be the first part of the diversification . As for a TO offer , everything is for sale at the right price . As NF said in the interview ,"there's no exit strategy at the moment . There's nothing on the table from anybody . So we are building a mine ." So I take that as, "if the right offer "was on the table then perhaps it would be considered . And just to keep the calm among the warriors here lets say a TO at $1000 a share .🤩🤩🤩

• Haha

CHB

Regular
Looks like zijin officially posted that they believe they have 15% ownership now on their website.

Interesting times

• Thinking
  • Wow

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
Lets not forget our world class Tin resource . I'd say that will be the first part of the diversification . As for a TO offer , everything is for sale at the right price . As NF said in the interview ,"there's no exit strategy at the moment . There's nothing on the table from anybody . So we are building a mine ." So I take that as, "if the right offer "was on the table then perhaps it would be considered . And just to keep the calm among the warriors here lets say a TO at $1000 a share .🤩🤩🤩
They can have my shares for $500 p/s but not a penny less... Oh and that's USD too

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Hemicuda

Regular
Thoughts on ZIJIN’s news release today?

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
"The transaction was obstructed by AVZ. It refused to convene board meetings or shareholders’ meetings and filed two lawsuits, forcing the transaction to go into legal proceedings. In November 2021, the Commercial Court of Lubumbashi rejected the requests of AVZ and chaired a shareholders’ meeting, which approved the transfer of the 15% interest owned by COMINIERE to Jincheng Mining, making Jincheng Mining a legitimate shareholder of Dathcom with a 15% equity interest. Relevant changes were also made in the Trade and Personal Property Credit Register (Registre de Commerce et du Crédit Mobilier, RCCM).

However, AVZ further objected to and obstructed the transaction through various means. In January 2022, the Commercial Court of Lubumbashi again rejected AVZ’s request for revoking relevant shareholder resolutions and changes made in the RCCM."

Sure sounds like something AVZ should have made the market aware of if its to be believed.

• Thinking

CHB

Regular
Looks like we are in for a shit fight.

Ball in DRC gov court... what will they do?

Will they kick Zijin to the curb?
Will we all be stuffed?
Will there be some middle ground?

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

Bray

Regular
well fuck.. :oops:

The Fox

Regular
Either Nigel has been bent over and will tell all about it by Wednesday or there's going to be a significant fight over all of this. If he's been bent over, Class Action by shareholders would be on the cards. Fingers crossed Felix and friends intervene if AVZ is in the right. Yet Z must be confident to go public like this, bastards.

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
Either Nigel has been bent over and will tell all about it by Wednesday or there's going to be a significant fight over all of this. If he's been bent over, Class Action by shareholders would be on the cards. Fingers crossed Felix and friends intervene if AVZ is in the right. Yet Z must be confident to go public like this, bastards.

But why only so openly public about it now is a strange thing to do when their own announcement says it was all done last year...

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

cruiser51

Top 20
It is Zijin's position, which we knew. Nothing new there.
Something must have urged them to make their shenanigans public.
Let's face it, they couldn't keep on hiding it.

• Thinking

wombat74

Top 20
Nigel in the recent interview : "We've had our lawyers look over all the details and we are 100% sure we have 75% of the project . So the minimum we go down to on the back of the CATH deal is 51% ."

Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom