WBT Discussion 2022

We finally going up

Reactions: 6 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Some nice self-promotion via a tweet today, reminding the world of just how superior to FLASH ReRAM is.

Unique properties of ReRAM

1652892775668.png

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

ceviche

Emerged
I've worked with computers continuously since 1964, and know my way around them pretty well.
Some time ago I was looking into possible replacements for Flash memory and happened to notice WBT. When I did some investigating, I was blown away by the names of the people on the WBT Board. They are legends of the computer industry, so I knew the company has every chance of success. I've been gradually accumulating a share of the company ever since.
At present I'm 65% in BRN and about 17% each in WBT and IMU.
For the first time ever, I feel as though I it's just a matter of time with all my companies and I just hope to live long enough to see all three do well. And I believe they can! Not financial advice - be sure to do the necessary research for yourself and invest based on your own circumstances.
This new forum is great, thanks to one dedicated person who has done an enormous amount of work to get us up and running. But we must remember that, even as we enjoy the relaxed atmosphere and discuss the activities of our companies and what their management teams are like, we cannot give out any form of financial advice.
Wish I had FF's ability to insert a funny anecdote to make the point - but I'm not that talented! Just stay out of trouble!
Jeff
me too, since '62, good to see we have similar investments, although mine are roughly 2:1:1 and a token in others..

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

jeff2151

me too, since '62, good to see we have similar investments, although mine are roughly 2:1:1 and a token in others..
That's kinda funny - since my original post I've rejigged my portfolio and I could honestly describe it as "roughly 2:1:1 and a token in others.." :) Not sure if this is a case of great minds think alike, or fools never differ! 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

ceviche

Emerged
Hi Jeff, I will go with the former.;)
Did you by any chance at one stage move up to near Newcastle, and mix in part-time farming?

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
I am astounded by the level of conviction some of you have with such concentrated portfolios.

Reading things like BRN : WBT : IMU at 2:1:1, plus a few stragglers, totally blows me away.

Those 3 companies have so much potential that if they all fire (and I expect they will) your returns will be legendary. Good on you for having the conviction And the balls to do,this. I do,truly hope this pays off for you.

BRN, WBT and IMU are way up the order on my portfolio also—based on value—positions 3, 10 and 1 respectively.

And on another point I feel privileged to walk in esteemed circles with people (@jeff2151 and @ceviche) who have 58 and 60 years experience in computing, respectively. Wow! You must be in your 80’s now, and still sharing your knowledge. I hope I will be able to do the same in a few decades.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

ceviche

Emerged
I am astounded by the level of conviction some of you have with such concentrated portfolios.

Reading things like BRN : WBT : IMU at 2:1:1, plus a few stragglers, totally blows me away.

Those 3 companies have so much potential that if they all fire (and I expect they will) your returns will be legendary. Good on you for having the conviction And the balls to do,this. I do,truly hope this pays off for you.

BRN, WBT and IMU are way up the order on my portfolio also—based on value—positions 3, 10 and 1 respectively.

And on another point I feel privileged to walk in esteemed circles with people (@jeff2151 and @ceviche) who have 58 and 60 years experience in computing, respectively. Wow! You must be in your 80’s now, and still sharing your knowledge. I hope I will be able to do the same in a few decades.
We are all in different circumstances with different risk reward views and different needs and cashflows.
One way of looking at a portfolio is what is the implicit return you are expecting given the current price. Can you get the same return with lower risk elsewhere? Over how many years?
Another is: What is the market risk of a meltdown. Right now there are a lot of negative factors from the rest of the world, QE overhang, oil and gas prices due to Ukraine/Russia, unsutainable low interest rates, supply chain issues. Some years ago I sold everything, so i missed a continued climb, but i didn't lose money, just potential. My timing wasn't right. In 1987 i got out and stayed out for years and that worked out ok.
I suggest you get a spreadsheet and use the IRR function; put in the negative price now and the target selling price some years out and do some thinking about the differences that show up.
I just did that again and PAR was showing up better for me with my criteria so maybe in a few months when their cash position clarifies i will have a rethink.
IMO. DYOR.

jeff2151

Hi Jeff, I will go with the former.;)
Did you by any chance at one stage move up to near Newcastle, and mix in part-time farming?

Hi cev,

I'm happy to take the great minds option! :giggle:

Nope - not me! Never lived/worked/farmed up there. Unless you owe me some money? 🤠

Sorry for not replying sooner. I'm flat out trying to keep up with all the BRN postings!

Jeff

Reactions: 1 users

jeff2151

jeff2151

Hi Sly,

The reason for my concentrated portfolio lies in another part of your post: my age. I don't necessarily have long to raise some more cash for my six children. My wife and I have enough super to live on, we own a comfortable house, and I'm not able to travel anymore. So my share portfolio has the sole aim of helping my children buy their own family home where they can raise their families. They are all gainfully employed, so my money is more of a stress reliever for them than a dire necessity.

We all have different circumstances. When I was medically retired at age 55, I had only a relatively small amount of cash. After a few years, I decided to see what the stock market was all about and after a lot of research, took the plunge and started investing with Commsec. (Much to my wife's dismay!) I was very prudent in my choices, and after a while had shares in about 20 large companies. For the next 10 years I bought and sold and learnt my way around the market. I survived the GFC and was averaging a compounding capital increase of 30% /annum.

At that time, I had helped three children into their own homes with a mortgage they could afford. And I had sufficient working capital to give similar amounts to the rest of them. It was only then that I began looking for smaller companies with high potential, and slowly I concentrated more and more on fewer and fewer likely suspects.

I don't intend to leave a fortune to my children. The money I make now is to give to those less fortunate than our extended family. So my strategy is to look for potential winners like BRN, IMU, WBT and hope that one or more of them will live up to its potential and bring relief to some of the less fortunate people on this planet.

Sorry this went on a bit longer than it should have but I've not learned the art of knowing when to stop! Just ask my wife! (I can say that because she never reads what I say on here!)

Jeff 😉

• Love

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Hi Sly,

The reason for my concentrated portfolio lies in another part of your post: my age. I don't necessarily have long to raise some more cash for my six children. My wife and I have enough super to live on, we own a comfortable house, and I'm not able to travel anymore. So my share portfolio has the sole aim of helping my children buy their own family home where they can raise their families. They are all gainfully employed, so my money is more of a stress reliever for them than a dire necessity.

We all have different circumstances. When I was medically retired at age 55, I had only a relatively small amount of cash. After a few years, I decided to see what the stock market was all about and after a lot of research, took the plunge and started investing with Commsec. (Much to my wife's dismay!) I was very prudent in my choices, and after a while had shares in about 20 large companies. For the next 10 years I bought and sold and learnt my way around the market. I survived the GFC and was averaging a compounding capital increase of 30% /annum.

At that time, I had helped three children into their own homes with a mortgage they could afford. And I had sufficient working capital to give similar amounts to the rest of them. It was only then that I began looking for smaller companies with high potential, and slowly I concentrated more and more on fewer and fewer likely suspects.

I don't intend to leave a fortune to my children. The money I make now is to give to those less fortunate than our extended family. So my strategy is to look for potential winners like BRN, IMU, WBT and hope that one or more of them will live up to its potential and bring relief to some of the less fortunate people on this planet.

Sorry this went on a bit longer than it should have but I've not learned the art of knowing when to stop! Just ask my wife! (I can say that because she never reads what I say on here!)

Jeff 😉
What a brilliant story @jeff2151. Kudos to you mate for having such a selfless attitude, and congratulations for such a fantastic long-term return. An average of 30% compounded annually is much more than many "professionals" achieve.

I do hope (and l also believe) that BRN, IMU and WBT will help you achieve your goals. Only one of them needs to go berzerk, but I think, in the fullness of time (say the next 5 years) ALL of them will. I have a decent proportion of my own (very diverse) portfolio vested in them also.

Now if only BRN and WBT could form some sort of partnership, and bring Strategic Elements (ASX:SOR) onboard for their printable, self-charging battery, we'd see completely self contained systems that could run indefinitely. So many uses!

I have seeded the idea in many places, even directly to Sean Hehir (BRN CEO).

• Love

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Some VERY interesting comments in an interview today (7th of June, 2022) between Ross Miller, VP strategic marketing & business unit at SkyWater, and Eran Briman, Weebit Nano’s VP of marketing and business development.

ReRAM NVM – Coming Soon for your Embedded Design

Here are some appetite whetting excerpts:

Ross: Aerospace and defense applications are among the most demanding, requiring extremely high levels of precision and accuracy. ICs for aerospace and defense also have unique requirements for robustness and reliability in harsh environmental conditions. Since these products must often last for years – mostly without maintenance – longevity is another key trait.

Eran: Weebit ReRAM provides excellent endurance and retention even at high temperatures, retaining data for up to 20 years at 175 degrees Celsius. It can also withstand 350x more ionizing radiation than flash. If you’re designing a product today with flash, it’s going to require extra design for redundancy or shielding, and this isn’t needed with ReRAM. Our technology also has advantages over other emerging NVMs like MRAM such as cost, access time and immunity to electromagnetic fields.

Ross: ReRAM fits with SkyWater’s vision for the future as we look toward technologies that will enable differentiation and advanced performance the market demands.

Because ReRAM is a back-end-of-line, or BEOL technology, it can be integrated at various points in the fabrication process.

1654693710261.png

• Love

cosors

👀
Does anyone know how to read Hebrew here? 🤔

Published this year - 2022.

View attachment 1399

Hi! I would like to sincerely apologize to you all. I completely forgot to stop by here again. Besides my work TLG and BRN takes a lot of time. Somehow I also have a primal trust in WBT and feel that I don't need to worry about. It's a pity that I don't learn anything about the technology in this way. I need to change that as soon as my time allows.
I'm a classical/mechanical engineer and was mainly in factories especially for the automotive sector or the massive forming. So IT as well as BRN and WBT are new fields of interest for me and I have to learn the ropes.
Anyway, I wanted to apologize and explain why I left my site unfinished. I have not checked the text and google is a bad translator but unfortunately my favorite tool DeepL does not know Hebrew. Here we go - and please excuse me again.

"The Israeli memory is on its way to conquering the world market

With a revolutionary product in the field of non-volatile memories and only in the early stages of commercialization, the Israeli Weebit Nano is already worth about NIS 1.2 billion. It turns out that investors believe in the potential of the company from Hod Hasharon, which operates in a market where demand is only rising. Kobi Hanoch, CEO, explains the benefits inherent in the ReRAM technology developed by the company and talks about entering new and exciting markets

Ronit Morgenstern, in collaboration with Weebit Nano In June 2020, the share price of the Israeli company Weebit Nano, which is traded on the ASX exchange in Australia, was 28 Australian cents. Today the share price is about 3.50 Australian dollars - an increase of more than 1,000%! In other words, within a year and a half the company has dropped its value more than ten times and Nessie engraved today at a value of about half a billion Australian dollars, which is about 370 million US dollars. All this, when only last September it made its first commercial transaction. According to Kobi Hanoch, CEO of WWeebit for the past four years, investor confidence in the company, which has only recently begun commercial activity, stems from two factors: The first is the lively technology ReRAM (Resistive RAM), which the company has developed in the field of non-volatile memories. Even when they subscribe

"So far we have been involved in technological development," explains Kobi Hanoch, CEO, "andfrom now on we will focus on commercialization. Last September, we signed a first deal with the American chip maker SkyWater Technology, so that our technology will be integrated into the chips it manufactures for its customers. These are primarily for IoT products, automobiles, the aerospace industry and artificial intelligence applications. "

Install an electrical adapter such as a USB card or hard drive. The second is the scope of the market in the field of credit The non-volatile runes that today reach about 60 mi Billion dollars. The market expectation is that in 2025 it is Will cross the $ 100 billion mark. Enoch clarifies that storage requirements are growing exponentially for applications such as the Internet of Things (IoT), smartphones, robotics, autonomous vehicles, 5G communications and artificial intelligence (AI). "Every vehicle sold today has about 1,000 electronic components and many of these chips have non-volatile memory components," he illustrates the need for technology in an example of everyday life, adding: Even everyday uses of WhatsApp, Instagram, Tiktok - it all requires memory. Every semiconductor (semiconductor chip) needs a quantity of non-volatile memory - it is everywhere. "We're been in a global crisis in the chip industry for a long time and it affects almost every area of our lives. Volatile memory technologies play critical roles in data processing and information storage in almost every Katroni product, and demand continues to grow as we become more and more connected."

Amuk also from the regulated Webbit Nano was established in 2015 in Hod Hasharon on the basis of patents with a licensed license from Rice University of Houston Texas. It was also co-founded by Dedi Perlmutter, a former vice president of Intel, who helped recruit its initial development team and, thanks to its global name in the chip industry and its connections, helped the company develop rapidly. Today, Perlmutter serves as the company's chairman. In favor of developing its technology, it has collaborated with CEA-Leti, the French research institute, where it has carried out its R&D.

In June 2020 the company made a successful raising through the issuance of shares and options of about 9 million Australian dollars (about 7 million US dollars) on the Australian ASX stock exchange, which was the opening shot for a series of consecutive rises in the stock. Speaking of the company's silk trust in the company, last November it also won the trust of Israeli institutional investors, when it raised about $ 25 million by issuing shares at a price of Australian $ 2.84 per share. Meitav Dash led the raising and two Israeli investment funds also participated. Unlike many companies that issue and formulate Ruth on NASDAQ, you decided to issue specifically in Australia. Why? "When the company was established, the risk capital market focused more on cyber and artificial intelligence. The semiconductor industry was not popular. In Australia, on the other hand, there was and still is a very large old world industry, and they were looking to bring high-tech companies to their stock exchange. The Australians sent a delegation to Israel who were looking for companies like us who wanted to raise funds and offered favorable terms, so we issued there. At the end of the day we are happy and they are happy. I do not rule out the possibility that we will issue in the future on NASDAQ as well, Or in Israel. "

Cost-effective 1,000 times more than flash memory Kobi Hanoch has been active in the semiconductor world for over 40 years. He began his career in the chip industry at National Semiconductors (from which Tower Jazz emerged). He later became one of the founders of Verisity and served as vice president and director of international operations. The company was sold to Cadence Design Systems in 2005 for about $ 315 million. Rath Cadence for $ 170 Million For years, Hanoch served as a consultant to start-ups in setting up their external sales network through a network of sales people he established throughout the world. What is special about ReRAM compared to other non-volatile memories? The technology that exists today in the field of non-volatile memories is mainly 'flash' technology that has been with us since the days of Mother System Tax and Sun Disk. This technology has reached technological limitations and the world is looking for a new, more advanced technology. Webbit has developed ReRAM technology, which is more powerful and faster than Flash and requires less energy. We estimate that our product is 1,000 times more cost-effective and 100 times faster than flash memory. "What's more important is the fact that our technology is simple to manufacture and therefore economical and commercially more cost-effective.

wbt11.png

From right to left Kobi Hanoch, Amir Regev David (Dedi) Perlmutter, Dr. Yoav Nissan-Cohen | Photo: Courtesy of Weebit Nano

Ink of our ReRAM technology is that its production is based on two standard materials found in every fab of semiconductors. Setting up a large pub involves billions of dollars in costs, so the simple and inexpensive production is a great deal. Flash memory, non-volatile memory, cannot drop to geometries below 40 nm. Webbit's ReRAM is not only smaller in geometry, it offers technical and commercial advantages over alternative technologies. We use standard materials in the field of chip manufacturing, so we can go to any chip manufacturing plant in the world and with minimal death cells start production. Competitors use non-standard materials and have many manufacturing challenges. In addition, our product is cheap to manufacture and low power consumption, so the battery life On the smartphone, or any IoT device, will be extended. "The company's goal is to operate in the format of an intellectual property (IPO) company. , One-time engineering support (NRE) and royalties from the sale of end devices. In the future, the company also plans to provide a fully dedicated technology-based memory chip The ReRAM it developed. A few months ago, the company reported further significant progress in commercializing the Ron ReRAM credits it is developing. The company first demonstrated production capability in geometry 28 Nm.

The company's previous prototypes were 40 and 130 nanometer geometries. The company has also started manufacturing its chip in the mouths of 300mm silicone wafers, which increase the profitability potential of the components. The chip industry anchor sits on the board The transition to Weebit Nano's technology commercialization is being accompanied by three grants from the local and global chip industry. The first is, as stated, Dedi Perlmutter, who has accompanied her since its inception. The other is Dr. Yoav Nissan Cohen, who was one of the founders of Tower-Jazz and its CEO. Nissan Cohen currently serves as an active director of the company. Weebit Nano's board of directors also includes Attic Raza, one of the top silicon Valley semiconductor industry manufacturers who served as president and chief operating officer of AMD from 1999-1996, making it Intel's main competitor at the time.

"Weebit has world-class leadership, with a management team and a board of directors made up of veterans of the semiconductor industry," said Gish Hanoch. "Daddy Perlmutter, the chairman, is very involved in the company and opens a lot of doors for it. Yoav Nissan Cohen, who founded Tower Semiconductor, knows this world well from the inside. He did his Doctor Rat under Prof. Dov Froman, who was the CEO of Intel Israel and invented the first NVM memory. Nissan Cohen is also a part-time company employee. It is a relatively young company, but the leading team is veteran and experienced. "Each of the management staff has 30 years of experience, according to Huth. The company currently has 25 employees, along with about 25 external contractors."

Technological development completed
Moving to sales the focus of Weebit Nano is now commercial and it negotiates with a number of companies and customers - from China, where many companies are interested in Betty's technology of Weebit, to the USA - in order to assimilate its memory in their products. "Until now we've been in technological development," explains Kobi Hanoch, "and from now on we're focusing on commercialization. Last September we signed a first deal with the American chip maker SkyWater Technology, so that our technology will be integrated into the chips it manufactures for its customers. Space industry and alignment who artificial intelligence. I would like to mention that Skywater is an official supplier of the Emmy Rikai Ministry of Defense. "

According to Hanoch, "Weebits Cell Phase Technology for Skywater reduces chip production costs, extends memory life and long-term durability even at high temperatures. Vibe-based technology chips are expected to be ready for mass production in a 130-nanometer production process, at Skywater's Pub. Starting in 2023. We talk to additional pubs and potential customers who will assimilate our technology In their chips. I am convinced that more deals will be closed during the coming year. "

Present, near future and distant future
At this point, Weebit Nano is in the field of embedded Memory. Hanoch explains that this is a memory that does not stand on its own, but is integrated in a chip that supports the logical core to perform the intended functions. This is the essence of the deal with Skywater, which has a chip factory and it will be able to offer its customers the memory of our memory chips in their chips. In the future, we will enter the discrete market - chips that are all memory, which are widely used in every electronic product, including in the cloud. This is, of course, a large and very exciting market, "notes Hanoch. Another area in which the company intends to integrate in the more distant future is the field of neuromorphic computing, a developing and prominent field in artificial intelligence: "One of the things we discovered in ReRAM technology is that it works in a similar way to the brain synapse, More efficient than the methods used today. Weebit Nano is currently collaborating in international research in this field with its chips. It is a wide and fascinating world in itself that we will also be in in the more distant future, "concludes Hanoch, in collaboration with Webbit Nano."
https://www.haaretz.co.il/st/inter/Global/magazine/Haaretz/2022/01 jenuary/Industry and science/index.html#p=38

Last edited:
  • Fire

cosors

👀
Hi Sly,

Jeff 😉
I'm impressed! I still have a long way to go. But with tse it will definitely go faster. Just navigate through the uncertain time and 2023 will certainly be difficult, but with the right stock it should work. Maybe I should also take a look at IMU.

Reactions: 1 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Hi! I would like to sincerely apologize to you all. I completely forgot to stop by here again. Besides my work TLG and BRN takes a lot of time. Somehow I also have a primal trust in WBT and feel that I don't need to worry about. It's a pity that I don't learn anything about the technology in this way. I need to change that as soon as my time allows.
I'm a classical/mechanical engineer and was mainly in factories especially for the automotive sector or the massive forming. So IT as well as BRN and WBT are new fields of interest for me and I have to learn the ropes.
Anyway, I wanted to apologize and explain why I left my site unfinished. I have not checked the text and google is a bad translator but unfortunately my favorite tool DeepL does not know Hebrew. Here we go - and please excuse me again.

"The Israeli memory is on its way to conquering the world market

With a revolutionary product in the field of non-volatile memories and only in the early stages of commercialization, the Israeli Weebit Nano is already worth about NIS 1.2 billion. It turns out that investors believe in the potential of the company from Hod Hasharon, which operates in a market where demand is only rising. Kobi Hanoch, CEO, explains the benefits inherent in the ReRAM technology developed by the company and talks about entering new and exciting markets

Ronit Morgenstern, in collaboration with Weebit Nano In June 2020, the share price of the Israeli company Weebit Nano, which is traded on the ASX exchange in Australia, was 28 Australian cents. Today the share price is about 3.50 Australian dollars - an increase of more than 1,000%! In other words, within a year and a half the company has dropped its value more than ten times and Nessie engraved today at a value of about half a billion Australian dollars, which is about 370 million US dollars. All this, when only last September it made its first commercial transaction. According to Kobi Hanoch, CEO of WWeebit for the past four years, investor confidence in the company, which has only recently begun commercial activity, stems from two factors: The first is the lively technology ReRAM (Resistive RAM), which the company has developed in the field of non-volatile memories. Even when they subscribe

"So far we have been involved in technological development," explains Kobi Hanoch, CEO, "andfrom now on we will focus on commercialization. Last September, we signed a first deal with the American chip maker SkyWater Technology, so that our technology will be integrated into the chips it manufactures for its customers. These are primarily for IoT products, automobiles, the aerospace industry and artificial intelligence applications. "

Install an electrical adapter such as a USB card or hard drive. The second is the scope of the market in the field of credit The non-volatile runes that today reach about 60 mi Billion dollars. The market expectation is that in 2025 it is Will cross the $ 100 billion mark. Enoch clarifies that storage requirements are growing exponentially for applications such as the Internet of Things (IoT), smartphones, robotics, autonomous vehicles, 5G communications and artificial intelligence (AI). "Every vehicle sold today has about 1,000 electronic components and many of these chips have non-volatile memory components," he illustrates the need for technology in an example of everyday life, adding: Even everyday uses of WhatsApp, Instagram, Tiktok - it all requires memory. Every semiconductor (semiconductor chip) needs a quantity of non-volatile memory - it is everywhere. "We're been in a global crisis in the chip industry for a long time and it affects almost every area of our lives. Volatile memory technologies play critical roles in data processing and information storage in almost every Katroni product, and demand continues to grow as we become more and more connected."

Amuk also from the regulated Webbit Nano was established in 2015 in Hod Hasharon on the basis of patents with a licensed license from Rice University of Houston Texas. It was also co-founded by Dedi Perlmutter, a former vice president of Intel, who helped recruit its initial development team and, thanks to its global name in the chip industry and its connections, helped the company develop rapidly. Today, Perlmutter serves as the company's chairman. In favor of developing its technology, it has collaborated with CEA-Leti, the French research institute, where it has carried out its R&D.

In June 2020 the company made a successful raising through the issuance of shares and options of about 9 million Australian dollars (about 7 million US dollars) on the Australian ASX stock exchange, which was the opening shot for a series of consecutive rises in the stock. Speaking of the company's silk trust in the company, last November it also won the trust of Israeli institutional investors, when it raised about $ 25 million by issuing shares at a price of Australian $ 2.84 per share. Meitav Dash led the raising and two Israeli investment funds also participated. Unlike many companies that issue and formulate Ruth on NASDAQ, you decided to issue specifically in Australia. Why? "When the company was established, the risk capital market focused more on cyber and artificial intelligence. The semiconductor industry was not popular. In Australia, on the other hand, there was and still is a very large old world industry, and they were looking to bring high-tech companies to their stock exchange. The Australians sent a delegation to Israel who were looking for companies like us who wanted to raise funds and offered favorable terms, so we issued there. At the end of the day we are happy and they are happy. I do not rule out the possibility that we will issue in the future on NASDAQ as well, Or in Israel. "

Cost-effective 1,000 times more than flash memory Kobi Hanoch has been active in the semiconductor world for over 40 years. He began his career in the chip industry at National Semiconductors (from which Tower Jazz emerged). He later became one of the founders of Verisity and served as vice president and director of international operations. The company was sold to Cadence Design Systems in 2005 for about $ 315 million. Rath Cadence for $ 170 Million For years, Hanoch served as a consultant to start-ups in setting up their external sales network through a network of sales people he established throughout the world. What is special about ReRAM compared to other non-volatile memories? The technology that exists today in the field of non-volatile memories is mainly 'flash' technology that has been with us since the days of Mother System Tax and Sun Disk. This technology has reached technological limitations and the world is looking for a new, more advanced technology. Webbit has developed ReRAM technology, which is more powerful and faster than Flash and requires less energy. We estimate that our product is 1,000 times more cost-effective and 100 times faster than flash memory. "What's more important is the fact that our technology is simple to manufacture and therefore economical and commercially more cost-effective.

View attachment 9134
From right to left Kobi Hanoch, Amir Regev David (Dedi) Perlmutter, Dr. Yoav Nissan-Cohen | Photo: Courtesy of Weebit Nano

Ink of our ReRAM technology is that its production is based on two standard materials found in every fab of semiconductors. Setting up a large pub involves billions of dollars in costs, so the simple and inexpensive production is a great deal. Flash memory, non-volatile memory, cannot drop to geometries below 40 nm. Webbit's ReRAM is not only smaller in geometry, it offers technical and commercial advantages over alternative technologies. We use standard materials in the field of chip manufacturing, so we can go to any chip manufacturing plant in the world and with minimal death cells start production. Competitors use non-standard materials and have many manufacturing challenges. In addition, our product is cheap to manufacture and low power consumption, so the battery life On the smartphone, or any IoT device, will be extended. "The company's goal is to operate in the format of an intellectual property (IPO) company. , One-time engineering support (NRE) and royalties from the sale of end devices. In the future, the company also plans to provide a fully dedicated technology-based memory chip The ReRAM it developed. A few months ago, the company reported further significant progress in commercializing the Ron ReRAM credits it is developing. The company first demonstrated production capability in geometry 28 Nm.

The company's previous prototypes were 40 and 130 nanometer geometries. The company has also started manufacturing its chip in the mouths of 300mm silicone wafers, which increase the profitability potential of the components. The chip industry anchor sits on the board The transition to Weebit Nano's technology commercialization is being accompanied by three grants from the local and global chip industry. The first is, as stated, Dedi Perlmutter, who has accompanied her since its inception. The other is Dr. Yoav Nissan Cohen, who was one of the founders of Tower-Jazz and its CEO. Nissan Cohen currently serves as an active director of the company. Weebit Nano's board of directors also includes Attic Raza, one of the top silicon Valley semiconductor industry manufacturers who served as president and chief operating officer of AMD from 1999-1996, making it Intel's main competitor at the time.

"Weebit has world-class leadership, with a management team and a board of directors made up of veterans of the semiconductor industry," said Gish Hanoch. "Daddy Perlmutter, the chairman, is very involved in the company and opens a lot of doors for it. Yoav Nissan Cohen, who founded Tower Semiconductor, knows this world well from the inside. He did his Doctor Rat under Prof. Dov Froman, who was the CEO of Intel Israel and invented the first NVM memory. Nissan Cohen is also a part-time company employee. It is a relatively young company, but the leading team is veteran and experienced. "Each of the management staff has 30 years of experience, according to Huth. The company currently has 25 employees, along with about 25 external contractors."

Technological development completed
Moving to sales the focus of Weebit Nano is now commercial and it negotiates with a number of companies and customers - from China, where many companies are interested in Betty's technology of Weebit, to the USA - in order to assimilate its memory in their products. "Until now we've been in technological development," explains Kobi Hanoch, "and from now on we're focusing on commercialization. Last September we signed a first deal with the American chip maker SkyWater Technology, so that our technology will be integrated into the chips it manufactures for its customers. Space industry and alignment who artificial intelligence. I would like to mention that Skywater is an official supplier of the Emmy Rikai Ministry of Defense. "

According to Hanoch, "Weebits Cell Phase Technology for Skywater reduces chip production costs, extends memory life and long-term durability even at high temperatures. Vibe-based technology chips are expected to be ready for mass production in a 130-nanometer production process, at Skywater's Pub. Starting in 2023. We talk to additional pubs and potential customers who will assimilate our technology In their chips. I am convinced that more deals will be closed during the coming year. "

Present, near future and distant future
At this point, Weebit Nano is in the field of embedded Memory. Hanoch explains that this is a memory that does not stand on its own, but is integrated in a chip that supports the logical core to perform the intended functions. This is the essence of the deal with Skywater, which has a chip factory and it will be able to offer its customers the memory of our memory chips in their chips. In the future, we will enter the discrete market - chips that are all memory, which are widely used in every electronic product, including in the cloud. This is, of course, a large and very exciting market, "notes Hanoch. Another area in which the company intends to integrate in the more distant future is the field of neuromorphic computing, a developing and prominent field in artificial intelligence: "One of the things we discovered in ReRAM technology is that it works in a similar way to the brain synapse, More efficient than the methods used today. Weebit Nano is currently collaborating in international research in this field with its chips. It is a wide and fascinating world in itself that we will also be in in the more distant future, "concludes Hanoch, in collaboration with Webbit Nano."
https://www.haaretz.co.il/st/inter/Global/magazine/Haaretz/2022/01 jenuary/Industry and science/index.html#p=38
Thanks @cosors for providing this translation, it is a very good read indeed. Full of promise and easy to understand.

I foresee a wonderful future for ReRAM and hope it is WeebitNano that leads the way. I’m also hedging my bets with a small holding of 4DS. There’s ample room for literally hundreds of players. ReRAM is far superior to FLASH in every way imaginable, it will only be time until it is everywhere.

From this article - 1000 times more cost-effective and 100 times faster than FLASH.

If that is a true translation, and not miss-quoting, how can ReRAM not become the “other” de-facto, ubiquitous standard. 🤣

So they are starting with a licensing and IP model for embedding ReRAM. Now where have I seen that before?

But is is also so very promising to see they have a goal of selling discrete memory chips. There will be a huge demand for them!

Their discussion on getting into neuromorphic computing is interesting. I have read studies about that, they are VERY different to what Akida offers, and are more akin to the memory pathways, simulating synapses only. Now this COULD be useful persistent storage of burnt logic paths that a collaboration with BrainChip could be advantageous. I see this as an analogy to ROM. Use Akida to learn and burn pathways into a ReRAM neuromorphic storage array. Somewhat similar to “grandmother cells” in the human brain.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀
Thanks @cosors for providing this translation, it is a very good read indeed. Full of promise and easy to understand.

I foresee a wonderful future for ReRAM and hope it is WeebitNano that leads the way. I’m also hedging my bets with a small holding of 4DS. There’s ample room for literally hundreds of players. ReRAM is far superior to FLASH in every way imaginable, it will only be time until it is everywhere.

From this article - 1000 times more cost-effective and 100 times faster than FLASH.

If that is a true translation, and not miss-quoting, how can ReRAM not become the “other” de-facto, ubiquitous standard. 🤣

So they are starting with a licensing and IP model for embedding ReRAM. Now where have I seen that before?

But is is also so very promising to see they have a goal of selling discrete memory chips. There will be a huge demand for them!

Their discussion on getting into neuromorphic computing is interesting. I have read studies about that, they are VERY different to what Akida offers, and are more akin to the memory pathways, simulating synapses only. Now this COULD be useful persistent storage of burnt logic paths that a collaboration with BrainChip could be advantageous. I see this as an analogy to ROM. Use Akida to learn and burn pathways into a ReRAM neuromorphic storage array. Somewhat similar to “grandmother cells” in the human brain.
The figures are correct. If you look in the text, these numbers are written out. The thousand are somewhat reduced, since for Weebits IP would have to be paid of course;) The bottom line is that it is still much cheaper and of course more efficient. That was my thought.

• Fire

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Weebit out with the results of some testing, and it's impressive.

Weebit ReRAM Results: High Temperature Stability at 28nm

From the article: "Our results show that Weebit ReRAM in 28nm achieves a low raw bit error rate (BER) without any need for error correcting code (ECC) or redundancy. Specifically, we show the ability of Weebit ReRAM to maintain a stable memory window after 15 hours’ bake at 210°C after 10,000 cycles. To the best of our knowledge, this is one of the best results ever reported for any company’s ReRAM."

Or if you wan to read the referenced paper directly (it's only 4 pages long and has lots of pictures)

High temperature stability embeddedPaper: ReRAM for 2x nm node and beyond

Not only is ReRAM proving to be far superior to FLASH in every conceivable way, Weebit have now optimized their ReRAM to be superior to other forms of ReRAM.

• Love
  • Fire

cosors

👀
I'll forward you a short article or info that you may know. It comes from the Israeli media. Maybe we need to do some research in Israel if we want to look closer. It's just not so easy because the language has a completely different structure than we are used to (e.g. le/ri).
I no longer correct e.g. Vibit to Weebit. Get used to the fact that for Google and Hebrew => Weebit = Vibit/Vivit/Wibit/Webbit... This is also to remind you that maybe not all letters are always translated correctly.

a bit ~older and short, but...

"Vibit is advancing to memory technology in the 22-nm FD-SOI manufacturing process​

And IPs memories , in Israel - March 17, 2022 - by Avi Belizovsky

1655736313721.jpeg

"This is a common manufacturing process in the chip industry, which is not suitable for flash due to
physical limitations

The developer of memory technologies Wibit Nano (NYSE: ASX: WBT) reports on its progress to the 22-nanometer geometry FD-SOI production process, in collaboration with the French research institute CEA-Leti. This is one of the most advanced manufacturing processes accepted today in the embedded chip market, which is not suitable for flash technology due to physical limitations.

Last year Wibit introduced 130-nanometer-sized silicon wafers that incorporate its final product, and also
reported success in adapting the memory technology it is developing to a 28-nanometer production geometry. Now that the company is backed by a strong balance sheet, Vivit is rapidly advancing in the implementation of development plans even in the new and common production process in 22 nm geometry.

New memory for IoT products

"The development of our next memory component in the 22-nm geometry FD-SOI process is a significant milestone," said Webbit CEO Kobi Hanoch. 'The big wave of IoT products, 5th generation and artificial intelligence applications requires a new non-volatile memory that can be applied in manufacturing processes that are not compatible with today's flash technology. Webbit has launched an advanced memory technology that can be effectively integrated into a wide range of future products. "

The director of the silicon components division at CEA-Leti, Olivier Painott, added: “The FD-SOI manufacturing process combines exceptional performance with low power consumption, and is widely applied in industry. The combination of ReRAM technology with FD-SOI is a great promise for manufacturers of low-power devices that require new and efficient non-volatile memory
Vibit Nano"
https://chiportal.co.il/וויביט-מתקדמת-לטכנולוגיית-זיכרון-בתה/
I still need to figure out how to properly display this in the future or do the layout. Hebrew is quite tricky.
Weebit ~= וויביט if you want to research.
or Weebit Nano: וויביט ננו
I suppose Hebrew words are written from the right to the left, as well as the sentence structure. Exception are terms from the Latin-derived vocabulary or fixed terms and numbers, something confusing I know.

Last edited:
  • Fire

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
I'll forward you a short article or info that you may know. It comes from the Israeli media. Maybe we need to do some research in Israel if we want to look closer. It's just not so easy because the language has a completely different structure than we are used to (e.g. le/ri).
I no longer correct e.g. Vibit to Weebit. Get used to the fact that for Google and Hebrew => Weebit = Vibit/Vivit/Wibit/Webbit... This is also to remind you that maybe not all letters are always translated correctly.

U
a bit ~older and short, but...

"Vibit is advancing to memory technology in the 22-nm FD-SOI manufacturing process​

. . .
I still need to figure out how to properly display this in the future or do the layout. Hebrew is quite tricky.
Weebit ~= וויביט if you want to research.
or Weebit Nano: וויביט ננו
I suppose Hebrew words are written from the right to the left, as well as the sentence structure. Exception are terms from the Latin-derived vocabulary or fixed terms and numbers, something confusing I know.
Thanks @cosors for the translation.

No need to apologise, at least it is now readable to those who can‘t read Hebrew. We can live with Weebit’s various disguises when translated from other languages.

One way to get the layout a bit more readable is to copy the translated text to an email and then paste from there. That is what I have done below. Assuming your email, as with mine, is set to default to left aligned.

This is a common manufacturing process in the chip industry, which is not suitable for flash due to
physical limitations

The developer of memory technologies Wibit Nano (NYSE: ASX: WBT) reports on its progress to the 22-nanometer geometry FD-SOI production process, in collaboration with the French research institute CEA-Leti. This is one of the most advanced manufacturing processes accepted today in the embedded chip market, which is not suitable for flash technology due to physical limitations.

Last year Wibit introduced 130-nanometer-sized silicon wafers that incorporate its final product, and also
reported success in adapting the memory technology it is developing to a 28-nanometer production geometry. Now that the company is backed by a strong balance sheet, Vivit is rapidly advancing in the implementation of development plans even in the new and common production process in 22 nm geometry.

New memory for IoT products

"The development of our next memory component in the 22-nm geometry FD-SOI process is a significant milestone," said Webbit CEO Kobi Hanoch. 'The big wave of IoT products, 5th generation and artificial intelligence applications requires a new non-volatile memory that can be applied in manufacturing processes that are not compatible with today's flash technology. Webbit has launched an advanced memory technology that can be effectively integrated into a wide range of future products. "

The director of the silicon components division at CEA-Leti, Olivier Painott, added: “The FD-SOI manufacturing process combines exceptional performance with low power consumption, and is widely applied in industry. The combination of ReRAM technology with FD-SOI is a great promise for manufacturers of low-power devices that require new and efficient non-volatile memory
Vibit Nano"

• Fire

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Weebit ReRAM is alive. To be demonstrated today at the Leti Innovation Days event.

Commercialisation may just be around the corner.

Attachments

• Weebit ReRAM is alive.pdf
    285.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom