TLG Discussion 2022

Semmel

Regular
The open short positions in TLG as of Monday 9th May are now at a record high at 1,519,944 shares.

The net open short position increased by 256,426 shares, on a total traded volume of the 1.5M shares. So at least 1 in 6 share traded on the 9/5
were short sales. This excludes any short sales that were opened and closed out the same day.

The open net short position has increased by ~600k shares, since the last SP peak of $1.74, on the 21/4.

The share price fell another 10c over the rest of the week, with just of 3M shares traded.

I'll be interested to see if the open shorts increase or decrease over this period.

There is a very strong support level around $1.225 over the past 18 months trading, so I do not see any great gains, subject to no Black Swan events, being made shorting Talga at these levels.

With major news on resource upgrades, permitting, financing and purchase agreements due over the next 6 months, I would not like to be trying to buy back +1.5M shares when these announcements start dropping.

View attachment 6582

I did not expect that, thx for the heads up. The short thesis for Talga is pretty ... short sighted. It must be based on the prospect that permits are denied. The market is already down as a while, Talga is simply going with it at this point. Shorting now is like buying at ATH without a catalyst. So either someone shorted Talga together with a bunch of other stocks as an expectation the entire market is moving further down, or they expect Talga specific, negative, information. Both is pretty unlikely in my opinion. This will give us more of a catalyst when the positive news finally come.

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Semmel

Regular
Ohh i git an idea.. maybe someone read too many of these auto generated stock reports that claim that talga is running out of cash and needs to rise capital soon. Which is a real possibility if financing and permits are delayed again.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I did not expect that, thx for the heads up. The short thesis for Talga is pretty ... short sighted. It must be based on the prospect that permits are denied. The market is already down as a while, Talga is simply going with it at this point. Shorting now is like buying at ATH without a catalyst. So either someone shorted Talga together with a bunch of other stocks as an expectation the entire market is moving further down, or they expect Talga specific, negative, information. Both is pretty unlikely in my opinion. This will give us more of a catalyst when the positive news finally come.

Without getting too involved in how leveraged products work, and although I am convinced of Talga's potential in the medium to long term, I have to disagree with you here. Looking at how Talga's stock has performed over the last 1.5 years and how MT has managed the company, I think the following scenario is quite realistic:
- Late June: Talga announces that JORC resources are twice as high as previously thought; the stock makes a short-term jump of 20-30%, but loses the gains again within a few days or weeks
- End of September: Talga announces that JV talks with Mitsui still could not be finalized, and repeatedly extends the timeframe by 12-18 months; the share price drops by 20-40
- In parallel, we have global issues such as Russia-Ukraine conflict, global recession, increase in cost of raw materials, new Covid variants in late autumn in Europe, which have an additional negative impact on the share price.

Thus, one does not have to be convinced of permit failure, but can simply assume a different timing of events in the coming months, as well as a negative development of global conditions, to short Talga with a clear conscience.

As I said, I am convinced of Talga's medium-term potential, but I wanted to bring in a slightly different perspective. I can well imagine that the many pieces of the puzzle will only come together next year and that the transformational year 2021 announced by MT will not be postponed by 1 year, but by 2 years.

cosors

👀
Pretty slim to be honest at this stage. Mark spoke about a potential listing in the US from the 36min mark of the Limiting Factor interview. See link below.

The reason why i say it is unlikely is the frothy valuation of companies like Quantumscape, which hit over US$100 in 2021 have come back to earth with a thud and now valued at US$12. Therefore, the valuation disconnect between US listed battery tech companies and Talga are not as high now.

Also, i see huge demand for Talga’s anode in Europe (FREYR, NV, VW, Tesla etc), Japan (Mitsui etc), Taiwan (LTT) and possibly Korea (TBA) that supplying North America might not be the first priority in terms of supply. From a funding point of view, Sweden and the broader EU are finally getting their skates on to progress permitting and shore up domestic critical mineral supply chains (thanks mainly to Putin) that I’d be staggered if Talga can’t access a large component of their funding requirements from the EU/Mitsui/Equity. Therefore, there should be limited requirement to source capital from the US and dual list at this point.

I could imagine a situation in the future that if Talga decide to co-locate an anode refinery at FREYR’s Norway operations (as considered in the current MOU), then you could imagine Talga may use that relationship to build a similar plant alongside FREYR’s future US Gigafactory that is has in the pipeline. That is quite some time off however IMO.

What i did find interesting looking back on that interview (which is almost 2 years ago) was Mark musing about ‘spinning off a technology or product’. Interesting that he was thinking along those lines to maximise/unlock value in the company and whether that is still a consideration today or not.

I don't know, I'm always sceptical.
When people think of a US listing, they think of massive amounts of money. Quantumscape traded so high because VW got in, optionally and in parallel next other projects. Since then, they have fallen continuously. I had looked a bit at listing small foreign stocks on Nasdaq because one of my positions was going to be listed there. I was sceptical and rightly so. The larger part is being ripped up there. Bear in mind that fees will be dropped and people will really start shoring up. Even from my hometown I know the euphoria of going to Wall Street, it doesn't last a year, then that's it. The NASDAQ can also quickly break the back. But as I said, I don't really know enough. Take it as my opinion.
For me, everything fits as it is. I know that I am probably naively alone in this.

And with Freyr, I'm holding back a bit. There is another cooperation, except that its output is tiny and far too small. A joint solution is needed.

cosors

👀
Without getting too involved in how leveraged products work, and although I am convinced of Talga's potential in the medium to long term, I have to disagree with you here. Looking at how Talga's stock has performed over the last 1.5 years and how MT has managed the company, I think the following scenario is quite realistic:
- Late June: Talga announces that JORC resources are twice as high as previously thought; the stock makes a short-term jump of 20-30%, but loses the gains again within a few days or weeks
- End of September: Talga announces that JV talks with Mitsui still could not be finalized, and repeatedly extends the timeframe by 12-18 months; the share price drops by 20-40
- In parallel, we have global issues such as Russia-Ukraine conflict, global recession, increase in cost of raw materials, new Covid variants in late autumn in Europe, which have an additional negative impact on the share price.

Thus, one does not have to be convinced of permit failure, but can simply assume a different timing of events in the coming months, as well as a negative development of global conditions, to short Talga with a clear conscience.

As I said, I am convinced of Talga's medium-term potential, but I wanted to bring in a slightly different perspective. I can well imagine that the many pieces of the puzzle will only come together next year and that the transformational year 2021 announced by MT will not be postponed by 1 year, but by 2 years.
I'm very excited about what is to come. In the meantime, I was desperate about the procedures and oscillated between euphoria and scepticism. That feeling has gone in the meantime. They will open the thing somehow. If, against all expectations, the permit is firstly rejected, the government will be able to act and intervene. Europe needs the resource and Sweden wants the green transition and the local people want the taxes, fees and jobs. The one article said we are in the starting blocks...

You raise a good point. The MOU expires on 31 August and the National and Environmental Court will give their verdict in the autumn. It's all coming to a head. The question is whether they will take it to the last day again. I can also imagine that a possible large subsidy from the EU can then flow more easily. And in autumn/September, the subsidies or projects will be awarded, which, if I take it very roughly, could bring us perhaps at least 40 million over three of 11 projects. Along the way, the processing concession can be granted.

And many are waiting for the JORC results. Perhaps that is also formally important for funding.

I'm not worried about the shorts. They are so small compared to others. With the attitude in the markets, there was watering can shorting and Talga got some too.

I'm actually very relaxed, I don't think the price will fall through the support and I'm thinking about buying a little more next week. Everything will come to a head this year. Decisions will be made this year and project-related things maybe next year.

It's all just my opinion.

Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Ohh i git an idea.. maybe someone read too many of these auto generated stock reports that claim that talga is running out of cash and needs to rise capital soon. Which is a real possibility if financing and permits are delayed again.
So now the bots are believing each others lies? We've invented the Infinite Incredability Machine.

Bot swallows botrot.

Where's Colonel Bat Guano when you need him?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...869FBD5A67DDF84E60E4869FBD5A67DDF84&FORM=VIRE

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

cosors

👀
from phone, so in short. What do you think about that - Swedish Mining Research & Innovation Day

Screenshot_2022-05-16-18-21-09-18_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

and that

Screenshot_2022-05-16-18-23-26-71_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Any ideas if and why Talga cancelled?

cosors

👀
I'll wait and see. Maybe someone still comes on an idea because of the above. The agenda has been completely changed or "rearranged". Here is the video. I can't make out a Mr. Cios from the Commission either, a little odd:

Reactions: 1 users

cosors

👀
Here is a strange story! If you don't want to be confused, go directly to the picture at the end.
I have once again looked after the ship (ships) with the test coating. The ship was previously called ALGARROBO and belonged to NSC HOLDING - HAMBURG, GERMANY. I'm focusing on this one ship here, even though there are two.
https://graphene-flagship.eu/graphene/news/talga-s-graphene-coated-ships-sail-safer-and-last-longer/

ship 1 coated Nov 2019
ship 2 coated Dez 2019

The dry dock of the coating or the place in the photo is located in Turkey: https://www.google.com/maps/@40.8416681,29.2842773,1646m/data=!3m1!1e3

After that, the ship was sold and renamed Robin 1/2 or Songa Puma.
https://www.balticshipping.com/vessel/imo/9399789
http://www.bunkerportsnews.com/News.aspx?ElementId=edaf2e56-78ca-406b-a891-de7cb643f50a

At Marinetraffic it runs under the name Robin 2 and under Liberian flag. As you can clearly see from the positions here 1=2
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ai.../mmsi:636020352/imo:9399789/vessel:SONGA_PUMA
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ai...843/mmsi:636020353/imo:9399739/vessel:ROBIN_2

I'll cut my excursion short:

I wanted to know who is the owner and manager of the ship. I had to learn that the flag under which it sails has nothing to do with it. Now it becomes more complicated, here comes now the mistake in the designation 1 and 2. Robin 2/Algarorobo. But now it gets really complicated. During the search I became aware of the identification number and here they diverge for one and the same ship. Robin 2 = IMO: 9399739 and SONGA PUMA = IMO: 9399789 are one and the same ship! I am not kidding! Check the position and the photos. Kind of confusing and I can't clear it up now or here. Think of this post as a note or archive entry for later editing. Up to this point, the flag is still the same under which they sail, Liberia, and the home port is also the same, Monrovia. ...That reminds me, I've never seen it in Liberia/Monrovia, but I have seen it in Bremerhaven.

Isn't that twisted enough? Then see here from Robin 1 and Robin 2 with different identification numbers becomes one and the same ship listed under two names and two identification numbers. I am really not a professional and can very well be mistaken. But I find this odd.

Further alignment:
Sponga Puma and Robin 1 was previously called Cap Roca
And Robin 2 was previously called Cap Roberta

I still could not clearly find out who are owners and managers. According to the page here it is for the Songa Puma and/or Robin 1 and 2:
Managment:
ISM Manager
INTERUNITY MANAGEMENT GMBH
Konsul-Smidt-Strasse 76a, 28217 Bremen, Germany.
(since 04/11/2020)

Owner (the same):
Registered owner
ROBIN 2 SHIPPING INC
Care of Interunity Management (Deutschland) GmbH , Konsul-Smidt-Strasse 76a, 28217 Bremen, Germany.
(since 15/11/2020)
https://ships.jobmarineman.com/robin-1-9399789/
https://ships.jobmarineman.com/robin-2-9399739/

Their page is similarly confusing: http://interunity.com/
And contrary to the info above, they don't run the Robin 1 alias Songa Puma, alias Algarobbo (first coated ship) under their management. But therefore Robin 2 not mentioned by Talga not even under old names, and Robin 4 before that designate as Arica (second coated Ship; IMO: 0399741). I just suspect that this business or industry is set up that way on purpose.
=> So if MT wants to see what its coating is doing, he should simply send its German employees to Bremerhaven at the next upcoming landing.

Confused? Don't worry, I am too ;)
If all this is true, the owner has changed, but not the country Germany and here the regulations are probably such that they are not driven off to the rust. Now I have at least a clue why I saw the ship twice in Bremerhaven harbor.

Here is the reason why they do not sail under the German flag, so the two in one or Robin 1/2 ...yes, and Robin 4... I'll leave that for now, otherwise I'll run into 4 ships that are one and the same later 🤣

"Flag with tax concessions
In contrast to the nationality of people, for example, ships are very free to choose the flag under which they sail. However, they are also subject to the laws of the country in question. As a result,
only about 14 percent of merchant ships now sail under the German flag. Klaus Harald Holocher, Professor of Shipping and Logistics at the Jade University of Applied Sciences, explains that this practice applies just as much to rescue ships, oil tankers or tourist steamers."

Puh! What a trip! I just wanted to show you an actual photo of the ship:
robin-2_9399739_3632309_XLarge.jpg

Robin 2.png

https://www.fleetmon.com/vessels/robin-2_9399739_2027261/photos/3632309/

at least we know more now. Maybe I made a mistake and someone will enlighten me. Or should I not have drilled deep? Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Diogenese

Top 20
Here is a strange story! If you don't want to be confused, go directly to the picture at the end.
I have once again looked after the ship (ships) with the test coating. The ship was previously called ALGARROBO and belonged to NSC HOLDING - HAMBURG, GERMANY. I'm focusing on this one ship here, even though there are two.
https://graphene-flagship.eu/graphene/news/talga-s-graphene-coated-ships-sail-safer-and-last-longer/

The dry dock of the coating or the place in the photo is located in Turkey: https://www.google.com/maps/@40.8416681,29.2842773,1646m/data=!3m1!1e3

http://www.bunkerportsnews.com/News.aspx?ElementId=edaf2e56-78ca-406b-a891-de7cb643f50a

At Marinetraffic it runs under the name Robin 2 and under Liberian flag. As you can clearly see from the positions here 1=2
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ai.../mmsi:636020352/imo:9399789/vessel:SONGA_PUMA
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ai...843/mmsi:636020353/imo:9399739/vessel:ROBIN_2

I wanted to know who is the owner and manager of the ship. I had to learn that the flag under which it sails has nothing to do with it. Now it becomes more complicated, here comes now the mistake in the designation 1 and 2. Robin 2/Algarorobo. But now it gets really complicated. During the search I became aware of the identification number and here they diverge for one and the same ship. Robin 2 = IMO: 9399739 and SONGA PUMA = IMO: 9399789 are one and the same ship! I am not kidding! Check the position and the photos. Kind of confusing and I can't clear it up now or here. Think of this post as a note or archive entry for later editing. Up to this point, the flag is still the same under which they sail, Liberia, and the home port is also the same, Monrovia. ...That reminds me, I've never seen it in Liberia/Monrovia, but I have seen it in Bremerhaven.

Isn't that twisted enough? Then see here from Robin 1 and Robin 2 with different identification numbers becomes one and the same ship listed under two names and two identification numbers. I am really not a professional and can very well be mistaken. But I find this odd.

Further alignment:

I still could not clearly find out who are owners and managers. According to the page here it is for the Songa Puma and/or Robin 1 and 2:
Managment:
ISM Manager
(since 04/11/2020)

Owner (the same):
Registered owner
ROBIN 2 SHIPPING INC
Care of Interunity Management (Deutschland) GmbH , Konsul-Smidt-Strasse 76a, 28217 Bremen, Germany.
(since 15/11/2020)

If all this is true, the owner has changed, but not the country Germany and here the regulations are probably such that they are not driven off to the rust. Now I have at least a clue why I saw the ship twice in Bremerhaven harbor.

Here is the reason why they do not sail under the German flag, so the two in one or Robin 1/2 ...yes, and Robin 4... I'll leave that for now, otherwise I'll run into 4 ships that are one and the same later 🤣

In contrast to the nationality of people, for example, ships are very free to choose the flag under which they sail. However, they are also subject to the laws of the country in question. As a result,
only about 14 percent of merchant ships now sail under the German flag. Klaus Harald Holocher, Professor of Shipping and Logistics at the Jade University of Applied Sciences, explains that this practice applies just as much to rescue ships, oil tankers or tourist steamers."

View attachment 6873

View attachment 6874

at least we know more now. Maybe I made a mistake and someone will enlighten me. Or should I not have drilled deep? Any thoughts?
Are you sure one of them wasn't The Flying Dutchman?

... and what happened to the Marie Celeste?

• Thinking

Semmel

Regular
Ohh 😲, what chaos surrounding these ships!!

• Haha

cosors

👀

Further alignment:

Managment:
ISM Manager
(since 04/11/2020)

Owner (the same):
Registered owner
ROBIN 2 SHIPPING INC
(since 15/11/2020)

Their page is similarly confusing: http://interunity.com/
And contrary to the info above, they don't run the Robin 1 alias Songa Puma, alias Algarobbo (first coated ship) under their management. But therefore Robin 2 not mentioned by Talga not even under old names, and Robin 4 before that designate as Arica (second coated Ship; IMO: 0399741). I just suspect that this business or industry is set up that way on purpose.
=> So if MT wants to see what its coating is doing, he should simply send its German employees to Bremerhaven at the next upcoming landing.
I'm sure that's exactly what he did! See here google.maps and here the second picture

View attachment 6873

View attachment 6874

I called there and described that we are very interested in the status or at least want to know how long the intervals usually are. She listened to me patiently, asks in the technology and get back to me in a few days :)

But of course I didn't ask for Robin 1 but only for Robin with the special special graphene coating. For me I have created a matrix with the names and numbers 🤣

Last edited:

cosors

👀
Are you sure one of them wasn't The Flying Dutchman?

... and what happened to the Marie Celeste?
🤣

It was really like searching for a ghost ship 🤔
I let this rest now to not dissolve me completely in confusion and hope that the dear lady simply provides us with some answers.

Thanks for the story! Also very exciting! Mystery upon mystery:
"In August 2001, an expedition headed by the marine archaeologist and author Clive Cussler announced that they had found the remains of a ship embedded in the Rochelois reef. Only a few pieces of timber and some metal artifacts could be salvaged, the remainder of the wreckage being lost within the coral. Initial tests on the wood indicated that it was the type extensively used in New York shipyards at the time of Mary Celeste's 1872 refit, and it seemed the remains of Mary Celeste had been found. However, dendrochronological tests carried out by Scott St George of the Geological Survey of Canada showed that the wood came from trees, most probably from the US state of Georgia, that would still have been growing in 1894, about ten years after Mary Celeste's demise."

cosors

👀

cosors

👀
Hi MM

Yeah the list I pulled together are all deliverables I am expecting in H2 CY2022. So, all of those things are hopefully ahead of us.

In the interim, we are in a bit of a lull with limited news flow and as a result the share price is just drifting with the overall poor sentiment prevalent across all global markets.

I took the opportunity to buy another 12,000 shares in Talga yesterday and will look to add further if prices remain around the $1.30 mark.

Sounds like there was a lot of positive sentiment at the CRM summit, including comments from European Commissioner, Thierry Breton. What i hope is those sentiments are translating into tangible funding opportunities that Talga can tap into towards its project capex.

Suffice to say, I’m still incredibly positive about Talga’s outlook and I remain of the view that the combination of graphite/anode prices prices continuing to trend up and Talga hitting key milestones in H2 (permits/financing/offtakes), will be when the share price will re-rate accordingly. In the interim, I will continue accumulating ahead of this time.
You've got it right! I don't have time to answer you all right now because I'm sailing 🤗

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Talga. Ontinuing to tick all the right boxes with resource recovery and green initiatives.These Life Cycle Analysis requirements are going to place companies like Talga in the limelight.

Talga seem to reduce the carbon footprint in everything they touch. And that is a great approach in today’s climate/environment sensitive environment. They are building a MOAT that everyone will want to cross.

Processing steel slag to extract vital elements sure beats dumping the slag into landfill or even repurposing as road base.

fa90b2d65943b71427f250a5c116088740693c.png

And the following statement from MINVIRO on LinkedIn

“We are excited to announce our recent project with Neometals Ltd, using life cycle assessment #LCA to quantify the environmental impact of their vanadium recovery project "VRP1" in Pori, Finland”

Talga. Ontinuing to tick all the right boxes with resource recovery and green initiatives.These Life Cycle Analysis requirements are going to place companies like Talga in the limelight.

Talga seem to reduce the carbon footprint in everything they touch. And that is a great approach in today’s climate/environment sensitive environment. They are building a MOAT that everyone will want to cross.

Processing steel slag to extract vital elements sure beats dumping the slag into landfill or even repurposing as road base.

fa90b2d65943b71427f250a5c116088740693c.png

And the following statement from MINVIRO on LinkedIn

“We are excited to announce our recent project with Neometals Ltd, using life cycle assessment #LCA to quantify the environmental impact of their vanadium recovery project "VRP1" in Pori, Finland”
So "SlyMeat" I guess your surname is "CunningHam"..................LOL

ASX Battery sector got absolutely smashed today due to the Goldman Sachs investor note saying lithium, cobalt and nickel are all overpriced.

Of course no mention of graphite but we got smashed anyway:)

Reactions: 3 users
I guess this didn't help either

From this afternoon's The Australian

BYD Co report hits lithium sector​

David Rogers

DAVID ROGERS
A report that China's BVD Co has reached agreements to buy six lithium mines in Africa that can produce over 25 MTPA of lithium ore is the "real reason" why Australian lithium miners have been "obliterated" Wednesday says Shaw & Partners' James Nicolaou.
A report in Chinese publication "The Paper" said some of the mines will start production next month and could be used in BYD's batteries in 3Q.
Production from the six mines can make batteries for 27.78 million pure electric vehicles, enough to cover the company's demand for the next 10 years, The Paper said.
"Even from an industry perspective, this would have a huge impact to the current market dynamic, as these lithium mines could meet the need for production capacity of Chinese EV industry for at least several years," Mr Nicolaou said.
"So in other words, would mean that China would have their own direct Lithium supply and capacity sorted as the rest of the world scrambles to secure supply."
"In turn, that supply demand dynamic would be flipped on its head, With china controlling the price. Hence the sell-off for all off our Aussie listed names."

Diogenese

Top 20
ASX Battery sector got absolutely smashed today due to the Goldman Sachs investor note saying lithium, cobalt and nickel are all overpriced.

Of course no mention of graphite but we got smashed anyway:)
Perhaps this would be of some use to the brokers etc.:

1654069893235.png

Top Bottom