TLG Ann: Trading Halt
Price Sensitive: Y
Date: 21st Feb 2023, 9:55am

>>> Read announcement: Google: TLG Market Announcements

Reactions: 1 users

Semmel

Regular
Since we have the proper thread now..

From the Quarterly balance sheet, it was clear we will need a CR latest next quarter as we would have ended Q3 with near 0 cash. So we all knew it was coming. But .. I dont get why now. Permits are all but granted. If they are denied the Swedish government would make it work for us regardless, given all the political tail wind we got. So.. could have waited for more favorable conditions.. like.. after permits were granted for instance. I can only see this as.. lets not get caught pants down on the 5% chance Permits are not in the book. Eager to learn the details of the raise.

Reactions: 3 users

Vigdorian

Regular
Reactions: 4 users

ACinEur

Regular
Hmmm. Not hugely happy about this…would much rather have ‘strategic’ investments ACC etc (per Vulcan et al). Hopefully SP holds up as well as it did off the last Cap Raise. Timing is weird, and they pared back the last raise for individual investors…Not a great way to build trust…time will tell I guess

anbuck

Regular
Could the Swedish government have suggested to Talga that they wouldn't issue the permit unless Talga improved their balance sheet first?

Reactions: 2 users

manny100

Regular
Last quarterly they only had 2.15 quarters of cash left.
No one will partner with them unless they have a much bigger cash buffer than that.
At least it will be at a reasonable price.

Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀
Could the Swedish government have suggested to Talga that they wouldn't issue the permit unless Talga improved their balance sheet first?
Interesting thought. I don't know. But it brings me back to the fact that we have to deposit about ~40M€ in security to be allowed to launch. But I have no idea if it could have something to do with that.
___
The largest ongoing costs should be through for now. Apart from the actual investment of course. I believe that the cash burn is probably nowhere near as high as it was. But that's not my topic. I have less idea about that.
___
It may also be that they know they will get the building permit for the factory. Lulea is a small city.
And on the other hand MT last mentioned that machines have to be financed years ahead (...yeah we're in actually a project
[36:33:00] build stage you've got to place orders for equipment years ahead...) So what if the money is also for pre-financing so that they can place the order because they know they will get the permit?

Maybe it's more about acute costs that can't wait?

Last edited:

Semmel

Regular
Interesting thought. I don't know. But it brings me back to the fact that we have to deposit about ~40M€ in security to be allowed to launch. But I have no idea if it could have something to do with that.
___
The largest ongoing costs should be through for now. Apart from the actual investment of course. I believe that the cash burn is probably nowhere near as high as it was. But that's not my topic. I have less idea about that.

You are talking about the securities that are needed to be held in reserve for building back the land in case of cooperate failure or ecologic desaster. That amount was, if I remember correctly, not payed all up front but in tranches that reflect the state of the mine and could come from the general mine financing.

JNRB

Regular
Talnode Si acceleration

cosors

👀
You are talking about the securities that are needed to be held in reserve for building back the land in case of cooperate failure or ecologic desaster. That amount was, if I remember correctly, not payed all up front but in tranches that reflect the state of the mine and could come from the general mine financing.
Yes I know... They have to provide a part directly but I don't know how that works exactly. That's why I took that out of the speculation.
I rather suspect that it is about acute costs - at least that is what my intuition tells me. But I better leave that speculating. For believing there is the church - LoL

Semmel

Regular
Agree, we will have to wait for some official statements. Hopefully it's Talnode-Si related, but my gut tells me it's rather related to the current strong share price and the general cash burn.

JNRB

Regular
Copied from HC.
Would they be raising funds for early mine works if they weren't reasonably sure of a positive outcome?
Screenshot_2023-02-21-08-43-40-59.jpg

I think you might be onto something there. Site restoration would be front of mind for any environmental court.

If it’s not at least it looks good

MT is building stuff in multiple countries. Why should we be surprised by this CR

It was obvious from the last Quarter report.

Big plans = Big Budgets

I think things must have escalated rapidly since the last CR

Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀
Is this now fact and we are just waiting for ASX confirmation? And if that's the case, why are we waiting for this information that's in the papers anyway? If everything is clear what is the company waiting for?

Does MT have a daughter that works for afr? :unsure:

"Coal play Cokal, battery biz Talga join the raisers

Anthony Macdonald, Sarah Thompson and Kanika Sood

Talga taps Euroz

Meanwhile, Perth-broker Euroz Hartleys was seeking investors for battery materials play Talga Group.

Talga was chasing $35 million via the sale of new shares at $1.55 each, or a 17.1 per cent discount to the last close.

Funds raised were for early works at its Vittangi Anode Project, to increase its Electric Vehicle Anode production capabilities and working capital, a term sheet sent to potential investors said.

Talga had a $625 million market capitalisation prior to the raising."
https://www.afr.com/street-talk/coal-play-cokal-battery-biz-talga-join-the-raisers-20230221-p5cm78

Is this now fact and we are just waiting for ASX confirmation? And if that's the case, why are we waiting for this information that's in the papers anyway? If everything is clear what is the company waiting for?

Does MT have a daughter that works for afr? :unsure:

"Coal play Cokal, battery biz Talga join the raisers

Anthony Macdonald, Sarah Thompson and Kanika Sood

Talga taps Euroz

Meanwhile, Perth-broker Euroz Hartleys was seeking investors for battery materials play Talga Group.

Talga was chasing $35 million via the sale of new shares at $1.55 each, or a 17.1 per cent discount to the last close.

Funds raised were for early works at its Vittangi Anode Project, to increase its Electric Vehicle Anode production capabilities and working capital, a term sheet sent to potential investors said.

Talga had a $625 million market capitalisation prior to the raising."
https://www.afr.com/street-talk/coal-play-cokal-battery-biz-talga-join-the-raisers-20230221-p5cm78
No mate it’s the way the ASX works. We will come out of the halt at around $1.45 Thursday ASX time . Or lower

By the way in total shit weather I was out on a reasonably sized boat today we were fishing for Tuna. And a 5 metre white pointer came up to say hello.

Fantastic animals. Just majestic the way they glide through the ocean

Then came home to our rental and there is a 1.5 metre snake in the backyard . Too quick to see when a few wines are on board . Looked like a black snake.

But Yeah WTF

Not sure what it is but it set the hounds off

Sydney is safer 😀

Just full of arseholes 😀😂😅

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
No mate it’s the way the ASX works. We will come out of the halt at around $1.45 Thursday ASX time . Or lower

By the way in total shit weather I was out on a reasonably sized boat today we were fishing for Tuna. And a 5 metre white pointer came up to say hello.

Fantastic animals. Just majestic the way they glide through the ocean

Then came home to our rental and there is a 1.5 metre snake in the backyard . Too quick to see when a few wines are on board . Looked like a black snake.

But Yeah WTF

Not sure what it is but it set the hounds off

Sydney is safer 😀

Just full of arseholes 😀😂😅
We all know the 1.45 too well now. Let it be a short interim.

We caught a big bonito while sailing once. Was that tasty!
They are really graceful animals full of power.

Top Bottom