TLG Ann: Talga grows Swedish natural graphite resources
Price Sensitive: Y
Date: 3rd Apr 2023, 9:19am

>>> Read announcement: Google: TLG Market Announcements

• Fire
Reactions: 2 users

BigDog

Regular
Fantastic news, that we’ve all been patiently waiting for for quite some time. What TLG has in the ground is truly remarkable as we all know and only gets better the more the study it.

I certainly wasn’t expecting this announcement so close to the permit decision though.

Is MT so certain we have the permits he has decided to start filing out all the banked up announcements we are all anticipating? Or has something negative come his way re permits and this is a last effort attempt to, no doubt yet again, prove this is an opportunity the world must not be denied?

Big big week!

Reactions: 5 users

TentCity

Regular
I’m thinking the latter - put maximum pressure on Swedish Gov’t to intervene and approve this mine if the Court decision goes the wrong way.

Also, if the decision is positive - the news media reports will hopefully capture the latest resource upgrade demonstrating what an important critical/strategic resource this is to Europe’s decarbonisation agenda.

Hopefully the perfect lead up announcement to Wed/Thurs decision!

Reactions: 4 users

Vigdorian

Regular
I don't think it's the latter because it's too late to influence the government 1. The decision has already been finalized 2. The decision is non public.
Are you insinuating that Talga received negative news and are likely setting this up as a PR stunt for a legal battle that would ensue in the Supreme Court. Talga would also know that the announcement today would also have an impact on investors so that would be rather deceitful to the investor base.

In the same token , didn't the municipality prematurely hold a vote about blocking the planning of the mine ? Wasn't some of the criticism that their vote should only take place after the results from the court were handed down.

Last edited:
  • Fire

TentCity

Regular
I don't think it's the latter because it's too late to influence the government 1. The decision has already been finalized 2. The decision is non public.
Are you insinuating that Talga received negative news and are likely setting this up as a PR stunt for a legal battle that would ensue in the Supreme Court. Talga would also know that the announcement today would also have an impact on investors so that would be rather deceitful to the investor base.

In the same token , didn't the municipality prematurely hold a vote about blocking the planning of the mine ? Wasn't some of the criticism that their vote should only take place after the results from the court were handed down.
No, I’m saying in the event that we get an unfavorable decision - today’s announcement underlining just how singinfcant and important the Vittangi resource is would hopefully spur the Swedish Gov’t to intervene and find a compromise solution as per the Cementa example.

I am of course hoping and expecting a positive announcement this week and have invested accordingly over the years.

Reactions: 6 users

beserk

Regular
My two pennies worth is that even the regular insiders are not privy to the Courts descision and what we are seeing is share traders that haven't got any sources on the inside of the Swedish opaque Court system. So they are, selling, shorting and swapping in the blind. IMHO.

Reactions: 5 users

Semmel

Regular
Very interesting. The Niska link contained graphite is much smaller than the announcement make it seem to be. They claim a 71% increase in the first bullet point but i don't see how this is supported anywhere. Maybe the base they refer it to is something hidden? I see the Niska Link to be about 400kt contained graphite, see table 1 on page 9. There is something I don't get. Is this compared to Niska before any additional drilling last year?

Also, the total contained graphite in Niska is only 3.2Mt. I thought it's much more. Probably is when going deeper. Nunaswaara is about the same size with Nunaswaara south being about 60% of it. So about 2.5Mt. Niska is not much different to nunaswaara. Was maybe not quite that aware of this. Planning a Niska underground mine for 300ktpa graphite extraction would give Niska a life of Mine of about 10 years. As mines go, not very long. So, better to digg deeper dwarfen style. :)

Reactions: 3 users

cosors

👀
I’m thinking the latter - put maximum pressure on Swedish Gov’t to intervene and approve this mine if the Court decision goes the wrong way.

Also, if the decision is positive - the news media reports will hopefully capture the latest resource upgrade demonstrating what an important critical/strategic resource this is to Europe’s decarbonisation agenda.

Hopefully the perfect lead up announcement to Wed/Thurs decision!
Perhaps that was the reason why the regional party of Kiruna has already positioned itself and announced its stance against the mine in order to send signals to Stockholm. The question is only how the mother party of the Social Democrats, which does not govern, sees this. I'm not Swedish, but from the outside it looked as if the Social Democrats had also been voted out because of the blocking policy. But I could be wrong. In any case, they are not the ones who could intervene.

Reactions: 3 users

Semmel

Regular
Very interesting. The Niska link contained graphite is much smaller than the announcement make it seem to be. They claim a 71% increase in the first bullet point but i don't see how this is supported anywhere. Maybe the base they refer it to is something hidden? I see the Niska Link to be about 400kt contained graphite, see table 1 on page 9. There is something I don't get. Is this compared to Niska before any additional drilling last year?

Also, the total contained graphite in Niska is only 3.2Mt. I thought it's much more. Probably is when going deeper. Nunaswaara is about the same size with Nunaswaara south being about 60% of it. So about 2.5Mt. Niska is not much different to nunaswaara. Was maybe not quite that aware of this. Planning a Niska underground mine for 300ktpa graphite extraction would give Niska a life of Mine of about 10 years. As mines go, not very long. So, better to digg deeper dwarfen style. :)

To add, i am hoping for an underground mine combining all of Niska, nunaswaara north and east as well as what is left under the open pit of nunaswaara south. That's at least something like 8Mt total and at 400ktp extraction rate a life of Mine of 20 years, plus whatever comes from below. Then have another expansion at the other locations.

Top Bottom