Regular
Hi. Did anyone get to the AGM? Any feedback updates appreciated…thx

Diogenese

Top 20
TLG Ann: 2022 AGM Presentation
Price Sensitive: N
Date: 24th Nov 2022, 3:51pm

>>> Read announcement: Google: TLG Market Announcements
Heady stuff - Not that we didn't know most of this before, but when you see it all in one place:

Piloting and scaling up Talnode-Si for fast tracked commercialization
Talnode -Si : Up to 50% Si - customer can choose blend with Talnode-C
Testing underway with Tier-1 battery customerS
Use silicate tailings as Si source
Talga conductive addditive as possible carbon-black replacement in cathodes
Testing Talga conductive additive with tier-1 customer(s?)
Talcrete, Talcoat, food packaging ... (open at depth)
Recycle graphite from Li batteries for performance enhancing battery additives.

$30 million plus in kitty.

EU govt funding

ACC binding offtake by 30 November?

Environmental hearing 31 January 2023, result in Q1?

Future Vittangi growth?

20+ battery and automotive customers testing Talnode.

Talnode-C commercial production 2024.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Some of you no longer visit Hot Crapper but here is a post I'm going to copy and paste from a poster called "HowYaGoin"

I think it is very significant especially the one on one with MT after the AGM.............

I also attended the AGM and will add my notes to the write up that @kmac has already done:

• MT and board further reiterated strong confidence in achieving becoming a multibillion dollar company in next few years.
  • Reiterated there is enough graphite at Vittangi for 60 million EVs.
  • Got shown a great video of inside of anode plant which isn't yet publicly available but will be released shortly. Customers apparently extremely impressed with the technological sophistication of Talga labs and anode plant. The Cambridge materials lab is soon getting a scanning electron microscope which will further enhance their ability to test and validate the materials they are developing.
  • MT very keen to do heaps more drilling to further prove the Vittangi resource, however recognises that is hard to justify with investor capital, so will pay for this out of cashflow once anode production gets underway.
  • Commercial Talnode-C production still on track to commence by 2024.
  • UK-CSi study which, is looking at developing silicon anode using in-situ silicates from graphite ore that would otherwise end up as tailings. MT said he thinks this will be lowest cost, highest performance Si anode material in the world, but can't talk much about it until patents are achieved.
  • MT hoping to do a graphene market update soon.
Upcoming milestones to be achieved
  • Resource upgrade coming soon
  • Permit decision in Q1 2023
  • Commercial agreements
  • Project financing arrangements
Q (after AGM, direct conversation with MT): Is the court decision on permitting in Jan next year binary? Or is there the chance they may request further information/studies and then delay decision until later in the year?
MT response: the decision will be pretty much binary, as all of the iterative processes of document/study requests, responses, feedback etc with the regulator will be complete by then. So the decision by the court will either be Yes or No, with the possibility of: Yes BUT apply control X. The decision can be appealed by either party. However in Talgas case, if the mine permit is approved but the Sami appeal against the decision, this does not delay works with regard to the site - Talga can operate under the conditions of the permit while the other party lodges their appeal.MT also mentioned that court verdict might not be issued until 6 weeks or so after the court hearing, for reasons i forget but something to do with the judicial process.
Q: why haven't we seen a boom in graphite prices like we have seen with lithium?
Mark says that the pre-existing market for graphite for industrial uses (e.g. as a concrete additive) has acted as a price-buffer, with anode manufacturers scavenging supply from the pre-existing market, and supply being shifted to anode production as it became more lucrative. But this is now changing, as demand from anode manufacturers starts to massively exceed total graphite production. He mentioned that China is also now a net importer of graphite due to local miners being unable to meet demand.

Also, the last two AGMs, MT has constantly hammered home just how difficult the quality assurance processes are for getting anode product approved by battery manufacturers, which serves as a daunting barrier to entry to competitors, but also means that once you're in, then you have both pricing power and the security of long-term contracts. And that while some anode producers are starting to take minority stakes in graphite mining companies, there is no other anode manufacturer that has 100% ownership of a resource, and none as pure as Vittangi

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Vigdorian

Regular
Do you think those milestones are in order ?
Historically with Talga , I often found that to be the case.

Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀
Some of you no longer visit Hot Crapper but here is a post I'm going to copy and paste from a poster called "HowYaGoin"

I think it is very significant especially the one on one with MT after the AGM.............

I also attended the AGM and will add my notes to the write up that @kmac has already done:

• MT and board further reiterated strong confidence in achieving becoming a multibillion dollar company in next few years.
  • Got shown a great video of inside of anode plant which isn't yet publicly available but will be released shortly. Customers apparently extremely impressed with the technological sophistication of Talga labs and anode plant. The Cambridge materials lab is soon getting a scanning electron microscope which will further enhance their ability to test and validate the materials they are developing.
  • MT very keen to do heaps more drilling to further prove the Vittangi resource, however recognises that is hard to justify with investor capital, so will pay for this out of cashflow once anode production gets underway.
  • UK-CSi study which, is looking at developing silicon anode using in-situ silicates from graphite ore that would otherwise end up as tailings. MT said he thinks this will be lowest cost, highest performance Si anode material in the world, but can't talk much about it until patents are achieved.
  • Commercial agreements
Q (after AGM, direct conversation with MT): Is the court decision on permitting in Jan next year binary? Or is there the chance they may request further information/studies and then delay decision until later in the year?
MT response: the decision will be pretty much binary, as all of the iterative processes of document/study requests, responses, feedback etc with the regulator will be complete by then. So the decision by the court will either be Yes or No, with the possibility of: Yes BUT apply control X. The decision can be appealed by either party. However in Talgas case, if the mine permit is approved but the Sami appeal against the decision, this does not delay works with regard to the site - Talga can operate under the conditions of the permit while the other party lodges their appeal.MT also mentioned that court verdict might not be issued until 6 weeks or so after the court hearing, for reasons i forget but something to do with the judicial process.
Q: why haven't we seen a boom in graphite prices like we have seen with lithium?
Mark says that the pre-existing market for graphite for industrial uses (e.g. as a concrete additive) has acted as a price-buffer, with anode manufacturers scavenging supply from the pre-existing market, and supply being shifted to anode production as it became more lucrative. But this is now changing, as demand from anode manufacturers starts to massively exceed total graphite production. He mentioned that China is also now a net importer of graphite due to local miners being unable to meet demand.

Also, the last two AGMs, MT has constantly hammered home just how difficult the quality assurance processes are for getting anode product approved by battery manufacturers, which serves as a daunting barrier to entry to competitors, but also means that once you're in, then you have both pricing power and the security of long-term contracts. And that while some anode producers are starting to take minority stakes in graphite mining companies, there is no other anode manufacturer that has 100% ownership of a resource, and none as pure as Vittangi
You can also find it on Reddit:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Semmel

Regular
Nice reporting on the AGM, thx to the users that reported and forwarded. :) We seem to be on a solid track here, whether we get the binding offtake or not, but it looks very positive on all fronts. My "open at 2€ / share" bottle of Rum is waiting patiently for the events to come. :)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users
Nice reporting on the AGM, thx to the users that reported and forwarded. :) We seem to be on a solid track here, whether we get the binding offtake or not, but it looks very positive on all fronts. My "open at 2€ / share" bottle of Rum is waiting patiently for the events to come. :)
It better be Bundaberg Rum 😜🥃

But yes straight ahead “foot to the floor “ but watch out for a few curves coming up

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

cosors

👀

• Commercial agreements

"...there is no other anode manufacturer that has 100% ownership of a resource, and none as pure as Vittangi"
you can also turn that around.
MT really seems to be going through with it. I am curious and keeping my fingers crossed for him. We have often assumed that partners can only get involved through project participation but not through ownership of the resource. Good for us and for him, but certainly not an easy negotiating position. I am impressed how far he has come. Maybe I even like the fact that we only get to know the bare essentials and that he just does his thing. Not nice for us but the success proves him right, or so it seems.

Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom