Sweden, home of TLGs graphite mine(s)

another nice impressive picture from the same page
View attachment 60986
đŸ„¶â›„
I can honestly say I have never seen a clump of trees covered in soooooo much snow even in a picture let alone real life LOL

Reactions: 3 users

cosors

👀
Reactions: 1 users

Semmel

Regular
I can honestly say I have never seen a clump of trees covered in soooooo much snow even in a picture let alone real life LOL

My favorite game is 'The Long Dark' which can be adequately described as a Canada simulator after civilization has ended. However, even there, with snow everywhere, its not like this. I have a lot of respect for the Sami that live in this climate. Unfortunately, they are throwing that chaos tantrum towards us, which makes it hard for me to actually express that feeling towards them.

Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
I can imagine that this is not unusual for the citizens of Norrbotten. The Swedish record for cold temperatures was recently broken in Vittangi. It was so cold that it even made the news in a major German newspaper.

cosors

👀
Visit Lulea!
👆😅 I was intuitively drawn there. I only ever think about food, my stomach growls.

1713337952973.jpeg

Tom's Sleddog Safaris​

cosors

👀
My favorite game is 'The Long Dark' which can be adequately described as a Canada simulator after civilization has ended. However, even there, with snow everywhere, its not like this. I have a lot of respect for the Sami that live in this climate. Unfortunately, they are throwing that chaos tantrum towards us, which makes it hard for me to actually express that feeling towards them.
1713338152522.jpeg

16 years in prison for murder in VittangiA 45-year-old man has been sentenced to 16 years in prison for murder in the village of Lainio outside Vittangi in Kiruna municipality, GĂ€llivare District Court has announced.

cosors

👀
1713338579305.png

Spring weather đŸ„¶

"Power back on in icy Puoltsa: "The happiness is great"​

The nearly 800 households in western Kiruna that were without power for several hours on Wednesday have now had their power restored, NSD reports.

Mats Sidmalm, living in a chilly Puoltsa where the temperature was as low as 41 degrees below zero, is happy that the power is back since 16:00.

- The happiness is great in the northern parts of the Kalix river valley.

The cold snap in northern Sweden has paralysed public transport. Both trains and buses are cancelled in several places in Norrbotten, writes TT.

- If you stand on these long lines, the buses cool down quite quickly. So it is simply for safety reasons, says Ingela Karlsson, acting CEO of LĂ€nstrafiken Norrbotten.

The local newspaper NSD urges residents to endure the cold. At the beginning of next week, temperatures can rise by 20 degrees in one day, the newspaper writes."

Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀
1713339102665.png

"Huge billions are being invested as industry and Hertsön in LuleĂ„ grow​

Between SEK 70 and 80 billion will be invested in LuleÄ Industrial Park.
On Hertsön there will be a new school, a new bathhouse and a new residential area. Large sums are involved when LuleÄ is now gearing up.

There are several industrial establishments that will take place in LuleÄ in the coming years. These include an artificial fertiliser factory and a battery anode factory at the Hertsö field.
LKAB is investing SEK 10 billion in an industrial park on Svartön and SSAB is making the transition ."

• Fire

cosors

👀
The picture reminds me of a bad car journey here in Germany in a low mountain range on the autobahn. It was snowing so heavily, as in the picture, and the snow was so sticky that everything was just white, the road, the crash barriers, all the signs, all the vegetation like trees and bushes - everything was just white. Absolutely no contours. I was driving slower than walking pace with the clutch grinding. Whenever the car started to lean and jerked a little, I knew that I had begun to left the road and I had to steer in the opposite direction. It took me hours to get out of there again and it was gradually getting dark.
Behind me was a queue of cars orientating themselves along my lane, like ducks in a row. I'll never forget that.

• Haha
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀
All those reindeer..................................not enough rifles................................LOL
LoL
I think as soon as it gets warm enough here to barbecue, in a month at the latest, I'll give reindeer meat a try. Just out of curiosity and without thinking about industry.

Semmel

Regular
  • Fire

cosors

👀
1713526759566.png

EU rules crucial for business​

LULEÅ The EU's regulations are important for Swedish export companies, and how the rules are applied in Sweden is also important. It was presented at an EU debate with four business representatives and four EU politicians in LuleĂ„ on Monday.
08 April 2024
Swedish Business organized a debate on the EU's future on the theme: "The green transition". The business representatives agreed that EU rules are important for companies' competitiveness and that the EU is a very important market. There was also concern that state aid had become increasingly common, something the EU was supposed to prevent.

How EU rules are applied in Sweden is also important, and that the permit processes are fast, predictable and transparent.

Per-Erik Lindvall, chairman of the board of Talga which wants to mine graphite in Vittangi and build a battery anode factory in LuleÄ, welcomed the EU's new Critical Raw Materials Act, but worried about how it will be implemented in Sweden.

- It enables faster processes, prioritized projects must be given a fast track. But it has not yet been implemented in Swedish legislation, says Per-Erik Lindvall.

According to Per-Erik Lindvall, it is also important to deal with China in a constructive way when it comes to the rules of the game for minerals. He also raised the most crucial question of all:

- The most important thing is to ensure that Ukraine wins the war, answered Per-Erik Lindvall when asked what is most important.

For SSAB, it is crucial that state aid does not destroy a fair market.

- We are interested in a fair market. We finance new steel mills in Oxelösund and LuleÄ with our own cash. Other actors in other countries receive state support, said Christina Friborg, director of sustainability at SSAB.

She received approval from the forestry company Holmen's CEO Henrik Sjölund:

- We should not have state aid in the EU. It is a competition in state aid right now.

Also participating was PiteĂ„-based Sunpines CEO David Öquist, who spoke of the EU as an important market for the company's products, which are renewable fuels made from residual products from the pulp industry.

Four politicians who are candidates in the EU elections on June 9 participated: Lisa NĂ„bo (S), Anna Maria Corazza Bildt (L), Emma Wiesner (C) and Tomas Brandberg (SD).

They commented on the input from the business representatives and debated goals and goal fulfillment, the EU's bureaucracy, that it is a problem that 27 member states have their own regulations, that state aid is a bad exception right now, that it is important that emissions trading is regulated and keeps the line, that it is often it is business that drives development.

- We politicians must keep up, said Anna Maria Corazza Bildt."

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Semmel

Regular
Indeed, it is not yet clear how the rules are implemented. For example whether the CRMA time limit includes the appeals or not. I don't think it can as it's a rather different legislative process. At this stage, we have spend almost as long in the appeal process as in the original permit. If the CRMA only applies to the original permit but does not include the appeal, it can help maybe 50%. Except if the appeals cannot block the development of the mine. Please remember that talga appealed the original decision that the mine development has to wait for the appeals to be finalized. THAT legislation probably can be changed. And I hope it will, for the sake of our expansion.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

brewm0re

Regular
Indeed, it is not yet clear how the rules are implemented. For example whether the CRMA time limit includes the appeals or not. I don't think it can as it's a rather different legislative process. At this stage, we have spend almost as long in the appeal process as in the original permit. If the CRMA only applies to the original permit but does not include the appeal, it can help maybe 50%. Except if the appeals cannot block the development of the mine. Please remember that talga appealed the original decision that the mine development has to wait for the appeals to be finalized. THAT legislation probably can be changed. And I hope it will, for the sake of our expansion.
Perhaps the EU and member states like Sweden could charge a hefty fee to appeal such decisions. And not be a free ride. That would be nice to discourage appellants wanting to send companies down the girgler and/or make it unprofitable/difficult to mine (not verbatim, but implied by the Orange lawyer in her silly post).

• Fire

cosors

👀
Yesterday the Talga Lulea team had a visit from politicians:

New model for social development: "The world is looking for the answer you have found"​

The Center Party's party leader Muharrem Demirok visited LuleÄ on Monday to meet some of the actors involved in the LuleÄ Industrial Park project, and he was impressed by what he heard:
"I get a little dizzy when I listen to you, it's such an extreme social transformation you're working on.

1713873004109.jpeg

Oskar Hederyd from LuleÄ Business Region talks about the plans to the Center Party's party leader Muharrem Demirok.

On hand to meet the party leader were Robert Eriksson, Project Manager LuleÄ Industrial Park, Oskar Hederyd, LuleÄ Business Region, Carl Wangel, SSAB, and David Högnelid, LKAB. The programme also included a visit to Talga's pilot plant.

During the visit to the House of Science, Demikrok was given a brief presentation by everyone on site about their respective parts of the project, but also how the whole fits together and that the entire value chain is necessary for everything to work.

"What you're doing is hugely impressive, it's several levels above normal. With a complexity that is so great that it is difficult to grasp. An extreme societal transformation is underway. This is where the state needs to step in more actively, for sure. It will take time, but it must be resolved politically so that it happens, says Muharrem Demirok.

David Högnelid talked about LKAB's journey, about how their iron ore is suitable for the production of fossil-free sponge iron via the HYBRIT project. But also about the new circular industrial park that will be built in LuleÄ to extract phosphorus for fertilizers and rare earth elements from the residual products of iron ore production.

Carl Wangel from SSAB joined the conversation and they both highlighted the importance of the Iron Ore Railway for the industrial system to function in the near future. That new investments and a major overhaul of how the agencies work are required to create faster processes that better meet today's needs.

1713873062225.jpeg

During his stay in LuleÄ, Demirok visited Talga's pilot plant. Pictured from left: Oskar Hederyd, LuleÄ Business Region, Arne NykÀnen, (C) group leader, Emma SjÀlin, Talga, Muharram Demirok, (C) party leader and Stefan Sandberg, Talga.

They also highlighted that the industries have taken initiatives to collaborate in new ways, where they want increased support from the state to find more solutions of the same caliber as the power distribution model that is now called the "LuleÄ model" where Svenska kraftnÀt after round-table discussions changed its way of working.

"The whole world is looking for the answer that you have found here, the green industrial transition," says Muharrem Demirok when he has received more facts about each industrial project's part in the whole, and continues:

"I understand that it all starts with the ore deposits. That the Ore Railway is a prerequisite. We've been in a situation now where we've been living on investments made 50 years ago or older. Now we need to make a major change. We need to raise the framework for the Swedish Transport Administration, quite simply free up more capital to catch up with the needs that exist. It has to happen throughout the country, we cannot continue to pit different projects against each other. There is so much to learn from you for the rest of the country, you are in the process of developing a completely new model for social development here."

FACTS

________
And I get dizzy when I look at party politics, election results and the government constellation, as well as the previous political history in Sweden. I just wanted to see whether this party leader is part of the opposition or the government. The former is the case.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

cosors

👀
And it goes on, maybe. This is about the battle between two building contractors and an administration that had lost control. Let's see if they have it back now.

"New contractor wins fourth tender
There have been many twists and turns in the procurement of a contractor for soil and pipework at HertsöfÀltet. A new decision was made on Monday. The question is whether it is the fourth time lucky?
View attachment 59904
Civil works nordic also won the fourth procurement of the ground and management contract at HertsöfÀltet in LuleÄ.

Civil works nordic (CWN), which is a subsidiary of BDX, also won the fourth procurement of the ground and management contract at HertsöfÀltet in LuleÄ. The question is whether it is the fourth time lucky or whether this decision will also be appealed - The legislation is as it is and we cannot guarantee that there will not be an appeal. It's up to the operators," says ..." rest behind PW
I'm at a loss for words for now. I need to catch my breath. Follow the posts to above to the whole picture of this disaster. Just crazy.

"Stop for contractor to the Hertsö field - for the fourth time​

Once again, LuleĂ„ municipality's procurement of a contractor for the Hertsö field is stopped. This means that work on setting up the new industrial area will be delayed.​

The project manager for LuleÄ Industripark, Robert Eriksson, states that the municipality will take back the procurement in order to conduct a new tender review.

According to the original schedule, which has broken down several times, the contractor awarded the contract for the Hertsö field should have started work in June last year. However, a series of appeals have thrown off the schedule. The municipality's tender has been appealed several times by the construction companies BDX and Nyab, which are competing to prepare the land for the Hertsö Field, part of Lulea.
..." rest behind PW

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow

anodepirate

Emerged
I'm at a loss for words for now. I need to catch my breath. Follow the posts to the above to the whole picture of this disaster. Just crazy.

"Stop for contractor to the Hertsö field - for the fourth time​

Once again, LuleĂ„ municipality's procurement of a contractor for the Hertsö field is stopped. This means that work on setting up the new industrial area will be delayed.​

The project manager for LuleÄ Industripark, Robert Eriksson, states that the municipality will take back the procurement in order to conduct a new tender review.

According to the original schedule, which has broken down several times, the contractor awarded the contract for the Hertsö field should have started work in June last year. However, a series of appeals have thrown off the schedule. The municipality's tender has been appealed several times by the construction companies BDX and Nyab, which are competing to prepare the land for the Hertsö Field, part of Lulea.
..." rest behind PW

Sweden at its best! (y)

• Sad

cosors

👀
Now read that again.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom