Is this an Akida?

Not cross promoting but AVA an asx listed company based in WA and has a deal with Indian defence and also connected to Australian defence through their CEO has developed Aura IQ.
This is copied from their website
FFT Aura IQ revolutionises conveyor health monitoring – using real-time data to enhance asset management, improve reliability and introduce exciting new predictive capabilities.

Conveyor systems play a crucial role in underpinning efficiency and ultimately profitability in bulk handling operations globally. Conveyor maintenance has traditionally been a real problem, with conventional methods of advanced conveyor failure detection often unreliable, subjective, time-consuming and labour intensive.
Now is this Akida?
My bad, I just did a quick read of their tech and it doesn't look like it's Akida. But what is obvious is their tech has just been made obsolete.

Reactions: 3 users

DUNJIN

There is a common trend occuring where a person will find a random neural network or AI related technology on the internet and share it here with the question:

"Is this Akida?"

Fair enough. That's what we are all here for - to expand our knowledge. We have our resident ogre and many others willing to analyse the product and dig into the underlying technologies, patents and research to better understand what makes it tick. To make it a bit more organized, I figured questions could go in this thread.

View attachment 676

To save time, usually it's a safe bet to start with the answer being, no, it's not Akida.

However, we know there is research and development occuring all over the place and there still might be a home for our favourite neuromorphic chip in an unlikely spot. To help, here are some common terms that you may find in the Akida habitat:
  • Digital spiking neural network
  • on-chip learning
  • one-shot learning
  • CNN-to-SNN
  • Akida
  • BrainChip
  • Neuromorphic
Not sure if this belongs here but check out this blokes credentials and his post on LinkedIn n

Attachments

• E3D24413-38E7-4A23-B464-92B511CD4C07.png
    E3D24413-38E7-4A23-B464-92B511CD4C07.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 99
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

DUNJIN

DUNJIN

Sorry guys, I’m technically incompetent. I’ll try again. He has a lot to say on LinkedIn about Brainchip.

Attachments

• 92ECD274-D5BD-459A-BE15-5220E741745C.jpeg
    92ECD274-D5BD-459A-BE15-5220E741745C.jpeg
    513.3 KB · Views: 120
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

Mt09

Regular
Sorry guys, I’m technically incompetent. I’ll try again. He has a lot to say on LinkedIn about Brainchip.
Works at Airbus defence and space

Attachments

• 3EBBE13D-4284-44E4-813A-6D7A35FD3268.png
    3EBBE13D-4284-44E4-813A-6D7A35FD3268.png
    271.3 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: 11 users

Yak52

Regular
Interesting Motorbike from DAMON.
mentions onboard neural net, scanning for dangers (same as ADAS) . LIDAR.
says with every ride both bike & rider learn from each other - becoming smarter.
Cloud connected (?) Ai connects you to mapping, live video feeds of your riding etc.
Predictive Ai can track up to 64 objects at one time.

while there is no NEED to connect AKIDA to cloud many applications will be connected and still using AKIDA so this makes this DAMON motorcycle
a real possibility.
Predictive Ai .......where have we heard that before? (remember if it walks, talks, looks and flys like a Duck!)

My take is a strong possibility of AKIDa and if not then..........IT DAMN WELL SHOULD HAVE AKIDA! Especially Akida 2000.

ps. Does 200 mph. Has my interest as I used to race superbikes! ;)

Yak52.

DAMON EV motorcycles.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users
Interesting Motorbike from DAMON.
mentions onboard neural net, scanning for dangers (same as ADAS) . LIDAR.
says with every ride both bike & rider learn from each other - becoming smarter.
Cloud connected (?) Ai connects you to mapping, live video feeds of your riding etc.
Predictive Ai can track up to 64 objects at one time.

while there is no NEED to connect AKIDA to cloud many applications will be connected and still using AKIDA so this makes this DAMON motorcycle
a real possibility.
Predictive Ai .......where have we heard that before? (remember if it walks, talks, looks and flys like a Duck!)

My take is a strong possibility of AKIDa and if not then..........IT DAMN WELL SHOULD HAVE AKIDA! Especially Akida 2000.

ps. Does 200 mph. Has my interest as I used to race superbikes! ;)

Yak52.

View attachment 986

From now on shall call you Troy LOL. (Is it Corser or Bayliss?)

SC

Reactions: 3 users
From now on shall call you Troy LOL. (Is it Corser or Bayliss?)

SC
By rhe way Yak, what did you ride and how long ago roughly. Decade will do

SC

Reactions: 1 users

GrandRhino

Founding Member
Hey folks,

I just saw Sony's new "Linkbuds" advertised and thought it would be good to get it clobbered by our ogre.
Any thoughts?

" In addition, deep neural network learning (DNN) and precise voice pickup technology..."

I can't find much other info so far.

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

JDelekto

Regular
While I have run across articles with Palantir having worked with Nvidia's technology, their "Palantir Edge AI" with a whitepaper dated this year, describes this platforms as:

Palantir Edge AI is Palantir's AI orchestration and sensor fusion engine that enables autonomous decision-making across edge devices and environments. Designed for situations where time and efficiency matter, it operates in low-bandwidth, low-power conditions — including on drones, aircraft, ships, robots, buildings, and satellites.

It seems upon reading the whitepaper that they don't mention specific technologies or processors used, but I get the impression that their platform can work with multiple vendors' products --both sensors and AI processors. It apparently can run on cloud infrastructure, on-premise GPU servers, or "Size, Weight, and Power (SWaP) optimized hardware."

That description was found in the section titled "Palantir Edge AI Technology Pillars" and the paragraph suspiciously ends with "Palantir Edge AI is built on the following technological pillars:" but listing nothing. It makes me wonder if they or Akida are working on an integration for this platform.

The whitepaper can be found here.

Reactions: 7 users

butcherano

Regular
Ok…my first crack at a “is this an Akida?” post.

This is a hardware-enabled AI cybersecurity application by a company called Axiado Corporation.

Axiado don’t have any patents relating to the AI component - https://patents.justia.com/assignee/axiado-corp

And in an interview by Sally Ward-Foxton (who has also covered Brainchip before), it was confirmed by Axiado’s CEO and President that they have licensed the AI accelerator IP from an unnamed supplier!

https://www.eetasia.com/ai-chip-startup-axiado-closes-another-funding-round/

Extract from this article here and further info about Axiado below.

1645404984685.png

1645405014718.png

1645405029229.png

• Fire
Reactions: 28 users

This is a hardware-enabled AI cybersecurity application by a company called Axiado Corporation.

Axiado don’t have any patents relating to the AI component - https://patents.justia.com/assignee/axiado-corp

And in an interview by Sally Ward-Foxton (who has also covered Brainchip before), it was confirmed by Axiado’s CEO and President that they have licensed the AI accelerator IP from an unnamed supplier!

View attachment 1478

View attachment 1479
View attachment 1480
Decent effort and sounds promising. Something else that makes it more convincing that you might have missed is the last sentence where the models are updated “in field”

Reactions: 12 users

Diogenese

Top 20

View attachment 1478

View attachment 1479
View attachment 1480

Hi butcherano,

Great sleuthing.

The similarities between the licensed IP and Akida's cybersecurity characteristics is remarkable:

"Accelerator IP was licensed from a supplier"

Axiado

Redefining firmware security

September 16, 2021 Derek Chamorro and Gopi Sirineni

A review of potentially unaddressed vectors inherent in current platforms and a look at a potential solution for preventing firmware attacks and elevating platform security based on a trusted control/compute unit security processor.

Redefining firmware security - Embedded.com

The TCU includes a secure AI technology featuring a dedicated neural network processor (NNP) subsystem designed to model the normal behavior of the device, and thus, to identify anomalies that might indicate the presence of an attack. This makes it possible to enact any necessary countermeasures to protect the system prior to attacks, including those not formally identified. Furthermore, the NNP has connections to various I/Os of the device, so it can model the normal behavior and identify anomalies of the server platform at large, expanding the TCU’s protective radius against hacking attempts.

BrainChip
CyberSecurity - BrainChip (brainchipinc.com)

Eliminating human security vulnerabilities

With the Akida Platform, cybersecurity systems can learn and analyze each pattern of your behavior from typical Internet activity to typing and scrolling speed. Any behavior which stands out from your standard pattern will be flagged and countermeasures will be deployed in real-time to ensure an optimal reaction to ongoing cyberattacks.

For organizations, this would mean eliminating the human aspect of security risk entirely as it would develop a behavior profile for each employee and prevent any malicious intent

If it is Akida, how much of the IP is attributable to Democritus University of Thrace is another question.

Business news | October 5, 2018
BrainChip will license cybersecurity technology from the Democritus University of Thrace in Greece, and also get researchers support to port it to the Akida Development Environment

https://www.eenewsanalog.com/en/brainchip-licenses-cybersecurity-technology/

• Fire
Reactions: 23 users

butcherano

Regular
Hi butcherano,

Great sleuthing.

The similarities between the licensed IP and Akida's cybersecurity characteristics is remarkable:

"Accelerator IP was licensed from a supplier"

Axiado

Redefining firmware security

September 16, 2021 Derek Chamorro and Gopi Sirineni

A review of potentially unaddressed vectors inherent in current platforms and a look at a potential solution for preventing firmware attacks and elevating platform security based on a trusted control/compute unit security processor.

Redefining firmware security - Embedded.com

The TCU includes a secure AI technology featuring a dedicated neural network processor (NNP) subsystem designed to model the normal behavior of the device, and thus, to identify anomalies that might indicate the presence of an attack. This makes it possible to enact any necessary countermeasures to protect the system prior to attacks, including those not formally identified. Furthermore, the NNP has connections to various I/Os of the device, so it can model the normal behavior and identify anomalies of the server platform at large, expanding the TCU’s protective radius against hacking attempts.

BrainChip
CyberSecurity - BrainChip (brainchipinc.com)

Eliminating human security vulnerabilities

With the Akida Platform, cybersecurity systems can learn and analyze each pattern of your behavior from typical Internet activity to typing and scrolling speed. Any behavior which stands out from your standard pattern will be flagged and countermeasures will be deployed in real-time to ensure an optimal reaction to ongoing cyberattacks.

For organizations, this would mean eliminating the human aspect of security risk entirely as it would develop a behavior profile for each employee and prevent any malicious intent

If it is Akida, how much of the IP is attributable to Democritus University of Thrace is another question.

Business news | October 5, 2018
BrainChip will license cybersecurity technology from the Democritus University of Thrace in Greece, and also get researchers support to port it to the Akida Development Environment

https://www.eenewsanalog.com/en/brainchip-licenses-cybersecurity-technology/
Cheers @Diogenese. Definitely looks promising. They look like they're building a really strong team too. And production tape out is this quarter so you'd think we would have to hear something soon if it is Akida.

Am still looking for a direct link as to how they would have come across Brainchip. The only thing I could find so far is that Raghu Kondapalli (Vice President, Architecture at Axiado) was working at Marvell for 4 years at the same time as Thao Tran (Senior Design Engineer at Brainchip).

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Quatrojos

Regular

...driven by the philosophy of “human-centered automation,” the azbil Group strives to utilize technologies to realize safety, comfort, and fulfilment in people’s lives while contributing to the global environment. Through business activities that are contributing “in series” to the achievement of a sustainable society, the Group will help resolve social issues and create unique value.

Azbil’s comprehensive solutions range from the manufacturing of devices that use IoT, cloud computing and other advanced technologies to the development of intelligent building management systems. With the digital drive into smart cities, Azbil’s use of artificial intelligence, machine learning and big data analytics will revolutionise the way society will interact and operate.

Akida inside Telstar Japan? Because these guys seem to be showcasing Vorago's silicon within their new product at Space Tech Expo...

I've rehashed this and stuck it into this thread to encourage the super-sleuths...

Reactions: 6 users

...driven by the philosophy of “human-centered automation,” the azbil Group strives to utilize technologies to realize safety, comfort, and fulfilment in people’s lives while contributing to the global environment. Through business activities that are contributing “in series” to the achievement of a sustainable society, the Group will help resolve social issues and create unique value.

Azbil’s comprehensive solutions range from the manufacturing of devices that use IoT, cloud computing and other advanced technologies to the development of intelligent building management systems. With the digital drive into smart cities, Azbil’s use of artificial intelligence, machine learning and big data analytics will revolutionise the way society will interact and operate.

Akida inside Telstar Japan? Because these guys seem to be showcasing Vorago's silicon within their new product at Space Tech Expo...

I've rehashed this and stuck it into this thread to encourage the super-sleuths...
The Axiado company Has a centre in Hyderabad which is interesting as we also have a reasearch centre there. I checked google maps and they aren’t far away.

Also a member of their advisory board is the Vice President of reasearch and advanced development at AMD so you can beat that if it is our IP AMD are getting a first hand look at it to.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 14 users
The Axiado company Has a centre in Hyderabad which is interesting as we also have a reasearch centre there. I checked google maps and they aren’t far away.

Also a member of their advisory board is the Vice President of reasearch and advanced development at AMD so you can beat that if it is our IP AMD are getting a first hand look at it to.
Here is a little add on the CEO of AXIADO is Mr. Gopisirineni. He is a member of the Silicon Valley CEO Network with Brainchip's CEO Sean Hehir.

Mr. Gopisirineni worked at Qualcomm for eight years up to 2020 in the role of:

Vice President - creator of Wi-Fi SON, a Network AI based mesh technology​

In the Brainchip September, 2017 Quarterly the following table was presented by the former CEO Mr. Dinardo:

Leading Companies Citing BrainChip Patent
8,250,011 Cites
IBM 17
Qualcomm 14
Samsung Electronics 1
Postech Foundation 1
Hewlett Packard 1
HrLLaboratories 1

This is Mr. Gopisirineni's LinkedIn Account:

Mr. Gopisirineni left Qualcomm to in effect start up AXIADO to herald in a new age of Ai based cybersecurity.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 30 users

ChipMan

Founding Member
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Here is a little add on the CEO of AXIADO is Mr. Gopisirineni. He is a member of the Silicon Valley CEO Network with Brainchip's CEO Sean Hehir.

In the Brainchip September, 2017 Quarterly the following table was presented by the former CEO Mr. Dinardo:

8,250,011 Cites
IBM 17
Qualcomm 14
Samsung Electronics 1
Postech Foundation 1
Hewlett Packard 1
HrLLaboratories 1

Mr. Gopisirineni left Qualcomm to in effect start up AXIADO to herald in a new age of Ai based cybersecurity.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Who remembers when the IPAU (Australian Patent Office) Sydney office was in a dingy basement in George St near Circular Quay where the sunlight struggled fitfully and faintly and the foetid air and gritty from the dusty dirty city from the lead-fueled motor horses ... , and a patent search consisted of thumbing through a battleship grey 4-hole, cloth hinged binder of abstracts, and you could Xerox the relevant abstracts? At least they were in order of the Australian Patent Classification order. I'm sure Dickens would have been comfortable there.

Then they moved to York St, and the records were on microfilm reels which you could scroll through on a lightbox reader.

A patent search could occupy a whole day with two smokos and a lunch break.

Ah! The good old days.

Tell that to the young people today ...

LUXURY!

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 17 users

8,250,011 Cites
IBM 17
Qualcomm 14
Samsung Electronics 1
Postech Foundation 1
Hewlett Packard 1
HrLLaboratories 1

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
We also had a joint marketing partnership with Qualcomm since around that time.

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom