BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
He-he-he! Yes, I uncrossed my eyes for a split second and discovered I had typed “ties” instead of “toes”, so I edited my post. Note to self: no typing when eyes are crossed.
Now that you've corrected it, everyone thinks I've been drinking again - well they're wrong - it's not "again", it's "still".

• Haha
Reactions: 23 users
Pretty sure probs posted before but if not....from the Valeo site mid last month.

If I'm not mistaken, Akida does 3D point cloud from memory and definitely AI perception, so who knows...maybe just maybe at CES 24 I hope :unsure:

VALEO GROUP | 16 NOV, 2023 | 7 MIN

Valeo SCALA 3 LiDAR (Light Detection & Ranging) receives prestigious CES 2024 Innovation Award​

Valeo is proud to announce that our SCALA 3 LiDAR is a CES 2024 Innovation Award honoree in the category "Vehicle Tech & Advanced Mobility".

As the industry recognises the key role of LiDAR technology in the development of autonomous mobility, this award acknowledges once again Valeo’s leading role as a pioneer in bringing this technology to the automotive industry and in producing it at scale.
SCALA 3, Valeo’s 3rd generation LiDAR perception system, offers an automotive-grade high resolution LiDAR (Light Detection & Ranging) sensor, allowing advanced perception in all conditions meeting the highest automotive industry quality and safety standards. SCALA 3 high-density point cloud and associated AI-based perception software enables high-speed autonomous driving on highways in a wider range of conditions, dramatically increasing the end-user value of Level 3 systems through a large extension of their domain of operation and the scalability of Level 4 robotaxi fleet.
Valeo’s capability to deliver on its promises is recognised by clients around the world. Valeo LiDAR equips the only Level 3 passenger cars authorized in Europe, and we have announced in March 2023 orders over the past 18 months worth more than 1 billion euros for Valeo SCALA 3. Valeo, the global leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), was the first, and remains the leading company, in the production of automotive LiDAR sensors and perception software on an industrial scale for Level 3 autonomous driving.
At CES 2024 from Jan. 8 to 12, Valeo will present at its booth its awards winning SCALA 3 LiDAR and, for the first time, will give visitors the opportunity to experience and learn more about our AI-based perception software and how it helps classify objects identified by the LiDAR in the Point Cloud.
Marc Vrecko, President of Valeo Comfort and Driving Assistance explains “Valeo has been among the first actors of the automotive industry to believe in LiDAR’s role as the keystone of autonomous mobility. We are honored to receive a CES 2024 Innovation Award that recognises our vision and technological leadership. Today, as most automakers work on bringing Level 3 autonomy to the market, we are ready to support them with our best-in-class technology. After more than 10 years of development and more than five years of production, our LiDAR is already in use on vehicles around the world, contributing significantly to the enhanced safety of road users as well as to offering a great step forward in the development of automated mobility. Valeo is a partner in the innovation being deployed worldwide and is today the only company able to offer both a LiDAR technology with outstanding performance and a unique capability to produce automotive grade LiDAR systems at scale.
Though, to temper expectations I've found this project via Adante.ai which involved Valeo, GML and CEA on neuromorphic.

Not sure of date, can't find one yet, but we know we were at least loosely connected to CEA (Leti?) via some other neuromorphic projects from mem.

Use Case 3.3: 3D Object Detection and Classification of Road Users based on LiDAR and camera​

Transport and Smart Mobility
The process of perception in self-driving cars uses a combination of different sensors to perceive and model the environment around the vehicle, in real-time. Perception in self-driving cars is crucial to the following operation modules. For example, actions like breaking are derived from it. Sensors like cameras, radars and LiDARS are used for the environmental modelling around the car. Using and processing this data, software systems based on neural networks act as the ‘brain’ of the vehicle. The related hardware, in the current AI solutions, is based on powerful and highly power-hungry GPUs, which is not suitable for smart sensors or central domain controllers that need to fuse several input streams (need for multiple chips). Therefore, this use case also will permit to investigates how much it is possible to reduce the overall power consumption with neuromorphic chip computing and in parallel keeping the same detection performance and an improved latency as compared to other conventional chips with higher power consumption as mentioned before.
Valeo, in collaboration with CEA and GML, works to demonstrate how neuromorphic chip computing can be applied in the perception stack for autonomous driving using LiDAR and camera neural network tasks on 3D object detection and classification of road users.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Yes, please!!!

Ban short-selling in the ‘national interest’, Chalice boss pleads

Peter Ker
Resources reporter
Updated Dec 20, 2023 – 1.12pm,

EXTRACT ONLY

Chalice Mining chief executive Alex Dorsch claimed short-selling of critical minerals stocks should be banned “in the national interest” to ensure “geopolitical opponents” cannot hold back the development of Australian mines.

His plea to replicate a similar ban adopted by South Korea’s regulator in November, which was met with consternation from market participants, follows Chalice shares falling 72.9 per cent this year after the company disappointed the market with the results of a scoping study into its Gonneville project north of Perth.

Chalice Mining major backer Tim Goyder (left) and chief executive Alex Dorsch. Trevor Collens

Chalice has found a critical minerals cluster that contains palladium, platinum, nickel, copper, cobalt and gold. It will need to raise close to $2 billion to build the mine at Gonneville, making it a prime target for hedge funds given its reliance on the capital markets for funding.

Chalice has 5.9 per cent of its register in the hands of short-sellers, according to the latest data from the market regulator. Five of the top-10 biggest ASX hedge fund targets are critical minerals producers and hopefuls.

Mr Dorsch said South Korea had taken “exactly the right approach”.

He said short-selling could help create an efficient market for mature, revenue generating companies, but pre-revenue companies needed more protection from market forces.

“There really is no place for it in the critical minerals space or any sort of growth businesses where you are trying to do something very much in the national interest,” he said. “By allowing short selling you are just allowing your geopolitical opponents to restrict and basically put barriers to entry up to those newer growth players.

“If you allow short selling of those types of pre-revenue companies you are disincentivising entrepreneurialism, you are stymying people who are trying to grow real businesses, people who are trying to create economic wealth and strategically important projects and sources of revenue for the country.”

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 57 users

rgupta

Regular
Posts like the above make me wonder.

Why does Renesas use something on an ARM chip, that we supposedly can do, with "one-shot learning", power efficiency and everything else we are the best at? They had to use 30 million images to train their models (if I remember the number correctly).

Aren't we partners with both these companies? So....

- Are we too expensive?
- Too hard to work with?
- Not where we claim to be in the real world?
- Is this the proof in a roundabout way why nothing has kicked off in full flight yet?

Lots of questions... happy to have someone explain this to me without the usual belittling or being called downramper or whatever else the flavour of the week is.
Renasas need not share with the market even if they used our IP in a product. They can say in home developments and brainchip is happy with the royalties only.

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users
Hi FACT FINDER,

Thank you very much for your time.

Those are the facts indeed (or should it be FACTS :p). However, to me, this does not address my question as to why they are not using us. I did not mention that they all collectively stated that AKIDA would be used. I simply asked why are they using something else, which requires 30 million plus images to train, when we supposedly can do this as a one-shot.

I am just trying to understand that if we are so superior then how come, known partners are not even using us...
Hi FL
There are probably a host of reasons based on FACTS and logic that could be applied to address this question before leaping to the conclusion you are suggesting.

For example firstly we know the following:

1. Edge Impulse and BrainChip Partner to Further AI Development with Support for the Akida platform

edgeimpulse.com (PRNewsfoto/Edge Impulse)

NEWS PROVIDED BY
Edge Impulse
03 Jan, 2023, 08:00 ET

SHARE THIS ARTICLE​

SAN JOSE, Calif., Jan. 3, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Edge Impulse announced today official support for BrainChip's neural processor AI IP, making BrainChip the first strategic IP partner on the Edge Impulse platform. This integration will enable users to leverage the power of Edge Impulse's machine learning platform, combined with the high-performance neural processing capabilities of BrainChip's Akida™ to develop and deploy powerful edge-based solutions.
Among the products supported by Edge Impulse is BrainChip's AKD1000 SoC, the first available device with Akida IP for developers. This comes with a BrainChip Akida PCIe reference board, which can be plugged into a developer's existing system to unlock capabilities for a wide array of edge AI use cases, including Automotive, Consumer, Home, and Industrial applications.
The Akida IP platform provides low-power, high-performance edge AI acceleration, designed to enable real-time machine learning inferencing on-device. Based on neuromorphic principles that mimic the brain, Akida supports today's models and workloads while future-proofing for emerging trends in efficient AI. Now devices with the Akida IP supported by Edge Impulse can enable users to sample raw data, build models, and deploy trained embedded machine learning models directly from Edge Impulse Studio to create the next generation of low-power, high-performance ML applications.
"This integration will provide users with a powerful and easy-to-use solution for building and deploying machine learning models on the edge," said Zach Shelby, co-founder and CEO of Edge Impulse. "We look forward to seeing what our users will create with BrainChip's AI offering."
"BrainChip's goal is to push the limits of on-chip AI compute to extremely energy-constrained sensor devices, the kind of performance that is only available in much higher power systems." said Sean Hehir, BrainChip's CEO. "Having our Akida IP supported and implemented into the Edge Impulse platform helps ensure that developers are able to deploy ML solutions quickly and easily to create a much more capable, innovative, and truly intelligent edge."
Edge Impulse and BrainChip have an established relationship, previously announcing cross-platform support, including support for deploying Edge Impulse projects on the BrainChip MetaTF platform. Some of the features in which the user community can leverage include:

• BrainChip's transfer learning block on Edge Impulse design studio
  • Quantization Aware Training (QAT)
  • The introduction of FOMO for BrainChip's Akida
  • Generation of BrainChip's compatible Edge Learning Models
  • No-code binary generation for quick AKD1000 deployment
  • Performance metrics for model profiling
The ongoing combination of BrainChip's Akida technology and Edge Impulse's platform, tools, and services will allow customers to achieve their ML objectives with fast and efficient development cycles to get to market quicker and achieve a competitive advantage."

Secondly we know that Nvidia think so highly of the Edge Impulse platform and how easy it makes it for developers to implement they have become a partner and allow full access to their software platform for this purpose.

Thirdly we know unlike Governments companies like Renesas have corporate plans stretching 5, 10, 15 years into the future which they implement and it is not logical to expect that their corporate plan to implement AKIDA in a low end MCU is going to be changed overnight when we have evidence that they have been following that plan since at least 2000 through to November, 2022 into 2023.

Finally we all know that multiple analysts, companies, research engineers and scientists have test AKIDA technology and come to the same conclusion that Edge Impulse has in particular Tata Consulting Group and Tata Elxsi.

I know that we have a range of people on this site and accordingly a range of views but to ignore all the above primary evidence and leap straight to your conclusion that because you are not being told by Renesas what its corporate plans are that it could actually mean that AKIDA technology is a dog just 'does not compute' as a famous robot from Lost in Space used to say.

Your statement that 'known partners are not using us' is of course incorrect as you would well know so I assume this is one of those emotional statements that we dismiss when our partners are making a point.

You are however not my partner and I am an investor in Brainchip as apparently you are so why are you prepared to make this statement which if accepted by casual readers of this site may influence their opinion of Brainchip and its technology?

As I have taken the time to address your questions I would like you to address my question now even if your answer is I did not really mean that I was just being emotional and exaggerating.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 46 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Hi FL
There are probably a host of reasons based on FACTS and logic that could be applied to address this question before leaping to the conclusion you are suggesting.

1. Edge Impulse and BrainChip Partner to Further AI Development with Support for the Akida platform

NEWS PROVIDED BY
Edge Impulse

SHARE THIS ARTICLE​

SAN JOSE, Calif., Jan. 3, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Edge Impulse announced today official support for BrainChip's neural processor AI IP, making BrainChip the first strategic IP partner on the Edge Impulse platform. This integration will enable users to leverage the power of Edge Impulse's machine learning platform, combined with the high-performance neural processing capabilities of BrainChip's Akida™ to develop and deploy powerful edge-based solutions.
Among the products supported by Edge Impulse is BrainChip's AKD1000 SoC, the first available device with Akida IP for developers. This comes with a BrainChip Akida PCIe reference board, which can be plugged into a developer's existing system to unlock capabilities for a wide array of edge AI use cases, including Automotive, Consumer, Home, and Industrial applications.
The Akida IP platform provides low-power, high-performance edge AI acceleration, designed to enable real-time machine learning inferencing on-device. Based on neuromorphic principles that mimic the brain, Akida supports today's models and workloads while future-proofing for emerging trends in efficient AI. Now devices with the Akida IP supported by Edge Impulse can enable users to sample raw data, build models, and deploy trained embedded machine learning models directly from Edge Impulse Studio to create the next generation of low-power, high-performance ML applications.
"This integration will provide users with a powerful and easy-to-use solution for building and deploying machine learning models on the edge," said Zach Shelby, co-founder and CEO of Edge Impulse. "We look forward to seeing what our users will create with BrainChip's AI offering."
"BrainChip's goal is to push the limits of on-chip AI compute to extremely energy-constrained sensor devices, the kind of performance that is only available in much higher power systems." said Sean Hehir, BrainChip's CEO. "Having our Akida IP supported and implemented into the Edge Impulse platform helps ensure that developers are able to deploy ML solutions quickly and easily to create a much more capable, innovative, and truly intelligent edge."
Edge Impulse and BrainChip have an established relationship, previously announcing cross-platform support, including support for deploying Edge Impulse projects on the BrainChip MetaTF platform. Some of the features in which the user community can leverage include:

The ongoing combination of BrainChip's Akida technology and Edge Impulse's platform, tools, and services will allow customers to achieve their ML objectives with fast and efficient development cycles to get to market quicker and achieve a competitive advantage."

Secondly we know that Nvidia think so highly of the Edge Impulse platform and how easy it makes it for developers to implement they have become a partner and allow full access to their software platform for this purpose.

Thirdly we know unlike Governments companies like Renesas have corporate plans stretching 5, 10, 15 years into the future which they implement and it is not logical to expect that their corporate plan to implement AKIDA in a low end MCU is going to be changed overnight when we have evidence that they have been following that plan since at least 2000 through to November, 2022 into 2023.

Finally we all know that multiple analysts, companies, research engineers and scientists have test AKIDA technology and come to the same conclusion that Edge Impulse has in particular Tata Consulting Group and Tata Elxsi.

I know that we have a range of people on this site and accordingly a range of views but to ignore all the above primary evidence and leap straight to your conclusion that because you are not being told by Renesas what its corporate plans are that it could actually mean that AKIDA technology is a dog just 'does not compute' as a famous robot from Lost in Space used to say.

Your statement that 'known partners are not using us' is of course incorrect as you would well know so I assume this is one of those emotional statements that we dismiss when our partners are making a point.

You are however not my partner and I am an investor in Brainchip as apparently you are so why are you prepared to make this statement which if accepted by casual readers of this site may influence their opinion of Brainchip and its technology?

As I have taken the time to address your questions I would like you to address my question now even if your answer is I did not really mean that I was just being emotional and exaggerating.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

It's painful to see that this needs to be pointed out...

eyeroll-eye.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users
Hi FL

NEWS PROVIDED BY
Edge Impulse

SHARE THIS ARTICLE​

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
I am sorry... my voice nor my intellect would reach the heights of the equine upon which you are seated...

Enjoy and good luck to all of us... I for one, uninformed and all, think we need it!

/FL.

• Haha
Renasas need not share with the market even if they used our IP in a product. They can say in home developments and brainchip is happy with the royalties only.
oh yes... all the royalties all the many many many royalties :)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I am sorry... my voice nor my intellect would reach the heights of the equine upon which you are seated...

Enjoy and good luck to all of us... I for one, uninformed and all, think we need it!

/FL.
Thank you for not answering my question as my long lingering doubts regarding your motivations are no longer doubts.

Perhaps you would be best served by working with T&J on HC as he needs a break.

My opinion only DYOR
FACT FINDER

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 46 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

/FL.
tenor-13.gif

Cause i know you love gifs

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Thank you for not answering my question as my long lingering doubts regarding your motivations are no longer doubts.

Perhaps you would be best served by working with T&J on HC as he needs a break.

My opinion only DYOR
FACT FINDER
Long lingering doubts.... hilarious, given we have had no real interactions. But sure sure... Enjoy the view ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Apologies if posted already, posted by wevolver 22hrs ago

Screenshot_20231220_133506_LinkedIn.jpg
Screenshot_20231220_134100_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 53 users

Rach2512

Regular
Does anyone know how many banking days are left before CES starts or maybe even the week before as Brainchip mentions there's news to come leading up to the event. I'm just wondering how many days the shorts have left before things get really exciting. Do you think the shorters are sweating a bit, how many shares do they have outstanding, I notice the volume is really low. I'm not even a trader just a regular mum and even I can see how great Brainchip will be, well maybe not the full picture, but I think we can all agree, bloody huge. Happy Christmas everyone. Love to all the GLTH.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 41 users
Morning Chippers ,

Would be a good source of funding for us.

Regards,
Esq
Have you made the Company aware of this Esq?

"The Pentagon plans to award up to $280 million next year for Microelectronics Commons projects, according to a press release. Funding for the program supports six technology areas: secure edge and Internet of Things computing; 5G and 6G; AI hardware; quantum; electromagnetic warfare; and “leap-ahead” commercial technologies"

We strongly fit 4 out of the 6 technology criteria.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 18 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Afternoon DingBorat ,

No is the short answer.. feel free to beam it through & thankyou.

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users
Yes, please!!!

Ban short-selling in the ‘national interest’, Chalice boss pleads

Peter Ker
Resources reporter
Updated Dec 20, 2023 – 1.12pm,

EXTRACT ONLY

Chalice Mining chief executive Alex Dorsch claimed short-selling of critical minerals stocks should be banned “in the national interest” to ensure “geopolitical opponents” cannot hold back the development of Australian mines.

His plea to replicate a similar ban adopted by South Korea’s regulator in November, which was met with consternation from market participants, follows Chalice shares falling 72.9 per cent this year after the company disappointed the market with the results of a scoping study into its Gonneville project north of Perth.

Chalice Mining major backer Tim Goyder (left) and chief executive Alex Dorsch. Trevor Collens

Chalice has found a critical minerals cluster that contains palladium, platinum, nickel, copper, cobalt and gold. It will need to raise close to $2 billion to build the mine at Gonneville, making it a prime target for hedge funds given its reliance on the capital markets for funding.

Chalice has 5.9 per cent of its register in the hands of short-sellers, according to the latest data from the market regulator. Five of the top-10 biggest ASX hedge fund targets are critical minerals producers and hopefuls.

Mr Dorsch said South Korea had taken “exactly the right approach”.

He said short-selling could help create an efficient market for mature, revenue generating companies, but pre-revenue companies needed more protection from market forces.

“There really is no place for it in the critical minerals space or any sort of growth businesses where you are trying to do something very much in the national interest,” he said. “By allowing short selling you are just allowing your geopolitical opponents to restrict and basically put barriers to entry up to those newer growth players.

“If you allow short selling of those types of pre-revenue companies you are disincentivising entrepreneurialism, you are stymying people who are trying to grow real businesses, people who are trying to create economic wealth and strategically important projects and sources of revenue for the country.”
I Love this whole bit!

It is completely true, it's like giving a young tree some protection, or a baby animal etc..

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
DingoBorat ,

Free Digital Beer on me ....🍺 , I'm presently drinking the original.

Modern marvel this day an age with digital twins ..... can see why the big end of town are embracing such technology.

😄,

Regards,
Esq

• Haha
  • Thinking

Deena

Regular
Yeah, he said "IF" which is all we ever get to be honest ;) IF we'd go to the moon with BRN Bus we'd all be rich... Instead, we are 78% down this year alone...
To clarify, we finished last FINANCIAL year at 36.5 ... currently about 18.5 cents. BRN is therefore down just over 49% in the financial year. I assume you are speaking calendar year.

It will be very interesting (but not critical) to see what we finish the financial year, at especially if some of the long awaited for income starts to flow.
Cheers, Deena

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users
DingoBorat ,

Free Digital Beer on me ....🍺 , I'm presently drinking the original.

Modern marvel this day an age with digital twins ..... can see why the big end of town are embracing such technology.

😄,

Regards,
Esq
Sounds like Bitcoin to me..
It has value but no substance 😛

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom