BRN Discussion Ongoing

Tony Coles

Regular
Interesting comment there TECH about companies wanting to see Akida in action. Though there was plenty of demo's by Brainchip & Partners to show it in action.
Netherless I have thought for several years that BrainChip needed its "own" marketed product as an example rather than just the Chip & IP only.
Something simple which would display the obvious advantages, be usable and desirable to buy. Maybe a small drone or toy?
The purpose is not to make a revenue beating product but just to get into the hands of the common people in a real life application that can also give Brainchip market exposure and be an engineering example.
Just my thoughts anyway. :rolleyes:

ON another note.............SHORTS HAVE DRPPED OFF THIS WEEK!

YES....FINALLY! Who noticed that on 21st tuesday there were only - 174,000 SHORTS taken out? Lowest since .....??? years?
And yesterday 22nd Wed only ............434,000 SHORTS taken out.

Says that Shorters believe we have hit a bottom, that good news is inbound, and they are worried about taking new shorts out and the SP ..NOT DROPPING to facilitate a profit!!! Hmmm.

Good luck to all with our next price sensitive ASX announcement (report).

Yak52 :cool:
Hi Yak52, but the shorts activity have increased, click on the link below 👇 around 120 million down from 124 million recently, are the shorters trying to bring the share price even lower… This is getting ridiculous now!

Attachments

• 4CADFE85-55A2-4B26-A571-2122FE9F5282.png
    4CADFE85-55A2-4B26-A571-2122FE9F5282.png
    345.7 KB · Views: 125
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Tony Coles

Regular

Attachments

• 33C016EA-33CD-4D5F-B1CC-C727DE200EDC.png
    33C016EA-33CD-4D5F-B1CC-C727DE200EDC.png
    345.7 KB · Views: 118
Reactions: 5 users

Quiltman

Regular
html[/URL]

Oh my god how nice it is again to read this forum, job well done cleaning up.

Can someone explain to me how the upcoming report could be a huge? Any revenue would have been disclosed in the 4C in January no? Or will this report cover sales/revenue from January, or is it what developments might be reported by management that could potentially be price sensitive? Nevertheless I am loosing sleep due to excitement :)
My very basic understanding

Very briefly, 4C's are about cash flow.
So it's money received , which does not equal sales.

When I was consulting to Reckitt Benckiser they had a default 150 day payment terms.
So in this case, if the sale was made ( invoice raised ) on the 15/12/22, the sale will appear as revenue in the Annual Report, but the $'s attached to the invoice wouldn't appear until May 2023, ie the 4C quarterly reported at end of July.

So fingers crossed the Annual Report shows revenue as yet unseen to wobbly knee shareholders.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users
Hoping good things can come from this!

Hassan-Haick:
It is an immense privilege for me to serve as the #coordinator of the highly ambitious #LUCIA’s Horizon Europe Project. The venture encompasses a consortium of 22 partners from 9 different countries who have been granted 14.6 million Euros by the #horizoneurope organization. The #consortium’s goal is to improve the #lungcancer , #screening , #earlydetection and management of lung cancer by in depth study of risk factors from exposure to individual biology, in order to improve prevention strategies, provide policy recommendations, help implementing screening programs, improving diagnosis and enable #precisionmedicine approaches.

Every thirty seconds, someone, somewhere in the world, dies of lung cancer, making this disease the deadliest in terms of the number of lives it claims. The average 5-year survival rate is presently 17% for men and 24% for women. Although smoking is considered a significant risk factor for this disease, lung cancer often also occurs among nonsmokers. Accordingly, the consortium will work on identifying all risk factors and on developing new methods for the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of the disease.

At the beginning of February, my team hosted the #kickoffmeeting meeting for LUCIA – an international project and consortium supported by the Horizon Europe Program. The two-day event was attended by sixty experts from Israel and several EU countries.

The consortium is headed by myself and the members of my research group. Dr. Yoav Broza serves as the project manager, Mrs. Liat Tzuri serves as the administrative manager, and Mr. Walaa Saliba serves as the laboratory manager.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Tothemoon24

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Tothemoon24

Regular
Nokia-Microsoft-Teams-IoT-PR-hero.jpg

NOKIA

Nokia bolsters mission-critical industrial edge capabilities​

Comms tech provider bolsters MX Industrial Edge to support the increasing processing needs of Industry 4.0, and unlock future business-critical AI and machine learning OT use cases​

Joe O’Halloran, Computer Weekly
Published: 22 Feb 2023 16:45

Even though 2023 is less than two months old, one of the emerging trends of the year has been the increasing emergence of services to support Industry 4.0 applications, and to meet ever-growing industry digitisation demands of industries, Nokia has announced it is working with other industry-leading technology providers to boost the capabilities of the off-the-shelf, Mission-Critical Industrial Edge (MXIE) technology.
Nokia said enterprises are recognising how MXIE can accelerate their digital transformation beyond connectivity and are using it to support operational technology data applications and workloads.
The comms tech provider said that as enterprises implement a growing number of Industry 4.0 use cases, such as autonomous robots in a factory or warehouse leveraging real-time situational awareness for safety, or zero-fault manufacturing using advanced real-time video analytics for efficiency, demand is growing for high-capacity, on-premise edge processing.
oads.
The Dell PowerEdge XR11 server-based MXIE, featuring a third-generation Intel Xeon Scalable Processor, introduces physical graphics processing unit (GPU) support. The NVIDIA A2 Tensor Core GPU is designed to enable artificial intelligence (AI) inference acceleration, that is accelerating the process of using a trained neural network model to make a prediction.
This could, said Nokia, unlock business-critical use cases that rely on real-time monitoring of video feeds and alerts using applications such as Nokia Scene Analytics, or Atos Computer Vision Platform, which uses AI for quality assurance and video analytics offerings for mission-critical applications.
Future compute-intensive applications – such as AI and machine learning – will also benefit specifically from the compute power provided by the GPU. This includes data intelligence analysing real-time OT data at the edge, which will be used to boost advanced analytics where Nokia continues its technical collaboration with Intel.
The on-premise, as-a-service subscription-based industrial edge Nokia MXIE is deployed as part of the Nokia Digital Automation Cloud offering. As part of the announcement, Nokia said it will also make it possible for enterprises to realise the value of operational technology (OT) data with the introduction of MXIE in a hardware-as-a-service (HaaS) model.
By offering MXIE in a HaaS model, Nokia is confident that it will enable more enterprises to begin their digitisation journey. This, it said, will reduce up-front capital investment and allow them to benefit from MXIE capabilities on a subscription basis.
“In 2022 we began building a large installed base for MXIE as it was integrated with the Digital Automation Cloud private wireless solution, allowing enterprises to experience how it supports their Industry 4.0 application needs,” said Stephan Litjens, vice-president of enterprise campus edge solutions at Nokia.
“Leveraging Dell PowerEdge servers, we are boosting the processing power and capabilities of the Nokia MXIE to meet our customers’ growing demands for advanced Industry 4.0 implementations.
“Additionally, the new MXIE GPU capabilities will support use cases that leverage AI and machine learning, such as real-time video and OT data analytics,” he said. “By introducing MXIE in a HaaS model, we are further lowering the upfront cost of our industrial edge for businesses to accelerate their digitisation journey.”

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Well Luminar was a bit left field.

I have had Luminar on my competitors list because we did not have any dots, but @Stable Genius caused me to revisit their patents.

Luminar have a large number of LiDaR related patents, just shy of 100.

This one caught my eye and initiated a little synaptic frisson.

US2018284234A1 Foveated Imaging in a Lidar System

1677151533149.png

To identify the most important areas in front of a vehicle for avoiding collisions, a lidar system obtains a foveated imaging model. The foveated imaging model is generated by detecting the direction at which drivers' are facing at various points in time for several scenarios based on road conditions or upcoming maneuvers. The lidar system identifies an upcoming maneuver for the vehicle or a road condition and applies the identified maneuver or road condition to the foveated imaging model to identify a region of a field of regard at which to increase the resolution. The lidar system then increases the resolution at the identified region by increasing the pulse rate for transmitting light pulses within the identified region, filtering pixels outside of the identified region, or in any other suitable manner.

"Goodness me!*" I hear you exclaim "What is foveated imaging?"

Foveated imaging - Wikipedia

Foveated imaging is a digital image processing technique in which the image resolution, or amount of detail, varies across the image according to one or more "fixation points". A fixation point indicates the highest resolution region of the image and corresponds to the center of the eye's retina, the fovea.

In LiDaR, foveated means concentrating more light spots on a region of interest.

So why is this interesting?

In the fireside chat, PvdM mentioned that the eye has a central region which is more high definition and attuned to movement than the peripheral region which is lower definition but more sensitive to light variation (the very same fovea that Luminar's patent seeks to imitate)

So does this mean Luminar and BrainChip are an item? Well, no, but ...

* Archaic version of "WTF".

Product recall: - It has been pointed out to me by a poster that the reference to PvdM discussing high definition and lower definition peripheral regions does not exist in the fireside chat. I cannot recall the origin of the information, so the paragraph verballing Peter should be ignored, as my memory is unreliable.

All the best
DodgyNews

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 46 users
html[/URL]

My very basic understanding

Very briefly, 4C's are about cash flow.
So it's money received , which does not equal sales.

When I was consulting to Reckitt Benckiser they had a default 150 day payment terms.
So in this case, if the sale was made ( invoice raised ) on the 15/12/22, the sale will appear as revenue in the Annual Report, but the $'s attached to the invoice wouldn't appear until May 2023, ie the 4C quarterly reported at end of July.

So fingers crossed the Annual Report shows revenue as yet unseen to wobbly knee shareholders.
Thank you, that does make a lot of sense :)

Reactions: 4 users

jtardif999

Regular
Hi jtardfi,

@SharesForBrekky posted this on the 19th: #47,446

Mercedes EV rival to the Tesla Model 3 imagined - Automotive Daily (autodaily.com.au)

https://www.autodaily.com.au/mercedes-rival-to-the-tesla-model-3-imagined/

Car News: Mercedes EV rival to the Tesla Model 3 imagined; By Sean Carson. February 17, 2023

This tech transfer will extend to the infotainment, because the new car will also mark the debut of Mercedes’ MB.OS infotainment system. The new model will likely offer a widescreen digital dash and infotainment panel as part of the company’s target for its advanced graphical interfaces, but it’s the system behind the scenes that could be even more interesting.

Mercedes has experimented with a new type of processor that performs tasks in “neuromorphic spikes”. Put simply, this means that the computer stores up tasks and executes them in one go once a threshold is reached, saving energy and boosting driving range in the process.

... which is clearly a reference to Akida.
Agreed, see my other post - my bad, I took the words of the analogy to mean they were talking about the OS instead of Akida directly.

Reactions: 1 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20

I have had Luminar on my competitors list because we did not have any dots, but @Stable Genius caused me to revisit their patents.

View attachment 30429

To identify the most important areas in front of a vehicle for avoiding collisions, a lidar system obtains a foveated imaging model. The foveated imaging model is generated by detecting the direction at which drivers' are facing at various points in time for several scenarios based on road conditions or upcoming maneuvers. The lidar system identifies an upcoming maneuver for the vehicle or a road condition and applies the identified maneuver or road condition to the foveated imaging model to identify a region of a field of regard at which to increase the resolution. The lidar system then increases the resolution at the identified region by increasing the pulse rate for transmitting light pulses within the identified region, filtering pixels outside of the identified region, or in any other suitable manner.

Foveated imaging is a digital image processing technique in which the image resolution, or amount of detail, varies across the image according to one or more "fixation points". A fixation point indicates the highest resolution region of the image and corresponds to the center of the eye's retina, the fovea.

In LiDaR, foveated means concentrating more light spots on a region of interest.

In the fireside chat, PvdM mentioned that the eye has a central region which is more high definition and attuned to movement than the peripheral region which is lower definition but more sensitive to light variation (the very same fovea that Luminar's patent seeks to utilize).

I had never heard of the word foveated before in my life and within an hour of reading your post, this came up in my feed. Cookies and targeted marketing at its best/worst.

Likely nothing to do with Akida but PSVR2 tracks your eyes and only renders the area in the scene you are looking at in high def. The areas you are not looking at are rendered at a lower resolution. Pretty incredible tech.

What is foveated rendering, and why can it make PSVR 2 streams blurry?​

Stefan L 22/02/23

Pushing high-end graphics in virtual reality is a demanding endeavour for any VR headset processor, whether it’s a standalone headset, a high-end PC or the PS5 and PSVR 2. It’s made harder still for PSVR 2 by the high-end specs of the headset and the new expectation for high resolution gaming. So, how does the PS5 pull it off, and why doesn’t it always translate to what you can see in YouTube and Twitch streams?
One of the tricks that PSVR 2 leans upon when render virtual reality is called foveated rendering. You’ll see this term used in a lot of bullet point lists when games are being upgraded or ported to PSVR 2, alongside noting support for 4K and HDR. It’s a lot of attention for a rather technical feature to get, but what is it?
To put it simply, foveated rendering is a way to reduce image quality for parts of the screen that are in your peripheral vision. The game can prioritise where it’s spending the most hardware resources to get the best performance and visual effect for the player.

Focusing on the target with my bow, Horizon Call of the Mountain uses foveated rendering to lower the resolution elsewhere, most noticeable on the blurrier barrels and settlement in the top left.

It’s all based on real life. When you focus your vision on a cup on a coffee table, for example, the rest of the room that is outside that central focal point is less clear to your eyes and brain. Foveated rendering simulates that effect in VR, allowing the game engine to reducing detail and resolution in places that you aren’t looking.

This has been used since the very start of the current era of virtual reality gaming in 2016, but was initially done in a more rudimentary fashion by locking the focus point to the direction of the headset. Some headsets since the Vive Pro Eye in 2019 have included an internal camera to track eye movements – a key feature for PSVR 2 – allowing for games to more dynamically shift the rendering focal point to better match what you’re actually looking at.

This effect is practically unnoticeable within PSVR 2 itself. The very edges of your field of view are always going going to be a bit blurred and distorted because of the image passing through the Fresnel lenses in the headset, but within that central area there’s still plenty of space to optimise what is being given the most attention – wherever you move your eyes to will then have the game’s highest resolution and level of detail.

But foveated rendering is laid bare to people watching PSVR 2 streams and video capture, and adds to the challenge of making a pleasant viewing experience – the other being that the view can move, shake and judder even if you think you’re keeping your head still. Different parts of the screen are going in and out of higher and lower resolution, matching the player’s eye movements, and that can naturally lead to the snap judgement that the game resolution is low and the graphics fuzzy. Now, there is a natural softness to the player as the image is passing through a lens – even when in the sweet spot, the headset won’t be quite as sharp as getting up close to a 4K TV – but VR games on YouTube will always have parts of the screen look blurrier and lower resolution than they do to the person playing.
In some ways this makes the 4K claim that games make a bit of a lie – similar to the dynamic resolutions that are so often used for flat screen games. Claiming 4K is really just using an easily understood term to convey something much more complex, the notion that you’re getting 4K-like rendering at the things you are specifically looking at.
It’s all part of the difficult challenge that developers and users face in trying to show and explain what VR gamers are like, without putting a headset on someone and sending them on their way. Just rest assured that foveated rendering might look a bit rough in a stream, but it’s all in aid of making the actual games look and feel as good as possible in VR.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

charles2

Regular
I had never heard of the word foveated before in my life and within an hour of reading your post, this came up in my feed. Cookies and targeted marketing at its best/worst.

Likely nothing to do with Akida but PSVR2 tracks your eyes and only renders the area in the scene you are looking at in high def. The areas you are not looking at are rendered at a lower resolution. Pretty incredible tech.

What is foveated rendering, and why can it make PSVR 2 streams blurry?​

Stefan L 22/02/23

Pushing high-end graphics in virtual reality is a demanding endeavour for any VR headset processor, whether it’s a standalone headset, a high-end PC or the PS5 and PSVR 2. It’s made harder still for PSVR 2 by the high-end specs of the headset and the new expectation for high resolution gaming. So, how does the PS5 pull it off, and why doesn’t it always translate to what you can see in YouTube and Twitch streams?
One of the tricks that PSVR 2 leans upon when render virtual reality is called foveated rendering. You’ll see this term used in a lot of bullet point lists when games are being upgraded or ported to PSVR 2, alongside noting support for 4K and HDR. It’s a lot of attention for a rather technical feature to get, but what is it?
To put it simply, foveated rendering is a way to reduce image quality for parts of the screen that are in your peripheral vision. The game can prioritise where it’s spending the most hardware resources to get the best performance and visual effect for the player.

Focusing on the target with my bow, Horizon Call of the Mountain uses foveated rendering to lower the resolution elsewhere, most noticeable on the blurrier barrels and settlement in the top left.

It’s all based on real life. When you focus your vision on a cup on a coffee table, for example, the rest of the room that is outside that central focal point is less clear to your eyes and brain. Foveated rendering simulates that effect in VR, allowing the game engine to reducing detail and resolution in places that you aren’t looking.

This has been used since the very start of the current era of virtual reality gaming in 2016, but was initially done in a more rudimentary fashion by locking the focus point to the direction of the headset. Some headsets since the Vive Pro Eye in 2019 have included an internal camera to track eye movements – a key feature for PSVR 2 – allowing for games to more dynamically shift the rendering focal point to better match what you’re actually looking at.

This effect is practically unnoticeable within PSVR 2 itself. The very edges of your field of view are always going going to be a bit blurred and distorted because of the image passing through the Fresnel lenses in the headset, but within that central area there’s still plenty of space to optimise what is being given the most attention – wherever you move your eyes to will then have the game’s highest resolution and level of detail.

But foveated rendering is laid bare to people watching PSVR 2 streams and video capture, and adds to the challenge of making a pleasant viewing experience – the other being that the view can move, shake and judder even if you think you’re keeping your head still. Different parts of the screen are going in and out of higher and lower resolution, matching the player’s eye movements, and that can naturally lead to the snap judgement that the game resolution is low and the graphics fuzzy. Now, there is a natural softness to the player as the image is passing through a lens – even when in the sweet spot, the headset won’t be quite as sharp as getting up close to a 4K TV – but VR games on YouTube will always have parts of the screen look blurrier and lower resolution than they do to the person playing.
In some ways this makes the 4K claim that games make a bit of a lie – similar to the dynamic resolutions that are so often used for flat screen games. Claiming 4K is really just using an easily understood term to convey something much more complex, the notion that you’re getting 4K-like rendering at the things you are specifically looking at.
It’s all part of the difficult challenge that developers and users face in trying to show and explain what VR gamers are like, without putting a headset on someone and sending them on their way. Just rest assured that foveated rendering might look a bit rough in a stream, but it’s all in aid of making the actual games look and feel as good as possible in VR.
Fovea......A most important part of your ocular anatomy. Loss of foveal function (disease, trauma, etc) results in a large central blindspot (scotoma) with resultant vision in the 20/400 or less range (big E vision) with serious or total loss of color perception. Peripheral vision remains intact.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Fovea......A most important part of your ocular anatomy. Loss of foveal function (disease, trauma, etc) results in a large central blindspot (scotoma) with resultant vision in the 20/400 or less range (big E vision) with serious or total loss of color perception. Peripheral vision remains intact.

Fortunately I have 20/20 vision (for now) and haven't spent much time studying ophthalmology 🤪.

Reactions: 1 users
Accenture is a global leader in leveraging Applied Intelligence to help organizations make smarter decisions faster and enabling growth at scale from edge to cloud. Chatelain leads a team of designers, engineers and data scientists developing the Applied Intelligence Platform (AIP+), Accenture's flagship intelligence service. AIP+ allows clients to leverage trusted data to discover actionable insights, better understand their business processes and achieve business objectives faster. As CTO, Chatelain serves as a trusted advisor to Accenture clients, applying the best technology to fulfill business needs while supporting growth through innovation.

"Jean-Luc, with his vast experience, provides great insight into pragmatic AI solutions that businesses value as transformative assets," said Hehir. "I strongly agree with his prediction on the potential for neuromorphic technology, which is the basis of BrainChip's Akida products, in helping the industry fully realize the benefits of AI."

The "This is Our Mission" podcast provides AI industry insight to listeners including users, developers, analysts, technical and financial press, and investors. Past episodes are available at https://brainchipinc.com/brainchip-podcasts.

Don't think this has been picked up yet.

If you're wondering why the Accenture CTO was a guest on a recent podcast, it's not just for fun and games...

Attached is a patent filed 2 Aug 2021, published 2 Feb 2023,

Applicant: Accenture Global Solutions Ltd, Dublin.

1677161655822.png

1677161213212.png

1677161327879.png

1677161599314.png

IMO the entire "invention" has been premised upon the existence of neuromorphic processors, and as we all know, there's only 1 commercial producer of neuromorphic chips at the moment. Like me, you might have also noticed the distinction between Loihi which was described as a "neuromorphic research chip" and Brainchip's Akida is described as "neural network processor". Also interesting that Accenture looks like its gearing up to be a patent troll (Dublin has a favourable tax regime).

Attachments

• 20230029494.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 120
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 133 users

VictorG

A good read, mentions Brainchip as a partner to Prophesee. Mostly about the revolution and potential market the world is about to experience in event based tech.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

TopCat

Regular

View attachment 30429

In the fireside chat, PvdM mentioned that the eye has a central region which is more high definition and attuned to movement than the peripheral region which is lower definition but more sensitive to light variation (the very same fovea that Luminar's patent seeks to imitate).

Inivation has a Foveator Track technology which uses neuromorphic computing. Maybe using Synsense still for this ???? Maybe have swapped to Brainchip???

2B6006F1-61E2-4013-894D-C3338E5ED69F.jpeg

1CCB2AD8-8BAB-4B41-86C0-CA4D4AE47D51.jpeg

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 17 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Valeo
Valeo
1 Std.

Our 2022 annual financial results are out! Here's an overview of the highlights. In 2022, we achieved all our financial targets in a challenging environment. These results clearly reflect the Group's acceleration in the areas of electrification and driving assistance systems, both in terms of growth and order intake. They illustrate our unique positioning at the heart of the transformations in our sector. Congratulations to all of our teams!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Tezza

Regular
Interesting article from overnight.
Screenshot_20230224_061656_Chrome.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
can you do a manual check on my account and explain why I am being ignored by everybody ?
No need for a manual check there, mate.. you are on post approval - half your posts break the rules and I take the effort to continually save the community in that respect.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 63 users
can you do a manual check on my account and explain why I am being ignored by everybody ?
Here's a month subscription on me mate.
Hope that brings a smile to your dial. Screenshot_20230224-063151.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users
D

Deleted member 118

No need for a manual check there, mate.. you are on post approval - half your posts break the rules and I take the effort to continually save the community in that respect.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Top Bottom