BRN Discussion Ongoing

D

Deleted member 118

I don't think many of us are in the mood to hope that with you Buddy, but good luck anyways. šŸ¤£
Didnā€™t think so, but everyone keep up with the downramping plesse as your doing a great job with the sp lol

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Bastard I even bought you a subscription
Although I could be wrong and he got banned
Yep definitely going with the banned option after seeing his last post.
So the hunt is still on šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 2 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Papacass

Regular
Oh the vibe is so much better in here now!!!!

There is a camera on board that tracks the drivers eye movements to ensure they aren't watching the passenger video screen. There is potential use of Akida here.

Bad news is that hey Mercedes seems to have been dropped in some capacity. šŸ„ŗ Not clear if it has been scrapped altogether or only for certain commands.
As you know ā€˜Hey Mercedesā€™ is only a wake up command to get Akida to do its thing. ā€˜Just talkā€™ and the use of ā€˜andā€™ is much more advance speech identification and IMO makes it more likely that Akida is involved. Anyway, hereā€™s hoping.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

Taproot

Regular
"Hey Mercedes" will be used in the new E-class:

The new E-Class: dimensional concept and interior design​

Stuttgart, February 22, 2023
The new E-Class: dimensional concept and interior design - Mercedes me media (mercedes-benz.com)

More operating convenience is also available with MBUX. With the "Just Talk" function, the intelligent voice control can now be activated without the keyword "Hey Mercedes". When the function is activated, a red microphone symbol appears in the display. This indicates that the vehicle is ready and waiting for commands.

Added day-to-day convenience: the routines

Mercedes-Benz is working on using artificial intelligence (AI) so that the car learns which comfort systems vehicle occupants use repeatedly. Given the same circumstances, the aim is for AI to automate such functions9. The result is personalised automation. Mercedes-Benz uses the term ā€œroutineā€ for this innovation, the development of which is already well advanced.

On the launch of the new E-Class, customers will be able to use templates for standard routines. They also have the option of creating routines themselves. In doing so, the occupants can link several functions and conditions. For example, "Switch on the seat heating and set the ambient lighting to warm orange if the interior temperature is below twelve degrees Celsius
".

Mercedes says that the 2024 E-class will go on sale in the U.S. later this year, so we expect to see more of the new sedan revealed within the next few months.

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Kachoo

Regular
Hi @zeeb0t

Might I suggest that if this occurs again and is detected this person and their account details should be referred to the ASIC for prosecution.

My firm opinion
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Kachoo

Regular
Hi @zeeb0t

Might I suggest that if this occurs again and is detected this person and their account details should be referred to the ASIC for prosecution.

My firm opinion
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
This is a great idea. Is that a way to run IP addresses to identify multiple accounts ?

Reactions: 3 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
This is a great idea. Is that a way to run IP addresses to identify multiple accounts ?

That is one of the simpler methods, yes. But I must also add - simply breaking the rules, or having two accounts, does not instantly mean an act of market manipulation has occurred. Instead, my system is designed to prevent abuse.

If it did mean that, many posters here would have been referred to the authorities by now - because rule breaking on both sides has been a feature of many posts of late. That being said, if the authorities contact me seeking any information, of course I would comply with that.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 41 users

manny100

Regular
The " Todd Vierra and Nikunj Kotecha talking to University about Akida " video was great.
Further confirmation of the Mercedes and NASA tie up. Naturally they are not in a position to say much about NASA.
But the tie up in itself speaks volumes for the Tech.

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

jtardif999

Regular
Hi jtardif,

The reference to queuing spikes describes the operation of an Akida NPU.

In NN neurons, the synapse fires when it accumulates enough incoming spikes to cross the synaptic threshold, which is determined by the corresponding weights from the model library.

This is a diagram of Akida's NPU:

WO2020092691A1 AN IMPROVED SPIKING NEURAL NETWORK

View attachment 30373
Input spikes are delivered to AND gate 109 via the spike decoder, spike buffer, packetizer, and packet register.

Counter 109 adds incoming spikes (binary digital "1"s from AND gate 107 and subtracts spikes from AND gate 108.

AND gate 107 produces a spike when the incoming spike matches a spike from weight register 106 in the same location, while AND gate 108 spikes when there is a mismatch.

When the sum in counter 109 matches one of the value stored in threshold comparator 110 (learning threshold or spike threshold) the corresponding registers 111 or 112 produce a spike. The learning threshold is lower than the spike threshold.

The learning threshold spike can adjust the synaptic weight via weight swapper 113 to enable the system to learn new shapes.

Spike threshold register 112 delivers a spike to local bus 101 which distributes the spike to one or more preselected NPUs in the next layer of the NN.
Yeah, I understand though that reference was made in terms of how the operating system functions to save power. Of course Akida tech saves power using spikes - we all know that, but what intrigued me was this description was about the OS doing the same. At least that was how I took it?

Reactions: 2 users

Taproot

Regular
As you know ā€˜Hey Mercedesā€™ is only a wake up command to get Akida to do its thing. ā€˜Just talkā€™ and the use of ā€˜andā€™ is much more advance speech identification and IMO makes it more likely that Akida is involved. Anyway, hereā€™s hoping.
This Motortrend article from Jan 2022 is still available on Brainchip's website today.

Mercedes engineers worked with California-based artificial-intelligence developer BrainChip to create systems based on the company's Akida hardware and software. Among other things, the technology makes the "Hey, Mercedes" voice control system in the EQXX five to ten times more efficient than conventional voice control.

Even though the new 3rd Gen version of MBUX which is going into the upcoming E-Class is only a pre-cursor to the MBOS, I'd say it's "odds on" that it'll have a little Akida sauce inside. At the very least for the "Just Talk" ( Hey Mercedes ) function.

• Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Yak52

Regular
Good morning All,

Many would have noticed how many new positions are being created by Brainchip management, which is clearly representative of a company whose being flooded.
I have been told that the HR employee at Brainchip in the US simply can't keep up with the amount of hiring action that's currently taking place, the company has on previous occasions mentioned driving the staff base up to around 100, so this plan is obviously still unfolding.

Even with all the available engineers etc that have been laid off by many other tech companies over the last 6 months or so, the real question has to be asked, how many are actually fully qualified in this field of neuromorphic computing, and the answer is not many, we, Brainchip have to train them up, to fully understand the internal workings of Akida, sauce and all.

At the other end of the spectrum we have the sales team, which is also expanding rapidly due to the demand, it's a time consuming business, having untrained sales staff who have first bite at the cherry, would be a disaster waiting to happen, they MUST be able to present Akida in all it's glory, because fluff will be spotted a long way off.

Many, including myself, are waiting to hear that a number of IP contracts have been 100% confirmed as being signed off on, but this end goal is proving extremely hard, hence there is a level of frustration, as time is passing by, why is this so?

Let's not forget the amount of money that's being invested into this new revolutionary technology, it's a major shift that's having to take place, in attitudes, acceptance, belief, trust in Akida and all it's developing magic, but in my opinion, if we don't cross or intersect these large companies at the right time within their OWN design cycles, well, we have to wait and keep waiting until the customer is ready to take that leap, and at this point in Akida's life that is playing out in front of our very eyes.

I do know that we have been engaged with a number of companies who have wanted to know, see Akida in action etc and have simply gone away because the timing wasn't right for them, and we have to respect that.

It all points to a major change on the horizon, and we, Brainchip are going to be the first to see the dawning of a new age, put simply, leaders lead, are first to see the sun rise on this new technological age, so that's how I see the current landscape.

Please remember, I don't speak on behalf of the company, my views as always.

Tech :coffee:;)

Interesting comment there TECH about companies wanting to see Akida in action. Though there was plenty of demo's by Brainchip & Partners to show it in action.
Netherless I have thought for several years that BrainChip needed its "own" marketed product as an example rather than just the Chip & IP only.
Something simple which would display the obvious advantages, be usable and desirable to buy. Maybe a small drone or toy?
The purpose is not to make a revenue beating product but just to get into the hands of the common people in a real life application that can also give Brainchip market exposure and be an engineering example.
Just my thoughts anyway. :rolleyes:

ON another note.............SHORTS HAVE DRPPED OFF THIS WEEK!

YES....FINALLY! Who noticed that on 21st tuesday there were only - 174,000 SHORTS taken out? Lowest since .....??? years?
And yesterday 22nd Wed only ............434,000 SHORTS taken out.

Says that Shorters believe we have hit a bottom, that good news is inbound, and they are worried about taking new shorts out and the SP ..NOT DROPPING to facilitate a profit!!! Hmmm.

Good luck to all with our next price sensitive ASX announcement (report).

Yak52 :cool:

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Yak52

Regular
Reactions: 4 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Slade

Top 20
Exactly. ā€˜Hey Mercedesā€™, Driver Monitoring Systems and through Valeo is where Akida will shine through. These things take time.
I just ate the best croissant that Iā€™ve ever had.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

somme

Good morning All,

Many would have noticed how many new positions are being created by Brainchip management, which is clearly representative of a company whose being flooded.
I have been told that the HR employee at Brainchip in the US simply can't keep up with the amount of hiring action that's currently taking place, the company has on previous occasions mentioned driving the staff base up to around 100, so this plan is obviously still unfolding.

Even with all the available engineers etc that have been laid off by many other tech companies over the last 6 months or so, the real question has to be asked, how many are actually fully qualified in this field of neuromorphic computing, and the answer is not many, we, Brainchip have to train them up, to fully understand the internal workings of Akida, sauce and all.

At the other end of the spectrum we have the sales team, which is also expanding rapidly due to the demand, it's a time consuming business, having untrained sales staff who have first bite at the cherry, would be a disaster waiting to happen, they MUST be able to present Akida in all it's glory, because fluff will be spotted a long way off.

Many, including myself, are waiting to hear that a number of IP contracts have been 100% confirmed as being signed off on, but this end goal is proving extremely hard, hence there is a level of frustration, as time is passing by, why is this so?

Let's not forget the amount of money that's being invested into this new revolutionary technology, it's a major shift that's having to take place, in attitudes, acceptance, belief, trust in Akida and all it's developing magic, but in my opinion, if we don't cross or intersect these large companies at the right time within their OWN design cycles, well, we have to wait and keep waiting until the customer is ready to take that leap, and at this point in Akida's life that is playing out in front of our very eyes.

I do know that we have been engaged with a number of companies who have wanted to know, see Akida in action etc and have simply gone away because the timing wasn't right for them, and we have to respect that.

It all points to a major change on the horizon, and we, Brainchip are going to be the first to see the dawning of a new age, put simply, leaders lead, are first to see the sun rise on this new technological age, so that's how I see the current landscape.

Please remember, I don't speak on behalf of the company, my views as always.

Tech :coffee:;)
Hi Tech,

You have just mentioned something that has been in the back of my mind for quite a while and that is prospective customers looking but moving on. That happens to all business, but it the first time I have seen it mentioned with Brainchip. Thanks for that.
May I ask whether any of BRN's long list of "Partners" are included in the "gone away" category.

Thanks

Reactions: 3 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Dang Son

Regular
NEW JOB ON OFFER AT BRAINCHIP "TECHNICAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT DIRECTOR"
$175,000 - $250,000 GIG SOUNDS GOOD

I LIKE THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH!!!!!!!!!!!!

A principal goal for the Technical Customer Support Director is to bridge core engineering activities into commercialization efforts. This includes technical customer support policies, objectives, and initiatives. This is a hands-on position, managing a team as well as resolving higher level technical and customer relations issues. This position needs to be able to understand and maintain a working, technical knowledge of our clientā€™s core technologies in order to provide full top level technical support.

ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

Share This Job

Technical Customer Support Director​

Job Title Technical Customer Support Director Job ID 27696794 Work Hybrid Yes Location Laguna Hills, CA 92653 Other Location Description
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE**

Come join the company leading the technological revolution in artificial intelligence. BrainChip is a global technology company producing a groundbreaking neuromorphic processor that brings artificial intelligence to the edge in a way that is beyond the capabilities of other products.
We are the worldā€™s first commercial producer of ultra-low-power and high-performance artificial intelligence technology processors that enables a wide array of applications such as self-driving cars, hearing aids, drones, and agricultural equipment. The event-based neural network processor is inspired by the spiking nature of the human brain and is implemented in an industry-standard digital process.
Our company was recognized as one of the ā€œStartups Worth Watching in 2021ā€ in EE Timesā€™ annual Silicon 100 list of global semiconductor technologies and our founder was named the winner of the AI Hardware 2021 Innovator Award. We have offices in Laguna Hills, California; Toulouse, France; Hyderabad, India; and Perth, Australia. We are also publicly traded on the Australian Stock Exchange (BRN:ASX) and the OTC Market (BRCHF).

SUMMARY:

A principal goal for the Technical Customer Support Director is to bridge core engineering activities into commercialization efforts. This includes technical customer support policies, objectives, and initiatives. This is a hands-on position, managing a team as well as resolving higher level technical and customer relations issues. This position needs to be able to understand and maintain a working, technical knowledge of our clientā€™s core technologies in order to provide full top level technical support.

ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

• Develops service level standards focused on response times, issue resolution, service quality, and customer satisfaction.

• Establishes policies and procedures that produce high quality customer support and that reflect industry best practices.

• Ensures that systems are in place and are utilized to capture and report on service metrics, including any customer feedback or trends in product or service issues.

• Manages resource decision-making, planning, and best practices.

• Aligns technical customer support activities and initiatives to support and enhance the objectives of the organization.

• Take ownership of unresolved technical issues, and bridge with Sales and Engineering teams to solve and/or develop solutions.

• Manage customer technical relationships as required and work with internal resources to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.

• Ability to communicate orally with customers, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is crucial.
QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience:

• B.S. in Computer Science, or EE; will consider experience in lieu of education

• Requires a very high technical acumen and understanding of machine learning and deep learning experience using Python, Tensorflow

• Firsthand experience with object classification, object detection, face recognition, keyword spotting a plus

• Experience with Git version control system

• Experience in CPUs, Tools and methodologies, machine learning, C++ programming

• PCB design, layout and bring-up experience a plus

• Has led small engineering teams

• Has been in front line customer support role

• Comfortable as a player coachā€”this is a very small team and the leader needs to spend 80% doing and 20% managing
Other Skills and Abilities:

• Strong verbal and written communication skills

• Ability to compose routine reports and correspondence

• Ability to effectively communicate with persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds

• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills and analytical skills

• Desire to be involved in a diverse and creative work environment

• Must be a self-starter with mindset for growth and real passion for continuous learning

Benefits Offered:
Ā· Competitive Pay - $175,000-$250,000 annually
Ā· Restricted Stock Units
Ā· Bonus Pay up to 10% of annual salary
Ā· 401K with matching
Ā· Free Lunch Daily
Ā· Paid Time Off
Ā· Holiday Pay
Ā· Company-paid Medical HMO, Dental PPO, and Vision Insurance
Ā· Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D
Ā· Employee Assistance Program, Caregiver Support, Adoption Assistance Program
Ā· Flexible Spending Account
Ā· Health Savings Account
Ā· Commuter Benefit Program
Ā· Employee Discounts

BrainChip is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.

See Larry David GIF by Emmys
Brainchip ~ being the world leader in Digital Spiking Neuromorphic Processing at the IOT Edge could/should/maybe does have a Folder of AKIDA use cases - proven and potential.
Whereas Imaginative affiliated people on staff or shareholders could submit conceptual use case ideas.
Then over a long lunch once per week , a Hardware and Software Engineers focus group could brainstorm towards developmental progress of worthy concepts.

My thought is that Brainchip could eventually add value to AKIDA in house with our product development folder growing full with ready to produce product ideas.
~Any manufacturer could call Brainchip and ask for a suitable product use case idea from our product development folder and if they ran with it, then pay Brainchip a healthy product royalty on top of AKIDA IP royalty thus creating a double edged revenue stream.
~If Brainchip at some time in the future were to pay for manufacturing of an inhouse designed consumer product we could see the lions share of product revenue streaming in due to this value adding onto our IP

Because we shareholders are only good for a free lunch and are not privy to the company creative process, I'm feeling a need for more imagination being injected to kick start our business.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users
This Motortrend article from Jan 2022 is still available on Brainchip's website today.

Mercedes engineers worked with California-based artificial-intelligence developer BrainChip to create systems based on the company's Akida hardware and software. Among other things, the technology makes the "Hey, Mercedes" voice control system in the EQXX five to ten times more efficient than conventional voice control.

Even though the new 3rd Gen version of MBUX which is going into the upcoming E-Class is only a pre-cursor to the MBOS, I'd say it's "odds on" that it'll have a little Akida sauce inside. At the very least for the "Just Talk" ( Hey Mercedes ) function.
I was of the understanding that they tested the Just Talk with Akida by using a beautiful ly dressed lady wearing a see through blouse . She said just talk and then gave the direction to drive her to church . The response was ( You will not be allowed in church ) to which she stated that she had a Devine right to go to mass on a Sunday . Akida replied (You also have a Devine left but you still will not be admitted .ā€”-Bring on Akida.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users
MB are top of the class and the delivery of this presentation is testamant to that
MB OS presentation 23/Feb/2023

Just a thought about something I pulled from the presentation

@ 6:45 When talking about the MB Security profile of a customer states that the 'My profile' is being stored into the cloud, so when I step into my car it recognizes meā€¦..ā€¦ā€¦

As FF poor logic proposed, AKIDA would be presumed not to be fully implemented in this functionality for MB at this stage.

I also based on poor logic suggest that as Brainchip said late last year they were continuing to work with Mercedes Benz that in all likelihood full implementation aimed at implementing AKIDA technology at scale is still in design or at least still under test if design work has been finalised.

If this poor logic stands up then there is nothing at all to be read into the absence of a discussion of neuromorphic in any other presentation.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

But at 13:35

MB will be offering a sneak preview of All new E Class which is a precursor of the MB.OS in the infotainment domain

'This is the first time in history MB has programed the complete software for the MB OS'

It will be launched later this year and 'Markus will be offering insight into what we will actually offer in the near future'.

'Super computer technology will be offered in every single Mercedes going forward. MB.OS 1.0 onward'

'The eyes and ears/ sensors of the car, the 'base sensor set' even in the entry vehicle, will be significantly more comprehensive than what you can buy in the S class today'. (
clip showing the E Class is shown at 1:16:50)

The MB.OS 1.0 onward, IMO, is when the neuromorphic component will be fully implemented.
AKIDA will then allow the MB Security profile mentioned ealier above to be cloud free.

Security and safety is one of the most important factors underpinning all this functionality.
If not MB would follow the bad example Tesla has offered the world - its automated driving capabilites are not safe, cant be trusted and can kill.

MB are progressively implementing aspects of the Neuromorphic capability as the safety net expands following testing.
They canā€™t turn it all on at once as it is all so new.

In order for the systems and partnerships they have developed with other companies to work in unison, the tech they have chosen needs to be Ubiquitous. Therefore only when all the companies align with this new paradigm of computing can everything work securely and safely.
NVIDIA, GOOGLE, ZYNC are all invited to work with MB to create the infrastructure to make this all happen. They all have to be in the same neuromorphic space to build the end result. Power efficenceis will not be implemented in one system and ignored in the other as an example.

The neuromorphic aspect is not ready, or its not fully tested at this stage but connections are starting to fall into place, the infotainment ā€˜Hey Mercedesā€™ or ā€˜Just talkā€™ system is an example of progressive implementation. This is part of MB's end result that MB are happy to release and talk freely about bc it has already proven to be safe and secure.
Lower speed autonomous driving is offered now, MB are so confident in this release that they have accepted total liability for the drivers whilst using it, next comes higher speed autonomous driving. The progressive approach in every functionality is obvious.

All this coding, design and the associated UX testing plus the scale of implementation of this architecture with all these partners at all levels of the MB.OS takes time. 1.8 years just for 'just talk' or 'Hey Mercedes' functionality alone.

We might see a lower share price if there is no $ in the EOY report tied up with our licensed partners but only from Cold Dead Hands will anyone get a single one of my shares.

But I believe Magnus from MB when he summarised by saying
  • As the architect we can report that our MB.OS built project is making Excellent progress
  • Our living space is already well ahead of schedule and gives us the freedom and scope offer the best personalised luxury experience.
  • Our partnerships ensure we offer the best content and navigation to assit us to retain our lead in relation to autated driving.
Royalties from this collaboration of parntners will appear in the financials in due course.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 55 users
Top Bottom