BRN Discussion Ongoing

Just wanted to pick some minds here, what is everyone’s realistic expectation or opinion on the up coming 4c? As for the past couple of ones i have had no expectations, I will keep the same sentiment for the up coming one. I just really really wish to be proven wrong.
I’d like to see some gains in 4C. But I doubt we will see it this time around. But then I think ok. Good, it’ll drop and I buy more. There won’t be many opportunities like this left.

Just my own fabricated lunacy.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 20 users
Ai chat bots have been in parliament for years.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

skutza

Regular
So Peter Switzer was just on Sky news talking about the good employment figures. They talked ASX and he said watch the tech stocks, big rebound in 2023. Feels that we'll all be saying 'Switzer' nailed it again in 2023.

• Fire
Reactions: 24 users

JK200SX

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Mccabe84

Regular
Just posted, edge impulse are putting out a lot of tweets lately

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 60 users

Getupthere

Regular

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Foxdog

Regular
I was just speaking to Purple Ferret and he called me a Plebian pheasant.....
no?.....
what?..........
oh ok, peasant.

Yea sure I'll own that *shrug*
(not sure it's even proper use PF)

My impression of TSE (the BRN part) was that it started out with a med-long term leaning in the discussion (on average, though it's hard to have a genuine coherent community based around fundamental prospects if they are all trading the crap out of and/or shorting the one share you are discussing). I don't know any person or organisation without a leaning one way or the other (except maybe a philosophy group). Of course everyone has a different situation and plan (or should) and conditions change but you need to know what YOU want from it. Why are you here?
We may all have several answers to that.
One way or another to make money, but why BRN?
If I'm honest I'll say it's become a part of my life. Like having your own business or relationship it might not all be about the money, there is purpose and people and a learning journey. I dred the day that I lose perspective and all I can see is the beans; a billionaire who asks the question how can I stop people from turning on me in the world I've had a large part in creating.

I'll add, considering HC leanings is it any surprise to anyone that we have a different one.

Certainly its the same journey but a new chapter, who knows what will happen.
PF: points to himself
Hey Straw - good post mate. Someone posted a couple of days ago that this forum is more like a supporters group for 'team BRN', or something like that.
It made me think a bit because unlike HC, where there are plenty of posters just angling for an argument, this forum was designed to enable like-minded owners of this company to share information. I've been guilty of posting unhelpful comments as well.
A big thing to realise though is that some people here have bought low and are sitting on huge profits already, while others have bought higher and are likely sitting on a loss. This leads to a huge spectrum of emotions across the board. This is inevitable but I think 'Rise From The Ashes' may have found a solution - he's set up a sub-forum to discuss the SP (good,bad and ugly). I think if anyone wants to vent this could be a way to do it (or create another forum to achieve this).
We should all allow the BRN discussion forum (this one) to continue with the original purpose is was designed i.e. research and positive support for all holders of this business. Any posts to the contrary should be directed to the appropriate forum. Allow Dio, FF and many others to continue to educate us all free of unnecessary distraction.
My thoughts only.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
In this blog post, we highlight new
@BrainChip_inc
Akida™ platform features that are now available in Edge Impulse Studio to provide easy, quick, and advanced model development and deployment for the company's Akida neuromorphic technology: https://bit.ly/3H4ddUn

1673819983842.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users
S

Straw

Hey Straw - good post mate. Someone posted a couple of days ago that this forum is more like a supporters group for 'team BRN', or something like that.
It made me think a bit because unlike HC, where there are plenty of posters just angling for an argument, this forum was designed to enable like-minded owners of this company to share information. I've been guilty of posting unhelpful comments as well.
A big thing to realise though is that some people here have bought low and are sitting on huge profits already, while others have bought higher and are likely sitting on a loss. This leads to a huge spectrum of emotions across the board. This is inevitable but I think 'Rise From The Ashes' may have found a solution - he's set up a sub-forum to discuss the SP (good,bad and ugly). I think if anyone wants to vent this could be a way to do it (or create another forum to achieve this).
We should all allow the BRN discussion forum (this one) to continue with the original purpose is was designed i.e. research and positive support for all holders of this business. Any posts to the contrary should be directed to the appropriate forum. Allow Dio, FF and many others to continue to educate us all free of unnecessary distraction.
My thoughts only.
Yes that could have been me and yes we will do our best to make sure dubious posters from HC or elsewhere don't start 'infiltrating' this place, for want if a better word.
Another thing to remember when comparing new and old holders is that most of the old holders held their shares well below 10c for a very long time. To be fair.

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users
Here we go!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 85 users

mrgds

Regular
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 22 users

Foxdog

Regular
Yes that could have been me and yes we will do our best to make sure dubious posters from HC or elsewhere don't start 'infiltrating' this place, for want if a better word.
Another thing to remember when comparing new and old holders is that most of the old holders held their shares well below 10c for a very long time. To be fair.
Absolutely and those who got in so early deserve to be rewarded for having taken such a risk (this was a much different investment back then I think). Having said that I personally believe that even those who bought above $2.00 will see a great ROI too, we'll all have to wait and see. (Perhaps this should be in SP Good Bad and Ugly forum 😄).

Reactions: 4 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Here we go!

Thanks tls,

A few months ago, the big boys announced that they were going to provide a set of AI/NN standards, even though they are demonstrably unqualified to do so. It seems the same has been happening with benchmarking AI/NNs, the essential tool for comparing performance of NNs, so brainChip is setting the record straight.

[I recall the porcine aviator or someone else over at the other place bleating (oinking) about the lack of benchmarks]

The following graphs from the white paper compare 2 nodes of Akida with Silicon labs, Reneas, and STM MCUs, while those further down show comparisons with Nvidia Jetson nano and Google Coral.

Then there are graphs for Performance (Speed)/Efficiency (energy) which BrainChip proposes as being a more relevant benchmark for edge devices.

The white paper then goes on to compare the times to load the model libraries which is important for NNs running multiple networks.

The benchmark data below is divided into two sets of graphs, each comparing BrainChip’s Akida processor using three representative applications. These applications – keyword spotting, object detection, and anomaly detection – play critical roles in enabling the edge-specific verticals highlighted in the previous chapter. The first set of graphs are based on publicly available MLPerf datasets from MLCommons that benchmark Akida and leading MCU vendor offerings.* As the first chart illustrates, Akida-based performance delivers extremely low latency using just a fraction of the energy consumed by conventional MCUs.

1673823427297.png

The contrast is even more pronounced when benchmarking Akida against conventional MCUs for visual wake words – a popular edge application that demands complementary levels of efficiency and performance in power-conscious and thermally constrained environments.

1673823566658.png

Similarly, the anomaly detection benchmark shows a substantial gain in latency and energy versus the MCU solutions.

1673823654198.png

The second set of graphs are also based on publicly available MLPerf datasets from MLCommons that benchmark Akida and leading DLA and TPU vendor offerings. These compare Akida with two higher end edge AI processors: NVIDIA Jetson Nano (a deep learning accelerator) and Google Coral (a tensor processing unit). Even at a significantly lower frequency, Akida matches or outperforms both processors while consuming significantly less power.
This performance and efficiency data is based on a two-node configuration – which we compare here to ensure consistency with earlier MCU comparisons. It should be noted that higher node configurations further reduce latency – and are potentially more efficient as they enable faster compute. However, even with a two-node configuration, Akida’s latency fits well within the 5ms target, and the energy consumed per frame by Akida is only a fraction of the power drawn by larger processors

1673823785712.png

1673823834904.png

1673823885955.png

The relative efficiency of the anomaly detection benchmark highlights the benefits of an efficient AI engine over traditional MCUs even for small workloads.

1673823961696.png

Attachments

• 1673825345410.png
    1673825345410.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 112 users

dippY22

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 63 users

Dhm

Regular
Thanks tls,

A few months ago, the big boys announced that they were going to provide a set of AI/NN standards, even though they are demonstrably unqualified to do so. It seems the same has been happening with benchmarking AI/NNs, the essential tool for comparing performance of NNs, so brainChip is setting the record straight.

[I recall the porcine aviator or someone else over at the other place bleating (oinking) about the lack of benchmarks]

The following graphs from the white paper compare 2 nodes of Akida with Silicon labs, Reneas, and STM MCUs, while those further down show comparisons with Nvidia Jetson nano and Google Coral.

Then there are graphs for Performance (Speed)/Efficiency (energy) which BrainChip proposes as being a more relevant benchmark for edge devices.

The white paper then goes on to compare the times to load the model libraries which is important for NNs running multiple networks.

The benchmark data below is divided into two sets of graphs, each comparing BrainChip’s Akida processor using three representative applications. These applications – keyword spotting, object detection, and anomaly detection – play critical roles in enabling the edge-specific verticals highlighted in the previous chapter. The first set of graphs are based on publicly available MLPerf datasets from MLCommons that benchmark Akida and leading MCU vendor offerings.* As the first chart illustrates, Akida-based performance delivers extremely low latency using just a fraction of the energy consumed by conventional MCUs.

View attachment 27180

The contrast is even more pronounced when benchmarking Akida against conventional MCUs for visual wake words – a popular edge application that demands complementary levels of efficiency and performance in power-conscious and thermally constrained environments.

View attachment 27181

Similarly, the anomaly detection benchmark shows a substantial gain in latency and energy versus the MCU solutions.

View attachment 27182

The second set of graphs are also based on publicly available MLPerf datasets from MLCommons that benchmark Akida and leading DLA and TPU vendor offerings. These compare Akida with two higher end edge AI processors: NVIDIA Jetson Nano (a deep learning accelerator) and Google Coral (a tensor processing unit). Even at a significantly lower frequency, Akida matches or outperforms both processors while consuming significantly less power.
This performance and efficiency data is based on a two-node configuration – which we compare here to ensure consistency with earlier MCU comparisons. It should be noted that higher node configurations further reduce latency – and are potentially more efficient as they enable faster compute. However, even with a two-node configuration, Akida’s latency fits well within the 5ms target, and the energy consumed per frame by Akida is only a fraction of the power drawn by larger processors

View attachment 27183

View attachment 27185

View attachment 27186

The relative efficiency of the anomaly detection benchmark highlights the benefits of an efficient AI engine over traditional MCUs even for small workloads.

View attachment 27187
Purely in the interests of balance, and so we all are aware, the disclosure at the bottom of the paper says this:

Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 10.46.22 am.png

This is NOT an attempt at down ramping. I am as bullish as anyone here, in fact I feel as though I am growing some horns! Only mentioned in case some third party downramper throws this in our faces.

bull horns GIF

This is me dealing with a down ramper.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

C7D84417-7725-4B86-A998-1713EB90F60E.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users
Top Bottom