BRN Discussion Ongoing

stuart888

Regular
Google has been life changing. The best company in massive innovation (google maps, android, youtube) where everything is free to the user.

Big data has its place for sure. I own google stock from years back, but my new money is going to Brainchip.

Edge IoT via SNN is Brainchip's to grab the spotlight over time. Lots of AI/ML companies are going to win.

1673760356905.png

Reactions: 11 users
SiFive Horse Creek was showcased in October 2022, so they would have been seeing each other for some time before that.
https://www.cnx-software.com/2022/1...rm-sifive-p550-risc-v-cpu-8gb-ddr5-pcie-gen5/

There is no mention of NNs or AI accelerators in this article from 20221010:
https://www.cnx-software.com/2022/1...rm-sifive-p550-risc-v-cpu-8gb-ddr5-pcie-gen5/
Horse Creek platform specifications:

• CPU – SiFive P500 quad-core RISC-V processor @ up to 2.2 GHz with a 13-stage, 3-issue, out-of-order (OoO) pipeline, private L2 cache, and common L3 cache
  • Memory – DDR5-5600 interface
  • PCIe – PCIe Gen5 through Intel’s PCIe PHY with 8 lanes, Synopsys PCIe Root Hub controller
  • Other peripheral interfaces – I3C, Quad and Octal SPI, UART, peripheral DMA
  • Package – 19×19 FBGA
  • Process – Intel 4 technology

Our affair with SiFive goes back to April 2022
https://brainchip.com/brainchip-sifive-partner-deploy-ai-ml-at-edge/
but we did not start going out with Intel until December 2022.

There is nothing to indicate that Horse Creek uses Akida. [Now I'm talking like ChatGPT (where I get all my answers from)].

As for the GPT response, it is couched in broad generalizations without any real detail, almost like it was under NDA.
@Diogenese

Further info I posted on Horse Creek, SiFive etc beginning of Jan.

Have zoomed in and snipped a couple pics from presso which were interesting I thought.

Additional IP such as AI accelerators and I see they using Xilinx on the board too.

Not sure if any of this assists our opps of getting involved at some point?

IMG_20230115_124915.jpg
IMG_20230115_134645.jpg

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Sorry what does edge AI have to do with Facebook and Snapchat leaking data. Your data on this website TSEX is also being sold to provide advertisements through cookies. That statement cannot be just thrown around without context. Unless you are talking about being hacked then that’s something very different as well.

As I very clearly mentioned in my post, that was my opinion.
This is an article I have come across, hope that shines some light into what I was saying. Again, the article doesn't specify edge AI, but we know BRN could be a key player in cybersecurity.
As to Facebook and Snapchat, well, those were examples, and when I thought about data leaks, those were the companies that came to my mind. Again, it is my opinion.

Ok, here's something I have wanted to talk about for a while.

Many of us love swimming in the ocean.
We know there are sharks in there.
We still do it. Because it is fun.

We love investing in disruptive companies like Brainchip.
We know there are sharks out there with all sorts.
We still do it. Because it can be life changing.

I think it is about time we accept this fact, and stop blaming others for what's happening on the market.

Yes, there could be manipulation, in every share on ASX which includes Brainchip.
But what can we do about this?

ASX is their ocean, and we are just swimming in it.
We need to be careful, look for warning signs, keep finger on the market pulse and act accordingly.

Once I realised this, I stopped the blame game on manipulation, because quite frankly, they helped me accumulate shares in around 6 accounts over the last few years. Thanks to the SP appreciation, around 90% of my main account is BRN shares.
Make use of the market conditions, accumulate if you can, sit out or stay put... but whatever you do, we need to realise manipulators alone do not control the market.

We all enjoyed the share price going to $2.34, if not for the shorts and manipulators we would not have reached that levels.
Not many people think about this.

We are adults and we need to take responsibility for our actions, and stop blaming others. If you make decisions to buy or sell, just because an up ramper or down ramper made comments on a public forum, you need to stay off the market for a bit, read up, prepare yourself psychologically and come back again later. We need to be able to hear both sides of arguments when investing, that is how we learn and grow. We cannot control how people invest, trade, or make money on the markets. We can only control our own actions and our behaviour towards the information we receive - how we receive this information and what we do with it.

There are more than 100 million shorts on BRN now, and all we need is one good Announcement to put a smile on our face.

TSE is still a great platform, I went to HC two days ago after a long time to compare, and it is still a cess pool. If you still visit it, you know what I am talking about. We have community moderation here, if you feel someone is making disparaging comments or down ramping, report it. Zeebot has created the platform but it is up to us to keep it sane. And from what I see, we do a great job.

I know many won't like this view, but it is another view and is mine.

Akida Ballista.
Awesome post Mr.Bacon

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Mccabe84

Regular
Just wanted to pick some minds here, what is everyone’s realistic expectation or opinion on the up coming 4c? As for the past couple of ones i have had no expectations, I will keep the same sentiment for the up coming one. I just really really wish to be proven wrong.
Im not expecting anything in the 4C till the 2nd half of this year

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users
Just wanted to pick some minds here, what is everyone’s realistic expectation or opinion on the up coming 4c? As for the past couple of ones i have had no expectations, I will keep the same sentiment for the up coming one. I just really really wish to be proven wrong.
From memory Megachips is the only company that has signed and sealed IP licence with payment for such licence outstanding. It has been accrued but not paid. From memory this is because there were milestones for product sales in the Ip licence. The half yearly recognised product sales and engineering associated to that licence. I am hoping that those milestones have been met and payment has been made ie recognised as cash receipted in this coming 4c. Hoping for $4m from Megachips. Bonus if Socionext or renasus has paid something.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Diogenese

Top 20
That fantastic article 4 Bits Are Enough got me digging into a little deeper into some of PvDM's writings.

https://www.mdpi.com/1424-8220/19/22/4831

I was thinking about the input spike data. For more simple pattern detection, my assumption it is typically an array of numbers. I could be way off with the voice or text, but video pixels would be numbers. Sound would be numbers, and all packed into an array, I believe. A big array, lots of numbers.

So I thought Akida version one was targeting use-cases where the events happen rarely. For example, the use-case of an endangered animal walking in front of a battery powered wilderness video camera. Only when it sees the very rare (less than 300 alive) Florida Panther does it trigger the event.

So lots of zeros, until some sort of animal passes past the camera, where motion detection triggers the video camera.

Then with the 1000fps video camera, I suppose that is Akida making inference and machine learning on 1000 fps is awfully special. On the edge, where only real events get captured and passed to the cloud on some timetable.

From sparse to fastest of all time!

Perhaps only the Brainchip SNN Team really knows, with their secret JAST sauce. Perhaps (low event bits, and after the first 4 events, Akida will demote all to zero). i==BigfanHere!

Just trying to always learn more.

View attachment 27127
Hi Stuart,

I'm not sure I follow your drift.

"I was thinking about the input spike data. For more simple pattern detection, my assumption it is typically an array of numbers. I could be way off with the voice or text, but video pixels would be numbers. Sound would be numbers, and all packed into an array, I believe. A big array, lots of numbers."

There's quite a lot I don't understand about how Akida works, but here is a summary of my understanding.

Sensor data is analog. For instance, a pixel puts out a voltage signal whose amplitude is proportional to the strength of light hitting the pixel.

A digital camera will then have an Analog to Digital Converter (ADC) to convert the analog pixel signal to digital bits, say 16 bits. As you say, these digital numbers are arranged in an array corresponding to the pixel array.

The matrix of these digital bits is what CNN operates on to classify the object being photographed. When the CNN compares small segments (sliding windows) of the matrix with the images stored in the 16-bit image model library, it performs a Multiply Accumulate computation (MAC) by multiplying the two 16-bit numbers together for each pixel. The processing is sequential as the sampling window "slides" across the larger matrix.

Akida uses N-of-M coding and the JAST rules directly on the analog pixel signal.

The strength of the light impinging on a pixel determines both the amplitude of the analog signal and the time when the signal is generated, the stronger the light input, the faster the analog signal is generated. N-of-M coding utilizes this timing to select the strongest incoming signals (N signals) and to ignore the later arriving (M-N) signals because most of the image information is contained in the stronger signals. The pixels are processed in parallel so the timing of the input analog signals can be compared, hence the millions of neurons.

In addition, where the content of adjacent pixels is the same (within a predetermined threshold value), only the first pixel is processed. This provides sparsity in processing so only edges of uniform image segments are processed.

Thus
CNN requires the ADC process for every pixel - Akida does not need ADC.
CNN processes every pixel - Akida only processes N-of-M pixels
CNN processes every pixel - Akida only processes changes in pixel strength.
CNN uses MAC for every pixel - Akida does not use MAC.
CNN runs entirely in software on a CPU. Akida runs in a SoC almost without CPU involvement*
CNN requires the fetching of instructions and image data from memory (von Neumann bottleneck) - Akida stores the data with the NPUs.

*Akida 2-bit and 4-bit operation now uses of the order of 3% CPU operation and 97% silicon for recurrent NNs.
https://brainchip.com/4-bits-are-enough/

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 30 users

Getupthere

Regular
I’m not expecting too much from the Dec 4c.

Particularly with renesas only Taping out last month.

Looks like Renesas were 6 months behind schedule.

Bring on 2023!!

• Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

Diogenese

Top 20
@Diogenese

Further info I posted on Horse Creek, SiFive etc beginning of Jan.

Have zoomed in and snipped a couple pics from presso which were interesting I thought.

Additional IP such as AI accelerators and I see they using Xilinx on the board too.

Not sure if any of this assists our opps of getting involved at some point?

View attachment 27129 View attachment 27130
Hi Fmf,

Intel of course have their own NNs, and I think it's too early to have Akida in the Intel Horse Creek mix.

Xilinx Spartan is a COTS FPGA.

https://www.xilinx.com/products/silicon-devices/fpga/spartan-6.html

FPGA are Xilinx's bread and butter, so it would be drawing a long bow to link BrainChip to Intel via Xilinx.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

TasTroy77

Founding Member
I Am not expecting any substantial revenue in the 4C until the second quarter of 2024 in regard to royalty payments.
Ongoing engineering fees and hopefully more licence agreement payments as Sean Hehir mentioned that they were trying to achieve.

if you think about it the time line from initial Eap testing - licence agreement- the extensive training of the companies engineers- integration into a new product may take quite a few years to come to market especially with Automotive products that has to be accountable for all the safety elements that encompasses that industry and government regulations.

All this should come as no surprise as Sean said Revenue would be lumpy and mentioned headwinds in the last quarterly.

A certain degree of patience will be required for the next 18 months as everything dose not always go to plan even in the best company and due to macro global economic pressures the baby often gets thrown out with the bath water.

The share price I could not predict this year. If we are under $5 I will be taking up @Realinfo offer of an afternoon at "The Briars "
I am very confident that Brainchip will be the go to solution for Edge Ai devices and by 2025 we should be flying , INTEL, ARM and Mercedes don't associate with turds that's for sure.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

TasTroy77

Founding Member
(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)

Haven't even taped out the chips and you are talking launch dates!!!

Settle petal.

(y)(y)(y)
I believe that Tech is referring to the latest incarnation of AKIDA not the Renesas development.

• Love
Rise, enjoyed that a lot. And the best bloke in the room was - the Aussie!
Thanks for watching and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I don't know about your circle of people but in mine the most successful in business and everyday life are the most laid-back people I know prior to being successful and after.
A lot of people cloud their judgement with being too serious too stubborn or fail to see the other side of the coin or refuse to admit they got it wrong.
I got zero time for those types, life's too short to be wasting time. 🍻

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

Kachoo

Regular
Well they had some 3 million owing but that's not necessarily going to be all received yet.

I'd be happy swing 1.5 to 2 million this C4.

But again it's really up in the air.

I would like some guidance from the company as to where they are headed why we did the finance now not when the market maybe stronger. Is it cause they have money out flow that need to be met sooner. Either way things have really been quite amazing with the intake of partners and growth potential. It's comming. The foundation is being laid. We need to be realistic when and where the money will come.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
If we want to be realistic with “lumpy” revenue this 4c then expect a hard drop in SP. personally I feel like I should have sold some shares rather than riding the wave to 2.30 and back down to where the sp is.
If you want to have a cry about your decisions go to hotcrapper. If you want to create fud keep it to yourself.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
I could not find any mention via TSE search of this report written in 2019 (link in title below)

@Diogenese @Fact Finder @uiux or other LTSHers seen it before?

THE AI ACCELERATION: IMPLICATIONS FOR THE US AIR FORCE OF 2030

Written by James Olds from George Mason University, Professor of Neuroscience, Policy and Government (Co-authored by several others)

Sponsored by the Air Force Office of Scientific Research

The report is fantastic and much of it reads like an advertisement for the solving of countless forecasted US Air Force issues by BrainChip’s Akida

No wonder they were so excited to partner with us

ISL are using Akida neural network processor to develop an AI-driven radar research solution for the Air Force Research Laboratory.

However there are so many more use cases that the USAF could be investigating

62D5A2DB-6B43-4513-81D1-D31419D63855.jpeg

View attachment 27138

Selected sample from the report below
Issues in red and solutions in green

c. Intelligent Satellite Deployment and Maintenance.

Description: Given the growing challenge of contested space and increases in space-based-capabilities, it is imperative to establish intelligent and robust satellite systems for Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR)-type missions.

Since the satellites are expensive investments at special risk of cyber-attack, they are even more worthy of specific protections, which intelligent deployment and maintenance would provide.

State of the art: Conventional strategy placed the satellite as a sensor and a relay. Images and data are collected and transmitted essentially wholesale to ground-based data processing sensors.

While this allowed for high-fidelity information in high-consequence decision making, increases in sensor fidelity have created an unprecedented bandwidth bottleneck.

Limits in Size, Weight, and Power (SWaP) currently restrict available onboard computation. US DOD and IC assets in low earth orbit and geosynchronous orbit are increasingly at risk from kinetic attack.

They are also potentially vulnerable to cyberattacks via compromise of uplink or novel close proximity manipulation by adversary maneuverable spacecraft. Such modalities must be anticipated well in advance and counter-tactics devised.

Goal: The Air Force should look to intelligent sensors capable of using context-aware saliency machine learning to allow reducing transmissions to mission-critical information.
Systems must be robust and resilient by design.

Additionally, machine intelligence can provide enhancements and annotations to remote sensing data enabling better-informed analysts and ultimately faster and more robust decision making.

Algorithmic advancements will require concomitant improvements in computing performance-per-Watt, likely through the development of non-von Neumann computing architectures.

Advancements in material science, additive manufacturing, autonomous robotics, and Al may enable in-orbit repair.

Additive manufacturing services may provide space-based modification and upgrading capability. Advanced variable-flexibility and solar-cell-woven materials may form the basis for modular, self-organizing maintenance robots.

Ultra-low-power neuromorphic computer architectures
may enable these autonomous or semi-autonomous agents with advanced decision-making and control system algorithms at stringent SWaP requirements.

Executive summary and contents pages

1673767338467.png

1673767362976.png

1673767388104.png

1673767411982.png

1673767454662.png

1673767477338.png

1673767507498.png

1673767571979.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users
Sean Hehir announcing Information Systems Labs joining the BrainChip Early Access Program in January 2022

ISL has decided to use Akida and Edge-based learning as a tool to incorporate into their portfolio of research engineering and engineering solutions in large part due to our innovative capabilities and production-ready status that provides go-to-market advantages,” said Sean Hehir, BrainChip CEO.

“We are pleased to be included as the AI- and Edge-based learning component of ISL’s research sponsored by AFRL. We feel that the combination of technologies will help expedite its deployment into the field.”

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users
If you want to have a cry about your decisions go to hotcrapper. If you want to create fud keep it to yourself.
A discussion of reality is not crying maybe you have some lingering issues in the family that may lead a discussion to crying and for that I am sorry and thanks for the advice but I will keep posting anything I want if you have an issue then you know what to do 🤡

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

equanimous

A discussion of reality is not crying maybe you have some lingering issues in the family and for that I am sorry and thanks for the advice but I will keep posting anything I want if you have an issue then you know what to do 🤡
There has been some excellent posts today then there is yours and obvious intentions to upset the mood stir the pot

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

equanimous

What the fuck do I get from stirring the pot? Are you going to pay me or tse then sure I’ll happily stir it for a beach house. If there is no substantial revenue then I the share price will drop heavily as seen in the previous 4c. If there is revenue then it will not drop rather the opposite. Please tell me what I have said in the above is wrong and don’t fking say I’m stirring the pot. I’m not talking about long term im talking about the next 4c.
People responded to your post with their expected opinions on the 4C but then you took it further was this comment really necessary which is the same commentary the shorters have been saying in hotcrapper.

if we want to be realistic with “lumpy” revenue this 4c then expect a hard drop in SP. personally I feel like I should have sold some shares rather than riding the wave to 2.30 and back down to where the sp is.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

FJ-215

Regular
Ok, here's something I have wanted to talk about for a while.

Many of us love swimming in the ocean.
We know there are sharks in there.
We still do it. Because it is fun.

We love investing in disruptive companies like Brainchip.
We know there are sharks out there with all sorts.
We still do it. Because it can be life changing.

I think it is about time we accept this fact, and stop blaming others for what's happening on the market.

Yes, there could be manipulation, in every share on ASX which includes Brainchip.
But what can we do about this?

ASX is their ocean, and we are just swimming in it.
We need to be careful, look for warning signs, keep finger on the market pulse and act accordingly.

Once I realised this, I stopped the blame game on manipulation, because quite frankly, they helped me accumulate shares in around 6 accounts over the last few years. Thanks to the SP appreciation, around 90% of my main account is BRN shares.
Make use of the market conditions, accumulate if you can, sit out or stay put... but whatever you do, we need to realise manipulators alone do not control the market.

We all enjoyed the share price going to $2.34, if not for the shorts and manipulators we would not have reached that levels.
Not many people think about this.

We are adults and we need to take responsibility for our actions, and stop blaming others. If you make decisions to buy or sell, just because an up ramper or down ramper made comments on a public forum, you need to stay off the market for a bit, read up, prepare yourself psychologically and come back again later. We need to be able to hear both sides of arguments when investing, that is how we learn and grow. We cannot control how people invest, trade, or make money on the markets. We can only control our own actions and our behaviour towards the information we receive - how we receive this information and what we do with it.

There are more than 100 million shorts on BRN now, and all we need is one good Announcement to put a smile on our face.

TSE is still a great platform, I went to HC two days ago after a long time to compare, and it is still a cess pool. If you still visit it, you know what I am talking about. We have community moderation here, if you feel someone is making disparaging comments or down ramping, report it. Zeebot has created the platform but it is up to us to keep it sane. And from what I see, we do a great job.

I know many won't like this view, but it is another view and is mine.

Akida Ballista.
G'day BL,

@BaconLover in case this doesn't compute......

Stand out post of 2023!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do I express this.......

Akida wishes it had posted this comment.!!!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users
Top Bottom