The web just keeps on growing...
Tip of the iceberg Buddy...............

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Townyj

Ermahgerd
Tip of the iceberg Buddy...............
Cant wait for the web to be wound up tight.. like when a spider catches its prey. All bundled up!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
ARM, NASA, ISL, Intellisense, MegaChips, Renesas, SiFive, Valeo, Ford, Mercedes Benz, Edge Impulse, TCS, Biotome, NaNose, Nviso, Vorago, US Airforce Research, NUMEN, DELL Technologies, Prophesee, Sanyo, Socionext, Panasonic, Saleslink, Eastronics, Salient Systems, ZF, Plumeria, Honda, BMW, CISCO, Siemens, Renault, Safran, Toyota, KUKA, Huawei, AWS, Xperia, Sony, MosChip, Magik-Eye.....

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 69 users

Townyj

Ermahgerd
FF you forgot Sony...

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield
Jack Black Reaction GIF

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
FF you forgot Sony...

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield
Jack Black Reaction GIF
Yes I did. It was a memory test and I am disgusted as I also forgot Xperia sorry. FF😞

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Great find @Getupthere!

Presumably this means we will see revenue coming through on this at the end of the year as the article states, "There are currently no Level 3-equipped cars for sale in the U.S., although that could change later this year, as Mercedes-Benz has announced that it intends to offer the S-Class and EQS with the feature in California and Nevada by the end of 2022."

The other article I have attached, dated 10 April 2022, describes the technology behind Mercedes being able to achieve Level 3. Unless I am totally wrong (which isn't inconceivable), Level 3 doesn't happen without AKIDA! 🥳

(Extract Only)

Mercedes is aiming to be the first automaker to bring legal Level 3 automated driving off the test track to the masses in its full-size, luxury S-Class vehicles. The question is whether it should, especially considering the Everest-sized challenges that lay ahead — even if the economic opportunities include cornering a piece of the estimated $220.4 billion autonomous driving market.

The stakes are high, too. The Mercedes Level 3 system has to handle multiple tasks all at once, including recording and exchanging vast amounts of data and giving ample time and warnings for the human driver to take back control when something goes sideways. There are the legal risks that Mercedes has pledged it will take on when the system is engaged, and there are even geopolitical ones: Mercedes uses the Russian GLONASS system for its global positioning information in Germany, for instance.

And yet, Mercedes is plowing ahead despite the risks, because the opportunity is just too vast to ignore. While other manufacturers like Tesla claim to have fully autonomous driving systems, Mercedes is the first to pass the required legal hurdles in the U.S. and in Germany to offer the conditional system to consumers. While the timeline is a bit fuzzy because Mercedes is still working through those legal requirements, the system could be in consumers’ driveways as soon as mid-2023.

The technology

In the trunk of one of the four development vehicles parked in the garage of the Proper Hotel in Santa Monica sits a huge chassis of computer components. When we arrive, the trunk is open to let the components breathe, according to the test driver. There’s no room for your coveted golf bags or luggage here.

These components register, record, manage and upload as much as 2.87 GB of data per minute when the car is in regular operation. If an incident occurs while the vehicle is underway — say, for example, someone cuts off the development vehicle in traffic and forces a panic stop — the system takes in as much as 33.73 gigabytes of data so that engineers can take a closer look at what happened and improve the system.

Customers who own the S-Class vehicles equipped with the Drive Pilot system will not have to contend with computer components hogging up the trunk space. Instead, some of that data will be kept on board, while much of it will be uploaded to a secure cloud system.

That data all comes from a variety of sensors around the vehicle, a few of which will be new to future S-Class vehicles that have been ordered with the new Drive Pilot system. While the company wouldn’t disclose specific costs of the system, representatives did say that it will cost as much as their top-of-the-line Burmester audio system. That audio system on the S-Class is a $6,700 option alone, yet requires the addition of a separate $3,800 package, bringing the rough total to around $10,500. That’s getting close to the cost of Tesla’s “Full-Self Driving” system, which currently is a $12,000 option.

The conditional Level 3 Drive Pilot system builds on the hardware and software used by Mercedes’ Level 2 ADAS system known as Distronic. It adds a handful of additional advanced sensors as well as software to support the features. Key hardware systems that will be added to future S-Class vehicles configured with the Drive Pilot upgrade include an advanced lidar system developed by Valeo SA, a wetness sensor in the wheel well to determine moisture on the road, rear-facing cameras and microphones to detect emergency vehicles, and a special antenna array located at the rear of the sunroof to help with precise GPS location.

The Valeo lidar system is more advanced than what is on the current generation of S-Class, in that it scans at a rate of 25 times per second at a range of 200 meters (approximately 650 feet). This is the second generation of the system, according to the Valeo spokesperson at the event. The system sends out lasers, which then create points in space to help the AI classify the type of object in and around the path of the vehicle, whether it’s human, animal, vehicle, tree, or building. From there, the AI uses data from the other sensors around the car to determine more than 400 different projected paths for itself and the potential paths for the vehicles, pedestrians, and motorcyclists around it, and chooses the safest route through.

The wetness sensor is a small round audio sensor positioned at the rear of the front driver wheel well and it determines how damp the road surface is. When the road is wet, droplets are thrown up against it, creating an audible patter. When the system “hears” that patter, Drive Pilot will be disabled and the human in the driver seat will need to take over.

Drive Pilot is already on the autobahns:

https://www.motor1.com/news/584121/mercedes-level-3-autonomous-tech-on-sale/

Mercedes Drive Pilot Level 3 Autonomous Tech Officially On Sale In Germany

Germany is the first country where Level 3 self-driving tech is legal.

Mercedes sells semi-autonomous cars in Germany

May 06, 2022 at 2:50am ET

By: Angel Sergeev

The two flagship models from Mercedes-Benz, the S-Class and the all-electric EQS, will soon be able to be ordered with conditional self-driving tech in Germany. Starting from May 17, the so-called Drive Pilot system will be offered as an extra-cost option for the two sedans, allowing the driver to hand the entire control of the machine over to the system under certain conditions.

The Stuttgart-based automaker became the first in the industry to receive international approval for Level 3 autonomous tech in December last year. Releasing the system on the market now becomes the next logical step and Mercedes will ask €5,000 for Drive Pilot on the S-Class and €7,430 on the EQS, respectively around $5,260 and $7,813 at the current exchange rates. These figures include both the required hardware and software and for now, no further subscriptions are needed.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

Townyj

Ermahgerd
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Shorters, or yella bellied "holders" gave the share price a good ol push down, yesterday and today, basically the same pattern (note the volume bars).

_20220629_114509.JPG

Might be another push, near the end of the day, helped by day traders getting out.

I hope there are no sad faces here!
If you believe in the company, now "could" be the Golden Opportunity to top up..

But nobody knows, where markets could go from here, in reality, they "should" still be going down.

So don't over extend yourself, or buy shares that you can't afford to hold on to.

My opinions only, not financial advice and telling myself this, as much as anything..

Good Luck to all Holders.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 44 users

TECH

Regular
Just a quick update.

It appears that the move to the new Research & Innovation Centre in Perth will take place in early August, a slight delay from initial
expectations of a June move...but it's all cool, having everything set up right is the key thing moving forward, as I'm sure the staff will
really appreciate.

Tech x :rolleyes:

• Love
Reactions: 45 users

jk6199

Regular
I just had a look at the trades and see numerous small amounts trying to hold the price down?
Are shorters getting more desperate, or is there still tax sell offs, or are some of you on here buying in 20 & 30 share lots?
Not sure who would be selling at these prices with what’s to come?
My opinion only!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
This is interesting as I was unaware of this string in the Siemens bow:

From everything I have read about EV charging systems you really need a lot of intelligence both from the point of view of the EV and the Electricity Grid. Saving small amounts of power everytime someone connects an EV to charge once EV's are at scale would really mount up.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users
I just had a look at the trades and see numerous small amounts trying to hold the price down?
Are shorters getting more desperate, or is there still tax sell offs, or are some of you on here buying in 20 & 30 share lots?
Not sure who would be selling at these prices with what’s to come?
My opinion only!
A few minutes ago an eye wateringly pathetic one third of one percent of shares on issue had been traded according to Commsec. The joke continues but is still not funny regardless of how it is told. Blind Freddie is outside according to him doing something more important than watching day to day share movement. When I asked what was more important he said he was looking for a needle in a haystack. Well the jokes on him because we do not even have a haystack.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
Reactions: 22 users

Foxdog

Regular
Shorters, or yella bellied "holders" gave the share price a good ol push down, yesterday and today, basically the same pattern (note the volume bars).

View attachment 10399

Might be another push, near the end of the day, helped by day traders getting out.

If you believe in the company, now "could" be the Golden Opportunity to top up..

But nobody knows, where markets could go from here, in reality, they "should" still be going down.

So don't over extend yourself, or buy shares that you can't afford to hold on to.

My opinions only, not financial advice and telling myself this, as much as anything..

Well I for one couldn't resist a tiny top-up at .84.

When you look at FF's impressive list of potential users of AKIDA I just can't believe that we won't get an announcement from at least one of them soon.

• Love
Reactions: 24 users

Diogenese

Top 20
ARM, NASA, ISL, Intellisense, MegaChips, Renesas, SiFive, Valeo, Ford, Mercedes Benz, Edge Impulse, TCS, Biotome, NaNose, Nviso, Vorago, US Airforce Research, NUMEN, DELL Technologies, Prophesee, Sanyo, Socionext, Panasonic, Saleslink, Eastronics, Salient Systems, ZF, Plumeria, Honda, BMW, CISCO, Siemens, Renault, Safran, Toyota, KUKA, Huawei, AWS, Xperia, Sony……
and a couple that have dropped off the LiDaR:
Magik Eye, MosChip.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 22 users

and a couple that have dropped off the LiDaR:
Magik Eye, MosChip.
MosChip I remembered and actually thought I had included but but did forget Magik-Eye. All better now. There are quite a few names (44) now to keep in mind all the time. It was so much easier when Brainchip did not tell us anything about EAP's, partners and customers. Those were the good old days. 😂🤣😂😎

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Lex555

Regular
Well I for one couldn't resist a tiny top-up at .84.

When you look at FF's impressive list of potential users of AKIDA I just can't believe that we won't get an announcement from at least one of them soon.
I’m sure we’ll get another announcement soon enough, along with more to follow but with changing global market conditions, mainly rising interest rates all growth stocks have been savaged with market seeking more immediate returns. I think the proverbial rocket will come when we get consistent revenues as the market as a whole looks towards more tangible results in companies

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Ian

Founding Member
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Home101

Regular

View attachment 10399

The shorts have increased their positions lately.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220629-123946_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220629-123946_Samsung Internet.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 76
  • Sad
  • Haha
Just ran across this story and thought @DingoBorat will love this as an imaginary made up thingy is now a unicorn and the most advanced real live technology in the world that is proven in silicon is 84 cents a share. Funny world but well done to these enterprising young Australians:

Meet the Chinese Australians who turned an NFT start-up into a unicorn in nine months​

7h ago
React3 Comments|

• Save

1656470847083.png

Magic Eden co-founders (left to right) Sidney Zhang, Jack Lu, Zhuoxun Yin and Zhuojie Zhou. (Supplied: Magic Eden)
© Provided by ABC BusinessMagic Eden co-founders (left to right) Sidney Zhang, Jack Lu, Zhuoxun Yin and Zhuojie Zhou. (Supplied: Magic Eden)
阅读中文版
When Sidney Zhang flew from Melbourne to San Francisco, hoping to make it big in the tech world of Silicon Valley, his parents thought he was "insane".
Especially when his first cryptocurrency company "went up in flames like a dumpster fire" and when he found himself living on a boat for a few weeks.
The Hair Oil By AUGUSTINUS BADER (30Ml) - Hair-Strengthening Hair Oil Treatment.
Ad
Augustinus Bader Store

At one point, due to San Francisco's rental market costing a fortune, he secretly lived at a co-working space — convincing others he just arrived early and left late.
But it has all turned around for Mr Zhang after the company he co-founded became a "unicorn" last week.
He's now the chief technical officer and co-founder of Magic Eden, a US-based company that provides an online marketplace for non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
The company last week raised $US130 million ($188 million), bringing its valuation to $US1.6 billion ($2.3 billion).
That gave Magic Eden its coveted status as a unicorn — a privately-owned start-up with a valuation of more than $US1 billion ($1.4 billion).
Mr Zhang found his feet in tech after starting multiple degrees in more traditional fields — law, international relations, accounting — before completing a finance degree and undertaking a masters of computer science.
But he also turned down what might have appeared to be a more stable job at Australian financial services company Macquarie Capital.
"My parents thought I was insane … but I also know that they have always been very supportive of the choices I made and the things I'm trying to do," he said.

From Glen Waverley to Silicon Valley​

Despite the tech entrepreneur's new life in San Francisco, Mr Zhang said that, when he thinks of home, he thinks of Glen Waverley in Melbourne's south-east.
Arriving in Australia at the age of 15, he lived in a house his parents owned while they continued to work in China.
"It was quite free, and really different from China. For the first time, I had a lot of time to pursue [my] hobbies," he told the ABC.
Mr Zhang taught himself how to program, which he described as an "early inspiration" for his future interest in technology start-ups.
In high school, Mr Zhang met Jack Lu — now the chief executive officer of Magic Eden — through a maths tutoring class.
The two soon developed a close friendship and "always knew" that they wanted to "do something in technology".
At the age of five, Mr Lu immigrated to Australia with his parents, who "made many sacrifices" by leaving behind their established careers in China.
Mr Lu said he was "inspired" by his dad, who "had a sense of adventure and wanted to explore new opportunities".
"I just knew I didn't want to be in one [place] forever," Mr Lu said.
Mr Zhang said the experiences of living independently in Australia had enabled him to "take a leap of faith" and move to San Francisco in 2013 where, he said, the entrepreneurial culture and technology market was more "ingrained" than in Australia.
"[San Francisco] was the right place. It was the technology capital of the world and everything was happening," Mr Zhang said.
However, it was tough at times. When he arrived in Silicon Valley, Mr Zhang "didn't know anyone", so mass-emailed chief executives of start-ups to find a job.
Similar to Mr Zhang, Mr Lu wanted "to be immersed" in "heaps of exciting things happening in Silicon Valley" and moved to the US in 2017.
He had worked several jobs before getting the "front-row seats" to the NFT and cryptocurrency space.
Mr Lu said his parents were worried about his endeavours at first, but showed support for him regardless.
Now, Mr Lu's parents "were both very happy" and his dad follows crypto news regularly.
"I think it's his way of connecting with me and making sure I'm doing OK," Mr Lu said.

'The future of art and culture'​

Starting just nine months ago, Magic Eden is a major marketplace for NFTs — one-off digital assets such as art or music, stored on blockchain, which is a form of decentralised digital ledger.
NFTs must be purchased with cryptocurrency, which is also stored on the blockchain.
"NFTs are the future of art and culture," according to the company.
"And, we consider ourselves stewards of the NFT space."
Dr Vy Nguyen — a research fellow at the RMIT Blockchain Innovation Hub — said Magic Eden was one of the "pioneers" of Solana, one of the world's fastest blockchains.
Magic Eden now accounts for about 90 per cent of the Solana blockchain's NFT trade volume.
"That represents a massive opportunity for investors," Dr Nguyen said.
However, the rise of Magic Eden comes amid what some analysts are calling a "crypto winter", a sharp fall in the value of cryptocurrencies as investors close their wallets.
The world's best-known cryptocurrency, bitcoin, has seen its value plummet from more than $US60,000 ($86,000) in November to less than $US20,000 ($28,000) — its lowest level since 2020.
Some cryptocurrencies have seen their value fall even more dramatically.
Dr Weiping He is a researcher on financial markets at Monash University's faculty of law and she is a member of the Monash Blockchain Technology Centre.
[requested pic teaser]
She said the falling value of crypto was reflective of broader economic trends and a "very gloomy" investment environment generally.
However, she said, it was clear some investors — such as Electric Capital, a tech venture capital firm — were still "able to put money into" Magic Eden.
The company's ability to raise $188 million reflected that investors saw Magic Eden as "able to provide better services", Dr He said.
"So that probably partially explains the growth of this particular venture," she said.
"It's really about … whether there is a market for the products they are selling."

The risk of NFTs and cryptocurrency​

Magic Eden has simplified the process of making cryptocurrency transactions on its platform, which could be confusing for a layperson, RMIT's Dr Nguyen said.
"You don't actually need to know much about blockchain and cryptocurrency in order to be on the platform," she said.
However, Dr Nguyen said, anyone who wanted to get involved in blockchain should have both "financial and technological literacy" and be aware that a young company like Magic Eden still faced many future challenges.
"The crypto market is in a bear market right now … and Solana is still a new chain and there are ups and downs that can easily happen in the market."
A bear market refers to when investment prices drop by more than 20 per cent.
Consumer groups in Australia say there need to be stronger protections for those spending their money on cryptocurrency exchanges, particularly to protect against the collapse of crypto exchanges.
"In Australia, there are almost no consumer protections for people who invest in digital currencies, or cryptocurrencies," said Patrick Veyret, a policy adviser at Choice, a consumer advocacy group.
"If suddenly an exchange collapses, [and] we've seen a number of exchanges in Australia collapse, there's no recourse for assistance or compensation for people who have invested their money.
"That applies across all crypto assets, if that's … trading on NFTs or buying bitcoin."

The future of Magic Eden​

Magic Eden's team is mostly US-based but has a "fairly large" team of around 15 people in Melbourne, the company's second-largest international hub.
"I do think one day NFTs will go really big in Asia and in Australia and, maybe, in the future we will have a dual-centre company," Mr Zhang said.
"I'm always trying to come back [to Australia] whenever I can."
Mr Lu said he was "optimistic" that the company would continue to grow, despite the market conditions.
Dr Nguyen said the next challenge for the company would be to "grow a sustainable community".
"Because, without that, it is actually not viable to sustain a marketplace business," she said.

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I'm thinking Akida could be in Toshiba's new LiDAR too? Toshiba Coproration know about neuromorphic sensors because they were involved in the research article "Hand-Gesture Recognition Based on EMG and Event-Based Camera Sensor Fusion: A Benchmark in Neuromorphic Computing"

Toshiba unveils palm-sized LiDAR with 300 m range for autonomous driving​

Polly Allcock 28 June 2022
The Toshiba small laser projector measures 71 cm³ (~4.3-in³). (Image source: Toshiba)

The Toshiba small laser projector measures 71 cm³ (~4.3-in³). (Image source: Toshiba)
Toshiba has revealed new LiDAR technology in the form of a palm-sized projector, measuring 71 cm³ (~4.3-in³). The device can be used to increase the detection range of an autonomous vehicle to 300 m (~984 ft). The company claims that the system can accurately read road conditions for a safer driving experience.

Toshiba has revealed a new palm-sized laser projector for autonomous driving. The new technology would extend the LiDAR detection range of the vehicle to 300 m (~984 ft). The company claims this is a world record for a 1,200 x 84 px image resolution. Toshiba says it would be the world’s smallest LiDAR system, measuring 71 cm³ (~4.3-in³).
The new solution uses multiple projector units to increase the device’s range. The gadget’s small size is achieved through a smaller motor control board and advanced 3D component mounting. Toshiba explained that you could tweak the projector for long-range or wide-angle scenarios.
LiDAR technology is already used in vehicles for Level 3 and Level 4 autonomous driving features. Toshiba suggests that the current system struggles to clearly capture objects in 3D, with particularly poor performance in darker conditions. The new technology from the company would help a car precisely read road conditions, improving the vehicle’s safety.
Toshiba will launch its commercial LiDAR in the fiscal year 2023. While the primary use will be in autonomous vehicles, the technology could also be used for precise infrastructure monitoring, in robots, drones and security devices. The company said that it is exploring partnerships to cover these broader applications.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users
Top Bottom