BRN Discussion Ongoing

F

Filobeddo

Hi @Rocket577 I was all set to email Douglas Fairbiarn but just realised he is batting for our team. Go MegaChips! And go Brainchip. He could have dropped a sly Brainchip hint, but I’m happy with his support.
For those following my golfing around Scotland, The Machrie course on Islay is a must do, especially if it is followed by a visit to Laphroaig distillary.

Your making me a little envious @Dhm , Laphroaig would be on my list along with BenRiach in Moray & Arbelour in Strathsprey as musts

Enjoy 😉

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users
What a great find and the following extract is exciting if you recognise that AKIDA has to be the Ai referred to:

“The synergistic opportunities created by this acquisition are staggering,” Mr. Williams observed. “ISL anticipates, among other things, expanding the reach of SNAP into other sectors and, more excitingly, combining it with the Corporation’s proprietary artificial intelligence systems, which will allow users to explore scenarios beyond those that the human mind can foresee,” he said”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 33 users

MDhere

Regular
The second reply is also intriguing.

Is the leg graphic implying Akida is getting a leg in?

Do the game console hint at something the 1,000 👀 have been discussing already?

Gaming is a good industry in which Akida could get a leg in—not life threatening and k’uge!

View attachment 10306
i saw something on TCS or Panasonic (oops cant remember but i did see it) about an app that turns anything into an avatar. Anyway disregard my vagueness but i did see it somewhere lol

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
What a great find and the following extract is exciting if you recognise that AKIDA has to be the Ai referred to:

“The synergistic opportunities created by this acquisition are staggering,” Mr. Williams observed. “ISL anticipates, among other things, expanding the reach of SNAP into other sectors and, more excitingly, combining it with the Corporation’s proprietary artificial intelligence systems, which will allow users to explore scenarios beyond those that the human mind can foresee,” he said”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
isl2.JPG

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

MDhere

Regular
i saw something on TCS or Panasonic (oops cant remember but i did see it) about an app that turns anything into an avatar. Anyway disregard my vagueness but i did see it somewhere lol
Found it -
In our team at #tcsresearch we are actively working on a)creating 3D human #Avatars from video and their interactions with scene b) #multimedia content creation c) building algorithms for interactive #3D digital representation of a physical environment and d) Re-rendered reality.

(may or may not relate but found it :))

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Jenning

Ken's new pet?

Screenshot_20220629-061518_LinkedIn.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users
F

Filobeddo

Your making me a little envious @Dhm , Laphroaig would be on my list along with BenRiach in Moray & Arbelour in Strathsprey as musts

Enjoy 😉

Oh and if this forum is indeed being trawled for personal details by unscrupulous so & so’s (liquor marketers) , please be advised your always welcome to mine in exchange for sample bottles (at least 15year old) 😉

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

chapman89

Founding Member
AC986073-B03C-437E-A477-534EE2B62069.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 52 users

BaconLover

Founding Member

Before people ask ''where is the Ann''?, can I just say Renesas provides chips for Panasonic. They have been doing so since 2009 as far as I can see. Sorry no link atm.

Renesas 💕Panasonic
Panasonic 💕 NVISO
NVISO 💕 Brainchip
Brainchip 💕 Renesas

Hope they have a big bed.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 50 users
Scary looking unit. Wouldn't buy one for the kids, lol. 💣
Cut the tail off and use as an indoor soft bowling bowl.....with emotions :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

JoMo68

Regular

Major Key players profiled in the report include:
Applied Brain Research
BrainChip Holdings
General Vision
HRL Laboratories
HP Development Company
IBM Corporation
Intel Corporation
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Qualcomm Technologies
Samsung Electronics …

we are on the second place!!!
Sorry to be a party pooper, but it looks like they’re listed in alphabetical order…

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

JoMo68

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Just on Sony & Edge Impulse.

I'm trying to dig around and make my mind up on this product.

Most likely nothing but....couple of potential dots I guess :unsure:

Saw this article last night (from early June) and whilst the Spresense microcontroller been around a while, they have just linked up with Soracom to assist link to the IOT, hence the article. It obviously will have cloud connectivity but I see it is also capable with Edge Impulse for AI support / machine learning and uses ARM chip.

Also added a paste of blog / article by:

Yoshinori Oota
IoT Solutions Business Division / Platform Technology Division,
Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation

Highlighted a couple of lines to consider or look into.

Business news | June 7, 2022

Sony Semiconductor Solutions has teamed up with network provider Soracom to link its SPRESENSE microcontrollers to the Internet of Things (IoT). The SPRESENSE 6-core ARM Cortex M4 microcontroller board is aimed at IoT designs, with multiple sensor inputs, internal GPS, and edge AI support for sensor analysis, machine learning, image…
By Nick Flaherty

Share:

Sony Semiconductor Solutions has teamed up with network provider Soracom to link its SPRESENSE microcontrollers to the Internet of Things (IoT).

The SPRESENSE 6-core ARM Cortex M4 microcontroller board is aimed at IoT designs, with multiple sensor inputs, internal GPS, and edge AI support for sensor analysis, machine learning, image processing and data filtering.

An LTE extension board offers an on-board antenna for global LTE Cat-M1 connectivity and this can be combined with Soracom’s global IoT connectivity through a console and API. This provides access to a wide range of services supporting secure private networking, data and protocol management, and integration with leading cloud platforms.

Spresense is open source and comes with full documentation, tutorials and sample projects with a C/C++ based software development kit (SDK) and the NuttX POSIX compliant real-time operating system (RTOS). There is Arduino IDE support for quick prototyping and sSupport for TensorFlow, NNC and Edge Impulse for machine learning development.

“Collaboration with Soracom enables global connectivity to our IoT SPRESENSE solution, providing an out-of-the-box experience that ensures our customers can be dedicated to driving innovative IoT solutions, especially for Edge AI applications,” said Kenichi Nakano, General Manager, Sony Semiconductor Solutions.

Soracom supports more than 4 million connections with global IoT coverage in more than 160 countries and now offers the SPRESENSE LTE-M IoT Connectivity Kit in its online store. The package also includes the official LTE Extension board for SPRESENSE, a Soracom IoT SIM card, and access to Soracom connectivity and platform services.

“Soracom is committed to partnering with leaders in hardware, software, and services to offer customers a robust global ecosystem that accelerates speed to market and success at scale,” said Kenta Yasukawa, co-founder and CTO, Soracom. “Sony’s SPRESENSE offers IoT innovators an exceptional platform for creation of new connected experiences that take full advantage of edge and the cloud.

www.soracom.io

Board computer that expands the possibilities of edge AI

SPRESENSE™​

Sensing

SPRESENSE™ is a board equipped with smart sensing processors for IoT. It is compact, low-power-consumption, and has a capability of GPS receiving function, supports high-resolution audio codec, and more to enable advanced signal processing. Data gathering and robust processing (recognition/processing) by the sensors are integrated to provide outstanding opportunities in the field of edge AI.

Yoshinori Oota IoT Solutions Business Division / Platform Technology Division,Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation

Yoshinori Oota IoT Solutions Business Division / Platform Technology Division,
Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation

A highly versatile, ultra low power consumption, high-performance processor

SPRESENSE consists of three boards: a main board with the multicore processor having GPS receiver and high-resolution audio codec, a camera board, and an extension board for Arduino users. Even with this level of functionality, the power consumption is low. Drones utilizing the GPS and high-functioning processor, a smart speaker utilizing high-resolution audio recording and playback as well as the built-in full-digital amplifier, or a low-power time-lapse cameras are just a few examples of the many applications of SPRESENSE.

Optimal AI for the places where it is needed​

The strength of SPRESENSE is their ability to acquire data on the spot, wherever AI is needed. AI is normally made to learn from data sets stored in places like cloud. As a result, misclassifications are not uncommon, because the environment in which the data was acquired differs from the environment in which the AI is used. SPRESENSE makes it possible to gather, learn from, and recognize data in the same place. This means that it is possible to create optimal recognition engines for that environment. In addition, the programming to create the engines is extremely simple. Neural networks, too, are now generally created on computers, but the advent of SPRESENSE could change that.

Enabling the identification of defective products through sound​

We have received inquiries regarding industrial applications for SPRESENSE from factory automation field. Presently, machines check images captured from certain angles, and remove defective products, but SPRESENSE makes it possible to simultaneously check sounds as well. The ability to detect abnormal sounds, to emit ultrasonic waves at objects, and check the returning waves should make it possible to detect issues invisible to the eye. The single board computers can also be used in social infrastructure. SPRESENSE installed on utility poles can monitor sounds and detect noises, screams, and other abnormalities. Attempting to do this through the cloud would jam telecommunications lines, but SPRESENSE and LPWA (communication method) used together can engage AI functions with low power consumption. The word "sensing" immediately brings to mind images, but in actuality, sounds are also extremely useful forms of sensing. Sensing and AI are definitely approaching the level of the five senses of humans.

Utilizing AI to make society safer and more liveable​

I believe AI will be applied to make society safer and more liveable in terms of security. The declining birth-rate and aging population are ongoing issues in Japan as well as other advanced countries. As these phenomena continue, society will need assistance from IT systems. The key lies in the sensing, AI, network, and low-power-consumption technology that Sony has honed to date. SPRESENSE has been selected for installation on JAXA satellites. Their purpose is to prove the autonomous control functions of satellites using AI, but we also expect AI that functions in outer space to help society in many ways in the future.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

Next-Gen BMW 5 Series to Get Level 3 Autonomous Driving in Europe: Report

Jun 28, 2022 | 11:27 AM

The yet-to-arrive and newest generation of the BMW 5 Series (platform code G60/G61) hasn’t even been spied without all of its camo yet, and it still won’t be revealed until later this year. A report from the BMW forum Bimmerpost, however, suggests that European buyers might have the chance to order Level 3 autonomous driving on their upcoming 5 series by 2024, a year earlier than previously reported. The source, forum user ynguldyn, is the same as the one that suggested the return of the M5 Touring and previously predicted the launch of the M4 CSL this year.

The report states that the G60 5 Series will go on sale in July 2023, launching with a few ICE models and two i5-branded EVs. Next will come the launch of hybrids and another EV; after that point, the report states that in July 2024, “L3 autonomous driving [will be] added to select European models.” The G61 5 Series (the wagon version) will be offered with Level 3 autonomous drivingat the same time, although the user further notes that they have not seen Level3 functionality (which they claim will be marketed by BMW as “Personal Pilot”) shown as an option for United States-spec cars at all. As one final bit of salt in the wound for U.S. buyers, the report further confirms the U.S. won’t be getting the long-roof 5 Series wagon at all, autonomous or not. The Drive reached out to BMW for any confirmation of the forum post but had not heard back at the time of this story’s publication.

Level 3 autonomy is defined by the SAE as the lowest tier of computerized driving assists that constitute “self-driving” functionality. Most higher-end cars on the market today offer Level 2 autonomy (for example, lane keep and adaptive cruise control working together, such as with Tesla’s Autopilot or GM’s Super Cruise), which still requires active input and attention from the driver at all times. The jump to Level 3 autonomy is massive because it dictates that the driver can stop paying attention to the road for portions of the drive (although they may need to take over when alerted). The car can drive without input from a human being at lower speeds in good conditions, such as in traffic jams on well-lit freeways. There are currently no Level 3-equipped cars for sale in the U.S., although that could change later this year, as Mercedes-Benz has announced that it intends to offer the S-Class and EQS with the feature in California and Nevada by the end of 2022.

BMW would not be the first company to offer Level 3 autonomy—that honor goes to Honda with the Japan-only Legend and followed closely by Mercedes, which already offers the EQS and S-Class in Europe with Level 3 functionality—but it would be part of an incredibly small club. BMW notes that it has been experimenting with self-driving research on public roads since 2011 and has partnered with Qualcomm to build the sensor and computer networks required for autonomous driving. But if the mystery poster is right, the results of those years of development might be seen in short order.

Great find @Getupthere!

Presumably this means we will see revenue coming through on this at the end of the year as the article states, "There are currently no Level 3-equipped cars for sale in the U.S., although that could change later this year, as Mercedes-Benz has announced that it intends to offer the S-Class and EQS with the feature in California and Nevada by the end of 2022."

The other article I have attached, dated 10 April 2022, describes the technology behind Mercedes being able to achieve Level 3. Unless I am totally wrong (which isn't inconceivable), Level 3 doesn't happen without AKIDA! 🥳

(Extract Only)

Mercedes is aiming to be the first automaker to bring legal Level 3 automated driving off the test track to the masses in its full-size, luxury S-Class vehicles. The question is whether it should, especially considering the Everest-sized challenges that lay ahead — even if the economic opportunities include cornering a piece of the estimated $220.4 billion autonomous driving market.

The stakes are high, too. The Mercedes Level 3 system has to handle multiple tasks all at once, including recording and exchanging vast amounts of data and giving ample time and warnings for the human driver to take back control when something goes sideways. There are the legal risks that Mercedes has pledged it will take on when the system is engaged, and there are even geopolitical ones: Mercedes uses the Russian GLONASS system for its global positioning information in Germany, for instance.

And yet, Mercedes is plowing ahead despite the risks, because the opportunity is just too vast to ignore. While other manufacturers like Tesla claim to have fully autonomous driving systems, Mercedes is the first to pass the required legal hurdles in the U.S. and in Germany to offer the conditional system to consumers. While the timeline is a bit fuzzy because Mercedes is still working through those legal requirements, the system could be in consumers’ driveways as soon as mid-2023.

The technology

In the trunk of one of the four development vehicles parked in the garage of the Proper Hotel in Santa Monica sits a huge chassis of computer components. When we arrive, the trunk is open to let the components breathe, according to the test driver. There’s no room for your coveted golf bags or luggage here.

These components register, record, manage and upload as much as 2.87 GB of data per minute when the car is in regular operation. If an incident occurs while the vehicle is underway — say, for example, someone cuts off the development vehicle in traffic and forces a panic stop — the system takes in as much as 33.73 gigabytes of data so that engineers can take a closer look at what happened and improve the system.

Customers who own the S-Class vehicles equipped with the Drive Pilot system will not have to contend with computer components hogging up the trunk space. Instead, some of that data will be kept on board, while much of it will be uploaded to a secure cloud system.

That data all comes from a variety of sensors around the vehicle, a few of which will be new to future S-Class vehicles that have been ordered with the new Drive Pilot system. While the company wouldn’t disclose specific costs of the system, representatives did say that it will cost as much as their top-of-the-line Burmester audio system. That audio system on the S-Class is a $6,700 option alone, yet requires the addition of a separate $3,800 package, bringing the rough total to around $10,500. That’s getting close to the cost of Tesla’s “Full-Self Driving” system, which currently is a $12,000 option.

The conditional Level 3 Drive Pilot system builds on the hardware and software used by Mercedes’ Level 2 ADAS system known as Distronic. It adds a handful of additional advanced sensors as well as software to support the features. Key hardware systems that will be added to future S-Class vehicles configured with the Drive Pilot upgrade include an advanced lidar system developed by Valeo SA, a wetness sensor in the wheel well to determine moisture on the road, rear-facing cameras and microphones to detect emergency vehicles, and a special antenna array located at the rear of the sunroof to help with precise GPS location.

The Valeo lidar system is more advanced than what is on the current generation of S-Class, in that it scans at a rate of 25 times per second at a range of 200 meters (approximately 650 feet). This is the second generation of the system, according to the Valeo spokesperson at the event. The system sends out lasers, which then create points in space to help the AI classify the type of object in and around the path of the vehicle, whether it’s human, animal, vehicle, tree, or building. From there, the AI uses data from the other sensors around the car to determine more than 400 different projected paths for itself and the potential paths for the vehicles, pedestrians, and motorcyclists around it, and chooses the safest route through.

The wetness sensor is a small round audio sensor positioned at the rear of the front driver wheel well and it determines how damp the road surface is. When the road is wet, droplets are thrown up against it, creating an audible patter. When the system “hears” that patter, Drive Pilot will be disabled and the human in the driver seat will need to take over.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

Makeme 2020

Regular
Renesas partners with Tata.

Renesas Partners with Tata to Accelerate Progress in Advanced Electronics for India and Emerging Markets

Strategic Partnership Focuses on Development of Semiconductor Solutions to Drive Leading Technologies Across Automotive, IoT and 5G Systems
June 28, 2022 09:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE:6723), a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, today announced a strategic partnership with Tata Motors Ltd. (TML) and Tejas Networks Ltd. (Tejas), both Tata Group companies, on the design, development and manufacturing of Renesas’ semiconductor solutions for enhancing innovation across electronics systems for the Indian and emerging markets. These joint endeavors extend the companies’ longstanding relationship as technology and business partners, including the recently announced next-generation EV Innovation Center (NEVIC) jointly established by Renesas and Tata Group’s Tata Elxsi in March 2022.
“Renesas and Tata will support the acceleration of progress in advanced electronics and its multitudes of applications for the Indian and emerging markets, which sets us both on a path for continued success.”
Tweet this
The future of automotive systems design lies in a vehicle-centralized, zone-oriented electronic and electrical (E/E) architecture. Renesas and TML will collaborate on developing next-generation automotive electronics to drive leadership performance and scalability for vehicles. Renesas with deep expertise in semiconductor technology will partner with TML to accelerate the development of electric and connected vehicles to further enhance TML’s pre-eminence and market-leading position. To effectively address evolving customers’ aspirations, Renesas and TML will explore a non-exclusive partnership on emerging technologies such as ADAS.
Renesas will collaborate with Tejas for implementing next-generation wireless network solutions. This includes design and development of semiconductor solutions for radio units (RU) used in telecom networks, from 4G, 5G, to open radio access network (O-RAN), which enables open and flexible 5G RAN deployments, in addition to allowing wider interoperability. The companies aim to roll out products and solutions initially for India and aim to expand its footprint in the global markets.
Additionally, Renesas and Tata Consultancy Services Limited (TCS), a company of Tata Group, will partner by establishing a Joint System Solution Development Center in Bangalore. The planned innovation center will focus on comprehensive system solutions for the IoT, Infrastructure, Industrial and Automotive segments by leveraging Renesas’ semiconductor solutions and TCS’ industry experience.
“We see great potential in collaborating with Renesas in areas like automotive electronics and present and future telecom networks. The collaboration will accelerate our presence in these areas in India as well as globally,” said Natarajan Chandrasekaran, Chairman, Tata Sons.
“This partnership brings two industry leading companies closer together, creating numerous benefits,” said Hidetoshi Shibata, President and CEO at Renesas. “Renesas and Tata will support the acceleration of progress in advanced electronics and its multitudes of applications for the Indian and emerging markets, which sets us both on a path for continued success.”
About Renesas Electronics Corporation
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
(Remarks) All names of products or services mentioned in this press release are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

Townyj

Ermahgerd
Renesas partners with Tata.

Renesas Partners with Tata to Accelerate Progress in Advanced Electronics for India and Emerging Markets

Strategic Partnership Focuses on Development of Semiconductor Solutions to Drive Leading Technologies Across Automotive, IoT and 5G Systems
June 28, 2022 09:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE:6723), a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, today announced a strategic partnership with Tata Motors Ltd. (TML) and Tejas Networks Ltd. (Tejas), both Tata Group companies, on the design, development and manufacturing of Renesas’ semiconductor solutions for enhancing innovation across electronics systems for the Indian and emerging markets. These joint endeavors extend the companies’ longstanding relationship as technology and business partners, including the recently announced next-generation EV Innovation Center (NEVIC) jointly established by Renesas and Tata Group’s Tata Elxsi in March 2022.

The future of automotive systems design lies in a vehicle-centralized, zone-oriented electronic and electrical (E/E) architecture. Renesas and TML will collaborate on developing next-generation automotive electronics to drive leadership performance and scalability for vehicles. Renesas with deep expertise in semiconductor technology will partner with TML to accelerate the development of electric and connected vehicles to further enhance TML’s pre-eminence and market-leading position. To effectively address evolving customers’ aspirations, Renesas and TML will explore a non-exclusive partnership on emerging technologies such as ADAS.
Renesas will collaborate with Tejas for implementing next-generation wireless network solutions. This includes design and development of semiconductor solutions for radio units (RU) used in telecom networks, from 4G, 5G, to open radio access network (O-RAN), which enables open and flexible 5G RAN deployments, in addition to allowing wider interoperability. The companies aim to roll out products and solutions initially for India and aim to expand its footprint in the global markets.
Additionally, Renesas and Tata Consultancy Services Limited (TCS), a company of Tata Group, will partner by establishing a Joint System Solution Development Center in Bangalore. The planned innovation center will focus on comprehensive system solutions for the IoT, Infrastructure, Industrial and Automotive segments by leveraging Renesas’ semiconductor solutions and TCS’ industry experience.
“We see great potential in collaborating with Renesas in areas like automotive electronics and present and future telecom networks. The collaboration will accelerate our presence in these areas in India as well as globally,” said Natarajan Chandrasekaran, Chairman, Tata Sons.
“This partnership brings two industry leading companies closer together, creating numerous benefits,” said Hidetoshi Shibata, President and CEO at Renesas. “Renesas and Tata will support the acceleration of progress in advanced electronics and its multitudes of applications for the Indian and emerging markets, which sets us both on a path for continued success.”
About Renesas Electronics Corporation
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
(Remarks) All names of products or services mentioned in this press release are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.

The web just keeps on growing...

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users
Top Bottom