BRN Discussion Ongoing

Galaxycar

Regular
Something doesn't make sense about the huge trading after close on Friday,Surely with all these huge trading days shorters balancing their books look like left hand selling to right or has someone been building up a huge holding,be interesting to see a real top twenty holding. Then virtually nothin today a lot of 1 trades going through.

Reactions: 2 users
Framos link via Sony and Prophesee?

@MC🐠 made a link a year ago

A867AA7E-BF8A-49E7-B1B0-F00410DE73B2.jpeg

DD6939D3-7CBE-4CCC-B0D3-963215E67810.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users

Foxdog

Regular
Reactions: 2 users
Framos link via Sony and Prophesee?

@MC🐠 made a link a year ago

View attachment 9742

View attachment 9743
Doesn't he remind you of one of those people, that you thought were a little crazy and you just blew off, only to realise later, that they were right all along?

Maybe, we need to fossick through the tailings, of his previous ramblings, to see if there's any more, passed over gems? 🤔..

Sorry MC 😛

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

dippY22

Regular
Basically the MegaChips IP deal, could cover everything, in theory.

They have always been secretive about their customers (Japanese companies, don't have the same disclosure rules).
With Nintendo, being the only one publicly known.

If you watch the recent MegaChips podcast.

They are expanding into the US, basically on the back of AKIDA IP and Quadric (complimentary to AKIDA) targeting the Edge markets.

So I think, new customers wanting to conceal a competitive edge, using AKIDA, could now be dealing through MegaChips.

In other words, MegaChips, could be greatly expanding their business and clientele, purely from licencing AKIDA IP.

So while Sean Hehir said, that what's actually going on may not be clear and to "watch the financials".

It might be a good idea, to keep a close eye on MegaChips financials as well 😉

So,....if I understand your post properly, what you are saying is that only Megachips should be showing as the tip of the iceberg. Would that be another way to graphically present what you wrote? dippY

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
I was under the impression that with the rebalancing into asx 200 there would be a certain amount of buying by institutions that leagally had to take place on the date of inclusion. That was supposed to be today, yet Volume is @ about 16 mill.

We had a lot of big buys come in on Friday after market or at closing, is that all we should expect from that or is there something I’m missing in regards to this rebalance?

Anyone feel like helping me understand this?:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

Baisyet

Regular
From Prophesse it self not long ago :)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 50 users
So,....if I understand your post properly, what you are saying is that only Megachips should be showing as the tip of the iceberg. Would that be another way to graphically present what you wrote? dippY
Maybe more that MegaChips, is the lens through which we can see the different features, of the iceberg..
Except, that it's frosted over from the cold and we need to see them in other ways..

Or MegaChips is a dominant feature of the Iceberg, but we can't see past its exterior surface..

The iceberg analogy, is really just getting too simple, for what we are now seeing.

We are experiencing engagements on multiple levels and in multiple ways.

The Brainchip 3 dimensional Web..

Or "Ecosystem" as the Company puts it.

"(in general use) a complex network or interconnected system"

I still like the Iceberg analogy, because it's a classic 👍

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
I was under the impression that with the rebalancing into asx 200 there would be a curtain amount of buying by institutions that leagally had to take place on the date of inclusion. That was supposed to be today, yet Volume is @ about 16 mill.

We had a lot of big buys come in on Friday after market or at closing, is that all we should expect from that or is there something I’m missing in regards to this rebalance?

I guess it just depends on the vesting rules of each of the individual funds concerned.
Those that were required to be "holding" from the particular date of the rebalance are those who purchased aftermarket on Friday, if not in the weeks leading up to it. Seems a pretty "dumb" mechanism to me, but attractive to some no doubt.
I would assume others have more flexibility and are only required to hold within a range or for a proportionate period of time, or both.
For example, I understand Cathie Wood has a high degree of discretion regarding what individual stocks in what amounts she holds at any given time in her various funds. Whilst she may offer guidance from time to time about what she is doing, those who entrust their money to her do so on the understanding that she and her designated team have executive control and call the shots with a high degree of autonomy.
One pays for her expertise with fees paid. I have a portion of my funds under "professional" management, but these days prefer to have most directly invested. I have finally and somewhat bitterly reached the conclusion that no one has more interest in my money than me. :)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

VictorG

I was under the impression that with the rebalancing into asx 200 there would be a certain amount of buying by institutions that leagally had to take place on the date of inclusion. That was supposed to be today, yet Volume is @ about 16 mill.

The institutions can buy anytime but generally take a position within the first few months.
They also have to rebalance their portfolio to know what to sell and what to buy. For this reason they don't necessarily buy the shares all at once, they will add to or subtract from their positions in increments.

• Love
Reactions: 32 users

cosors

👀
Thanks for this cosors,

As you say, it explains the concepts in readily-understandable language.

Although I had deduced the need for 2-bit and 4-bit weights/actuations Akida to use MAC (Multiply Accumulate) calculation circuits, this is one of the first publications I have seen which attributes the presence of MACs to a statement from the company.

There is a trade off between speed/power efficiency and accuracy as the number of bits in the weights/actuations increases.

A 4*4 MAC is roughly speaking 4 times faster/less power hungry than an 8*8 MAC.

A 1-bit (pure spiking) Akida is about 16 times faster/more power efficient than the 4*4 MAC Akida embodiment. [edit: However different layers in Akida can have different numbers of bits, so for example, a first layer may use 4-bits and the next 2 layers may use 1 bit, and the output may (possibly?) use 4 bits. ]

As the article you attached says, Weebit are still trying to get a consistently reproduceable analog MemRistor, as the manufacturing process is difficult to control precisely. Manufacturing variations are a problem for analog neurons/synapses because there are hundreds or thousands of input signals (currents) for each synapse in which the input currents are added to produce an output voltage whose amplitude is determined by the sum of the input currents flowing in a resistor. That is, for each input current, the output voltage increases by a fixed amount. Hence the operating voltage of the circuit must be divided into very small increments to accommodate the number of potential input currents. Thus variations in the resistance of the MemRistor/ReRAM elements can produce errors which accumulate.

The reason this is not a problem with digital neurons/synapses is that the digital voltage has a much greater margin for error because the operating voltage only needs to be divided in half to indicate either a 1 or a zero, and the accumulation of signals is a digital number composed of 1s or zeros.
Maybe this could be useful to you in the discussion in which I can not quite follow.

I'm replying to you on this post because of your comment:
"...to use MAC (Multiply Accumulate) calculation circuits, this is one of the first publications I have seen which attributes the presence of MACs to a statement from the company"

and the term discussed today 'inference', e.g. => "rapidly reducing the number of MAC operations required for inference"
or
"This is done by converting CNNs to SNNs and running inference in the event domain."
or
"Akida “is ready for tomorrow’s neuromorphic technology, but it solves today’s problem of making neural network inference possible on edge and IoT devices,” Anil Mankar, BrainChip co-founder and chief development officer, told EE Times."
https://www.eetimes.com/brainchip-launches-event-domain-ai-inference-dev-kits/

BrainChip-MAC-graph.jpg

MAC operations required for object classification inference (dark blue is CNN in the non-event domain, light blue is event domain/Akida, green is event domain with further activity regularization). (Source: BrainChip)

IPS => Inferences per second
"In one example, a keyword-spotting model running on the Akida development board after 4-bit quantization consumed as little as 37 µJ per inference (or 27,336 inferences per second per Watt). Prediction accuracy was 91.3 percent, and the chip was slowed to 5 MHz to achieve the observed performance. (see graph below)."
BrainChip-KWS-energy.jpg

Power consumption results for a keyword spotting network: Inferences per second per Watt shown by dark blue columns (taller is better); microjoules per inference shown in light blue line (smaller is better) running on Akida development board. (Source: BrainChip)

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users
Thanks for the memories TechGirl,

'It is already working in Europe with T2M, and in discussion with partners in Japan, China and Israel.'

So, does any one know what's happen to T2M ip.
Its a private semiconductor solution company, can't find much about it. Is Brainchip still working with them?

View attachment 9740
Learning
Its great to be a shareholder.
Hi L,

I went to T2M’s website and put Akida in their search bar and they are still advertising Akida however it dates back to 2018. I can’t recall seeing them on Brainchip’s website as a retailer/partner though. I haven’t looked too deeply into them yet but it reads like they are a fabless company similar to Arm. Hopefully they have some customers in the pipeline also. :)

1655730666353.png

Edit: I’ve looked again and T2M definately arent listed on Brainchips partner list. There’s nothing recent in their news after 2020.

There is no recent news/advertising about Akida so based on that I would think whatever agreement they had might have lapsed.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Hi dippyY22,

I read DB post as differently to what you have ask. DB was only replying to Mc84 question of why Brainchip only have a couple of IP licenses.

From my interpretation, of what DB suggest is, company like MegaChips is a great way for other company who want to use Akida, and don't have to deal directly with Brainchip for their advantage. So their could be alot more company using Akida and they are dealing with, Megachips, ARM, Eastronics and SalesLink without having a direct relationship with Brainchip.
So that is only one perspective of the top of the iceberg. The iceberg have many angle and different perspectives and differnt use case.

That's just my opinion.
Cheer.
Learning.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Hi L,

I went to T2M’s website and put Akida in their search bar and they are still advertising Akida however it dates back to 2018. I can’t recall seeing them on Brainchip’s website as a retailer/partner though. I haven’t looked too deeply into them yet but it reads like they are a fabless company similar to Arm. Hopefully they have some customers in the pipeline also. :)

View attachment 9749

Edit: I’ve looked again and T2M definately arent listed on Brainchips partner list. There’s nothing recent in their news after 2020.

Theirs no recent news/advertising about Akida so based on that I would think whatever agreement they had might have lapsed.
Thank SG,

I was doing a few search also, but not much results, and there web pages is not as user-friendly for a laymen's.

Learning.

Reactions: 7 users
I just came across this on LinkedIn:

1655733117709-png.9750

Attachments

• 1655733117709.png
    1655733117709.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 662
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
This is from Prophesee site. Dated 14th June 2022 & iCatch.
20220620_235627.jpg

Its great to be a shareholder.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 52 users

dippY22

Regular
Maybe more that MegaChips, is the lens through which we can see the different features, of the iceberg..
Except, that it's frosted over from the cold and we need to see them in other ways..

Or MegaChips is a dominant feature of the Iceberg, but we can't see past its exterior surface..

The iceberg analogy, is really just too simple, for what we are now seeing.

We are experiencing engagements on multiple levels and in multiple ways.

The Brainchip 3 dimensional Web..

Or "Ecosystem" as the Company puts it.

"(in general use) a complex network or interconnected system"

Hi dippyY22,

I read DB post as differently to what you have ask. DB was only replying to Mc84 question of why Brainchip only have a couple of IP licenses.

From my interpretation, of what DB suggest is, company like MegaChips is a great way for other company who want to use Akida, and don't have to deal directly with Brainchip for their advantage. So their could be alot more company using Akida and they are dealing with, Megachips, ARM, Eastronics and SalesLink without having a direct relationship with Brainchip.
So that is only one perspective of the top of the iceberg. The iceberg have many angle and different perspectives and differnt use case.

That's just my opinion.
Cheer.
Learning.
And it's a fine opinion, too. I don't disagree.

To you, DB and others, I say the change in direction by Brainchip mgt recently to strategically move to I.P. deals (versus chip mfg) leads me to believe there will be many more I.P. deals signed than we can imagine. I don't know when, or how, but they wouldn't have gone this direction if they themselves didn't foresee this happening. So, perhaps partners today will become I.P. sales tomorrow. That's my spin on "partnering"

Or, looking at this another way,....why isn't Megachips just a partner? Because their customers have indicated they want alot of what Brainchip offers.
It strikes me that partners are future I.P. customers who have no idea how much product(s) and revenue will come from our relationship. But when and if they do, it may be to the benefit of the company to sign an I.P. deal with Brainchip.

So, I guess I am sort of agreeing with Mccabe84 and his thinking.

Time will tell. dippY

Reactions: 19 users
And it's a fine opinion, too. I don't disagree.

To you, DB and others, I say the change in direction by Brainchip mgt recently to strategically move to I.P. deals (versus chip mfg) leads me to believe there will be many more I.P. deals signed than we can imagine. I don't know when, or how, but they wouldn't have gone this direction if they themselves didn't foresee this happening. So, perhaps partners today will become I.P. sales tomorrow. That's my spin on "partnering"

Or, looking at this another way,....why isn't Megachips just a partner? Because their customers have indicated they want alot of what Brainchip offers.
It strikes me that partners are future I.P. customers who have no idea how much product(s) and revenue will come from our relationship. But when and if they do, it may be to the benefit of the company to sign an I.P. deal with Brainchip.

So, I guess I am sort of agreeing with Mccabe84 and his thinking.

Time will tell. dippY
Hey dippY, it would be great, if we got a lot of individual IP deals, especially in the short term, for the share price.
But I don't think that's going to happen..

What we will get, is a few enabling "Umbrella" IP deals, which will cover a wide range of customers (who can then remain anonymous, if they wish).

If MegaChips, was just a partner, each one of their AKIDA customers, would have to sign an individual IP usage/licence agreement, with us.

Which would be fantastic!
But that's not what's happened..

MosChip, a similar company to MegaChips (both design chips, but don't produce them) have indicated interest in an IP licence, so there's another possible "Umbrella" deal..
MosChip, having a variety of customers.

ARM and SiFive, also possible IP deals in the future?
Can anyone explain the dynamics of these partnerships, in regards to using our IP?

Who are Valeo going though?
Most likely MegaChips, but who knows?
Maybe we will get an IP deal from them..

Renesas's suite of products, containing AKIDA, will be minor building blocks, in countless numbers of customer applications and you will never, see anything about us on the box, of the device.

All our IP deals, will be at the Top Level, who supply the solutions to the "Household" names, we were originally promised, by the former CEO, LDN.

No one's ever going to get bored, following Brainchip's journey, that's one certainty..
There's mystery and suspense, in spades!

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
Didn’t think this one needed it’s own thread for now.

Has anyone looked into SoftCryptum recently? @MC🐠 possibly?

They posted this LinkedIn post a month ago which has some familiar looking photos of event based object detection, recognition and classification.

I also noticed after a quick google that we already have a partnership with them dating back to January 2019. Brn website post here.

Does anyone have any additional background on this worth discussing or is there a reason why I’ve never seen the name “SoftCryptum” pop up over the last 2 years?

Cheers

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom