BRN Discussion Ongoing

This is from the open of trade yesterday.

View attachment 9456

There was a concerted push from the 84 cent level, to the 80 cent level.

US futures, are looking reasonably positive, although they are not that strong and can change, before open or during the course of trade overnight.

View attachment 9458
I don't think shorters, are so skittish, that they would buy at a loss, the very next day..
But there might be some smart ones..

The Markets are by no means, out of the bear woods and they really shouldn't be.
The Fed 3/4% raise, won't be enough and they cannot raise to a level, that would, in my mind.

That's why we need a rock solid announcement, to really barbeque them! 🔥🔥🔥
Volumes have reduced considerably now and are trickling along..

_20220616_130440.JPG

I'd expect a shorting/trading push down around now.

In fact I dare the shorters to have a go 😛

My amateur observations only.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
Husband and I just got this update in email from Comsec, a bit of promotion for Brainchip going out to however many people have Commsec as their trading platform which I imagine to be many thousands.

1655353446593.png

1655350388840.png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 75 users

GrandRhino

Founding Member
Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
I think you need some tips, from Bravo, is it?...
With the underlining.. 😛
lol yes I couldn't make it thin

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
lol yes I couldn't make it thin
Underlining is easy when you have an iPad you can even freehand draw good looking shapes. Just draw the line or shape and linger until the system straightens it up.

1655353705337.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
So, we still playing with Socionext?

Above my pay grade but curious if Akida got a run?

Ultra-compact 60GHz radar sensor integrates signal processing​

Ultra-compact 60GHz radar sensor integrates signal processing

New Products | June 15, 2022
System-on-a-chip company Socionext has introduced radio-wave ranging sensors that use the 60GHz band with a built-in signal processing circuit for detecting the position and movement of a person with maximum accuracy.
By Rich Pell

Share:

In addition to detecting the position and movements of a person, the SC1240 Series radio-wave ranging sensor’s high-precision sensing and built-in signal processing circuits utilize a 6.8GHz (57.1 ~ 63.9GHz) wide band. This enables the detection of minor movements as positional information, making the device ideal for advanced applications such as tracking human movements and operation by gestures.

The broadband 60GHz radio-wave range-finding sensor with built-in range-finding and angle-calculating signal processing circuit is offered as the industry’s first. It is based on the company’s experience and knowledge accumulated through years developing millimeter-wave radio communication LSIs and 24GHz radio-wave range-finding sensors.
The highly integrated SC1240 series uses 3D position information without the need for high frequency or advanced signal processing technology. It includes multiple antennas, wireless circuitry, A/D converters, FIFO memory, SPI interface, a high-performance sequencer that flexibly changes the duty cycle and controls power consumption, and a signal processing circuit for high-performance distance measurement and angle calculation.
It also provides an autonomous activation function. These features allow users to easily obtain the height and positional data on the X, Y and Z planes for detection of multiple people, gesture without contact, and other high-precision sensing. Following the debut of its SC1240AR3, the company says that it will continue to develop products that meet customer needs and applications.

Sample shipments are scheduled for Q2 2022, and mass production in Q1 2023.
Socionext

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users
D

Deleted member 118

A few new job positions? Or are they old and not been filled yet

33E6AF8D-A4CA-404E-BAC3-67FBA7EA313B.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Another MUST listen from SiFive CEO.

Power efficiency is talked about a lot, his customers reckon its very obvious in mobile, automotive, data centre, and many other applications.

Some of the other descriptions from Patrick:

- Super low power.
- Highly scalable.
- One set of software will work on various continuum.

SiFive are in;
5G infrastructure
Mobile handsets
WiFi gear

Over Hundred customers, on Edge front 1 customer is building security cameras (apparently it's a very well known company)

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
I must add, the camera security company he talked about (a well known company, in his words) he said "is building security cameras and they wanted Edge applications so they get notification when someone appears at the front with a black mask"

That sounds like a perfect fit of our use case.
Does this mean we're already in this particular product which is coming to the market as we speak!?
Time to search for security cameras with Edge functionality 😂

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

GrandRhino

Founding Member
I did too. LOL I was very angry at the time. LOL FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
That's why the 1000 eyes are so useful - we can miss an email and still know what's in the email.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

chapman89

Founding Member
I must add, the camera security company he talked about (a well known company, in his words) he said "is building security cameras and they wanted Edge applications so they get notification when someone appears at the front with a black mask"

That sounds like a perfect fit of our use case.
Does this mean we're already in this particular product which is coming to the market as we speak!?
Time to search for security cameras with Edge functionality 😂
Antonio Viana used security cameras as an analogy in the AGM…..

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Diogenese

Top 20
So, we still playing with Socionext?

Above my pay grade but curious if Akida got a run?

Ultra-compact 60GHz radar sensor integrates signal processing​

Ultra-compact 60GHz radar sensor integrates signal processing

New Products | June 15, 2022
System-on-a-chip company Socionext has introduced radio-wave ranging sensors that use the 60GHz band with a built-in signal processing circuit for detecting the position and movement of a person with maximum accuracy.
By Rich Pell

Share:

In addition to detecting the position and movements of a person, the SC1240 Series radio-wave ranging sensor’s high-precision sensing and built-in signal processing circuits utilize a 6.8GHz (57.1 ~ 63.9GHz) wide band. This enables the detection of minor movements as positional information, making the device ideal for advanced applications such as tracking human movements and operation by gestures.

The broadband 60GHz radio-wave range-finding sensor with built-in range-finding and angle-calculating signal processing circuit is offered as the industry’s first. It is based on the company’s experience and knowledge accumulated through years developing millimeter-wave radio communication LSIs and 24GHz radio-wave range-finding sensors.
The highly integrated SC1240 series uses 3D position information without the need for high frequency or advanced signal processing technology. It includes multiple antennas, wireless circuitry, A/D converters, FIFO memory, SPI interface, a high-performance sequencer that flexibly changes the duty cycle and controls power consumption, and a signal processing circuit for high-performance distance measurement and angle calculation.
It also provides an autonomous activation function. These features allow users to easily obtain the height and positional data on the X, Y and Z planes for detection of multiple people, gesture without contact, and other high-precision sensing. Following the debut of its SC1240AR3, the company says that it will continue to develop products that meet customer needs and applications.

Sample shipments are scheduled for Q2 2022, and mass production in Q1 2023.
Socionext
Hi Fmf,

You've wandered into ogre territory here.

1655354823943.png

This SoC does not include a NN.

If you look at bottom left, you can see the Radar Signal processor which calculates distance and angle.

Looking at the first video, and given the lack of detail of the detected blobs, I doubt even Akida could classify the objects.

1655355400951.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users
Just reading a new paper published recently.

Couple snips on what I found re BRN so far.

Paper attached.

Received April 10, 2022, accepted May 21, 2022, date of publication May 30, 2022, date of current version June 7, 2022. Digital Object Identifier 10.1109/ACCESS.2022.3179047

Hardware-Assisted Machine Learning in Resource-Constrained IoT Environments for Security: Review and Future Prospective
GEORGIOS KORNAROS Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Hellenic Mediterranean University, 71410 Iraklio, Greece e-mail: kornaros@hmu.gr

This work was supported in part by the European Union (EU) Horizon 2020 Project AVANGARD (advanced manufacturing solutions tightly aligned with business needs) under Agreement 869986.

Towards dedicated, specialized AI-workload processors, BrainChips’s Akida neuromorphic processor is a revolutionary advanced neural networking processor that brings artificial intelligence to the edge [133]. The Akida NSoC is designed for use as a stand-alone embedded accelerator or as a co-processor, while also including interfaces for ADAS sensors, audio sensors, and other IoT sensors. Moreover, NeuroEdges are devices that support the implementation of edge computing systems using neuromorphic chips, named NM500 [134], and common commercial embedded boards, however mostly targeted to face recognition [135]. Research results demonstrate considerable advantage for real-time computations, thus savings in terms of the burden of requiring many datasets for effective training.

View attachment 9455

Interesting find particularly with the EU Horizon 2020 project link as this is where NaNose, Technion, Siemens and Siemens Medical initially came together to try and progress the SnifPhone for VOC medical diagnostics.

It is great to see that Brainchip is gaining traction among the wider EU Horizon 2020 community:

“Towards dedicated, specialized AI-workload processors, BrainChips’s Akida neuromorphic processor is a revolution- ary advanced neural networking processor that brings arti- ficial intelligence to the edge [133]. The Akida NSoC is designed for use as a stand-alone embedded accelerator or as a co-processor, while also including interfaces for ADAS sensors, audio sensors, and other IoT sensors.”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users
Reactions: 6 users
Hi Fmf,

View attachment 9469

If you look at bottom left, you can see the Radar Signal processor which calculates distance and angle.

Looking at the first video, and given the lack of detail of the detected blobs, I doubt even Akida could classify the objects.

View attachment 9470
Cheers D

Hence my above my pay grade disclaimer haha

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
When I see large numbers of "people" (28) on the sell line..

_20220616_144055.JPG

That tells me, that the shorters are in da house 😉

Good luck fellas! 🔥🔥🔥

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Valeo's third-gen Scala LiDAR is proving to be a hit. No comments about BrainChip's involvement so far. 👀

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 4.08.04 pm.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Hi Fmf,

View attachment 9469

View attachment 9470
You’ve got to love those “Decimation filters”.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
I have to say I think I have found my new favourite quote:

"Despite the strong run, top performers like BrainChip Holdings have been known to go on winning for decades. So we'd recommend you take a closer look at this one, or even put it on your watchlist." - Simply Wall Street 16.June, 2022

I think this might be the existential truth that Jerome Nadel said was the essence of Brainchip.

Perhaps this is the existential truth the following all know:

ARM
SiFive
MegaChips
Renesas
Mercedes Benz
Valeo
Biotome
Edge Impulse
NASA
DARPA
MOSCHIP