BRN Discussion Ongoing

Kachoo

Regular
AAnnnnnddddd .....................not a one off it seems......................

View attachment 9138
I believe that Anil's daughter works with Tesla. I could be wrong but I remember a post showing that a few years back. If this is false then ill ask to delete the post but i read this someplace im sure of it.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
MEGACHIPS podcast re: their US market entry.

I know this was posted on another thread, but that seems not to have been seen by many so posting it here.

''AI will touch EVERY chip in the future, we're seeing that now in every application and every vertical market''.

Edge AI.
We still have no idea how lucky we are to be on this bus.
I also love the discussion about the cost of implementing customer designs in relation to chip size.

The increase in the Cost of implementation is in the millions of dollars each time a smaller chip is required. i.e. 22nm to 16nm.

The brilliance of AKIDA is the IP can be bought, the tech can be applied to whatever chip is currently being used. There is no need for a company to change chip size or even get a different chip from Brainchip before implementing.
Moving to the new AKIDA tech to facilitate their ambitions is a matter of IP, the number of nodes licensed will open the doors they need.
This gives the customers a little more control over their product and opportunities they wish to pursue, without the added cost of changing

Megachips use a multi foundry strategy to get these chips to their customers
Megachip, is part of the ecosystem which assists customers in taking things to production through core foundries like TSMC and GLOBAL foundries, UMC, Samsung and DMC.

Lastly Doug rated our competition when he discussed foundries they use in saying, we had initial discussions with Intel but don’t use them bc they are "a bit down the road before they are ready for this business" (unless they buy Akida license that is, now thats a shortcut worth investigating)

In due course BRN is going places no other company has before🚀
In that process BRN will take other companies along for the ride

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users
I also love the discussion about the cost of implementing customer designs in relation to chip size.

The increase in the Cost of implementation is in the millions of dollars each time a smaller chip is required. i.e. 22nm to 16nm.

The brilliance of AKIDA is the IP can be bought, the tech can be applied to whatever chip is currently being used. There is no need for a company to change chip size or even get a different chip from Brainchip before implementing.
Moving to the new AKIDA tech to facilitate their ambitions is a matter of IP, the number of nodes licensed will open the doors they need.
This gives the customers a little more control over their product and opportunities they wish to pursue.

Megachips use a multi foundry strategy to get these chips to their customers
Megachip, as part of the ecosystem which assists customers in taking things to production through core foundries like TSMC and GLOBAL foundries, UMC, Samsung and DMC.

Lastly Doug rated our competition when he discussed foundries they use in saying, we had initial discussions with Intel but don’t use them bc they are "a bit down the road before they are ready for this business" (unless they buy Akida license that is, now thats a shortcut worth investigating)

In due course BRN is going places no other company has before🚀
In that process BRN will take other companies along for the ride
gesh you guys think fast and I must type too slow, some points alerady ellaborated on.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20
"I would be shocked if we do not achieve Full Self-Driving safer than a human this year. I would be shocked," Tesla CEO Elon Musk told analysts in January 2022.

Thanks Boab,

@Slymeat will be happy about this:
"The vehicles will be required to store driving data which can be accessed and analysed by authorities in the event of a collision – in a similar way to an aeroplane’s ‘black box’."

A good application for WeeBit.

• Love

Kachoo

Regular
I believe that Anil's daughter works with Tesla. I could be wrong but I remember a post showing that a few years back. If this is false then ill ask to delete the post but i read this someplace im sure of it.
I will correct the post she has left Tesla and is with Amazon. But she did work previously Shital Mankar is her name.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Inflation cannot hurt us today 😩😩😩😩

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
So my question to anyone who can answer...

If MegaChips is working with SAMSUNG does this mean a company like Samsung can technically access our IP via MegaChips for their own products and we will know this only in the way of revenue?

I think I know the answer to this already, but just thinking out loud.
100% and they would do it under NDA, megachips is a partner and also producing products. Partners always wanna make money and they do that is by selling solutions

M_C

Founding Member
I will correct the post she has left Tesla and is with Amazon. But she did work previously Shital Mankar is her name.
Hi Kachoo,

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Avanti Mankar?? I don't see any connection to Shital Mankar?

Capture.PNG

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Just a left field question for all the tech guys out there... would a rad hardened akida driven SOC be affected by an EMP blast? If not, then could this be a strategic advantage in a future tech driven AI war? Hmmm 🤔🤫
Shielding by Faraday cage (tin can) might protect the SoC from the EMP, but all the connecting wiring would pick up some induced charge - coaxial/shielded cable/optical fibre?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users
I think it was SpaceX. Same thing really. FF

Kachoo

Regular
Hi Kachoo,

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Avanti Mankar?? I don't see any connection to Shital Mankar?

View attachment 9162
I'm not sure this info was shared long ago. Like I said I could be incorrect she have to Google Anils family photos and use Akida for recognition lol.

But I see FF said spacex same thing. So anyway I do enjoy the story that's unfolding sit back and get the popcorn and watch. Well I have to work it wealthy yet. 😔

Reactions: 10 users
Article discussing the state of play on chip sizes.

One view & counter view on supply / demand scenarios esp in the 28nm.

Dear chip designers, if you're struggling to get components made, try 28nm. Supply set to overtake demand​

Put your nodes to the grindstone​

Agam Shah Fri 4 Feb 2022 // 13:19 UTC

ANALYSIS Amid the semiconductor crunch, there's an interesting cliff forming at 28nm.

While demand for other process nodes exceeds supply, the tech world's need for that mid-level node may drop below available manufacturing capacity, if not already.

Early indications of a potential oversupply at 28nm emerged during an earnings call with UMC, a top contract microchip manufacturer headquartered in Taiwan.

"On the supply side, based on the announced capacity expansion plan, we do see the oversupply situation at 28nm to happen beyond 2023, not before 2023," Jason Wong, president of UMC, told analysts on the call.

Fabs, such as those owned by UMC, TSMC, and Intel, generally can't churn out chips fast enough to satisfy demand. Microchip makers are adjusting manufacturing capacity accordingly and bringing fresh factories online, raising the possibility of chips flooding the market, with supply eventually matching or outstripping demand.

Analyst firms believe chip shortages will end sometime in 2023, and IDC has predicted an oversupply scenario emerging.

This oversupply issue may in particular hit the 28nm node, which is used by UMC to make microcontrollers as well as integrated circuits for wireless communications, sensors, and mixed-signal applications. UMC also makes chips on a 22nm node.

Financial analysts on a TSMC earnings call last month probed the biz about 28nm oversupply, which plagued the Taiwanese giant in previous years. There is a concern that TSMC and its peers could end up with a glut in capacity after competing to establish multiple rival plants.

TSMC built the world's first 28nm fab in 2011, and last year invested in a new 22/28nm factory in Japan, and is expanding capacity in Nanjing, China. Rival chip manufacturers are also increasing their 28nm capacity; SMIC last year started building a 28nm fab that will begin operation in 2022.

On his call with analysts, TSMC CEO C. C. Wei admitted that 28nm was problematic before the pandemic: his fab lines for that node had a utilization rate just a little bit above 80 per cent in 2018 and 2019. He said he hopes a repeat of this situation can be avoided as chip supplies normalize.

NAND flash controller house Silicon Motion Technology last week said its supplier TSMC was short on capacity at many nodes, though not for 28nm. And if Silicon Motion can't get enough dies on non-28nm, it'll rethink how it can use 28nm to get product out the door, it said.

"We are in severe shortage in certain technology nodes, including 55nm and all advanced technology nodes, 16nm, and 12nm. However, I think we are comfortable in 28nm wafer supply," said Wallace Kou, CEO of Silicon Motion Technology, on an earnings call.

"If we cannot get any additional wafer supply from TSMC, it all depends on how we can fully utilize 28nm with a better product mix."

The demand for microchips is expected to generate $680.6bn in revenue for semiconductor companies in 2022, trending to a trillion dollars in the future with the electrification of cars and companies stuffing more electronics into products.

The age-old pattern​

Chip companies, particularly memory makers, have dealt with volatility for decades, and it is considered part of the semiconductor demand and supply dynamics.

The boom and bust cycle for chip makers are exacerbated by macro events, such as economic crises, natural calamities, and over-or-under investments. Historically, the semiconductor market has crashed after events such as the 2007-2008 financial crisis, which halted IT purchasing, drying up demand for chips.

But the COVID-19 pandemic worked in the favor of chip makers. The demand for chips skyrocketed as people worked and learned at home, leading to PC upgrades and cloud players buying in equipment to power remote collaboration and communication. This collided with semiconductor content increasing in electric vehicles, and already high demand for smartphones, laptops, custom silicon, and servers.

Chip companies have cashed in with record revenues, and committed billions to expand manufacturing via facility upgrades or new factories. Most investments are in state-of-the-art nodes for compute-intensive parts such as graphics accelerators and smartphone system-on-chips, and older nodes for cost-optimized chips, from microcontrollers to integrated analog circuits.

'Precarious'​

The 28nm node may be snubbed or skipped by fab customers in favor of other nodes that offer more performance or are more cost-effective, which could create an oversupply scenario, said Akshara Bassi, an analyst at Counterpoint Research. "So 28nm could be stuck in that precarious transition cycle, where some products are moving to more-advanced-than-28nm faster than expected," Bassi said.

Certain products, such as memory controllers and I/O dies, could also be in a transition phase from lagging nodes to a "little more advanced matured nodes for better cost savings and to meet environmental, social and governance commitments from OEMs," Bassi added.

Microcontroller chips and other embedded parts are advancing to the 14nm node, STMicroelectronics CEO Jean-Marc Chery said in an earnings call last week. He signaled that 28nm is standing at an uncomfortable cut-off point for foundries investing billions in factories.

For chip designers, advancing from 28nm to a node like 22nm is a reasonable jump that, for one thing, opens up the possibility of obtaining more dies from fabs and thus increasing profitability, said Brian Matas, vice president of market research at IC Insights, a semiconductor number-crunching firm.

By shrinking a design to a 22nm node, one ought to get more dies on a wafers and ship more finished components, for example.
"You're able to reduce the prices and pass that on to some of your customers, and at the same time, you're still making more money off that smaller process node," Matas said.

UMC and TSMC acknowledged that a correction will be coming as chip momentum slows down, and that the negative impact on 28nm will be a temporary minor blip, while applications emerge to make the process relevant again.

"We do observe that our long-term structural demand at 28nm was to be well supported by multiple specialty technologies such as CMOS image sensor for multi-camera trend and better nonvolatile memory application and other specialty technologies," TSMC's Wei said. "The enrichment in the silicon content in many end devices that develop in recent years helped to support this demand."

UMC's Wong said oversupply on 28nm in 2023 will be mild for his firm, and that ultimately the node will emerge in the future as a sweet spot for many applications. "Then expect the demand will continue to migrate to 28nm and that 28nm demand will continue to grow," he argued. ®

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users
I'm not sure this info was shared long ago. Like I said I could be incorrect she have to Google Anils family photos and use Akida for recognition lol.

But I see FF said spacex same thing. So anyway I do enjoy the story that's unfolding sit back and get the popcorn and watch. Well I have to work it wealthy yet. 😔
The confusing thing is that Adam Osseiran has a niece working for Google or Amazon and I get them mixed up because Anil congratulated her when she was appointed a few years back.
She could be the SpaceX one. LOL FF

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Quatrojos

Regular

“The importance and demand of data at the endpoint is increasing at an unprecedented scale,” says Hidetoshi Shibata, President and CEO of Renesas. “The acquisition of AI technology is an important milestone to address our customers’ emerging requirements for endpoint intelligence. The addition of Reality AI’s AI solutions to our existing embedded AI portfolios will further solidify our position as a leading AIoT solution provider.”

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users
Was still also sniffing around infotainment, MB etc.

Found this gent, who I hadn't noticed was on our SAB. Professor Adam Osseiran.

Noted was also an author on our neuromorphic olfactory approaches with Vanarse & PVDM.

Anyway, just saw MB posted commentary a couple weeks back on the EQ range that Adam liked re assistants - Electric Intelligence?

Linked In page

Linked 1.png

Liked post

Linked 2 Var.png

Found original

MB 1 Var.png

Plus interesting side bit? Can Akida be updated / added this way?

MB 2 Var.png

Adam also a founder of Innovate - interesting supporter.

Innovate Aust.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

Proga

Regular
I'm with u Mc . Elon in my opinion will be using akida. If he was talking about buying Mercedes then he WILL be using Akida.

of course my opinion and many others 😄🤩
Maybe the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration will push him to move to Akida. Also a report says Tesla is buying 80% of its camera's from Samsung

According to a recent article by Automotive News, the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has upgraded its probe into Tesla's Autopilot driver-assist technology. Moreover, the investigation has been expanded to reach some 830,000 Tesla cars and SUVs.

Back in August 2021, NHTSA opened the original probe into Tesla's advanced driver-assist systems due to reports of 12 crashes on our shores. The crashes left 17 people injured, and sadly, there was one related fatality.

Since the investigation began, the number of reported Tesla crashes that may have involved Autopilot has risen to 16. Automotive News says the crashes are related to the driver-assist system driving near emergency vehicles and failing to avoid colliding with them or other nearby vehicles.

When NHTSA opened the initial investigation, it covered some 765,000 Tesla vehicles. All four current models were included, with model years ranging from 2014 to 2021.

Based on information gleaned from a new NHTSA Office of Defects Investigation document, the safety regulators are now opening an engineering analysis to further explore what may have happened in the related incidents. More specifically, NHTSA aims to learn if and how Autopilot impacted the driver's awareness and the events leading to the accidents.

NHTSA writes that the purpose of the engineering analysis is to:

"extend the existing crash analysis, evaluate additional data sets, perform vehicle evaluations and to explore the degree to which Autopilot and associated Tesla systems may exacerbate human factors or behavioral safety risks by undermining the effectiveness of the driver's supervision."

According to what it has learned so far, NHTSA says that Tesla's forward collision warning system was active prior to most of the crashes. In addition, the agency shares that automatic emergency braking engaged in about half of the incidents. However, NHTSA also adds that "on average," Tesla's Autopilot features disengaged "less than one second prior to the first impact."

NHTSA's current findings come from a thorough review of over 100 Tesla crashes where Autopilot or Full Self-Driving capability was likely active. The agency also looked into the information provided by 12 different automakers related to various driver-assist systems.

The safety regulators warn consumers that there is not currently a vehicle on the market with the capability to drive itself without human monitoring and interaction. It adds that such features can make cars safer, but only if drivers use them in a responsible manner, as specified by the automakers. If NHTSA finds that Tesla's vehicles and related technology have any defects, it will issue a recall.

• Fire

Diogenese

Top 20
Maybe the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration will push him to move to Akida. Also a report says Tesla is buying 80% of its camera's from Samsung

According to a recent article by Automotive News, the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has upgraded its probe into Tesla's Autopilot driver-assist technology. Moreover, the investigation has been expanded to reach some 830,000 Tesla cars and SUVs.

Back in August 2021, NHTSA opened the original probe into Tesla's advanced driver-assist systems due to reports of 12 crashes on our shores. The crashes left 17 people injured, and sadly, there was one related fatality.

Since the investigation began, the number of reported Tesla crashes that may have involved Autopilot has risen to 16. Automotive News says the crashes are related to the driver-assist system driving near emergency vehicles and failing to avoid colliding with them or other nearby vehicles.

When NHTSA opened the initial investigation, it covered some 765,000 Tesla vehicles. All four current models were included, with model years ranging from 2014 to 2021.

Based on information gleaned from a new NHTSA Office of Defects Investigation document, the safety regulators are now opening an engineering analysis to further explore what may have happened in the related incidents. More specifically, NHTSA aims to learn if and how Autopilot impacted the driver's awareness and the events leading to the accidents.

NHTSA writes that the purpose of the engineering analysis is to:

According to what it has learned so far, NHTSA says that Tesla's forward collision warning system was active prior to most of the crashes. In addition, the agency shares that automatic emergency braking engaged in about half of the incidents. However, NHTSA also adds that "on average," Tesla's Autopilot features disengaged "less than one second prior to the first impact."

NHTSA's current findings come from a thorough review of over 100 Tesla crashes where Autopilot or Full Self-Driving capability was likely active. The agency also looked into the information provided by 12 different automakers related to various driver-assist systems.

The safety regulators warn consumers that there is not currently a vehicle on the market with the capability to drive itself without human monitoring and interaction. It adds that such features can make cars safer, but only if drivers use them in a responsible manner, as specified by the automakers. If NHTSA finds that Tesla's vehicles and related technology have any defects, it will issue a recall.

"I'm sorry Dave ... this is way above my pay grade!"

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Noted was also an author on our neuromorphic olfactory approaches with Vanarse & PVDM.

Anyway, just saw MB posted commentary a couple weeks back on the EQ range that Adam liked re assistants - Electric Intelligence?

Linked In page

View attachment 9170

Liked post

View attachment 9171

Found original

View attachment 9172

View attachment 9173

View attachment 9174
Can Akida be updated / added this way?

Yes and can share learnings with other AKIDA across a network. This was spoken of often by former CEO Mr. Dinardo and Peter van der Made.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Linked In page

View attachment 9170

Liked post

View attachment 9171

Found original

View attachment 9172

View attachment 9173

View attachment 9174
Associate Professor Adam Osseiran is also very involved with Green Hydrogen technology research in Western Australia. FF

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom