BRN Discussion Ongoing

Build-it

Regular
They are a massive customer of RENESAS................we will be in the F-150 lightning of that I have ZERO doubts...............but DYOR

Hi MC,
Love your enthusiasm re Fords F-150. I have been digging trying to connect Akida essential Edge AI to Ford but cannot find the direct link like Mercedes.

As FF posted,
AKIDA BALLISTA
PS: If Ford walked away Brainchip have a statutory obligation to update the market as they have made multiple price sensitive ASX announcements covering this engagement.

Ford must be aware of the upside to embedding Edge Compute into their systems weather it be in cabin monitoring sensor fusion, better performance ( ie low power & latetency) and privacy.

Imo as others we will end up with Ford in a third party provider role weather it be with Valeo, Renases, Mega chips or Nviso, but will we be a direct partner.

Farley cited the fire at a Renesas plant in March as resulting in further headwinds for the semiconductor supply, which has already been strained by increased demand and winter storms in Texas. He said nine tier 1 suppliers for Ford rely on supply from the plant that caught fire.

I also find it interesting Fords connection with mobileye and amazon and wondering if that is creating issues for Ford to implement Akida or weather we can be included into their ecosystems at the next design cycle.

Ford BlueCruise Will Utilize Mobileye REM Tech On Future Variants. Ford BlueCruise – the automaker's hands-free highway driving technology – was revealed last April and originally slated to launch on the 2021 Ford F-150 and 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E last year.4 Jan 2022

Also the Mbux system is first class (l love it) a fully integrated system that you would expect from a Mercedes luxury car.

I really hope Ford can also put a more integrated dash system together but maybe it all comes down to dollars & cents and knowing your market.

EQE 350+, or close equivalent, to be around $120,000.13 Apr 2022

Ford Mach E Select - US$43,895 (AU$65,000)

Edge Compute.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220612-082327_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220612-082327_Samsung Internet.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20220612-092036_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220612-092036_Samsung Internet.jpg
    495.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

Deena

Regular
True story.

When I was five or six I would be sent to the corner shop run by Mr. Jones to buy things by my mum.

I remember buying flour as it was quite a heavy sack to carry home.

My mum baked and cooked everything pretty much from scratch and seemed to need flour quite often.

As a treat she would sometimes send me with sixpence to buy a bag of Mr. Jones mixed broken biscuits.

For years I had no idea that these delicious treats were actually the broken residue from the big tins of bulk biscuits and they actually were available unbroken for the rich people. LOL

Funny thing is whole biscuits have never tasted quite as good as the broken ones that we had from Mr. Jones in a brown paper bag.

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Another true story.

Where I went to school we had quite a few PNG students who had come to Australia on Mobil Oil scholarships. When I finished school I travelled around PNG with one of the native students (Philip), staying in the towns and villages of fellow students. We even hitch hiked up the Highlands Highway and back. Finally we reached Phillip's village of Paruai in New Ireland where I spent some time and became involved in normal activities including gathering Sago from the wild sago palm. It would be stored wrapped in banana leaves and often cooked with the evening meal.

After a while the sago would get weevils in it but, but when cooked up it went down just as well, providing a little extra protein.

When i returned to Australia I found myself at the Queensland Agricultural College, and at one point was living in a caravan in the yard of the Forest Hill Produce Agent who I helped out with yard management and played tennis with them on weekends for the Forest Hill tennis club. The home team provided afternoon tea.

Living on my own in the caravan my muesli lasted a long time ... and eventually got weevils in it. Recalling my time in PNG I continued to eat it until I could eventually taste the weevils. Then I started to cook it up like porridge, but I could eventually even taste the weevils in the 'porridge'. So I made ANZAC biscuits out of it and took it to tennis. They were a big hit with multiple people wanting to know my recipe. Mind you I tucked into the jam and scones ... and the recipe remained my secret.

Deena

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 48 users
Another true story.

Where I went to school we had quite a few PNG students who had come to Australia on Mobil Oil scholarships. When I finished school I travelled around PNG with one of the native students (Philip), staying in the towns and villages of fellow students. We even hitch hiked up the Highlands Highway and back. Finally we reached Phillip's village of Paruai in New Ireland where I spent some time and became involved in normal activities including gathering Sago from the wild sago palm. It would be stored wrapped in banana leaves and often cooked with the evening meal.

After a while the sago would get weevils in it but, but when cooked up it went down just as well, providing a little extra protein.

When i returned to Australia I found myself at the Queensland Agricultural College, and at one point was living in a caravan in the yard of the Forest Hill Produce Agent who I helped out with yard management and played tennis with them on weekends for the Forest Hill tennis club. The home team provided afternoon tea.

Living on my own in the caravan my muesli lasted a long time ... and eventually got weevils in it. Recalling my time in PNG I continued to eat it until I could eventually taste the weevils. Then I started to cook it up like porridge, but I could eventually even taste the weevils in the 'porridge'. So I made ANZAC biscuits out of it and took it to tennis. They were a big hit with multiple people wanting to know my recipe. Mind you I tucked into the jam and scones ... and the recipe remained my secret.

Deena
‘Weevil Knievel’ should be your avatar. Love to have a meal with you one day but it will be at a restaurant or pub.😂🤣😂

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

MDhere

Regular
Morning all, just had a birthday over the weekend and going to treat myself to a Samsung Galaxy 4 classic but I'm like will i won't i cause maybe in September when gadgets get released Akida Samsung 5 will be announced??? o maybe i was dreaming that!! 😀🥰
On top of contemplating my new gadget im a proud paid member now, Thanks Zeeb0t for this awesome forum.
Have a great day fellow brners.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
Morning all, just had a birthday over the weekend and going to treat myself to a Samsung Galaxy 4 classic but I'm like will i won't i cause maybe in September when gadgets get released Akisa Samsung 5 will be announced??? o maybe i was dreaming that!! 😀🥰
On top of contemplating my new gadget im a proud paid member now, Thanks Zeeb0t for this awesome forum.
Happy birthday!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Hi MC,
Love your enthusiasm re Fords F-150. I have been digging trying to connect Akida essential Edge AI to Ford but cannot find the direct link like Mercedes.

As FF posted,
AKIDA BALLISTA
PS: If Ford walked away Brainchip have a statutory obligation to update the market as they have made multiple price sensitive ASX announcements covering this engagement.

Ford must be aware of the upside to embedding Edge Compute into their systems weather it be in cabin monitoring sensor fusion, better performance ( ie low power & latetency) and privacy.

Imo as others we will end up with Ford in a third party provider role weather it be with Valeo, Renases, Mega chips or Nviso, but will we be a direct partner.

Farley cited the fire at a Renesas plant in March as resulting in further headwinds for the semiconductor supply, which has already been strained by increased demand and winter storms in Texas. He said nine tier 1 suppliers for Ford rely on supply from the plant that caught fire.

I also find it interesting Fords connection with mobileye and amazon and wondering if that is creating issues for Ford to implement Akida or weather we can be included into their ecosystems at the next design cycle.

Ford BlueCruise Will Utilize Mobileye REM Tech On Future Variants. Ford BlueCruise – the automaker's hands-free highway driving technology – was revealed last April and originally slated to launch on the 2021 Ford F-150 and 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E last year.4 Jan 2022

Also the Mbux system is first class (l love it) a fully integrated system that you would expect from a Mercedes luxury car.

I really hope Ford can also put a more integrated dash system together but maybe it all comes down to dollars & cents and knowing your market.

EQE 350+, or close equivalent, to be around $120,000.13 Apr 2022

Ford Mach E Select - US$43,895 (AU$65,000)

Edge Compute.
Hi @Build-it

I have a feeling/suspicion/deep stream of consciousness type of thought process telling me as it puts together all the events involving Ford, Brainchip and Valeo that the AKIDA technology is the foundation of a Ford ADAS/AV system.

Since 2019 when Ford likely first started talking to Brainchip, Ford has slowly but surely pulled back from and out of a number of partnerships it had formed to develop ADAS/AV with Toyota and others.

It has added others like AMAZON and Google for peripherals but at the heart of an ADAS/AV ask yourself what or who is left under the Ford bonnet??? capable of assisting Ford to develop the hub of the ADAS/AV system???

Then ask yourself which company is most likely to have been given early access to the next generation AKIDA LSTM IP that does what Elon Musk has spoken of as being essential to full AV. Remember both Peter van der Made and Elon Musk both spoke to the plastic bag problem about the same time.

Then ask yourself if Ford were only doing a “Hey Ford” why would there be the continuing deep security/silence over what has been happening at Ford since the EAP announcement that did not include Ford’s name and had to be dragged out of Brainchip by the ASX and a second announcement made and Brainchip being put on a warning list by the ASX as a result.

As I said at the beginning this is not even an opinion but an accumulation of ideas being put into some sort of order in the analytical side of my brain and still swirling around waiting for more information to form a conclusion or opinion.

Suffice to say my thoughts are leading me well beyond the screen on a Ford dashboard and towards autonomous vehicles and robots at Ford which funny enough is mirrored by what Elon Musk is doing with Tesla.

My not quite an opinion yet so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 68 users

M_C

Founding Member
Pretty sure in order for someone to "stay in touch" they need to "be in touch" in the first instance.................................

View attachment 9078

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to why ANIL would like this post about TESLA??

I have a theory .................

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 73 users

cosors

👀
For those that may be feeling a little bit miffed about the last few weeks on the stock market may I suggest you book a session (if you are in WA) to the Van Gough Alive happening at the Supreme Court Gardens. He was a troubled man but look what he's left us to enjoy.
Thats me with my dear old mother.
Just opposite where he was in the sanatorium, cut off his ear, painted the sunflowers and olive groves are very pleasant cottages with all the trimmings. Next door the historical excavation site Glanum. And all this between olive groves and right next door the mini mountains of les petit Alpilles and the very nice village of Saint Remy. One of the most beautiful areas I have ever visited. I definitely recommend it for a vacation. For example the house Lou Badabeau (Saint Remy). When I see these pictures, I always think of this landscape and the museum across the street. My recommendation for a vacation.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Morning all, just had a birthday over the weekend and going to treat myself to a Samsung Galaxy 4 classic but I'm like will i won't i cause maybe in September when gadgets get released Akisa Samsung 5 will be announced??? o maybe i was dreaming that!! 😀🥰
Good on you MDhere and congrats on another BRN birthday. :love:
Like you, happy to contribute to the ongoingness of this Zeeb0t marvel which is often one of the best things in my day.
A Finger on the pulse, a bellyful of laughs, insight into otherwise unthought of possibility's and a community of disparate yet mutually enlightening friends, much more than a thousand eye's........... also a thousand minds and hearts, along with the benefit of their cumulative lived experience.
An Invaluable resource and warm thanks again to our friend Zeeb0t for providing this exchange.
And great thanks to our many contributors for your sharing of both your insights and wisdom.
We have something very special here.
Well done everyone.

well-done-everyone.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users
Anyone care to hazard a guess as to why ANIL would like this post about TESLA?????

I have a theory .................

View attachment 9084
He likes 500 watt eating super chips like Dojo. 😀

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

M_C

Founding Member
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Another true story.

Deena
Played a bit of Rugby for USQ against QAC (now part of UQ) 50 odd years ago.

Got a bit of a head knock, and I remember driving back to Toowoomba using the dipper switch as the clutch pedal going up the Range in my twin carb Morris Minor.

When we were kids, we used to ride our bikes down the old Toll Bar Road (corrugated dirt, and very steep), and then catch up with the old Bedford trucks as they dropped down to first gear so we could hang on to the side rails which were used for tying off the load so we could get a tow up the Range.

Couldn't afford museli though (it probly hadn't been invented then).

Tell that to the kids today ...

1654997296260.png

Bedford truck complete with tie-down rail (note chocks under rear wheels to prevent unintended take-off).

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 27 users
This is just for high end passenger cars utilising for example a SiFive/Brainchip RISV-V AKIDA for a radar sensor.

Advanced RISC-V AI SoCs for High-End Passenger Cars to Reach $819M Dollars by 2027​

Automotive, Market Analysis, Processors / June 2, 2022
1200x675header_automotive-1024x576.jpg

For more information, visit https://semico.com/content/analyzing-market-potential-risc-v-cpu-sip-automotive-addendum
The automotive market is undergoing a tremendous amount of rapid change. Automotive manufacturers are exploring the potential of adding various new functions and reconfiguring existing functions to all include some level of intelligence. This covers the range from merely intelligent functions all the way to fully autonomous driving functions that incorporate some level of Artificial Intelligence. A significant portion of designs, revenues and unit shipments will come from AI SoCs that use the RISC-V architecture in the next few years. Semico anticipates the adoption rate to be even higher over time in the Automotive sector. A new report from Semico Research, Analyzing the Automotive Market Potential for RISC-V CPU SIP(SC119-22) forecasts the Advanced RISC-V AI SoCs High-end Passenger Car market segment to reach $819M dollars by 2027.”

I could not access the report but Semico have covered Brainchip in the past.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 30 users

Build-it

Regular
Hi @Build-it

I have a feeling/suspicion/deep stream of consciousness type of thought process telling me as it puts together all the events involving Ford, Brainchip and Valeo that the AKIDA technology is the foundation of a Ford ADAS/AV system.

Since 2019 when Ford likely first started talking to Brainchip, Ford has slowly but surely pulled back from and out of a number of partnerships it had formed to develop ADAS/AV with Toyota and others.

It has added others like AMAZON and Google for peripherals but at the heart of an ADAS/AV ask yourself what or who is left under the Ford bonnet??? capable of assisting Ford to develop the hub of the ADAS/AV system???

Then ask yourself which company is most likely to have been given early access to the next generation AKIDA LSTM IP that does what Elon Musk has spoken of as being essential to full AV. Remember both Peter van der Made and Elon Musk both spoke to the plastic bag problem about the same time.

Then ask yourself if Ford were only doing a “Hey Ford” why would there be the continuing deep security/silence over what has been happening at Ford since the EAP announcement that did not include Ford’s name and had to be dragged out of Brainchip by the ASX and a second announcement made and Brainchip being put on a warning list by the ASX as a result.

As I said at the beginning this is not even an opinion but an accumulation of ideas being put into some sort of order in the analytical side of my brain and still swirling around waiting for more information to form a conclusion or opinion.

Suffice to say my thoughts are leading me well beyond the screen on a Ford dashboard and towards autonomous vehicles and robots at Ford which funny enough is mirrored by what Elon Musk is doing with Tesla.

My not quite an opinion yet so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Hi FF.
Geez I'm not even sure how to respond but to say thanks for your contribution
& depth of your research that your willing to provide to build clarity around our end users.

Great post and I'm glad you responded.

On reflection I think the MBUX system had clouded my vision to only in cabin features although also knowing that Valeo could also provide Ford with Akida.

So much going on with Ford and its transition to EV and I do enjoy reading all posts on this subject.

I do have a connection to the Ford brand with my father owning a XW & XB and myself owning a XY which I sold in the trading post (slade) for $500 back in 1995 if only I kept it, that's cars I suppose.

Edge Computer.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Build-it

Regular
This link is very interesting particularly the two recently opened new Institutional Investors:

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Hi FF,

I like this one also. Hadn't seen this list before hopefully they continue to accumulate and stay on the bus.

Edge Compute

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Deena

Regular
Played a bit of Rugby for USQ against QAC (now part of UQ) 50 odd years ago.

Got a bit of a head knock, and I remember driving back to Toowoomba using the dipper switch as the clutch pedal going up the Range in my twin carb Morris Minor.

When we were kids, we used to ride our bikes down the old Toll Bar Road (corrugated dirt, and very steep), and then catch up with the old Bedford trucks as they dropped down to first gear so we could hang on to the side rails which were used for tying off the load so we could get a tow up the Range.

Couldn't afford museli though (it probly hadn't been invented then).

Tell that to the kids today ...

View attachment 9087
Bedford truck complete with tie-down rail (note chocks under rear wheels to prevent unintended take-off).
Mmm. Interesting Diogenese. I was a senior Rugby Union referee and refereed a lot of the games played at QAC and would often travel with the team to referee. In one tournament at Toowoomba, one of the referees was the only one to be taken away in an ambulance. Just happened to be standing in the wrong place when a large forward ploughed through and he suffered a back injury. And I thought I was safe being a referee! I was at QAC from 1972 to 1976.

Deena

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Mmm. Interesting Diogenese. I was a senior Rugby Union referee and refereed a lot of the games played at QAC and would often travel with the team to referee. In one tournament at Toowoomba, one of the referees was the only one to be taken away in an ambulance. Just happened to be standing in the wrong place when a large forward ploughed through and he suffered a back injury. And I thought I was safe being a referee! I was at QAC from 1972 to 1976.

Deena
1968 - 1971 : Missed it by that much.

Was John Knight (fullback) still playing when you were there?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Deena

Regular
1968 - 1971 : Missed it by that much.

Was John Knight (fullback) still playing when you were there?
My recollection fails me there I'm afraid. I've lost a lot of names over the years.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom