BRN Discussion Ongoing

Dhm

Regular

Hey @Dhm i just watched the AWS video you posted about edge computing in space. Pretty awesome to hear

What’s the link you are trying to make to Lockheed Martin?
@MDhere actually put the video up, but around the 4:30 mark Rob Chambers is talking about possibilities in space and we have some of the attributes at the Edge that may help with some of the big questions he is alluding to. My email was asking if we have been considered within the project

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users
@Quiltman nice work - hopefully this is a case of where there’s smoke (likes by Rob and Jerome) there is fire🔥(Akida)!

I DMOR (did my own research) and add the below. Not sure there’s a smoking gun but I found it interesting and someone else may be able to connect the dots further

My “journey” began by googling “National Institutes for Quantum Science and Technology” “Honda”, which brought up a stuff.co.nz article

View attachment 8515

In the middle of the article there is a video about AI reading facial expressions

View attachment 8517

I recognised the name of the company who had developed the tech from TSE posts - Affectiva - who interestingly partner with Cerence (link)

View attachment 8523

Cerence are also linked to Mercedes - (post by @Bravo and Cerence LinkedIn posts).

https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-2022.1/post-75446

And potentially to BrainChip too - @Fact Finder

https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-2022.1/post-75453

View attachment 8522

The second part of my journey down the rabbit hole ) began when I googled “Affectiva” “Honda”

On an Affectiva blog on their website, another company was mentioned in conjunction with Honda

View attachment 8525
I had not heard of Emotient and hoped that somehow they could link to BrainChip to Honda - especially based upon the below

Emotient were acquired by Apple

If it exists, hopefully one of the 1000 Eyes can make the Emotient to BrainChip link

View attachment 8527

View attachment 8528
View attachment 8529
A tiny connection:

“Expressions reflect the inner most soul​

Facial expressions are innate to all humans and are one of the primary ways we express our emotions.

The scientific work of Dr. Paul Ekman and others has highlighted a core set of universal emotions that are true to every human being, regardless of their race, gender or age.

Insights uses nViso's award-winning emotion recognition technologies to capture and measure real-time facial expressions and precisely decode and convert facial, head and eye movements into the underlying emotions”

No opinion further research required
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

MDhere

Regular
Morning all about to go see the new Maverick movie but just before i go i thought this wuite coincidental and interesting. Paravision have called a white paper
"Understanding Edge AI and its impact on face recognition"
and within these pages (page 8 of 12) is the exact same picture that is on Brainchips website
Screenshot_20220605-065750_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20220605-070458_Chrome.jpg
And there is a video that says "more with less" which also probably a coincidence....

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users
F

Filobeddo

G'day MC,

I've had a sneaky suspicion about BRN and Intel for a long time. Intel labs have been pushing the neuromorphic band wagon for years and pushing so very, very hard. WHY? Loihi 2 was produced on the pre-production, brand spanking new, Intel 4 process and was the first product released to customers on that platform.

Think about that for a minute!!!

.....WHY?

At the end of the day they still only have a research chip to show for all their efforts. Mike Davies gets the short end of the stick with BRN share holders but the guy has done more to get neuromorphics out in to the mainstream than anyone else I can think of. Intel tried to buy SiFive and failed. They changed tact and became a partner with SiFive (google Horse Creek)

I'm a bit of a Mike Davies fanboy, check out some of the recent interviews he did for the release of Loihi 2.

Confirms how far ahead Akida is but still, Intel aren't giving in. \

Or are they???

please don’t get him started 😂

Attachments

• AC3E74B0-B1D7-41F9-A069-89EED15EC6AD.gif
    AC3E74B0-B1D7-41F9-A069-89EED15EC6AD.gif
    829 KB · Views: 53
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Morning all about to go see the new Maverick movie but just before i go i thought this wuite coincidental and interesting. Paravision have called a white paper
"Understanding Edge AI and its impact on face recognition"
and within these pages (page 8 of 12) is the exact same picture that is on Brainchips website View attachment 8542
View attachment 8543 And there is a video that says "more with less" which also probably a coincidence....
Silly thought of the day
How much electricity is use world wide just to charge up phones or game boys and the like?
The sooner we get lower energy consuming products the better I would think, certainly with the price of power these days.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
Hey Perhaps, while Prophesee, is/was partnered with SynSense, have you actually looked at the strengths of SynSense's products?

They are using an analog/digital? Solution..

Their neuron and synapse counts, appear to be in the high tens of thousands and low hundreds of thousands, respectively..

Are they available as IP, or do you have to buy the chips and then marry them, to your other components?..

As I think Slade or MDhere said, they may have started out using SynSense, but perhaps.. They found something much better?..

The push to neuromorphic architectures, for their very/ultra low power, high efficiencies etc etc is happening all over "The Edge", a lot of them, fall well short of AKIDA's abilities though..

This doesn't mean that some of these lessor technologies, won't find homes, but if something is available, that is cheaper (due to IP royalties instead of chip purchases) and better in performance, what are the chances, of the other options, being dropped?

It's worth noting, that the infotainment system MBUX, or whatever it is, from Mercedes, was touted as having Nvidia A.I. as late as January 2021, last year...

Great post @DingoBorat

You mention the economics of IP over chips. This is a hugely significant advantage not well understood by retail investors generally.

I also suspect that many of the so called sophisticated investment commentators have little if any understanding either as they seldom ever mention this as a value proposition when discussing Brainchip. I note this is not the case where Pitt Street Research is concerned.

So what is the value that IP brings to the table for a customer:

1. The customer can add it to an already existing chip and have that already scheduled chip produced without needing extra foundry time.

This of course saves cost but in times like these where there is a shortfall between foundry time and demand this can be critical to avoiding production bottlenecks.

On this point Qualcomm has just switched from Samsung to TSMC because Samsung is having difficulties successfully producing at 4nm. This issue is of course further restricting the availability of foundry time.

2. The savings that buying IP over a chip create for large scale producers are huge.

While it is very difficult to find out what the semiconductor industry charges for IP from my research supported by an Intel Submission to an Australian Government Parliamentary Select Committee it seems to range from 2.5% to 3% of the actual chip cost for standard IP up to 5% to 7% where the IP is unique.

This means if the AKD1000 costs $25.00 a customer would be paying 62.5 cents to $1.75 depending where AKIDA falls on the uniqueness scale.

This is a huge saving to the potential customer particularly when you consider some customers can be producing in the billions of semiconductors.

3. AKIDA IP of course offers the additional value proposition of allowing customers to licence only the number of nodes they require for the given product further reducing unit costs.

Renesas are the perfect example having only licensed two nodes for use in low cost MCU’s which they produce in the billions.

4. The ability to licence only as many processing nodes as a customer needs of AKIDA IP means that Brainchip can cover an extraordinary range of sensor and other products.

The modular nature of AKIDA IP is a brilliant design feature summed up in the word scalability creating the opportunity for Brainchip to offer to make every sensor everywhere smart.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 81 users

MrNick

Regular
5549EDDD-5893-48E2-8FDD-8DF60EAD69CD.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 44 users
So APT after pay price was just over a $1.00 in 2016 that 6 years ago
Where do we see BRN in 6 years time ?
If we’re to use APT as a guide
$160.00 per share mmmmm that’s could be ok I guess
In that example, it would be more like 16 to 18 dollars, per share, but who knows, your guess may be closer to the mark..

It's all just fanciful day dreaming, at this point.
Over half a decade, is a lot of water under the bridge and the future is impossible to predict.

But, if Sean Hehir and the Brainchip team, are demonstrating their stated goals, of becoming the "defacto standard" of Edge A.I. around the World?..

The sky's the limit and we'd be talking La La Land valuations..

But "Lofty aspirations" indeed..

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
Just when you thought ogres were obsolete:

View attachment 8503

View attachment 8504
I’m not actually sure what your implying here. Other than you calling me an Orge for asking for your valued opinion?

And if you where implying that Akida is most definitely not apart of this Chip because they are using an Andes RISC V processor then you will have to elaborate as I don’t think that exclude Akida at all.

I’m not saying that it has to be Akida, I’m simply stating it would be a very good fit especially considering the connections around the chip.

Wasn’t it Sean Heir that recently stated how important it is to have partnerships like Arm and SiFive to give confidence to the industry that Akida works very well with all these standard processors?

I get they haven’t mentioned Akida by name, but if they own the IP I guess they don’t really have to either?

Anyways, if you think it’s such a rubbish suggestion I will take your word for it. Oh mighty tech lord of the tsx

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Rach2512

Regular
I've just subscribed, thank you Zeebot your forum is phenomenal, a totally different league to that other hell hole HCrapper thank you so much. Also a huge thank you to all the great posters here, you guys and gal's are awesome and so generous of your precious time. 🥰

• Love
Reactions: 38 users

M_C

Founding Member

In the field of artificial intelligence, the idea of evolution is a critical one. The very concept of an AI algorithm is one that can grow, change, adapt, and in essence evolve to fit its design requirements. AI research has progressed to such a point that an AI can be trained to achieve a level of performance far surpassing what a human could attain under specific conditions, such as a smart robotics station, offering never before seen precision and speed in smart factories.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

M_C

Founding Member
I’m not actually sure what your implying here. Other than you calling me an Orge for asking for your valued opinion?

And if you where implying that Akida is most definitely not apart of this Chip because they are using an Andes RISC V processor then you will have to elaborate as I don’t think that exclude Akida at all.

I’m not saying that it has to be Akida, I’m simply stating it would be a very good fit especially considering the connections around the chip.

Wasn’t it Sean Heir that recently stated how important it is to have partnerships like Arm and SiFive to give confidence to the industry that Akida works very well with all these standard processors?

I get they haven’t mentioned Akida by name, but if they own the IP I guess they don’t really have to either?

Anyways, if you think it’s such a rubbish suggestion I will take your word for it. Oh mighty tech lord of the tsx
@Diogenese didn't call you an ogre mate I should know :LOL: I hold the Ogre record! As for an explanation as to why he thinks this isn't AKIDA that I cannot possibly answer (due to my limited technical knowledge ).

The ogres are purely a gagg when he thinks something is not a dot, ...............peace man. I think you have simply misunderstood

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 47 users

Hi TFM,

It’s not my place to speak for Dio but I think you’ve misunderstood the Symbolism of the ogre. I don’t think he was having a go a you.

You have been a valued contributor and everyone on here respects and values the different points of view!

I think Dio technically examines how things operate and makes an opinion of if it functions in a way that would work with Akida.

If it won’t work with Akida he metaphorically crushes it with the ogre.

It’s not about you or asking the question!

Keep posing ideas as that’s the purpose the forum. 1000 eyes of different walks of life, with different skill sets all working together!

Cheers

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 62 users
Do we know if we have any patents coming soon?

Reactions: 4 users

I have had quite a few Ogres in my time.

They symbolise the primitive nature of what those who do not use AKIDA are engaged with and how their solutions like Ogres will be shown to not exist when exposed to true science in the form of AKIDA.

Most definitely not personal.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 45 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
A tiny connection:

“Expressions reflect the inner most soul​

Facial expressions are innate to all humans and are one of the primary ways we express our emotions.

The scientific work of Dr. Paul Ekman and others has highlighted a core set of universal emotions that are true to every human being, regardless of their race, gender or age.

Insights uses nViso's award-winning emotion recognition technologies to capture and measure real-time facial expressions and precisely decode and convert facial, head and eye movements into the underlying emotions”

No opinion further research required
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Some gems in here,

This is his website

I downloaded the white paper that was on NVISO website, but it is from September 2011, so I doubt if this has got anything to do with us directly but great value contents neverthless.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

TheFunkMachine

Hi TFM,

It’s not my place to speak for Dio but I think you’ve misunderstood the Symbolism of the ogre. I don’t think he was having a go a you.

You have been a valued contributor and everyone on here respects and values the different points of view!

I think Dio technically examines how things operate and makes an opinion of if it functions in a way that would work with Akida.

If it won’t work with Akida he metaphorically crushes it with the ogre.

It’s not about you or asking the question!

Keep posing ideas as that’s the purpose the forum. 1000 eyes of different walks of life, with different skill sets all working together!

Cheers
Ok, I never paid attention to the orge posts that he posts on occasions. I realise now that I have acted like an orge and full and well deserve my own definition of the meme🤣

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 56 users

TheFunkMachine

I have had quite a few Ogres in my time.

They symbolise the primitive nature of what those who do not use AKIDA are engaged with and how their solutions like Ogres will be shown to not exist when exposed to true science in the form of AKIDA.

Most definitely not personal.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
It makes me wonder why someone like Renasas would use anything other Akida for endpoint AI with spiking AI accelerators when the own Akida IP? Does it have anything with the extent of the IP licensing agreement that they can only use Akida for simpler applications?

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Top Bottom