BRN Discussion Ongoing

Pappagallo

Regular
I tend to agree. All he says is that Edge impulse have matched Brainchips akida to a Prophesee Camera. That does not directly link us with Prophesee in my eyes.

I don’t think that really matters if the pairing ends up as a commercial application. I’ll take cash from either Edge Impulse or Prophesee. I’m royalty agnostic!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 49 users

Slade

Top 20
I tend to agree. All he says is that Edge impulse have matched Brainchips akida to a Prophesee Camera. That does not directly link us with Prophesee in my eyes.
True, it was hard figuring it all out during the Nadal match last night. But at very least it indicates what Edge Impulse are currently intending/considering with Akida.

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Prophesee does event based vision processing. One sense and is engaged in vibration monitoring of machines.

In the presentation Zach Shelby goes to some lengths to highlight how single senses for monitoring machines does not give engineers sufficient accuracy and adding another sense and fusing the out put is proven to overcome this problem.

Therefore it is illogical to make the leap that because Prophesee is linked to SynSense and BMW for vision that it is not linked to Brainchip via Edge Impulse for the four other senses particularly as sensor fusion is the underlying theme of the presentation.

I am going to sit with my original position as I do not think that Zac Shelby simply ordered a Prophesee camera online without any interaction with the company to privately hook up an AKIDA chip and then casually disclosed in this forum he was putting the two together. That makes no sense to me whatsoever.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users

Slade

Top 20
Prophesee does event based vision processing. One sense and is engaged in vibration monitoring of machines.

In the presentation Zach Shelby goes to some lengths to highlight how single senses for monitoring machines does not give engineers sufficient accuracy and adding another sense and fusing the out put is proven to overcome this problem.

Therefore it is illogical to make the leap that because Prophesee is linked to SynSense and BMW for vision that it is not linked to Brainchip via Edge Impulse for the four other senses particularly as sensor fusion is the underlying theme of the presentation.

I am going to sit with my original position as I do not think that Zac Shelby simply ordered a Prophesee camera online without any interaction with the company to privately hook up an AKIDA chip and then casually disclosed in this forum he was putting the two together. That makes no sense to me whatsoever.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Makes sense to me.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

jtardif999

Regular
HC the Bermuda Triangle of the investment world best to steer a course around that obstacle lest the siren call will rob you of your sanity.

Here too the waters will become less clear and reefs will be obscured and new participants with friendly countenance and intriguingly seductive questions which do not matter at all will ask the what if’s that subtly erode confidence.

They will claim experience that allows them to provide answers to questions they raise and the answers will be negative or designed to erode confidence.

They will throw up research and claim it points to being on the wrong course all the time ignoring the achievements of the company.

They will never however answer the single most important question which is “why will Brainchip not achieve a tiny little one percent of the world wide addressable market for Edge Ai.”

ARM alone caused 29 billion semiconductors to be shipped in the last 12 months.

One percent of this is 290 million and at a 10 cent royalty per semiconductor that is $29 million which is north of twice Brainchip’s spend making it a profitable company.

Until someone can tell us why Brainchip will not achieve one percent of the World wide market for Edge Ai said to be 70 billion US dollars by 2025 when they already are trusted by:

NASA
MERCEDES BENZ
VALEO
MEGACHIPS
RENESAS
ARM
EDGE IMPULSE and
SiFIVE

they are no more than white noise.

By the way one percent of 70 billion US dollars is 700 million US dollars.

Annual outgoings at Brainchip are about $12 million so even if we bump that up to $50 million that is still $650 million in profit.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hi FF, this has always been my position on BRN, why would anyone want to be out of this stock when they only need 20 million revenue to become profitable (based on their projection of how much cash burn they will incur). Your 1 percent argument against the organised downrampers has always been met with crickets. BRN will start making insane profits even before they really hit their straps in terms of world domination. The ASX200 is an inevitable consequence of this journey I think.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

MDhere

Regular
Well i think we can put this topic to bed. if Phrophesee/Synsense are not using Akida well they should be. Here is a conservative narration done by pitt st research. It clearly states Akida is no.1 :) So i dare say they have come on board.

imo.
Screenshot_20220604-094150_Word.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
It’s a possibility they have worked hand in hand but no it’s not illogical that they haven’t. Just like the NVISO video demonstrating Akida in use with NVIDIA NPU that did not mean we were in business with NVIDIA. They are developers matching two great technologies together.

Reactions: 5 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Morning @BaconLover does the new ASX200 listing make it to "the Iceberg" ? ;);)

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users
It’s a possibility they have worked hand in hand but no it’s not illogical that they haven’t. Just like the NVISO video demonstrating Akida in use with NVIDIA NPU that did not mean we were in business with NVIDIA. They are developers matching two great technologies together.
We can just agree to disagree.

In my opinion Edge Impulse does not need to do backyard experiments. It is doing this for a commercial purpose.

If it is for putting a product package to Prophesee without saying anything to them about it in advance they are not going to make a public disclosure like this and affect Prophesee’s ability to garner first to market advantage.

This disclosure is why it makes no sense.

Edge Impulse is too professional as evidenced by their ARM partnership, other engagements and recent new director appointment.

As I say my opinion only so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users

Perhaps

Regular

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Right, but SynSense as partner of Prophesee offers more options than just vision processing.

Reactions: 3 users

Dhm

Regular

We are mentioned at the 15m 25s part.

I also love how he declares a 'Cambrian Explosion' synergy. Explosive evolution of species leads to explosive evolution of Akida. Watch Akida spread virally across the Edge world. The only people selling now are ignorant of the gift they have or suffer from short term deficit syndrome.

AKIDA BALLISTA EXPLOSION

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users
Right, but SynSense as partner of Prophesee offers more options than just vision processing.
And we know that it needs to be programmed in advance not on chip and does not do the additional options together and is no where near as powerful and does not have one shot several shot learning essential for monitoring industrial machines.

The harmonics of machines are not identical each sensor needs to be calibrated to the particular machine which can be achieved with AKIDA not SynSense.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
Gee Bravo and Slade have been on fire recently with their research!!!! (Fact Finder is always on fire!!!)
I was just reading this old financial review article about Macquarie trading desks predictions for Asx200 inclusion dated May 12th 2022.
Its interesting that there is no mention of Brainchip, but all of the other predictions from Macquarie were on the ball (or close to it).
Interesting.....................
Screenshot 2022-06-04 at 10-21-26 In and out Macquarie trading desk’s predictions for ASX 200 ...png

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 24 users
Morning all,

Can’t recall reading this blog post, a little dated, nothing new, just point the direction we’re headed with edge impulse; but thoughtful I’d share:

BLOG POST

BrainChip and Edge Impulse Partner to Accelerate AI/ML Deployments​

MACHINE LEARNING, COMPUTER VISION
BrainChip
16 May 2022
Blog_1200_x_800_14_554694f605.png

BrainChip, the world's first commercial producer of ultra-low power neuromorphic AI IP, and Edge Impulse, the leading development platform for machine learning on edge devices, are partnering to deliver next-generation platforms to customers looking to develop products utilizing the companies' unique machine learning capabilities.
BrainChip's Akida is a revolutionary advanced neural networking processor architecture that brings AI to the edge in a way that is not feasible for existing technologies, offering high performance, ultra-low power, and on-chip learning. Edge Impulse focuses on delivering the best ML capabilities for sensor, audio, and computer vision across industrial and commercial applications. The combination of BrainChip's Akida technology and Edge Impulse's platform, tools, and services allows customers to achieve their ML objectives with fast and efficient development cycles to get to market quicker and achieve a competitive advantage.
Edge Impulse is ushering in the future of embedded machine learning by empowering developers to create and optimize solutions with real-world data. The company is making the process of building, deploying, and scaling embedded ML applications easier and faster than ever, unlocking massive value across every industry, with millions of developers making billions of devices smarter.
"Organizations are understanding more and more the importance of implementing machine learning capabilities within their products to turn them into the ‘smart' devices that consumers are clamoring for," said Zach Shelby, CEO and co-founder at Edge Impulse. "By integrating solutions, such as deploying BrainChip's neuromorphic IP with our ML platform, developers and enterprise customers are empowered to build advanced machine learning solutions quickly and efficiently so that they are well-positioned as leaders within their respective markets."
BrainChip deploys AI at the edge in a way that existing technologies cannot. The company's tech is both high-performance and ultra-low power, enabling a range of capabilities including on-chip, in-device one-shot learning. BrainChip's IP can be used in a wide range of applications from consumer electronics to industrial IoT to electric vehicles, and smart sensors that can detect and act on visual features, odors, taste, touch, and sound.
"Partnering with Edge Impulse creates a unique market solution that brings their powerful and easy to use AI/ML application design platform unparalleled performance with BrainChip's silicon proven on-chip learning and ultra-low power IP," said Jerome Nadel, BrainChip CMO. "We continue to look for partnerships that will advance opportunities to enable a wide array of edge AI capabilities, such as continuous learning and real-time inference. Edge Impulse is a perfect addition to our ecosystem of providers enabling next-generation technology to markets around the world."
For additional information about the BrainChip/Edge Impulse partnership contact sales@brainchip.com.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

JK200SX

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

M_C

Founding Member
Noticed a fire has been started by @Slade 🔥, here's a little additional fuel for those who aren't yet convinced of our Sony connection

Capture7.PNG

COLIN MASON - COO of NVISO
Capture.PNG

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 59 users
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

chapman89

Founding Member
Hey @chapman89 if you happen to be catching up with Ken in Sydney tonight, please pass on that we
WA shareholders really appreciated getting to spend some time with him last Friday night and that we hope he has
a safe flight home to the US...he fly's back either tonight or Saturday...hope the plane gets airborne with all that WA
wine he picked up down Margaret River way 🤣

He is a man of many talents, and we are grateful that he represents "Team Brainchip" 🤓
Hi tech, unfortunately I am in the gold coast for a wedding and have been here since Thursday, but I’ve passed on your message from the West Side 😎
We are lucky to have such a great team!

• Fire
Reactions: 23 users
Hey Perhaps, while Prophesee, is/was partnered with SynSense, have you actually looked at the strengths of SynSense's products?

They are using an analog/digital? Solution..

Their neuron and synapse counts, appear to be in the high tens of thousands and low hundreds of thousands, respectively..

Are they available as IP, or do you have to buy the chips and then marry them, to your other components?..

As I think Slade or MDhere said, they may have started out using SynSense, but perhaps.. They found something much better?..

The push to neuromorphic architectures, for their very/ultra low power, high efficiencies etc etc is happening all over "The Edge", a lot of them, fall well short of AKIDA's abilities though..

This doesn't mean that some of these lessor technologies, won't find homes, but if something is available, that is cheaper (due to IP royalties instead of chip purchases) and better in performance, what are the chances, of the other options, being dropped?

It's worth noting, that the infotainment system MBUX, or whatever it is, from Mercedes, was touted as having Nvidia A.I. as late as January 2021, last year...

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users

Violin1

Regular
Hi tech, unfortunately I am in the gold coast for a wedding and have been here since Thursday, but I’ve passed on your message from the West Side 😎
We are lucky to have such a great team!
"Unfortunately"? Shotgun wedding Chappie???

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users
Top Bottom