BRN Discussion Ongoing

RobjHunt

Regular
In a significant decision handed down this week, the High Court has confirmed that parties who create a Facebook page are potentially liable for defamatory comments posted to that page by third parties as if they themselves were the publisher.9 Sept 2021
Totally understand mate. My emoji was more so for a "uh oh Chongo" type reaction (trouble). 100% agree that it's certainly better to ere on the side of caution. Great call.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Hi @wilzy
This could create problems for @zeeb0t see my previous post.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
little-girl-mad.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users
Totally understand mate. My emoji was more so for a "uh oh Chongo" type reaction (trouble). 100% agree that it's certainly better to ere on the side of caution. Great call.
It hurt terribly to make it but I softened the blow by cheering first.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Mea culpa

prəmɪskjuəs
I seem to remember either Fact Finder or Blind Freddie suggesting a NED with an ARM pedigree would be nice.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
In response to this comment and the earlier one a few minutes ago... Absolutely no doubt about you young fella. Simply a Pearler in every aspect of your contributions.
Cheers.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Nice article here from Edge Impulse about the need for businesses to use EdgeAI and move away from the Cloud:

"Those who dismiss edge as all hype, while failing to recognize the diversity of edge computing applications, will be the ones left scratching their heads at where they went wrong."

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

RobjHunt

Regular
This doesn't mention BRN at all - but have a look and tell me that BRN wouldn't provide a benefit to this capability...

IMO you are spot on the money. Amazing!

The longevity, with our tech in those electric applications/devices, would certainly be enhanced and therefore beneficial to those type of missions.

There is no doubt that BrainChip's Akida shall be ubiquitous in my mind.

Pantene.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

AC/DC

This company has shown itself to be a brilliant promoter of all things Brainchip.

The amount of articles and live demo's truly reflects great passion in the Akida technology.

This type of open support is priceless, and I think you'd agree that this is only the start of much more "Free advertising to come our way".

Normally with the ASX it's a case of "stay away in May" but I feel a strong sense that there's going to be quite a lot of
"washing" going on this month of June...THEN STANDBY... July is the start of a very exciting 12 month period, based on what ?
Based on what we all believe to be true, revenues starting to show up, more Tier 1 companies coming out of stealth mode, more IP contracts emerging...BUT let's just pace ourselves over the entire 4 quarters.

How does the Nanose Medical device play out ?

Do they buy the IP and work in with SiFive or Edge Impulse now ?

When does "real revenue" really start to show up ?

In 2 years ?

Yesterdays Podcast was excellent, we finally heard from someone more excitable than Rob, Marc sounded extremely passionate, basically anything he said was BrainChip without mentioning us directly !

This next chapter will be the best yet, proof of concept is so yesterday's news....Love Brainchip :geek:
Tech,

The podcast was great, as was the Commsec interview.

Key utterings post the AGM (imo) have been in Sean's reply to Tom P.

FIRSTLY (capitals do apply, he was shouting this message) we "...build a large, sustainable multinational..."

...one that has stuff like revenue, cash flow, even profit (why not, at the IP business model margins) !

And with that "sustainable multinational" standing proudly, the ASX can get in the habit of treating Brainchip anns. in the same spirit as they were submitted. Especially as by then BRN will likely be in the ASX 50 and warranting more than a little deference from the ASX.

So then, that's the point where becoming the "...de facto standard for Edge AI for the whole world," kicks in.

Previously ignorant fundies finally bone up on things neuromorphic, certain convolutionists apologise for their lack of foresight, Peter receives a well-earned gong for "...services to Australian science and industry..." and everything is right in the world of BRN LTH's.

How can I be so positive? Sean said the magic words, ending with "at the next AGM..." That timeline still requires a tad of persevering, but now, for all, it is tangible, touchable, credible.

Plus the reinforcement from so many sources these past two weeks.

Rest easy fellow BRNers!

IMO, DYOR

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 62 users

Fox151

Regular
Hi all, there is a twitter post going around that a few have shared, and I have had to remove in order to avoid a litigious organisation. Please stop posting it - and if those who know what it is could hit the report button if you see it pop up, it would be appreciated.

We just don't need that kind of heat.
Can you give us a hint so we know what to look for?

Reactions: 1 users
Nice article here from Edge Impulse about the need for businesses to use EdgeAI and move away from the Cloud:

"Those who dismiss edge as all hype, while failing to recognize the diversity of edge computing applications, will be the ones left scratching their heads at where they went wrong."
Great article as you have said @SharesForBrekky and what’s more it is first in a series of articles so clearly they are embarking on a campaign to bring their ARM customers to the Edge.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

RobjHunt

Regular
Can you give us a hint so we know what to look for?
It’s the quick and the dead around here 😉 Be quick, not the later.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Some snips from recent Renesas article with link to full article below.

Interesting basic business insight to the thinking, planning, roadmap and execution.

Repositioning For A Changing IC Market​

Renesas’ EVP on M&A, disaggregation, customized solutions, and how and why the various technology pieces are shifting.
MAY 26TH, 2022 - BY: ED SPERLING

Sailesh Chittipeddi, executive vice president at Renesas, sat down with Semiconductor Engineering to talk about how changes in end markets are shifting demand for technology. What follows are excerpts of that conversation.

SE: Renesas has acquired a number of companies over the past several years. What’s the goal?

Chittipeddi
: The goal very simply is to create an industry leading solution provider addressing the industrial, IoT, infrastructure and automotive markets. We are strengthening our market leading position in embedded processing with acquisitions that strengthen our presence in four specific domains — power, sensing, connectivity, and actuation. Historically, Renesas had a major focus on the automotive industry even though it did sell microcontrollers into other markets. What we’ve done since 2019 is to reposition the company into two major business units — Automotive, and IoT and Infrastructure Business Unit (IIBU). Today IIBU has become the bigger part of the company, both through organic growth and the acquisition of Intersil, IDT, Dialog, and now Celeno.

SE: No one chip is going to dominate everything in the future, because we’re seeing a lot more heterogeneous designs even from large chipmakers. How does that fit into your strategy?

Chittipeddi
: Yes, you are correct. We are seeing a lot of start-up activity in AI, edge, or endpoint AI companies, and several of these are optimized for specific workloads. A big part of it is really about intelligence moving to the edge. But it’s not just about the CPUs from companies like AMD and Intel, or GPUs from NVIDIA, or TPUs from Google and the rest. As processors get more complex, you need more digital multi-phase controllers and smart power stages. You need memory interfaces and timing devices. We see ourselves as an attach opportunity for these core processor providers.

SE: So where do you see this going? Will chips disaggregate even further into smaller and smaller components? Or will it hit a limit where it’s too difficult to integrate everything?

Chittipeddi
: Some level of integration will always be needed, and that’s going to be workload-dependent. The reason it’s disaggregating is that it’s dependent on what you’re trying to do. So for certain kinds of workloads, MCUs probably will be more than adequate. For others, you’re probably going to need an AI-optimized chip. And for voice applications, for example, there might certain specific neural processing chips. And for vision AI, you might need another category.

SE: So how does all of this begin changing the MCU?

Chittipeddi
: Originally, you had all these companies that were doing proprietary cores, where you had the hardware and the software to give the customer the whole complete solution. With Arm we have created an ecosystem where you have a more flexible software package. Lately, we have been making progress in MCUs with our RISC-V products, the initial one which we optimized for motor control applications. Now, we’ve introduced RISC-V for voice applications. And the nice thing about it is we can extend that concept into other areas, such as a RISC-V IoT gateway MPU. The transformation on the MCU and MPU side is journey, which over time will accommodate all three cores — the proprietary internal cores, ARM cores, as well as RISC-V cores based on application and region specific needs.

SE: Are there enough commercially available design tools, or do you need to develop them internally?

Chittipeddi
: For first pass, we relied on a third-party RISC-V core. But we are developing the RISC-V core ourselves so we can optimize those for what we need.

SE: And if you have the compilers, then the idea is that you can optimize them very quickly, right?

Chittipeddi
: Yes, but we don’t have a choice. There are customers that are always going to want handholding and a black-box model, and if you don’t support them, you’re in trouble. But there are customers in other regions of the world that don’t want to pay the Arm royalty. And then you have the customers in geopolitically sensitive areas that are worried about lack of access to IP type of issues. For them, RISC-V is the only open ecosystem out there. So you have to operate in all of these diverse environments.

SE: Is that 7 to 10 years you talked about because things are moving from mechanical to electrical? Or is it because change is happening so quickly, that they need to stay current?

Chittipeddi
: It’s the latter. The changes are happening rapidly. And the notion of power efficiency, power consumption, and new systems is becoming far more important to people. They’re recognizing that sustainability is not just a couple of points for the stock price. It has to be a way of life, and that is driving a change in behavior — especially in the industrial segment.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

dippY22

Regular
So we've got the 1000 eyes, who know what we know, and the RoW (Rest of World) who are not getting the message.

I cannot conceive that anyone who knows what we know would not be at least ankle deep in BRN shares, but, apart from Germany, there does not seem to be any general awareness.

I know all about the revenue argument, but that just proves to me the inability of the market to even peek over the rim of the box.

When I bought in in early 2018, I was looking for AI shares, and my research happened upon BRN. At the time, the company was preparing to make a presentation in the US within days, and I contacted several friends to encourage them to get on board asap, because I believed it would explode when the US presentation was made. I even bought small parcels for friends who were uncontactable or lacked the knowhow.

So yes, FOMO played a part in my BRN initiation. But it was anticipatory FOMO and based on research. And we've had plenty of ups and downs since then, and weathered a couple of confidence-shattering dips and come out the other side.

So it looks like we are now only seeing the match approach the blue touch paper.

My question is, why, if the true believers were capable of seeing the true value of Akida, why are there still under 50k shareholders when, in America alone, there must be over 100 times that number of people with the knowledge to understand the capabilities of Akida and that the AI tsunami is gathering power?

Maybe if Ford had bought out a concept vehicle capable of 10 mpg and a 60 gallon tank and featuring "Hey Edsel!"?
Agree. Totally agree.

I have had such angst about U.S. participation in our companies prospects I am at a loss for words. What and where is Integrous??? Why is the take up in ADR shares virtually non-existent? Something is definately missing here, and I cannot put my finger on it.

I recently discussed that one of Sean's stated goals is to get the word out about Brainchip. My thinking then and now, is that the word needs to be taken directly to the investment community in the United States.

At this point I am so frustrated that I would be even willing to have Sean, or Jerome, or Rob, or Anil, etc. make an appearence on the Mad Money clown show. Something .....anything. Regards, dippY

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 64 users

cosors

👀
Can any of you tell me what the English technical term for the German "markteng" is, i.e. when there is little trading and even small parcels account for a major SP movement. I'm looking at the OTC with not even 60k and almost 8% up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Beebo

Regular
Can any of you tell me what the English technical term for the German "markteng" is, i.e. when there is little trading and even small parcels account for a major SP movement. I'm looking at the OTC with not even 60k and almost 8% high.
Hi cosors,
When there is little volume, the market-makers drastically increase the spread between bid/ask to make it worth their while.

The spread narrows when there is substantial volume being traded.

Nothing to worry or to get excited about.

Reactions: 12 users

MDhere

Regular
This was the sentence i focused on where it says it needs the cloud to complete it.

Each request is fulfilled using a complex web of commands, and behind the scenes processing on the vehicle itself and the cloud to complete it.
Hope I'm wrong. Love your positivity and sleuthing
My understanding is it can process on the device then it can send the processed info to thr cloud thereby the processes is done much faster as its on device and not needing cloud but then it csn distribute to the cloud if it wants to bit like sharing.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Agree. Totally agree.

I have had such angst about U.S. participation in our companies prospects I am at a loss for words. What and where is Integrous??? Why is the take up in ADR shares virtually non-existent? Something is definately missing here, and I cannot put my finger on it.

I recently discussed that one of Sean's stated goals is to get the word out about Brainchip. My thinking then and now, is that the word needs to be taken directly to the investment community in the United States.

At this point I am so frustrated that I would be even willing to have Sean, or Jerome, or Rob, or Anil, etc. make an appearence on the Mad Money clown show. Something .....anything. Regards, dippY
Hi dippY22
I took Sean's comment on getting the word out as marketing Brainchip to other companies which haven't heard of Brainchip yet.
Because of the innovative technology, it is better if they get the word out in person on a corporate level at the moment, rather than making an appearance on TV shows.
So awareness of more companies would bring more potential contracts, which will in turn help us investors in time.
The issue with shows like Mad Money etc. are they're so against tech companies, wouldn't understand what Brainchip does, and can cause more harm than good. Also I don't understand how people watch his shows, I cannot stand his annoying shouting :sick:

• Love
Reactions: 29 users

dippY22

Regular
Hi dippY22
I took Sean's comment on getting the word out as marketing Brainchip to other companies which haven't heard of Brainchip yet.
Because of the innovative technology, it is better if they get the word out in person on a corporate level at the moment, rather than making an appearance on TV shows.
So awareness of more companies would bring more potential contracts, which will in turn help us investors in time.
The issue with shows like Mad Money etc. are they're so against tech companies, wouldn't understand what Brainchip does, and can cause more harm than good. Also I don't understand how people watch his shows, I cannot stand his annoying shouting :sick:

Yes, yes,....you are probably right BL. Mostly I am a frustrated by the lack of volume and virtually zero ADR volumes. Why? Why is there not interest in the ADR shares? And I was seconding Diogenes concern(s) about a lack of interest beyond Australia and Germany, keep in mind.

Cramer is a clown show. Agree, and I was being "somewhat" facetious.

But can someone advise what has the Integrous relationship provided during the last year? I'm sure Brainchip is paying for something?
Are others happy with the success of Integrous ... " (helping to) attract additional institutional investment while maximizing the returns for our current shareholders " ??? I'm not.

That quote is from the July 14, 2021 Business Wire announcement of our new Integrous association. It also states that Integrous will lead Brainchip's financial communications and strategic investor relations initiatives. Oh? Is that so?

Perhaps our Brainchip - Integrous investor relations initiatives are under NDA's. What else can explain that all we hear from this relationship are crickets?

Oh, well, at least U.S. retail nudged BRCHF shares up 4% today.

Regards, dippY

• Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Beebo

Regular
Yes, yes,....you are probably right BL. Mostly I am a frustrated by the lack of volume and virtually zero ADR volumes. Why? Why is there not interest in the ADR shares? And I was seconding Diogenes concern(s) about a lack of interest beyond Australia and Germany, keep in mind.

Cramer is a clown show. Agree, and I was being "somewhat" facetious.

But can someone advise what has the Integrous relationship provided during the last year? I'm sure Brainchip is paying for something?
Are others happy with the success of Integrous ... " (helping to) attract additional institutional investment while maximizing the returns for our current shareholders " ??? I'm not.

That quote is from the July 14, 2021 Business Wire announcement of our new Integrous association. It also states that Integrous will lead Brainchip's financial communications and strategic investor relations initiatives. Oh? Is that so?

Perhaps our Brainchip - Integrous investor relations initiatives are under NDA's. What else can explain that all we hear from this relationship are crickets?

Oh, well, at least U.S. retail nudged BRCHF shares up 4% today.

Regards, dippY
I hear you dippY.
I feel we are still flying under the radar in the US market for many reasons…
1. Sean admitted that our corporate message was confusing, but that is being addressed via rebranding.
2. Only the very techy folks know of BrainChip, but not yet the mainstream business people.
3. I feel, once our royalty model gets validated, people will start paying attention.
4. BRN.AX, BRCHF, BCHPY…very confusing. I mean, who knew of ADRs?
5. Being on the OTC doesn’t help in the US.
6. Nasdaq can’t happen soon enough…but should only happen after revenue flow.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users
Top Bottom