BRN Discussion Ongoing

Perhaps

Regular
The really good news is that @zeeb0t is well into designing tse II, which will feature autonomous navigation and facial expression cognition.
Not to forget a smell detector. Maybe that's the reason why Brainchip hurt some people.
bullshit.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Another new employee has just clocked on.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220527-225021.png
    Screenshot_20220527-225021.png
    136.9 KB · Views: 191
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

jtardif999

Regular
Old news, but I hadn’t come across this article before.

https://www.verdict.co.uk/brainchip-advances-ai-and-ml-to-edge-computing/

1. RESEARCH REPORTS
May 2, 2022updated 09 May 2022 4:55pm

BrainChip Advances AI and ML to Edge Computing​

shutterstock_518160535.jpg
Credit: spainter_vfx/Shutterstock
Concept: American technology startup BrainChip and semiconductor startup SiFive have partnered to combine their technologies to offer chip designers optimized AI and ML for edge computing. BrainChip’s Akida technology and SiFive’s multi-core capable RISC-V processors have been combined to create a highly efficient solution for integrated edge AI computation.

Nature of Disruption: With high performance, ultra-low power, and on-chip learning, BrainChip’s Akida is an advanced neural networking processor architecture that takes AI to the edge. SiFive Intelligence solutions combine software and hardware to accelerate AI or ML applications with its highly configurable multi-core, multi-cluster capable design. For AI and ML workloads, SiFive Intelligence-based processors can provide industry-leading performance and efficiency. The highly programmable multi-core, multi-cluster capable design can be used for a range of applications requiring high-throughput, single-thread performance while operating within the most stringent power and area limitations. Akida acts like a human brain, analyzing only the most important sensor inputs at the time of acquisition and processing data with unmatched efficiency, precision, and energy efficiency. BrainChip’s technology is based on its SNAP (spiking neuron adaptive processor) technology, which it licenses to other companies. RISC-V is an open instruction-set computing architecture based on well-known RISC ideas. It provides the high data processing speed that all new and heavier applications require.

Outlook: The duo aims to help companies looking to seamlessly integrate an optimized processor with dedicated ML accelerators, which are required for the demanding requirements of edge AI computing. They plan to use Akida, BrainChip’s specialized, differentiated AI engine, in conjunction with high-performance RISC-V processors like the SiFive Intelligence Series to achieve this. For organizations looking to enter the neuromorphic semiconductor chip market, SNAP provides a development option. It is a key feature of neuromorphic semiconductor circuits that allows for a variety of applications, including cybersecurity, gaming, robotics, and stock market forecasting.
Seem to be using some old references to SNAP tech - which was what Akida used to be called. Stopped referring to SNAP about 4 years ago when Snapchat complained about it as a breach of their naming rights. Wonder if this is just some phrases that have been plucked from past descriptions of the tech, or maybe they’ve felt emboldened to bring it all back?

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Violin1

Regular
Sorry that there is no phone?

I suspect he knows the minimum size of the CPU/GPU he needs and has extrapolated from there.

Maybe he was using one of those throw away lines.

Maybe I misheard him.

Maybe I do not understand your question.

I did say I had hoped one of the tech savvy would have reported back on these matters.

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
You didn't misunderstand FF - that's what I recall as well.

• Love

dippY22

Regular
Great post as usual and for me the following paragraph when you think of in cabin safety features such as driver monitoring and passenger tracking is where huge interest is to be found because has to be in by 2022/2023 models in Europe:

“The sets will integrate the safety systems inside the vehicle and will connect with the surrounding infrastructure”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
So I am feeling a disconnect here. Please help reconnect me....

If Nviso who is coming out with their technology in cars starting in 2025 (per the video we've all seen), they are out of the picture for the 2022/2023 implementation,....right?

Who (what suppliers) is left to fulfill that European mandate and more importantly, will Akida be a part of "the sets (which) will integrate the safety systems inside the vehicle and (that) will connect with the surrounding infrastructure"?

Might these sets be from auto supplier Renesas, or, Valeo, or Nvidia, or ....???? I'm just looking for some clarification that will calm my thinking that Akida will NOT be in the 2022/2023 solution and will therefore be playing catch-up with their Nviso partnership that should be in cars starting in 2025.

Thanks. dippY

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
So I am feeling a disconnect here. Please help reconnect me....

If Nviso who is coming out with their technology in cars starting in 2025 (per the video we've all seen), they are out of the picture for the 2022/2023 implementation,....right?

Who (what suppliers) is left to fulfill that European mandate and more importantly, will Akida be a part of "the sets (which) will integrate the safety systems inside the vehicle and (that) will connect with the surrounding infrastructure"?

Might these sets be from auto supplier Renesas, or, Valeo, or Nvidia, or ....???? I'm just looking for some clarification that will calm my thinking that Akida will NOT be in the 2022/2023 solution and will therefore be playing catch-up with their Nviso partnership that should be in cars starting in 2025.

Thanks. dippY
This article doesn't really answer your question but you can see that the Nviso - Brainchip combo can do the job.

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Boab

This article doesn't really answer your question but you can see that the Nviso - Brainchip combo can do the job.
Main points

EC legislation as of 2022​

EC legislation will be introduced as of 2022 for all new type approvals and 2024 for all new vehicles. Legislation will cover 3 main areas for driver monitoring:

1. Driver drowsiness and attention warning - A system that assesses the driver’s alertness through vehicle systems analysis and warns the driver if needed. This will be applied to new type approvals from 2022 and all new vehicles from 2024.
  2. Advanced driver distraction warning - A system that helps the driver to continue to pay attention to the traffic situation and that warns the driver when he or she is distracted. This will be applied to new type approvals from 2024 and all new vehicles from 2026.
  3. Driver availability monitoring system - A system to assess whether the driver is in a position to take over the driving function from an automated vehicle in particular situations, where appropriate. This will be applied to new type approvals for autonomous vehicles from 2022 and all new autonomous vehicles from 2024.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
Wow love it. His internship now into full-time BRN.
Must be a happy lad with that outcome.
Possibly one of our learned forum members can spark some debate over there?

• Fire
  • Love

JoMo68

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

dippY22

Regular
Yes, Boab, I do see that and it is awesome. My question is about the European 2022/2023 timeframe and if it is a given Akida will be a part of the mandate solution.

• Fire
Reactions: 2 users

Boab

Yes, Boab, I do see that and it is awesome. My question is about the European 2022/2023 timeframe and if it is a given Akida will be a part of the mandate solution.
I am only hopeful. Haven't seen anything concrete that I can recall.
Lets hope Nviso keeps pumping out those videos and demo's like some of the eyes enjoyed in Sydeny.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Diogenese

Top 20

https://www.valeo.com/en/interior-cocoon/

INTERIOR COCOON: ONBOARD TECHNOLOGIES FOR IMPROVED PASSENGER SAFETY​

Valeo’s Driver Monitoring System is in mass production with Deep Learning algorithms, including a scalable ECU and cameras for driver identification, accurate head-and-eye tracking, and monitoring driver gaze for distraction or drowsiness.

The driver monitoring system will contribute 25% of the ADAS evaluation and occupant condition monitoring to EuroNCap. The improvement of this automotive safety technology will contribute to the reduction of accidents related to fatigue and distraction, which account for 54% of fatal accidents in Europe. Camera-based driver identification also provides an additional level of security compared to key or badge-based access systems.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Earlyrelease

Regular
Hey Perth crew that attended the $1 reunion. Hope you had a great night. Turned into a long session and particularly long for our special guests and local BRN staff so thanks. Great night

0C563813-3B2C-4C0F-8007-DC393FEE0F56.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 75 users

Diogenese

Top 20
https://www.valeo.com/en/interior-cocoon/

INTERIOR COCOON: ONBOARD TECHNOLOGIES FOR IMPROVED PASSENGER SAFETY​

Valeo’s Driver Monitoring System is in mass production with Deep Learning algorithms, including a scalable ECU and cameras for driver identification, accurate head-and-eye tracking, and monitoring driver gaze for distraction or drowsiness.

The driver monitoring system will contribute 25% of the ADAS evaluation and occupant condition monitoring to EuroNCap. The improvement of this automotive safety technology will contribute to the reduction of accidents related to fatigue and distraction, which account for 54% of fatal accidents in Europe. Camera-based driver identification also provides an additional level of security compared to key or badge-based access systems.

We also saw that Apple is into driver monitoring systems: #14,546

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Boab

Hey Perth crew that attended the $1 reunion. Hope you had a great night. Turned into a long session and particularly long for our special guests and local BRN staff so thanks. Great night

View attachment 7918
Sorry I couldnt make it fellow Sandgropers. Great shot of some happy faces

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Fox151

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

MDhere

Regular
Dolci already identified him as Robert Mitro, former CEO of our fantabulous Company. :)
lolol o there u go forgot what i said lol
@Fact Finder was it you with the white mask sitting about 5 rows in on the facing the team, seated along walkway?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom