BRN Discussion Ongoing

MDhere

Regular
morning fellow brners, I was told by a Brainchip exec that a vehicle has as many as 300 chips!

Does anyone know what that could be in calculations of royalties in relation to ip licence within these x number of cars?

@Esq.111 i think u have a good calculator or anyone else please care to help me out in my fogged brain

• Wow
Reactions: 27 users
The company to me has seen to have taken a different route in announcements since they have a product in hand and Sean has been at the helm, which is a complete contrast to Louis approach to shareholders and even then it was few and far between announcements, but if your a medium to long term holder this shouldn’t be an issue, unless you had a short term plan and was hoping the SP was much higher by now.
Sure, but have we not also established that the rules in regards to ASX have changed. Would you not think that Brainchip management would have rather put the SIFIVE and ARM Partnerships through the ASX to grab a wider audience? If the intent was to avoid the ASX disclosure then why make a statement through social media at all?

To me this whole thing about not making enough information public is getting out of hand. It makes sense to me to only produce the minimum amount of disclosure and maintain good working relationships with customers rather than make some disclosures for relatively small short term share price gains and risk the future success that we all know is coming.

I realise everyone has their own investment goals and horizons but it might be that consideration needs to be given to the fact that Brainchip doesn’t fit within your (not you specifically Rocket) investment envelope. (Not actual financial advice)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
morning fellow brners, I was told by a Brainchip exec that a vehicle has as many as 300 chips!

Does anyone know what that could be in calculations of royalties in relation to ip licence within these x number of cars?

@Esq.111 i think u have a good calculator or anyone else please care to help me out in my fogged brain
Surely that would be ~300 total and not ~300 instances of Akida.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

MDhere

Regular
Surely that would be ~300 total and not ~300 instances of Akida.
no, 300 chips in one car. thats alot of chips

How many of these chips can Akida help?

Reactions: 6 users
D

Deleted member 118

Sure, but have we not also established that the rules in regards to ASX have changed. Would you not think that Brainchip management would have rather put the SIFIVE and ARM Partnerships through the ASX to grab a wider audience? If the intent was to avoid the ASX disclosure then why make a statement through social media at all?

To me this whole thing about not making enough information public is getting out of hand. It makes sense to me to only produce the minimum amount of disclosure and maintain good working relationships with customers rather than make some disclosures for relatively small short term share price gains and risk the future success that we all know is coming.

I realise everyone has their own investment goals and horizons but it might be that consideration needs to be given to the fact that Brainchip doesn’t fit within your (not you specifically Rocket) investment envelope. (Not actual financial advice)
I think if BrN had a announcement that was like the Nanose announcement or an IP agreement then we will get an announcement. BrN seem to be leaving it to companies like Sifive to announce it to markets.

Reactions: 5 users
D

Deleted member 118

Renesas Will Demonstrate the First Working Silicon Based on the Recently Debuted Arm Cortex-M85 Processor

Microcontroller Leader to Showcase Performance, High Integration and Security Advances at Embedded World 2022 Exhibition and Conference
(Graphic: Business Wire)
(Graphic: Business Wire)
May 24, 2022 08:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time
TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE:6723), a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, today announced that it will present the first live demonstration of a microcontroller (MCU) based on the recently announced Arm® Cortex®-M85 processor. The demonstration will take place in the Renesas booth - Hall 1, Stand 234 (1-234) at the Embedded World 2022 Exhibition and Conference in Nuremburg Germany from June 21-24.
“This demonstration of the first silicon based on our most secure and highest performance Cortex-M processor will showcase the new and exciting applications it will enable and further cements our ongoing close collaboration with Renesas.”
Tweet this
Renesas introduced the RA (Renesas Advanced) Family of Arm Cortex-M based MCUs in October of 2019, entering the general-purpose Arm-Cortex-M market with a robust and feature rich family of flash-based MCUs. In roughly 30 months, Renesas has quickly taken a leadership position, introducing 17 MCU groups encompassing well over 200 individual parts. In addition, Renesas has developed a robust ecosystem of partners providing customers with comprehensive solutions for IoT, AI/ML, industrial automation, medical, building automation, home appliance and multiple other applications.
“As a lead partner with Arm, we are proud to be the first to demonstrate an MCU based on the high-performance Cortex-M85 processor, a clear example of the momentum that we have built in the Arm ecosystem,” said Roger Wendelken, Senior Vice President in Renesas’ IoT and Infrastructure Business Unit. “The RA family has enjoyed tremendous success in a very short time, demonstrating the core strengths that make Renesas an MCU powerhouse, including design expertise, legendary quality, and close collaboration with customers and partners in all markets and all geographies.”
“To continue to scale and grow, the next generation of IoT solutions demand ever-improving levels of performance, security and simplified development, and we have delivered this with the new Arm Cortex-M85,” said Dipti Vachani, senior vice president and general manager, Automotive and IoT Line of Business at Arm. “This demonstration of the first silicon based on our most secure and highest performance Cortex-M processor will showcase the new and exciting applications it will enable and further cements our ongoing close collaboration with Renesas.”
The Arm Cortex-M85 processor features Helium technology, Arm’s M-Profile Vector Extension that enables advanced DSP/ML capabilities and helps accelerate compute intensive applications such as endpoint AI. Delivering over 6 CoreMark/MHz, Cortex-M85 enables demanding IoT use cases that require the highest compute performance and DSP or ML capability, realized on a single, simple-to-program, Cortex-M processor. Cortex-M hallmarks such as deterministic operation, short interrupt response time, and state-of-the-art low-power support are uncompromised on Cortex-M85.
Renesas is developing a new series of RA MCUs based on the Cortex-M85 processor, planned for release in 2023. These new RA family MCUs will provide breakthrough performance and fully deterministic, low latency, real-time operation for demanding application needs across numerous markets. The new RA devices will bridge the gap between MCUs and MPUs, enabling complex and compute-intensive applications with the lower power consumption and ease of use of an MCU. This will help customers preserve their investment in software development and reduce costs of migration to an MPU based system. As with other RA MCUs, the new devices will offer best-in-class peripherals, memory and low power consumption.
The new Cortex-M85 core based on Armv8-M architecture supports Arm TrustZone® technology for protection of secure assets. Combined with TrustZone, Renesas’ integrated cryptographic engine, immutable storage, key management, and tamper protection against DPA/SPA side-channel attacks will provide a comprehensive and fully integrated secure element functionality. The Armv8-M architecture also brings Pointer Authentication/Branch Target Identification (PAC/BTI) security extension, a new architectural feature that provides enhanced mitigation from software attack threats and helps achieve PSA Certified Level 2 certification.
The new RA MCUs based on the Cortex-M85 core will be supported by Renesas’ Flexible Software Package (FSP). The FSP enables faster application development by providing all the infrastructure software needed, including multiple RTOS, BSP, peripheral drivers, middleware, connectivity, networking and security stacks as well as reference software to build complex AI, motor control and graphics solutions. It allows customers to integrate their own legacy code and choice of RTOS with FSP, thus providing full flexibility in application development. Using the FSP will ease migration of existing designs to the new RA devices.
More Information
The demonstration of the new silicon will take place in the Renesas booth - Hall 1, Stand 234 (1-234) at Embedded World. Requests to meet with Renesas at Embedded World can be emailed to events-eu@lm.renesas.com. More information on Renesas’ RA MCUs is available at www.renesas.com/ra.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
NOT a BUY recommendation by any stretch but think about what's happening here.

View attachment 7698

Good Morning all.

Not a chartist by any means, but this is my take on it.

BRN 26 MAY 2022.jpg

We formed the base from late Feb to early May, went above the SMA 30 early May which attracted a few eyes which you can see with the increased volume. I am not really worried about yesterday's dip.

Not saying those who dumped around the AGM to buy back won't do it again but when traders play their games, don't let it be a distraction for you. Not everyone can do it, neither they are 100% successful when they do it. You just hear from them ONLY when they're successful. Big difference.

If you are one of those who bought around $2.00 or above, if your financial situation permits, sit tight, we are coming to get you 💪 🤗

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 66 users
I think if BrN had a announcement that was like the Nanose announcement or an IP agreement then we will get an announcement. BrN seem to be leaving it to companies like Sifive to announce it to markets.
Which is what they should be doing. Let the customers/partners choose their level of disclosure and we can just focus on actually building a business. Whatever share price manipulation is going on in the short term will ultimately turn to dust once significant digits start appearing in the 4c reports which again, for anyone paying close enough attention will know is inevitable.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

M_C

Founding Member
Apologies if already posted

BRAINCHIP HOLDINGS - PARTNERSHIPS WITH EDGE IMPULSE AND ARM ANNOUNCED​

BrainChip Holdings is an Australian semiconductor company that manufactures a revolutionary neuromorphic processor called "Akida". The Akida processor can learn on its own while in use, as it improves the overall performance of artificial intelligence systems by reducing latency and power consumption. The new chip with AI capabilities represents a wide range of application areas, including control of autonomous vehicles, IoT devices and drones.

BrainChip recently announced it is entering into a new partnership with Edge Impulse to develop next-generation machine learning platforms. Both companies aim to make BrainChip's neuromorphic technology, based on Spiking Neural Networks, widely applicable. It will involve combining the two partners' existing technologies to realize shorter development cycles. It is also expected to accelerate time-to-market in the future to gain a competitive advantage. Edge Impulse is a leader in edge AI development, and together with BrainChip, they plan to develop smart devices with AI/ML capabilities.

And another highlight: with recent news, the Australians have been accepted into ARM's AI Partner Program, one of the biggest names in the chip sector. The British manufacturer's blueprints are the dominant standard for smartphones, tablets and mobile IoT devices. With the inclusion in the AI Partner Program of the market giant ARM, BrainChip has again succeeded in a super deal. It will allow the chipmaker to significantly expand the commercial reach of its Akida processors in the future.

Technology company BrainChip Holdings has come under a lot of pressure since selling off on the NASDAQ. After rising to over EUR 1.60 in January, the share price fell back to EUR 0.65 by May, with a jump to EUR 0.88 at the beginning of the week. Should the correction on the NASDAQ be over, the BrainChip share will certainly be one of the high-flyers again.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users
There was some short lived hand wringing a few screens back between a couple of posters about putting more announcements on the ASX to get the word out about Brainchips ongoing progress and success even if not tied to (immediate) revenue. I think the stock holders who want to see this announcement activity have their heart in the right place, but those who believe this to be the wrong strategy with ASX "feel good" announcements are being more prudent with their opinion and I side with them.

I along with Sean Hehir and most of you believe Brainchip needs to get the word out about our technology and selling our story to the world and marketing the Brainchip story is one of Mr. Hehir's stated priorities.

But I am also conflicted as to who exactly Sean needs to get the word out to. He cannot mean the semiconducter industry because based on the quote below taken from the AGM, everyone in that space now knows about Brainchip.

Sean's quote (sorry if not verbatim)
"I can assure you that the semiconductor industry is very aware of us after last week".

So, ... who do we need to get the word out to if not the semiconductor industry who apparently are now very aware of us? I'm not sure.

In the U.S. markets trading in the ADR shares which were made available primarily for institutional investors has been all but nonexistent.

Perhaps the institutional investor is who needs to be woken up to our story, at least in the U.S. I don't know. Any other thoughts or ideas about who Sean wants to promote the Brainchip story to???
Hi @dippY22
I personally believe from everything that was said at the AGM and in the past there is a loose division between the semiconductor industry and semiconductor user industry.

By this I mean I have heard cars described as semiconductors on wheels or robots with wheels but at the end of the day they would still consider themselves as the automotive industry.

Thus I think what Sean Hehir was referring to was those who buy the semiconductors.

So the intention is to get the word out to the user of the semiconductor so they come to ARM a clear semiconductor industry member saying“We have heard about this new semiconductor from Brainchip” can you supply it etc;

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

MDhere

Regular
What stood out to me the most in this interview was the Royalty. 3,4,5
$ per royalty! Not 50c! I don’t know if this is news to all you guys but I have never heard that been stated before.

That is massive! For every million chips sold with Akida IP equals 3,4,5 million $

Let’s take Mercedes as an example. Let’s say they sell 1 milk cars with Akida inside. Is it just one chip per car? I doubt it. I believe now that Mercedes’ knows the powerful solution they have they will utilise if for way more than keyword spotting. So let’s say 3 chips just as an example. That’s 3million chips and and with a margin of 3-5$ royalties that’s 9-15 mill revenue from one costumer.

Now I don’t know how many cars Mercedes’ is projected to sell but you get the idea here🙈😁

Now when we understand the impact of Royalties, let’s add the iceberg of partnerships, vendors and costumers and it will have an explosive growth in sales as predicted not too long ago:)
there are up to 300 chips per car! 😀😀 i was told this number at the agm.. ( not that each will have Akida)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
The company to me has seen to have taken a different route in announcements since they have a product in hand and Sean has been at the helm, which is a complete contrast to Louis approach to shareholders and even then it was few and far between announcements, but if your a medium to long term holder this shouldn’t be an issue, unless you had a short term plan and was hoping the SP was much higher by now.
Hi @Rocket577
I know you might not have been following over at HC but over there I was speaking about the GetSwift v ASIC appeal and how important the result was likely to be to all companies on the ASX because it was the perfect case for ASIC to get a really strong statement from the Court about truth in company announcements.

Why because the behaviour of GetSwift was outrageous and the Federal Court was likely to come down hard which it did.

Everything changed and what had been accepted by the ASX previously no longer applied.

It is history now but after GetSwift Brainchip and other companies were called in and placed on watch by the ASX because of their profile and the accusations by MF and AFR and told in no uncertain terms the game had changed and they had to strictly comply with the Rules as they would now be enforced. In other words Mr. Dinardo got a rap over the knuckles retrospectively.

Imagine what would happen to the share price if the ASX suspended them for ramping.

Imagine what this could mean for how they are treated by other regulators around the world.

Imagine what this could do to their credibility with prospective customers if the Australian regulator pronounces that they are making exaggerated claims.

Brainchip is selling revolutionary technology never seen before and trust gets them in the door.

Do you want to destroy that trust for the feel good sugar rush of an ASX announcement that gets judged after the event by a law unto itself organisation who some think have links to the wrong end of the equities market.

I don’t want any risk taken with my investment by anyone least of all those in charge of Brainchip.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 55 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode

LD Micro Announces Brainchip Holdings CEO to Present at the LD Micro Invitational​

Thu, May 26, 2022, 7:30 AM·3 min read

WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA / ACCESSWIRE / May 25, 2022 / LD Micro today announced that BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX:BRN),(OTCQX:BRCHF),(ADR:BCHPY), the world's first commercial producer of ultra-low power neuromorphic AI IP, Chief Executive Officer, Sean Hehir will be presenting at the annual LD Micro Invitational on Tuesday, June 7th at 3:00 PM PT at the Four Seasons Westlake Village.

"We are proud to be hosting our 12th annual installment of the Invitational at a new and fantastic venue no less. I want to build on the incredible momentum generated from last October. It is a pleasure to welcome Brainchip back and get an update on Akida and the company's recent developments." said Chris Lahiji, Founder of LD Micro.

The 2022 LD Micro Invitational festivities will run all day on the 7th and 8th, with a morning session on that Thursday. This three-day, investor conference is expected to feature around 200+ companies, presenting in half-hour increments, as well as private meetings. Interested parties can register to watch the virtual presentation here.

BrainChip deploys AI at the edge in a way that existing technologies cannot. The company's tech is both high-performance and ultra-low power, enabling a range of capabilities including on-chip, in-device one-shot learning. BrainChip's IP can be used in a wide range of applications from consumer electronics to industrial IoT to electric vehicles, and smart sensors that can detect and act on visual features, odors, taste, touch, and sound.

For more info, please contact Mr. Dean "The Dream" Summers. Dean@ldmicro.com

About LD Micro (SRAX)
LD Micro aims to be the most crucial resource in the micro-cap world. Whether it is the index, comprehensive data, or hosting the most significant events on an annual basis, LD's sole mission is to serve as an invaluable asset for all those interested in finding the next generation of great companies. https://www.ldmicro.com/

About BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX:BRN),(OTCQX:BRCHF),(ADR:BCHPY)
BrainChip is the worldwide leader in edge AI on-chip processing and learning. The company's first-to-market neuromorphic processor, AkidaTM, mimics the human brain to analyze only essential sensor inputs at the point of acquisition, processing data with unparalleled efficiency, precision, and economy of energy. Keeping machine learning local to the chip, independent of the cloud, also dramatically reduces latency while improving privacy and data security. In enabling effective edge compute to be universally deployable across real world applications such as connected cars, consumer electronics, and industrial IoT, BrainChip is proving that on-chip AI, close to the sensor, is the future, for its customers' products, as well as the planet. Explore the benefits of Essential AI at www.brainchip.com.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 55 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Hi @Rocket577
I know you might not have been following over at HC but over there I was speaking about the GetSwift v ASIC appeal and how important the result was likely to be to all companies on the ASX because it was the perfect case for ASIC to get a really strong statement from the Court about truth in company announcements.

Why because the behaviour of GetSwift was outrageous and the Federal Court was likely to come down hard which it did.

Everything changed and what had been accepted by the ASX previously no longer applied.

It is history now but after GetSwift Brainchip and other companies were called in and placed on watch by the ASX because of their profile and the accusations by MF and AFR and told in no uncertain terms the game had changed and they had to strictly comply with the Rules as they would now be enforced. In other words Mr. Dinardo got a rap over the knuckles retrospectively.

Imagine what would happen to the share price if the ASX suspended them for ramping.

Imagine what this could mean for how they are treated by other regulators around the world.

Imagine what this could do to their credibility with prospective customers if the Australian regulator pronounces that they are making exaggerated claims.

Brainchip is selling revolutionary technology never seen before and trust gets them in the door.

Do you want to destroy that trust for the feel good sugar rush of an ASX announcement that gets judged after the event by a law unto itself organisation who some think have links to the wrong end of the equities market.

I don’t want any risk taken with my investment by anyone least of all those in charge of Brainchip.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thanks for taking time to explain this FF

I am baffled WHY some people just don't get it.
If you are investing for Ann try companies like SOR. If you are after the tech and company's growth stay put. Simples.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users
What stood out to me the most in this interview was the Royalty. 3,4,5
$ per royalty! Not 50c! I don’t know if this is news to all you guys but I have never heard that been stated before.

That is massive! For every million chips sold with Akida IP equals 3,4,5 million $

Let’s take Mercedes as an example. Let’s say they sell 1 milk cars with Akida inside. Is it just one chip per car? I doubt it. I believe now that Mercedes’ knows the powerful solution they have they will utilise if for way more than keyword spotting. So let’s say 3 chips just as an example. That’s 3million chips and and with a margin of 3-5$ royalties that’s 9-15 mill revenue from one costumer.

Now I don’t know how many cars Mercedes’ is projected to sell but you get the idea here🙈😁

Now when we understand the impact of Royalties, let’s add the iceberg of partnerships, vendors and costumers and it will have an explosive growth in sales as predicted not too long ago:)
Hi @TheFunkMachine
At the 2019 AGM Peter van der Made stated that between 7 to 9 AKD1000 chips would provide redundancy and run all the sensors in a passenger vehicle.

Mercedes Benz produces from 2.4 million to 3 million passenger vehicles a year.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 37 users

Zedjack33

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
The short answer is yes-royalties will be per product.

Sean Hehir speaks precisely to this at 11m:15s in the Stocks Down Under Interview. I have teed up this location in the link below.

Stocks Down Under interview with Sean Hehir, teed up to discussing revenue

It is common knowledge that BrainChip will be following ARM’s approach, so that means both licensing fees to use the technology and per-chip revenue. But Sean refers to the later as per-product! A distinction that probably includes consideration of how much of the Akida IP is employed in each individual product.

I expect licensing will be paid directly to BrainChip. Sean states this is a significant payment that can be for one or for many developments.

Per product royalties will most likely be passed through by ARM or Renaissance, or whoever else makes and sells the products that incorporate Akida IP.

To summarise what Sean said:
Licensing payments are up front, and significant.

Royalties are delayed - products need to be developed and then sold before royalties come through.

The beauty of this model is that royalties come with zero COGS (Costs Of Goods Sold), and can come through for years in the future. While ever the products including Akida IP are being produced and sold.

And interestingly, Sean indicated that he expects royalties to create revenue that is multiples of the significant up-front licensing fee. That’s cool.

And for those who prefer pictures, it will be something like the following.

View attachment 7734
Beautifully explained. 😎 FF

Reactions: 9 users

Iseki

Regular

It's probably worth remembering that one of the features of the meeting was the searingly honest admission that management are having to change direction and stay alert to possible future tacks in strategy as the ecosystem matures to ensure that akida ip maintains its advantage.

This is great. It is honest, and it fills us with confidence that no one is resting waiting for the world to come to us. But must make announcements very difficult if not impossible.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users
I’m sure someone has answered you already. But it works in this way. iP is bought from Brainchip. Let’s say This licence cost 2 million. Now that company have Brainchips technology to their disposal and can implement the IP into their own chips.

Royalties are payed out to brainchip for every chip that has Akida IP. So if a product has more than one chip then there will be royalty paid for every chip.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but this is how I understand it:)
There are two IP licence models:

1. Is the per use model which you refer to so that every chip made incorporating the IP incurs a royalty.

2. There is the per product model so a vacuum cleaner might say have two chips but they agree a royalty based on the number of vacuum cleaners sold rather than counting chips.

Where it becomes interesting and this is the Magic Pudding effect. Take the vacuum cleaner for example they may be using a platform from ARM with an AKD1000 but they could be using some MIcro Control Units from Renesas with a little bit of AKD1000 as well.

Certainly I expect that in motor vehicles we will see this happening where boot lid opening sensors have a Renesas MCU with a little bit of AKD1000 IP as well as an AKD1000 doing the in cabin monitoring.

I hope this is clear royalties from a product like that which Brainchip makes that is scalable, are the Magic Pudding that will create a corporate giant.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

Zedjack33

Regular

Attachments

• FD4D6B75-4EFA-4A05-AEF7-13515A2D508B.png
    FD4D6B75-4EFA-4A05-AEF7-13515A2D508B.png
    391 KB · Views: 58