BRN Discussion Ongoing

Violin1

Regular
FWIW Rob has also now liked the post on LinkedIn. 🔥

Lots of eyes now awaiting news on Mr Van Doorn's next move.
1000 of them....

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Slade

Top 20
I found via google search so maybe it’s been lost in crossover from old to new websites?

Link

March 23, 2020

BrainChip And Socionext Provide A New Low-Power Artificial Intelligence Platform For AI Edge Applications​

BrainChip and Socionext Provide a New Low-Power Artificial Intelligence Platform for AI Edge Applications ALISO VIEJO, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN), a leading provider of ultra-low power high performance AI technology, today announced that Socionext Inc., a leader in advanced SoC solutions for video and imaging systems, will offer customers an Artificial Intelligence […]
Categories: Press

By Admin​

Share​

Desktop_Press-Releases_2x.png

BrainChip and Socionext Provide a New Low-Power Artificial Intelligence Platform for AI Edge Applications​

ALISO VIEJO, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN), a leading provider of ultra-low power high performance AI technology, today announced that Socionext Inc., a leader in advanced SoC solutions for video and imaging systems, will offer customers an Artificial Intelligence Platform that includes the Akida SoC, an ultra-low power high performance AI technology.
BrainChip has developed an advanced neural networking processor that brings artificial intelligence to the edge in a way that existing technologies are not capable. This innovative, event-based, neural network processor is inspired by the event-based nature of the human brain. The resulting technology is high performance, small, ultra-low power and enables a wide array of edge capabilities that include local inference and incremental learning.
Socionext has played an important role in the implementation of BrainChip’s Akida IC, which required the engineering teams from both companies to work in concert. BrainChip’s AI technology provides a complete ultra-low power AI Edge Network for vision, audio, and smart transducers without the need for a host processor or external memory. The need for AI in edge computing is growing, and Socionext and BrainChip plan to work together in expanding this business in the global market.
Complementing the Akida SoC, BrainChip will provide training and technical customer support, including network simulation on the Akida Development Environment (ADE), emulation on a Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) and engineering support for Akida applications.
Socionext also offers a high-efficiency, parallel multi-core processor SynQuacerTM SC2A11 as a server solution for various applications. Socionext’s processor is available now and the two companies expect the Akida SoC engineering samples to be available in the third quarter of 2020.
In addition to integrating BrainChip’s AI technology in an SoC, system developers and OEMs may combine BrainChip’s proprietary Akida device and Socionext’s processor to create high-speed, high-density, low-power systems to perform image and video analysis, recognition and segmentation in surveillance systems, live-streaming and other video applications.
“Our neural network technology enables ultra-low power AI technology to be implemented effectively in edge applications”, said Louis DiNardo, CEO of BrainChip. “Edge devices have size and power consumption constraints that require a high degree of integration in IC solutions. The combination of BrainChip’s technology and Socionext’s ASIC expertise fulfills the requirements of edge applications. We look forward to working with the Socionext in commercial engagements.”
“As a leading provider of ASICs worldwide, we are pleased to offer our customers advanced technologies driving new innovations,” said Noriaki Kubo, Corporate Executive Vice President of Socionext Inc. “The Akida family of products allows us to stay at the forefront of the burgeoning AI market. BrainChip and Socionext have successfully collaborated on the Akida IC development and together, we aim to commercialize this product family and support our increasingly diverse customer base.”
About BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN)
BrainChip is a global technology company that has developed a revolutionary advanced neural networking processor that brings artificial intelligence to the edge in a way that existing technologies are not capable. The solution is high performance, small, ultra-low power and enables a wide array of edge capabilities that include continuous learning and inference. The company markets an innovative event-based neural network processor that is inspired by the spiking nature of the human brain and implements the network processor in an industry standard digital process. By mimicking brain processing BrainChip has pioneered an event domain neural network processor, called Akida™, which is both scalable and flexible to address the requirements in edge devices. At the edge, sensor inputs are analyzed at the point of acquisition rather than transmission to the cloud or a datacenter. Akida is designed to provide a complete ultra-low power Edge AI network processor for vision, audio and smart transducer applications. The reduction in system latency provides faster response and a more power efficient system that can reduce the large carbon footprint datacenters.
About Socionext Inc.
Socionext is a global, innovative enterprise that designs, develops and delivers System-on-Chip based solutions to customers worldwide. The company is focused on technologies that drive today’s leading-edge applications in consumer, automotive and industrial markets. Socionext combines world-class expertise, experience, and an extensive IP portfolio to provide exceptional solutions and ensure a better quality of experience for customers. Founded in 2015, Socionext Inc. is headquartered in Yokohama, and has offices in Japan, Asia, United States and Europe to lead its product development and sales activities. For more information, visit www.socionext.com.
Additional information is available at https://brainchipinc.com
Follow BrainChip on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/BrainChip
Follow BrainChip on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/7792006
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200323005183/en/
Roger Levinson
rlevinson@brainchipinc.com
+1 (949) 330-6750

Source: BrainChip
Thank you TLS

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

MDhere

Regular
hmmm i have a dilemma, should i fly virgin qantas or Jetstar mon arvo from brissie? need to run it thru a brn algorithm to decide! ???

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

MrNick

Regular

Always found it curious that senior people are either not allowed to or do not want to reveal where they are moving to. Despite many of their colleagues probably knowing already.

I listened to the Kristopher Carlson presentation regarding ADAS and enjoyed it very much. I do think the new slides they are using are easier to follow and they clearly recognise the importance of what Mercedes Benz has done for the Brainchip Brand.

My one concern about the Brainchip message has been (for those who read to here and wondered I must have hit the wrong key as it just disappeared before I finished typing then I could not find it so continuing on) the failure to fully capitalise on the killer advantage which AKIDA technology has over other technology revolutions in the past. Kristopher Carlson was hammering home this advantage.

Since time began there have been two barriers to the adoption of new ideas/technology:

1. Human barriers: Change comes with a cost to those who are required to embrace it. Those who have status and position because they understand the existing systems better than everyone else resist change because it comes with the risk they will be out shone by others below them in the pecking order of society or the company in which they exist. It also comes with an additional work load as they are required to keep up production while at the same time retiring the old and introducing the new and learning how it operates. If they can see retirement on the horizon do they really want to go through all that or let the next generation deal with it.

2. Capital cost thrown away: Change brings with it the need to throw away the existing physical system which has a cost and so on paper the numbers have to really stack up. If you have a physical system that has five years of use left in it why change now when the replacement item might not generate sufficient return in those five years to make a greater profit than you would have made had you retained the existing physical system. In this environment the above mentioned human barriers come into play and argue strongly the economic case for not adopting now but in the future. In this environment new technology is a very hard sell.

The killer advantage of which I speak is that these two barriers are non existent where the AKIDA technology revolution is concerned.

Kristopher Carlson goes to great lengths to make this clear. He points out that you do not have to throw away any of your existing system and you do not need to know anything about neuromorphic computing to take advantage of the Brainchip AKIDA revolution. The more developed your system the better. The more advanced your software solutions and algorithms the better. When you have your system complete then all you have to do using MetaTF is convert automatically from your existing CNN2SNN and AKD1000 is off and running giving you all the advantages of low power, latency, on chip one shot several shot learning and privacy.

No workers are made redundant and no capital costs are thrown away in fact AKIDA can extend the productive life of your existing system by making it more efficient and lower powered and able to match the latest technology if not out perform it.

The absolute beauty of how Brainchip has set up its revolutionary model is that the close to retirement jaded techie in charge can actually go on to the Brainchip website and using MetaTF run simulations of how their systems would be improved and then take these improvements to the Head of Department in his coffee stained shirt, with a jaded outlook and while counting the days till he can turn off the alarm clock forever and say "I can save us x dollars by simply doing a, b & c."

Kristopher Carlson is an academic not a sales person but his excitement for the AKIDA technology achievement runs all the way through his presentation and why shouldn't it he and his colleagues have so much to be proud of where AKIDA is concerned.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

So what will become of data centres

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

Hi Evermont, I wonder if this has got anything do with anything including the price of fish??

Intel, AMD and others team up to develop industry standard for chiplet technology​

Extract 1
Several major chipmakers today announced they’re teaming up to create an industry standard for chiplet technology, an important component of many modern processors. The companies participating in the initiative include ASE Inc., Advanced Micro Devices Inc., Arm Ltd., Intel Corp., Qualcomm Inc., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. and TSMC Ltd. They’re joined by Microsoft Corp., Facebook parent Meta Platforms Inc. and Google LLC’s cloud business.
Extract 2
There is also another, potentially equally significant benefit for the industry. In theory, future chiplets that will be compatible with the newly announced UCIe standard could be linked together to form a single processor even if they are made by different companies. That could create opportunities to develop new kinds of processors that combine technologies from several different chipmakers.
Extract 3
“Microsoft is joining the UCIe industry organization to accelerate the pace of datacenter innovation and enable new breakthroughs in silicon design,” said Microsoft Distinguished Engineer Leendert van Doorn. “We look forward to combining efforts of the organization with our own achievements to drive step-function improvements in silicon architecture for the benefit of our customers.”

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
Apologies for off topic post. But I've noticed @uiux has not posted in a while. Anyone have communication with him as of late?

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
Apologies for off topic post. But I've noticed @uiux has not posted in a while. Anyone have communication with him as of late?
I think about two weeks ago he sent me a private email just confirming details for the AGM attendance. I have sent him other emails since with links to various things that have been thrown up here as I know he gets very busy so I keep him and a couple of others in the loop so to speak. He has not replied but neither have the others as it is not something that occurs. I will send him an email to check but I am sure everything will be right.
FF.

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 41 users

Wags

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users
Hi Evermont, I wonder if this has anything got do with anything including the price of fish??

Intel, AMD and others team up to develop industry standard for chiplet technology​

Extract 1
Several major chipmakers today announced they’re teaming up to create an industry standard for chiplet technology, an important component of many modern processors. The companies participating in the initiative include ASE Inc., Advanced Micro Devices Inc., Arm Ltd., Intel Corp., Qualcomm Inc., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. and TSMC Ltd. They’re joined by Microsoft Corp., Facebook parent Meta Platforms Inc. and Google LLC’s cloud business.
Extract 2
There is also another, potentially equally significant benefit for the industry. In theory, future chiplets that will be compatible with the newly announced UCIe standard could be linked together to form a single processor even if they are made by different companies. That could create opportunities to develop new kinds of processors that combine technologies from several different chipmakers.
Extract 3
“Microsoft is joining the UCIe industry organization to accelerate the pace of datacenter innovation and enable new breakthroughs in silicon design,” said Microsoft Distinguished Engineer Leendert van Doorn. “We look forward to combining efforts of the organization with our own achievements to drive step-function improvements in silicon architecture for the benefit of our customers.”

Just for those who do not know:

What chiplet means?
A chiplet is a sub processing unit, usually controlled by a I/O controller chip on the same package. Chiplet design is a modular approach to building processors. Both AMD and Intel, current major CPU manufacturers, are adopting chiplet designs for their current product line ups.

In early 2021 NASA put out a paper or an advising to its SBIR tenderers to the effect that they preferred chiplet compatible technology for use in their space development program. When I read this and did a little research at the time I thought to myself this makes it a whole lot easier to add a little artificial intelligence.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

ndefries

Regular
Always found it curious that senior people are either not allowed to or do not want to reveal where they are moving to. Despite many of their colleagues probably knowing already.

Not always the same reasons. They can have lengthy notice periods which may have been requested to be served at home if they are moving to a competitor. They then don't want to announce their new role until they have actually started in the role.

The new company may also want to keep it secret until just before the commencement date as they may be shuffling executives around and want a combined statement at some point in the future.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
I think about two weeks ago he sent me a private email just confirming details for the AGM attendance. I have sent him other emails since with links to various things that have been thrown up here as I know he gets very busy so I keep him and a couple of others in the loop so to speak. He has not replied but neither have the others as it is not something that occurs. I will send him an email to check but I am sure everything will be right.
FF.

AKIDA BALLISTA
Just had a quick squiz and the last time he posted over in never never land was 29 April.
Maybe being probed by CIA or aliens? :ROFLMAO:
Probably just life got busy as it does from time to time, for all of us.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Cyw

Regular
FF.

AKIDA BALLISTA
Do I have to register somewhere to attend the AGM in person? Or I can just walk up there.

Reactions: 1 users
So what will become of data centres
They are going to turn them into low cost housing and shelters until someone with a high profile brings in a world renown architect and makes the idea of living in a former data centre on trend and then the poor will be priced out and the shelters will disappear as the gentrification process takes place.

Or they could become factories for making things containing AKIDA for the industries that do not yet exist. :cool:

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users
Do I have to register somewhere to attend the AGM in person? Or I can just walk up there.
Before Covid there were two points of entry. On the ground floor where normal security dwells and you have to identify yourself and that you are going to the BRN AGM and you will be given instructions and signed in to the building and told which lift etc; to enter to attend the AGM.

When you arrive on the correct floor for the meeting this is where you will register as a shareholder intending to vote and you will be given a piece of paper or papers related to that process and ticked off the register. You will need a form of personal identification in the name that you hold the shares in and it can also be useful to have your HIN number as well.

Now this was before Covid so might be slightly different now.

FF.

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
Interesting article in the Australian today about SoftBank having a few problems with the current market, however they will turning their attention more to ARM as they can see that this is the area for future profits

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users

Shadow59

Regular
hmmm i have a dilemma, should i fly virgin qantas or Jetstar mon arvo from brissie? need to run it thru a brn algorithm to decide! ???
LOL... One of my clients decided to book me on jetstar to fly to Melbourne to look at a building site. The flight was supposed to leave early in the day so I could catch a return plane in the arvo. It was delayed and delayed until I had to catch a Qantas flight in the afternoon that took me to the wrong airport in Melbourne so I ended up overnighting and having to wait until 5.00 in the morning when the sun came up to see the site(The mosquitoes were fierce).
I'd pick one of the other 2. DYOR Not intended as serious advice.🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
JUST HEARD FROM UIUX ALL IS GOOD AT HIS END.

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Excellent to hear. Thankyou for your efforts in contacting him.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom