BRN Discussion Ongoing

Surely we’re no loved here, with ARM Cortex Neuromorphic et al’ mentions

Uh oh “involved” it should be (flippin autotxt in mouth)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

White Horse

Regular
Some of the other benefits are:

View attachment 6456

View attachment 6457

View attachment 6458

View attachment 6459

Always good to remind people about Mercedes and I liked him adding this at the end!

View attachment 6460
And from one of my favorite futuristic movies.

1652416629764.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Happy Birthday @Fact Finder I really appreciate all the manhours you have put into this forum and Hot Crapper. I truely don’t think I would have stayed strong trough all the ups and downs if it weren’t for your insight. Not to take away from all the other fantastic posters here, but it is your birthday;)

God bless you and have an amazing time with your family!

HB FF
Couldn’t agree more with TFM sentiment here, have a cracka !!

SSC1

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Diogenese

Top 20
... and at the other end of the scale:

https://www.tachyum.com/media/press-releases/

Tachyum unveils a monster processor that does everything​

Anthony Spadafora - 4h ago

The wait is finally over and the US-startup Tachyum has now launched its Prodigy universal processor which combines the functionality of a CPU, GPU and TPU in a single processor.

In order to develop its revolutionary new processor, the company first set out to conquer the processor performance plateau in nanometer-class chips and the systems they power.

In addition to being Tachyum’s first commercial product, the Prodigy Cloud/AI/HPC supercomputer processor chip offers four times the performance of the fastest Intel Xeon processor. However, it also has three times more raw performance than the Nvidia H100 on HPC as well as six times more raw performance on AI training and inference workloads

With its new processor, Tachyum believes it is poised to overcome the challenges of increasing data center power consumption, low server utilization and stalled performance scaling.

We did look at Tachyum a year ago in another place. Nothing that a little Akida couldn't fix.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Nice little birthday present FF

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220513-144401.png
    Screenshot_20220513-144401.png
    250 KB · Views: 128
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

MDhere

Regular
did i mention that that photo was taken with either a phantom 4 or inspire. both of these i checked are from dji :)

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip

POWERED BY

VITICULTURE - FRUITS - AGRICULTURE​

precision viticulture​

INTELLIGENT SENSORS FOR SMART VITICULTURE​

NEW! Thanks to "LoRa" technology, our sensors have a range of up to 6 kilometers* and can monitor areas of up to 10,000 hectares*. As a result, this technology is also the perfect solution for wine cooperatives.​

VineSense : The perfect solution for viticulture 4.0​

Sensors installed in the rows of vines measure the micro-climatic parameters of the vines.​

This data is transmitted wirelessly. The information is automatically forwarded to the Netsens data center in Florence every 5 minutes.​

The authenticated user can then access this data from any Internet-enabled device, worldwide.​

VineSense is a decision support system and provides reliable information on:​

• Development of pathogens: downy mildew, oidium, botrytis, grape moth .​

• Late frost alert , in real-time via email and SMS​

• Infection risk assessment compared to current phenological stage​

• Real-time mapping of microclimatic conditions​

Looking at the phenological phases observed in the field, the software models automatically adapt to the specific conditions of your vineyards.​

The agronomic models provide you with useful information about the stage of development and the risk of the most important pathogens. Here, innovative technology and (biodynamic) viticulture 4.0 go hand in hand.​

* dependent on geographic location​

Grapes have been mentioned by Brainchip. I have research papers where SNN's can be used to detect VOC's from mould, mildew and yeasts on plants/grape vines. If you have a vineyard with multiple sensors running 24 hours a day doing what is spoken off above at the cost of electricity you would not want them running at full power every second of every minute of every day and you would not want them sending masses of data continuously to the cloud. If you have just listened to Kristopher Carlson's presentation it is fresh in you mind how AKIDA powered sensors can overcome these issues and take cost away as a barrier to adoption.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
It also reminds me of the sensor test with Tony Dawe when our' little' AKIDA fitted to a USB stick could correctly identify different finished wines ....Shiraz & Chardonnay !!......... I will be doing my own wine 🍷testing a little later....;) here's to a great weekend Chippers 🍷🍷🍷 CHEERS

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

JK200SX

Regular
I listened to the Kristopher Carlson presentation regarding ADAS and enjoyed it very much. I do think the new slides they are using are easier to follow and they clearly recognise the importance of what Mercedes Benz has done for the Brainchip Brand.

I have mentioned my one concern about the Brainchip message which in the past has been
Hi FF, do you have a link please?

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

AllExclusives

Neuromorphic AI at the Edge with BrainChip​

May 12, 2022
Add Comment
by Sulagna Saha
Neuromorphic computing may still be at an emerging stage, but there are companies hard at work trying to harness its power to make AI more accurate, responsive and energy efficient. Jerome Nadel, who is the new Chief Marketing Officer at frequent Tech Field Day presenter, BrainChip Holdings Ltd, met with us for a virtual briefing to talk about BrainChip’s neuromorphic AI IP and the latest AI enablement program.

Edge AI Faces Some Serious Stumbling Blocks on Its Way​

For much of the past decade AI has been in steady development and evolution in that space has been pretty staggering as a result. But even with things rolling at a seemingly great speed, the edge device market is facing some steep challenges around AI implementation. Organizations are scrambling to meet skyrocketing needs for capability, compute and bandwidth in effect of the data explosion. Most of the data acquired is low quality and not actionable, and so far providers have been able to do relatively little to help with this situation.
Moreover, when AI is distributed, it is for one, more energy-intensive, and for another high on latency. As if that wasn’t bad enough, distributed AI comes with a steep memory requirement and lots of data inferencing, all of which accumulate into cost. All told, the road ahead for edge AI seems rocky, if not worse.

The Way Ahead​

The most obvious next steps from here would be to bring AI to edge and reduce cloud dependency. So instead of hauling loads of data back to the data center every second, getting these data processed at the point of acquisition can reduce time and latency, and hopefully prevent inflation of computation costs. This can have more than just a few benefits including energy savings, bare minimal latency, low bandwidth and reduced memory requirements and superior inferencing from small data batches. In other words, having AI embedded in edge endpoints can have enormous payoffs.

BrainChip’s Vision to Close the Chasm between Analog and Digital​

The cry for help seems to have reached the ears of one company that is breaking grounds in the edge AI space with its neuromorphic AI IP. BrainChip, the name behind Mercedes VISION EQXX’s in-cabin AI, is well on its way to change the way AI is done at the edge.
BrainChip-Akida-IP.jpg
Image Provided by BrainChip
An ambitious player in the AI space for long, BrainChip is a familiar name as the producer of ultra low-energy neuromorphic AI IP. Akida, BrainChip’s neuromorphic processor IP applies in-chip neuromorphic AI to compute and analyze essential sensor data at very low energy consumption. Inferencing data on the chip, it passes only the lighter inference data on to the memory careful not to overload it. With capabilities like simultaneous processing of multi-sensor modalities, on-chip one-shot learning, event-based learning, cloud independent, Akida is a processor IP that is focused on delivering essential data only.
In a recent collaboration with Swiss behavioral analytics AI company, NVISO, BrainChip addressed the growing need for AI to have power efficiency and higher performance with plans to integrate two of the companies’ solutions.
Distancing itself from its former identity as a chip company, BrainChip is now rebranding as solely an IP company with its recent collaborations and announcements. Under its current leadership, Nadel sees BrainChip playing a role in the future where humans’ interaction with the digital is more seamless and organic.

BrainChip’s New AI Enablement Program​

Earlier this week, BrainChip announced a three tier AI enablement program that provides companies support for design, development and integration of AI based on use cases. The program is split into three packages that are Basic Prototype, Advanced Prototype and Functioning Prototype.
Under the basic package, the offerings include hardware- PCIe boards and development systems, a production-ready ML model from BrainChip’s model zoo and a session of virtual training. Targeted towards businesses that are seeking to achieve a basic prototype, it also includes 35 hours of support.
The Advanced and Functioning Prototype packages each deliver one and two custom model designs respectively along with more hardware, sets of AKD1000 chips and longer hours of support.

In Conclusion​

To fully realize the potential of AI at edge, we need really powerful processor IPs that can closely imitate biological neural computation in selection and analysis of sensor data and inferring with higher accuracy and lower power consumption. BrainChip’s Akida IP does both by providing breakthrough economics in energy footprints and surprisingly low latency by keeping AI local while making on-chip AI models better and more accurate at inferring and learning with neuromorphic computing. Special thanks to Jerome Nadel for taking the time to talk with us and Mark Smith for setting up the interview.
Find out more about BrainChip’s edge AI technology on their website or check out their previous Field Day presentations. For more exclusives like this one, keep reading here at gestaltit.com.

Related Posts​

Networking on The Edge​

Intel Technical Leadership Drives Private Network Adoption​

Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform Brings Operational Consistency to the Edge​

Ice Lake Expands Intel AI: Edge to Cloud​

#AI #EdgeAI #ML #NeuromorphicComputing @BrainChip_Inc @WriterOfTech1

ABOUT THE AUTHOR​

fee18e932a8b8dd1ac271d8086eeb139

Sulagna Saha​

Sulagna Saha is a writer at Gestalt IT where she covers all the latest in enterprise IT. She has written widely on miscellaneous topics. On gestaltit.com she writes about the hottest technologies in Cloud, AI, Security and sundry.
A writer by day and reader by night, Sulagna can be found busy with a book or browsing through a bookstore in her free time. She also likes cooking fancy things on leisurely weekends. Traveling and movies are other things high on her list of passions. Sulagna works out of the Gestalt IT office in Hudson, Ohio.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 50 users

Slade

Top 20

I like the redirection. It makes a lot of sense.

“Distancing itself from its former identity as a chip company, BrainChip is now rebranding as solely an IP company with its recent collaborations and announcements. Under its current leadership, Nadel sees BrainChip playing a role in the future where humans’ interaction with the digital is more seamless and organic.”

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users
... and at the other end of the scale:

https://www.tachyum.com/media/press-releases/

Tachyum unveils a monster processor that does everything​

Anthony Spadafora - 4h ago

The wait is finally over and the US-startup Tachyum has now launched its Prodigy universal processor which combines the functionality of a CPU, GPU and TPU in a single processor.

In order to develop its revolutionary new processor, the company first set out to conquer the processor performance plateau in nanometer-class chips and the systems they power.

In addition to being Tachyum’s first commercial product, the Prodigy Cloud/AI/HPC supercomputer processor chip offers four times the performance of the fastest Intel Xeon processor. However, it also has three times more raw performance than the Nvidia H100 on HPC as well as six times more raw performance on AI training and inference workloads

With its new processor, Tachyum believes it is poised to overcome the challenges of increasing data center power consumption, low server utilization and stalled performance scaling.

We did look at Tachyum a year ago in another place. Nothing that a little Akida couldn't fix.
On Tachyum, posted below with Rambus few days ago...

Happy B'day FF btw.

Post in thread 'BRN Discussion 2022' https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-2022.1/post-60424

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Slade

Top 20
I like the redirection. It makes a lot of sense.

“Distancing itself from its former identity as a chip company, BrainChip is now rebranding as solely an IP company with its recent collaborations and announcements. Under its current leadership, Nadel sees BrainChip playing a role in the future where humans’ interaction with the digital is more seamless and organic.”
We may need to rename ourselves as Brainip.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users
Hi FF, do you have a link please?
Hopefully this will work as a link you need to register but it was a fairly straight forward process. FF

Reactions: 5 users

Courtesy of Your Linked in correspondent !

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

MDhere

Regular
ok @Rocket577 i think my mission is done.
20220513_151430.jpg

going to go have a maragrita now 😆

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Surely we’re no loved here, with ARM Cortex Neuromorphic et al’ mentions
From their most recent patent application, STM seem to be into analog NPUs:
US2022121913A1 ARTIFICIAL NEURON

An artificial neuron includes a first capacitive node of application of a membrane potential of the neuron. A first transistor is configured to discharge the first capacitive node. A second capacitive node is driven according to the membrane potential and delivers a potential for controlling the first transistor. A second transistor is configured to discharge the second capacitive node. The second transistor is controlled according to a potential present at the second capacitive node.

1652417574230.png

So, to talk to an ARM Cortex, they will need an analog-to-digital converter (ADC).

PS: I haven't looked at their other 197 "neural network" patents.

Attachments

• 1652417048366.png
    1652417048366.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

VictorG

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Violin1

Regular
It also reminds me of the sensor test with Tony Dawe when our' little' AKIDA fitted to a USB could correctly identify different finished wines ....Shiraz & Chardonnay !!......... I will be doing my own wine 🍷testing a little later....;) here's to a great weekend Chippers 🍷🍷🍷 CHEERS
I like your thinking BienSuerte - I've had no wine for a week while I've been locked in the cupboard. Good thing I like pizza and pancakes because that's all they could slide under the door! Out tomorrow so may give it a nudge. Clearly time for a good bottle to check I still have sense of taste, lol.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
Top Bottom