BRN Discussion Ongoing

From this same link and for anyone who thinks the EAP with NASA is of no consequence:

“As the world tries to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic, the aerospace and defense industries are predicted to grow from US $416 billion to $551 billion by 2030, according to Mordor Intelligence. The growth means increased development of aviation, space, and other systems that are crucial to the industries”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

VictorG

I often wonder how any trader would risk shorting BRN, now I know..
FB_IMG_1651711591248.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Wow! I can't believe this was approved for release!

Sooooooo, I guess this pretty well sums up why Information Systems Laboratories (ISL) is developing an AI-based radar for the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) based on its Akida™ Neural Network Processor Research solutions and not on TrueNorth!

This is page 24 of Nanocomputing, Neuromorphic Computing and Quantum Information ScienceTechnologies at the AFRL Information Directorate by Dr Michel Hayduk (August 2021).

Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 11.03.23 am.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 75 users
I have elected to simply post the link and not extract the figures but those who through some weird fetish read and remember my posts over at the other place know I have vigorously argued against the idea that Brainchip is missing the ‘Covid bus’.

Yesterday on the news the Chief Health Officer confirmed that in Australia so far this year we have had 5,000 Covid related deaths. Covid is now the leading cause of death in Australia. Elsewhere three new variants of Covid have been identified in Australia.

The linked article gives the world wide figures:

Covid is not going away and if you read about this virus it derives from a viral family that has survived the millennium and will likely see the end of this solar system.

When a handheld device eventually comes to market via NaNose, Biotome, NASA or someone we have no idea about using a quantum sensor there will be a massive market with generational demand.

No question about it whatsoever.

More importantly it will provide an answer to how we can all go about our lives normally as families where maybe not today but at some point we will have to have regard for those in our family who are vulnerable to Covid by reason of advanced years or a known medical vulnerability.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users

Sooooooo, I guess this pretty well sums up why Information Systems Laboratories (ISL) is developing an AI-based radar for the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) based on its Akida™ Neural Network Processor Research solutions and not on TrueNorth!

This is page 23 of Nanocomputing, Neuromorphic Computing and Quantum Information ScienceTechnologies at the AFRL Information Directorate by Dr Michel Hayduk (August 2021).

View attachment 5601

Hi Bravo
Would you immediately email this with the link to Tony Dawe this is Brainchip gold.
Regards
FF

• Fire
Reactions: 27 users

This is page 23 of Nanocomputing, Neuromorphic Computing and Quantum Information ScienceTechnologies at the AFRL Information Directorate by Dr Michel Hayduk (August 2021).

View attachment 5602
Anyone else think of these two words used by the CEO Sean Hehir:

DEFAULT STANDARD

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 36 users

View attachment 5602

Bit below was what I liked when posted previously.

1651713643843.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 49 users

Bravo

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users
Wonder if we getting a look in with another ISLinc project :unsure:

Screenshot_2022-05-05-09-27-36-48_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Screenshot_2022-05-05-09-28-05-42_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
Handy central site to search various US contracts, awards etc. Where I found the ISL missile seeker.

Screenshot_2022-05-05-09-31-43-71_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Screenshot_2022-05-05-09-32-23-28_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Screenshot_2022-05-05-09-34-01-42_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 44 users

View attachment 5602
Where did this come from?

alwaysgreen

Top 20
And remember Brainchip is actively recruiting trying to bring onboard the best people. Many of the best at Brainchip have come from ARM and I would not be surprised to see more head over now that SiFive has surfaced.

If you take the time to think about what it has been like at ARM for a few years now as an employee with all the uncertainty.

The takeover, the China defection, the spin off, the float it must be quite hard to actually get agreement about research, policy and direction from management because no one knows what is going to happen next and who will have a job.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Plus who wouldn't want to get in early on a very exciting opportunity. 😜

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Handy central site to search various US contracts, awards etc. Where I found the ISL missile seeker.

View attachment 5607

View attachment 5608

View attachment 5609
Hi FMF
I was taken by the reference to ISL and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission because I have this recollection of either Rob Telson or Sean Hehir dropping the 'nuclear' word.

Clearly AKIDA is a monitoring tool so it can monitor anything and if as SiFive stated it has been hardened it would be technically capable of working in and about reactors or nuclear medicine isotopes. It would even be something for a robot designed to enter nuclear facilities to look for leaks in areas where there is a risk to human inspectors.

Unless my recollection is false on this point then it is something to keep and eye on as well. Think of all the medical use cases around the world including dental surgeries.

"Kang SiFive: BrainChip has discussed Arm IP for their product line. Arm processors have built a reputation for low power based on comparisons to x86-based products. SiFive Intelligence products compare well to Arm products through offering improved performance-per-area of up to 30%, combined with a single ISA for simpler programming, and a modular approach that aligns well to working with hardened AI IP such as that developed by BrainChip."

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

Mugen74

Regular
the-simspons-homer.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
1651721036638.png

thumbsup.gif

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 36 users

Bravo

Reactions: 5 users
Hi FMF
I was taken by the reference to ISL and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission because I have this recollection of either Rob Telson or Sean Hehir dropping the 'nuclear' word.

Clearly AKIDA is a monitoring tool so it can monitor anything and if as SiFive stated it has been hardened it would be technically capable of working in and about reactors or nuclear medicine isotopes. It would even be something for a robot designed to enter nuclear facilities to look for leaks in areas where there is a risk to human inspectors.

Unless my recollection is false on this point then it is something to keep and eye on as well. Think of all the medical use cases around the world including dental surgeries.

"Kang SiFive: BrainChip has discussed Arm IP for their product line. Arm processors have built a reputation for low power based on comparisons to x86-based products. SiFive Intelligence products compare well to Arm products through offering improved performance-per-area of up to 30%, combined with a single ISA for simpler programming, and a modular approach that aligns well to working with hardened AI IP such as that developed by BrainChip."

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
When you consider the fact that Vorago was paid to come up with a design to harden AKD1000 by NASA, and as @uiux points out it is par for the course when dealing with NASA that you can be accelerated to Phase 3 and be taken into stealth mode, that this did not in fact, happen with Brainchip and AKD1000.

If this has not happened and it was not possible or lets say viable to harden AKIDA then projects like the one that Information Systems Laboratories have won with Brainchip from the US Airforce Defence Research facility would not even have got off the ground.

Anil Mankar would not in his interview with the dark haired lass with the talking hands have mentioned NASA using AKIDA in 90nm which as I recall @IndepthDiver mentioned would allow for greater radiation tolerance in more extreme environments.

So while we lack an actual confirmatory announcement known facts and logic come in to play here and allow us to accept that the Vorago project was a roaring success and NASA and DARPA are fully on board.

As Rob Telson said 'we are working with NASA on vision and other things we cannot talk about' which are clearly much more top secret than radar guidance systems for the US Airforce. Makes one wonder does it not?

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 48 users
The interwebs.

I know, I'm just as surprised as you, trust me!
Lol but specially what site or search brought this up?

ndefries

Regular
Back at $1! That's a good sight.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
Top Bottom