BRN Discussion Ongoing

davidfitz

Regular
Just found the following. Note the WA connection. I am about to go out so it may be nothing other than interesting but with Professor Barry Marshall over in WA along with the Brainchip Research arm might be worth a look:
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Biotome are also located at the Harry Perkins Research Centre so it is likely.

About Perkins​

Since 1998, the Perkins has grown to become one of the nation's leading adult medical research centres, where a close-knit team of more than 450 research and clinical staff work together to defeat the major diseases that impact our community.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
" It is also believed the partnership will have no bearing on VW’s search to find a chip supplier for its new car operating system VW.os, which is due to debut in 2025. It is still in negotiations with Qualcomm, Intel and Nvidia regarding this."

ioti.com

Supply Chain, Transportation & Logistics​

Alamy Stock Photo
Image shows a VW logo outside Volkswagen dealership London, UK

VW Inks Deal to Use Qualcomm Chips for Autonomous Driving​

The VW Group has one of the most extensive portfolios in the auto industry

• Written by Graham Hope
  • 3rd May 2022

The Volkswagen Group has agreed to a deal to work with Qualcomm on self-driving technology.
The partnership was confirmed on Tuesday after German business news outlet Handelsblatt had revealed on Monday that the automaker will pay in the region of $1 billion to use Qualcomm’s system on a chip (SOC) – which has been developed specifically for autonomous vehicles – across all of its brands.
A statement issued by CARIAD, the VW Group’s software unit, confirmed an agreement was in place, although no financial details were disclosed.
The deal is significant given that the VW Group has one of the most extensive portfolios in the auto industry, with Volkswagen, Skoda, SEAT, Cupra, Audi, Porsche, Audi, Lamborghini and Bentley all under its wing.
The SoC, from Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Ride Platform portfolio, will be used with CARIAD’s standardized and scalable computer platform, which is aimed to be available by the middle of the decade. The platform will enable automated driving up to Level 4 standards, as defined by the Society of Automotive Engineers. This means the car can handle all aspects of driving in most circumstances, without human intervention.
Handelsblatt claimed the deal was a five-year agreement that runs until 2031, with the first chips scheduled to be delivered to VW in around three years, although this was not confirmed in the official statement.
“The connected and automated car of the future is a high-performance computer on wheels,” CARIAD CEO Dirk Hilgenberg said. “Behind it lies enormously complex computing power. With our automated driving solutions, we are striving to let customers take their hands off the steering wheel in the future. Our software and Qualcomm Technologies’ high-performance SoCs are the perfect match to bring this new automotive experience to customers around the world.”
The agreement with Qualcomm will be considered something of a surprise by some industry observers, given that VW has been working with Intel subsidiary Mobileye for some time on a variety of driver assistance systems, and Audi had previously teamed up with Nvidia.
However, Volkswagen Group CEO Herbert Diess said in a separate statement on LinkedIn that the deal did not mean the end of its relationship with other parties.
“Important: That doesn’t mean that we stop to work with Intel – the opposite is going to be reality: We want to expand our very successful partnership with Mobileye, are already in talks,” he said.
“In the current ID vehicles, the customers can already benefit from their great technology with the travel assist based on swarm data. And for the next generation of our software used by Audi and Porsche, we want to have Mobileye stronger implemented to enable the cars for convenient and reliable level 2 ++ automated driving.”
Nevertheless, the new deal will be seen as a coup for Qualcomm, given the group’s status as the number one automaker globally in terms of annual revenue, and number two sales-wise. VW joins a list of companies partnering with Qualcomm on automated driving which includes BMW, Ferrari, General Motors, Renault, Honda and China’s Great Wall.
It is also believed the partnership will have no bearing on VW’s search to find a chip supplier for its new car operating system VW.os, which is due to debut in 2025. It is still in negotiations with Qualcomm, Intel and Nvidia regarding this.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Tony Coles

Regular
OK. So this is a very interesting development.

Volkswagen partners with Qualcomm for chip technology​

By
Kimberly Hurley
-
May 3, 2022

Volkswagen

On Monday, German newspaper Handelsblatt reported that Volkswagen has agreed to partner with U.S.-based Qualcomm to develop self-driving vehicles. Volkswagen Chief Executive Officer Herbert Diess reportedly visited the San Diego-based technology firm last month to finalize the deal, which will provide the automaker with access to Qualcomm’s so-called “system-on-a-chip” (SoC) technology.
Qualcomm’s SoC technology is used in its “Snapdragon Ride Platform,” which the firm hopes will play a crucial role in the roll-out of autonomous vehicles in the coming years. According to this week’s report, partnering with Qualcomm was an interesting choice, as it was assumed Volkswagen would use technology firm Mobileye instead, seeing as Mobileye is already providing Volkswagen with its “Travel Assist” technology.
The Qualcomm-Volkswagen contract will reportedly last until 2031, and the first semiconductor chips are expected to be delivered in 2025. While specific financial information was not disclosed, it is estimated that the partnership will cost Volkswagen upwards of $1 billion.
The German automaker reportedly declined to comment on the matter, but reports say it is also holding discussions with Qualcomm for its next operating system, which will be called VW.os.
Qualcomm is a popular partner for automakers, as Stellantis, BMW, and General Motors have also entered into agreements with the firm at some point. Other automakers such as Mercedes-Benz have instead partnered with Nvidia and other firms to obtain much-needed semiconductor chips.

I'm honestly starting to get confused and at the same time bursting of excitement, so many dot joining and so much effort put towards the research, looks like more cars than Mercedes will hopefully be using Akida! Full 360 degree change for VW, what changed its mine, I thought VW was following like Tesla's technology. Have a great day all. Thanks Bravo!

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Bravo

I'm honestly starting to get confused and at the same time bursting of excitement, so many dot joining and so much effort put towards the research, looks like more cars than Mercedes will hopefully be using Akida! Full 360 degree change for VW, what changed its mine, I thought VW was following like Tesla's technology. Have a great day all. Thanks Bravo!

Hi Tony, yes it's a bit confusing. Let's hope all of these dots join together to become one GINORMOUS CONGA LINE of customers!

BTW just one of the reasons I think this is very interesting is that Volkswagen, back on the 1 March 2022, chose Cerence to power it's voice AI in it's new cars. We all know that Cerence knows about BrainChip because of the Mercedes EQXX. Since Cerence knows that the voice control system in the Mercedes EQXX operates 5-10 times more efficiently with Akida, I find it very doubtful that they wouldn't mention this rather salient fact to Volkswagen, don't you?

https://voicebot.ai/2022/03/01/volkswagen-picks-cerence-to-power-voice-ai-in-new-cars/

In addition, Volkswagen's software arm Cariad and Bosch have joined forces in software for EV and autonomous driving and whats more, Rob Telson "liked" it.

More dots...

Rob Telson Likes 5.jpg

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

jk6199

Regular
Share price fallling at the same time news of more businesses involved with BRN. It’s like stretching a rubber band in opposite ways, how big will the force be when announcements and/or financials come in !?

• Haha
  • Fire

Bravo

I might be looking into things a little too much but I found this a bit odd. In this article in the Los Angeles Times on 5 Jan 2022, it says "With the new Snapdragon Ride Vision System, Qualcomm isn’t targeting full driverless capabilities, known as Level 4 autonomy, at least for now".

And yet, in the article above from 3 May 2022 it says "The SoC, from Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Ride Platform portfolio, will be used with CARIAD’s standardized and scalable computer platform, which is aimed to be available by the middle of the decade. The platform will enable automated driving up to Level 4 standards, as defined by the Society of Automotive Engineers."

So, something has happened in between January and May to allow for Level 4 autonomy.

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

davidfitz

Regular
I generally ignore this mob but I found the extract below from this article interesting. Can't see the original article as you have to subscribe to The Australian.

Could Polynovo shares be kicked out of the ASX 200?​

This view was argued in a recent article in The Australian. According to the report, broker Wilsons is picking coal miner Coronado Global Resources Inc (ASX: CRN), lithium stock Core Lithium Ltd (ASX: CXO) and tech company Brainchip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN) as the next entrants into the ASX 200. That’s largely thanks to significant share price appreciation in recent months.

• Fire
  • Love

Tony Coles

Regular
Share price fallling at the same time news of more businesses involved with BRN. It’s like stretching a rubber band in opposite ways, how big will the force be when announcements and/or financials come in !?
Well you could say that the corporations that are shorting BRN may well be exiting their positions, might get an exciting announcement at any time from now till our next 3rd quarterly announcement. We need the shorts report to see if they have increased or decreased, that should tell half of the story. I thing Yak52 usually has access to the short report.

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I might be looking into things a little too much but I found this a bit odd. In this article in the Los Angeles Times on 5 Jan 2022, it says "With the new Snapdragon Ride Vision System, Qualcomm isn’t targeting full driverless capabilities, known as Level 4 autonomy, at least for now".

And yet, in the article above from 3 May 2022 it says "The SoC, from Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Ride Platform portfolio, will be used with CARIAD’s standardized and scalable computer platform, which is aimed to be available by the middle of the decade. The platform will enable automated driving up to Level 4 standards, as defined by the Society of Automotive Engineers."

So, something has happened in between January and May to allow for Level 4 autonomy.

Hi Bravo,

The CARIAD computer is a work-in-progress.

20220105: With the new Snapdragon Ride Vision System, Qualcomm isn’t targeting full driverless capabilities, known as Level 4 autonomy, at least for now.

20220504: The SoC, from Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Ride Platform portfolio, will be used with CARIAD’s standardized and scalable computer platform, which is aimed to be available by the middle of the decade. The platform will enable automated driving up to Level 4 standards, as defined by the Society of Automotive Engineers. This means the car can handle all aspects of driving in most circumstances, without human intervention.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

VictorG

I wouldn't be surprised if an imminent and very positive announcement drops this week because I can't top up until next week.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 29 users

White Horse

Regular
I generally ignore this mob but I found the extract below from this article interesting. Can't see the original article as you have to subscribe to The Australian.

Could Polynovo shares be kicked out of the ASX 200?​

This view was argued in a recent article in The Australian. According to the report, broker Wilsons is picking coal miner Coronado Global Resources Inc (ASX: CRN), lithium stock Core Lithium Ltd (ASX: CXO) and tech company Brainchip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN) as the next entrants into the ASX 200. That’s largely thanks to significant share price appreciation in recent months.
This is the paragraph from the Au st ra lian on 1/5/2022. Report done by Wi ls ons. Trust the EFfffing F---ls to pilfer the article. "Mindless cretins".
Possible inclusions ASX200
"Other probable inclusions include, Northern Territory-focused lithium developer Core Lithium, which has enjoyed a 12-month share price run from 28c to about $1.40, pushing its value to about $2.3bn. Johns Lyng, Brainchip, and coal outfit New Hope are also possible."

Reactions: 6 users

GDJR69

Regular
Over the last two years I have had an ongoing complaint which I have taken up privately with Brainchip and it related to the continuing failure of the system to provide me with ongoing receipt of news and information via email.
No matter how many times I registered and how many times their tech people claimed it was now resolved. Because of the 1,000 Eyes I was not disadvantaged however I am pleased to say it now finally appears to have been resolved.

As no one else has complained I have assumed it was my problem entirely but if you too have had problems in this regard I suggest you go to Brainchip’s website and register again to receive updates and newsletters.

To celebrate I have posted the latest email notification I have received. Fingers crossed it will be the first of many:

k2jYlZMNyF5gP1i0zjdwB-JNHeJ-i9six51rzWANAMBtiFR8kNMXOhROZTv4JLjEfyHi8NEf2dsaHnp9vEa7eIeLn3TUeWn1wTjK7sJ4wQY6f6KdHg1lFOP27Q_SpU-fwrohYtaSYDkNbpeouyYMVPxAfY7AQg=s0-d-e1-ft

JOIN US AT THE
2022 EMBEDDED VISION SUMMIT
MAY 17 -19!​

5R7bGN1a8zgkE4QjQGFLm0VFWZnkE2w-QS7Bj4NS4SRrdQq3nRB2NBZwtEaJ6qwUogZxh6NH64Q-gocj2PbU1EHz5muzXEFFJJjlWIEqTHTjCo8Boy1ZBy5hYrJQai1ZeL4CwQxU50oGgZnyKv002HxuFI-JBw=s0-d-e1-ft
Join BrainChip and hundreds of computer vision professionals at the 2022 Embedded Vision Summit, the premier event for innovators incorporating computer vision and edge AI in products.

This year’s Summit will once again be in-person May 17 – 19, 2022, in Santa Clara, California. This annual event brings together a global audience of companies developing leading-edge, vision-enabled products, including embedded systems, cloud solutions, and mobile applications.

The BrainChip team will be demonstrating live use cases for our revolutionary Akida Neuromophic technology in Booth #725.

You can register HERE!

If you'd like to set up a time to meet with one of our team members while at this event, please reply to this email or contact us at BrainChip Sales.

PODCAST EP16 – A CONVERSATION WITH DOUG FAIRBAIRN FROM ECO-SYSTEM PARTNER MEGACHIPS​

KKPuSBwP8V8pllCX_DTauuzXHcFZVIiy063E5CmfoBD6Ir_Exw4SQuf-BCo3g-UqpMKFW-Ay4gq4TbF0ycC1ysYS-kxMGDk0PF1qDvZfRcxnZnmUmOG1fFLSq1EpOsm3Frvp73x2tk6XFvdxvL9nJQwZtGlmbg=s0-d-e1-ft
In case you missed it, one of BrainChip’s eco-system partners, MegaChips (who will also be at Embedded Vision Summit) was a guest on the recent “This is our Mission” podcast. In this episode, Rob Telson, Vice President of Worldwide Sales sat down with Doug Fairbairn to chat about the impact of AI and its evolution in the ASIC design environment.

The duo dive deep into real-world implications of delivering Akida technology into external customers’ system on chip. You can listen to the full episode HERE.

BRAINCHIP DRIVES HOME INTELLIGENT EDGE AI IMPLEMENTATION
AT AUTOSENS DETROIT​

5zrttyTmy5hNpRHdSJgPTpI24MmAlyfxXIhQLQhdEdnq54o-KIeevY7uBmcHfym0qiDqIhlqZISsdWBn05_xDXBQemwi-9o0GXbU2vTkXWCpT8YSWSU0tRIHQv83dhdHyr7Z9nT-Z58yjmh9ZNZ5iIL7SrHkhw=s0-d-e1-ft

BrainChip is exhibiting the latest capabilities of its Akida™ neuromorphic computing platforms at AutoSens at the Michigan Science Center in Detroit May 10-12.
As part of the company’s participation, BrainChip Manager of Applied Research Kristofer Carlson will present “How can efficient, low-latency, and high-accuracy inference be performed in ADAS?” in the Toyota Engineering Theater May 12 at 9:25

FF, I have had the same problem with not getting emails from BRN. I have written to Tony Dawes about it twice and it only recently seems to have been fixed.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I have mentioned previously even over at the other place that Brainchip had it all to play for and were hitting their straps at just the right time in the history of technology development.

The following fairly light weight article spells out in a straight forward way the real life opportunity ahead.

Knowing this and being deeply involved in the industry with an insiders view of this real life opportunity if I were the CEO of Brainchip just like Sean Hehir I too would be having a few sleepless nights concerned that I crossed every 't' and dotted every 'i' and did not squander this once in a lifetime opportunity I had been given to dominate the ML/Ai market and have the Brainchip technology become the default standard:

Why semiconductors are about to be a trillion-dollar industry​

Ondrej Burkacky and Nikolaus Lehmann - 12h ago
FollowView Profile
ReactComments|

© Provided by TechRadar

1651632559588.png

The semiconductor industry has hit the headlines over the past year—and not always in a good way. Supply-chain problems led to supply shortages, which led to bottlenecks in the production of everything from cars to computers, and prompted some large technology and auto companies to move design in-house. Consumers who had never given these tiny chips much thought came to realize just how critical they are, not only to the smooth functioning of the global economy, but to their own lives.

In many ways, we live in a world built on chips—and this dependency will continue to rise. We estimate 6 to 8 percent growth per year to 2030, given such trends as remote working, the growth of artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML), and rising demand for electric vehicles. Considering that global sales reached $600 billion in 2021, that would make semiconductors a trillion-dollar industry by the turn of the decade.
That’s a lot of opportunity, for those ready to seize it. To do so, semiconductor manufacturing and design companies need to ask: Where is the market headed? Where is demand coming from? By analyzing specific market segments, we estimate that about 70 percent of growth is predicted to be driven by just three industries: automotive, computation & data storage, and wireless.
Automotive is likely to grow fastest. Demand in this sector could triple by 2030, because the development of autonomous driving, e-mobility, and electrification all require ever more semiconductors. Already, many cars are essentially computers on wheels; that trend will only deepen. Automotive accounted for 8 percent of semiconductor demand in 2021; that could be 13 to 15 percent of demand by the end of the decade. On that basis, it would be responsible for as much as 20 percent of industry expansion.

Shift to remote work​

Over the course of the pandemic, there was a shift to remote work and the associated greater need for connectivity. Consumer demand also rose for personal computers, servers, and equipment for wired communications. All of these technologies depend on semiconductors; none of them are going away. We estimate demand growth of 4 to 6 percent in the computation and data-storage market, fueled by demand for servers to support applications such as AI and cloud computing. In the wireless segment, smartphones will likely account for the majority of expansion, amid a shift from lower-tier to mid-tier segments in emerging markets and backed by growth in 5G.
The task, then, for industry leaders is to expand capacity and to focus on their own operations, such as R&D, factories, and sourcing, to get and stay competitive. That is particularly important in the semiconductor industry, where the top 20 percent of companies captured most of the profits. We believe that strong growth is possible for all semiconductor companies, regardless of size. Although the largest companies generated the greatest economic profit, there were also small, niche players with high operating margins.
To become leaders in profitable segments, strategies include leveraging programmatic M&A and partnerships, building agility, and pursuing new technologies and innovations. Specifically, AI/ML can generate huge business value for semiconductor companies at every step of their operations, from research and chip design to production through sales. The effective use of AI/MI could cut manufacturing costs 17 percent, and R&D as much as 32 percent.

Generating value through AI/ML​

But in a 2021 survey, only about 30 percent of respondents said that they are already generating value through AI/ML. By scaling up sooner rather than later, companies can reap the full value of these technologies; at the moment, the industry is also earning about 10 percent of AI/ML’s full potential. Compound semiconductors are another area to explore; these use silicon carbide and gallium nitride, which are particularly well suited for applications requiring both high power and frequency.
Certainly, decision-makers still need to worry about short-term volatility due to supply–demand mismatches, and of course they are concerned about the global economic and geopolitical outlook. Even so, the outlook is bright, simply because more people want the things that need semiconductors to function: digitization is likely to continue in the post-COVID-19 world. Making the right strategic decisions now could well define leadership for the long term.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users
FF, I have had the same problem with not getting emails from BRN. I have written to Tony Dawes about it twice and it only recently seems to have been fixed.
Fingers crossed it has been I am sure Tony Dawe and others have become sick of hearing from me about the issue. I noticed a swing in attitude from it is probably the Technophobes fault when I emailed someone up the chain of command about not receiving a particular release and it turned out for some reason they too had not received the same release. I think this convinced them that the outside managers of these communications needed to be spoken too in a more aggressive tone and not be accepted when they said it was all good not at our end. This time though it does seem different.

Hopefully everyone is registered because Press Releases and emails will be the gold standard for information flow from the company.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Yak52

Regular
Well you could say that the corporations that are shorting BRN may well be exiting their positions, might get an exciting announcement at any time from now till our next 3rd quarterly announcement. We need the shorts report to see if they have increased or decreased, that should tell half of the story. I thing Yak52 usually has access to the short report.
Tony Coles - answer to your question!

Have been watching the Shorts & their positions daily as usual and noted the following.

Daily SHORTS dropped off as of last Thursday to acceptable lows of under 200,000 day. This continued for Friday and Monday.
But Tuesday (yesterday) they jumped a bit back to 540,000 which is still low but would prefer to see down under 150,000 daily.

The overall Shorting Positions have stayed high for the last 2 weeks after that nice nearly finished low period.
We currently sit at/near our highest amount of Shorts recorded. Lowest 3 weeks ago was around 17,000 uncovered NET shorts.

Below is a Graph from the ASX for Monday 2nd May showing -

1/. Reported GROSS Outstanding Shorts (Borrowed) Volume
2/. Reported NET Outstanding Shorts (Borrowed) Volume

Self explanatory what each means. Appears some covered Shorts have been sold again increasing slightly the Total NET Outstanding.

Some additional Info about the Trading game being played here.

UBS is by far the largest INSTO trading here and the biggest SHORTER & Controller of BRN stock.
UBS is the Major SPONSOR of Mercedes F1 Team.
Mercedes and BrainChip , well we all know where that stands!

BRN Shorts May 4.jpg

Wish I could paint a better picture, but.............

Yak52

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 46 users

Jimmy17

Regular

Have been watching the Shorts & their positions daily as usual and noted the following.

Daily SHORTS dropped off as of last Thursday to acceptable lows of under 200,000 day. This continued for Friday and Monday.
But Tuesday (yesterday) they jumped a bit back to 540,000 which is still low but would prefer to see down under 150,000 daily.

The overall Shorting Positions have stayed high for the last 2 weeks after that nice nearly finished low period.
We currently sit at/near our highest amount of Shorts recorded. Lowest 3 weeks ago was around 17,000 uncovered NET shorts.

Self explanatory what each means. Appears some covered Shorts have been sold again increasing slightly the Total NET Outstanding.

UBS is by far the largest INSTO trading here and the biggest SHORTER & Controller of BRN stock.

View attachment 5516

Yak52
Nice bit of info you provide there Yak. Certainly provides some insight into what we might be dealing with here (possible but unproven corporate greed and manipulation) however as long as s.h's can buy low and hold, then everybody will win when the handbrake is released.

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Tony Coles

Regular

View attachment 5516

Yak52
WOW! Thanks Yak52, appreciate ur efforts but a little shocked, so their still at it unfortunately. UBS mmm! Well nothing has changed for my self and fellow shareholders, only a day closer to our sleeping beauty to rise!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
WOW! Thanks Yak52, appreciate ur efforts but a little shocked, so their still at it unfortunately. UBS mmm! Well nothing has changed for my self and fellow shareholders, only a day closer to our sleeping beauty to rise!
Interesting that they have loaded to shorts up again. Considering where now a few month on with considerable development, there could easily be an announcement the destroys them

Reactions: 2 users

Bravo

This is some of what Michael Dell, Dell Technologies CEO and founder, had to say in his keynote address yesterday at Dell Technologies World 2022.

(EXTRACT)

Edge Is ‘The Next Fronter’ Where Data Is Key; 5G A ‘Huge Catalyst’

Michael Dell said edge computing is, “the next frontier where data becomes competitive advantage immediately at the point of creation.”

“Anything you want to do in today’s world, from blockchain to the Metaverse, and autonomous vehicles and robotics to smart everything, space exploration, AI, drug discovery, AR/VR—all of these things consume and create tremendous amounts of distributed data, and distributed computing power,” said Dell.

“Ten percent of the data in the world today is processed outside of data centers. But by 2025, 75 percent of enterprise data will be processed outside of a traditional centralized data center or cloud,” said Dell. “5G mobile networks to handle the volume of data at the edge, are a huge catalyst for that growth. And because workloads follow data, the distributed future will be much bigger than you can imagine.”

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 46 users
“ the distributed future will be much bigger than you can imagine.”

Michael DELL has clearly never bumped into @MC alias FU BaconLover & ManChild.

😂🤣😂 FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users
Top Bottom