BRN Discussion Ongoing

Xray1

Regular
Hi Bravo,

Wild arse educated guess. There is no way of knowing. It could be conservative. I tried to figure it out months ago but like you 🥴.

Just wanted to point out there will be multiple chips per car when thinking revenue. Royalties will be a multiple per vehicle.
By that stage ..........they will most likely be using any Akida 1000 chips but will most likely incorporate the Akida 2000 or possibly even Akida 3000 chips.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Xray1

Regular
Hi FF,

I was caught short on this development by Imec.

Imec are using in-memory computing:
EP3671748A1 IN-MEMORY COMPUTING FOR MACHINE LEARNING

[0009] Operations on multiple stored values in the array going beyond bitwise logic functions can be implemented, in particular reduction operations, including summation, can be obtained by in-memory processing. No dedicated external unit is then needed or this unit may require less performance. This is particularly interesting for binary neural network applications for which the matrix-vector multiplications conventionally carried out by MAC units can be achieved by multiple in-memory XNOR products, followed by a subsequent in-memory summation.

[0047] In-memory processing, in the context of the present invention, refers to a memory structure, such as an array or a plurality of sub-arrays comprising memory cells, which also comprises processing logic or processing functionality on stored data bits. In contrast to near memory computing or conventional memory structures which are not in-memory processing, the requested data is not only read and communicated to an external processing unit, but is already modified or processed as of the moment it is sent out of the memory structure. In exemplary embodiments processing of requested data bits, before communicating the results to peripheral further processing units, may include bitwise Boolean operations such as, but not limited to XOR and/or XNOR multiplication of pairs of requested data bits or addition of one or more requested data bits or intermediate functional results thereof. In-memory processing is highly desirable for fast and energy-efficient computing hardware as it is mitigating the von Neumann bottleneck. Having a processing unit waiting for unprocessed fetched data from memory before it can start processing it is often an inefficient use of the available resources and bandwidth. Therefore, a limiting the amount of raw data communicated to the processing unit and sending (pre-) processed data to the processing unit instead, is providing a more efficient use of the available resources and bandwidth. Whereas near memory computing tries to limit the length of data paths from the memory structure to a nearby processing logic, in-memory processing goes one step further by incorporating the processing logic directly into the memory structure.

View attachment 5300

In-memory computing for 1-bit weights and actuations (SNN) are carried out by simple logic gates and an adder.

The title of the patent refers to learning, but I haven't got to that bit yet, as I need to post this retraction of my earlier post asap.
Could this have any possible connection with Imec's involvement with 4DS possible improved memory performance developments and speed

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

MDhere

Regular
On 22 March, 2022 Brainchip published on its website this paid for update by Pitt Street Research under the heading Momentum Keeps Building:

In this report Pitt Street Research acknowledge the developments up to the date of its report but clearly had no official knowledge of the pending SiFive and Nviso partnerships or the MegaChips marketing campaign in the USA spearheading it with AKIDA Ai as the advantage they bring to the market.

At the time of the report Pitt Street Research point out that the then price was sitting at a 58% discount to their true value assessment of $1.50.

Leave aside whether Brainchip's true value has been increased by the above three events beyond $1.50 they most certainly have reinforced the $1.50 true value proposition being argued by Pitt Street Research.

In other words if they were right on 22 March, 2022 with their valuation and present price discount they are on even more solid ground now with these additional assets being added to the Brainchip arsenal.

We all know or at least those who get out of bed that overseas Institutions have been taking interest and accumulating shares in Brainchip and I personally think the reason is dead obvious. However you look at Brainchip it is undervalued and is a buy at these levels as we have seen occurring.

Global events should always be considered as potential risk factors but what are they actually and how do they relate to Brainchip in the short to medium term:

1. Gobal interest rates:

Brainchip does not have any borrowings and has plenty of cash on hand. Rising interest rates only do one thing to Brainchip. They increase the returns on the cash reserves which sit at over $AUD40 million.

Will Brainchip's customers who have debt be affected? Yes of course.

Will this deter them from pursuing AKIDA technology? I would argue no because if you understand the technology adoption saves you money in power and in the reduction in the number of semiconductors you need to carry out your activities and you do not have to throw out your current technology to take advantage.

Also remember the world is legislating compulsory power reduction in all industry which also places AKIDA technology in the right market place.

2. Global semiconductor supply chain issues:

Well just like all boats go up and down with the tide this is an industry wide issue and so is not a specific risk for Brainchip and as they have said because they offer IP as well as chips it is open to their customers to buy the IP and include it on their own chips. Socionext also appears to be a very good strategic partner when it comes to booking foundry time at TSMC.

3. Russia and Ukraine:

Again this is all boats go up and down with the tide and so the risks it creates are equal across the industry unless you are in an industry that thrives on military conflicts and supply defence forces.

The versatility of Brainchip's technology offering means that it is being taken up by the Defence industry and so while this is in its early stages sadly it is one which is being accelerated by the use of existing armaments to supply weapons to Ukraine.

I have not heard the outcome but the US President has asked congress to approve the giving to Ukraine an additional 40 plus billion dollars worth of weapons on top of the 2 billion dollars worth already sent. This means that these weapons worth more than $US40 billion need to be replaced as they were part of the inventory considered necessary to defend the USA. This is effectively a $US40 billion plus stimulus package for the defence industry.

When they run down their inventory the US Military do not purchase outdated inventory they buy the updated improved versions. This will actually create a faster track to the development and take up of AKIDA than would otherwise have been the case. Added to this demand is the realisation by NATO countries that Russia is not a benign neighbour and they are stepping up and also spending large sums to upgrade their military.

The US build up in the Pacific to counter China will also be a factor in increasing this demand supply chain advantage that Brainchip has stumbled into sad as it is in every other respect. Again countries like Japan, South Korea and Taiwan are also joining in the arms race not to mention Australia.

4. The Australian Election:

Before the vote in May we will be lead by politicians and sadly after the election we will be led by politicians. The press will run around running bad news stories but despite their efforts who ever we get will inherit the lucky country with under 4% unemployment and OECD predicted growth of 4.2% for the coming year.

As AKIDA drives energy efficiency it is on trend as far as all politics go so I personally cannot see any head winds for Brainchip as a result of the election either way.

5. Covid:

Not much to say really.

Brainchip is in an industry tailor made for remote working.

Its technology has a place in the global health sector so any global health emergency will be good news for Brainchip's bottom line in due course.

Good health never goes out of fashion in fact it is something that everyone from the poorest of society to the most advantaged craves constantly.

There are even medical conditions that turn this craving into a disorder where we humans feign illness just so we can seek medical assistance. In some extreme cases we even make those we love ill so that they can receive medical treatment.

I cannot think of any other industry where demand is so assured so ferocious.

The above are just my uninformed opinions so please treat them as such and as always DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
shut up. ...and.... take my money 😀😀😀😀

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Dhm

Regular
On 22 March, 2022 Brainchip published on its website this paid for update by Pitt Street Research under the heading Momentum Keeps Building:

In this report Pitt Street Research acknowledge the developments up to the date of its report but clearly had no official knowledge of the pending SiFive and Nviso partnerships or the MegaChips marketing campaign in the USA spearheading it with AKIDA Ai as the advantage they bring to the market.

At the time of the report Pitt Street Research point out that the then price was sitting at a 58% discount to their true value assessment of $1.50.

Leave aside whether Brainchip's true value has been increased by the above three events beyond $1.50 they most certainly have reinforced the $1.50 true value proposition being argued by Pitt Street Research.

In other words if they were right on 22 March, 2022 with their valuation and present price discount they are on even more solid ground now with these additional assets being added to the Brainchip arsenal.

We all know or at least those who get out of bed that overseas Institutions have been taking interest and accumulating shares in Brainchip and I personally think the reason is dead obvious. However you look at Brainchip it is undervalued and is a buy at these levels as we have seen occurring.

Global events should always be considered as potential risk factors but what are they actually and how do they relate to Brainchip in the short to medium term:

1. Gobal interest rates:

Brainchip does not have any borrowings and has plenty of cash on hand. Rising interest rates only do one thing to Brainchip. They increase the returns on the cash reserves which sit at over $AUD40 million.

Will Brainchip's customers who have debt be affected? Yes of course.

Will this deter them from pursuing AKIDA technology? I would argue no because if you understand the technology adoption saves you money in power and in the reduction in the number of semiconductors you need to carry out your activities and you do not have to throw out your current technology to take advantage.

Also remember the world is legislating compulsory power reduction in all industry which also places AKIDA technology in the right market place.

2. Global semiconductor supply chain issues:

Well just like all boats go up and down with the tide this is an industry wide issue and so is not a specific risk for Brainchip and as they have said because they offer IP as well as chips it is open to their customers to buy the IP and include it on their own chips. Socionext also appears to be a very good strategic partner when it comes to booking foundry time at TSMC.

3. Russia and Ukraine:

Again this is all boats go up and down with the tide and so the risks it creates are equal across the industry unless you are in an industry that thrives on military conflicts and supply defence forces.

The versatility of Brainchip's technology offering means that it is being taken up by the Defence industry and so while this is in its early stages sadly it is one which is being accelerated by the use of existing armaments to supply weapons to Ukraine.

I have not heard the outcome but the US President has asked congress to approve the giving to Ukraine an additional 40 plus billion dollars worth of weapons on top of the 2 billion dollars worth already sent. This means that these weapons worth more than $US40 billion need to be replaced as they were part of the inventory considered necessary to defend the USA. This is effectively a $US40 billion plus stimulus package for the defence industry.

When they run down their inventory the US Military do not purchase outdated inventory they buy the updated improved versions. This will actually create a faster track to the development and take up of AKIDA than would otherwise have been the case. Added to this demand is the realisation by NATO countries that Russia is not a benign neighbour and they are stepping up and also spending large sums to upgrade their military.

The US build up in the Pacific to counter China will also be a factor in increasing this demand supply chain advantage that Brainchip has stumbled into sad as it is in every other respect. Again countries like Japan, South Korea and Taiwan are also joining in the arms race not to mention Australia.

4. The Australian Election:

Before the vote in May we will be lead by politicians and sadly after the election we will be led by politicians. The press will run around running bad news stories but despite their efforts who ever we get will inherit the lucky country with under 4% unemployment and OECD predicted growth of 4.2% for the coming year.

As AKIDA drives energy efficiency it is on trend as far as all politics go so I personally cannot see any head winds for Brainchip as a result of the election either way.

5. Covid:

Not much to say really.

Brainchip is in an industry tailor made for remote working.

Its technology has a place in the global health sector so any global health emergency will be good news for Brainchip's bottom line in due course.

Good health never goes out of fashion in fact it is something that everyone from the poorest of society to the most advantaged craves constantly.

There are even medical conditions that turn this craving into a disorder where we humans feign illness just so we can seek medical assistance. In some extreme cases we even make those we love ill so that they can receive medical treatment.

I cannot think of any other industry where demand is so assured so ferocious.

The above are just my uninformed opinions so please treat them as such and as always DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Visionaries are calling the current period the fourth industrial revolution. Brainchip and Akida are front and centre of this revolution. The rise of AI, robotics, genetic engineering, 3D printing and the continued expansion of the internet (IoT) all have need for our revolutionary product expansion. It's just that right now, only we shareholders are certain of our part in this wide expansion of the future.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users
D

Deleted member 118

Visionaries are calling the current period the fourth industrial revolution. Brainchip and Akida are front and centre of this revolution. The rise of AI, robotics, genetic engineering, 3D printing and the continued expansion of the internet (IoT) all have need for our revolutionary product expansion. It's just that right now, only we shareholders are certain of our part in this wide expansion of the future.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Could this have any possible connection with Imec's involvement with 4DS possible improved memory performance developments and speed
Thanks Xray1,

I haven't been following 4DS, but I see they have a couple of interesting collaborators in IMEC and WD40, sorry Western Digital.

4DS claim the speed of DRAM and the non-volatility of FLASH.

4DS has patents for MemRistors/ReRAM and they talk about switching memory.

Without having studied their tech, I suppose they could use their switching memory in in-memory computing for some form of analog SNN, which would be of interest to IMEC.

However, IMEC do not use ReRAM in their digital SNN patent. They use conventional silicon FET XOR logic gates.

US11133464B2 Conductive amorphous oxide contact layers

1. An electronic device, comprising:
a conductor;
a conductive oxide material electrically connected to the conductor, wherein the conductive oxide material comprises first and second oxide materials, wherein the first oxide material comprises a noble metal and is conductive, and wherein the second oxide material comprises a transition metal and is insulative; and
a second material, electrically connected to the conductive oxide material

Conductive oxides!!!! - see, that's what comes of letting millennials into the lab!

I think I'll keep an eye on 4DS because there'll always be a need for storage.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Thanks Xray1,

I haven't been following 4DS, but I see they have a couple of interesting collaborators in IMEC and WD40, sorry Western Digital.

Without having studied their tech, I suppose they could use their switching memory in in-memory computing for some form of analog SNN, which would be of interest to IMEC.

However, IMEC do not use ReRAM in their digital SNN patent. They use conventional silicon FET XOR logic gates.

a conductor;
a conductive oxide material electrically connected to the conductor, wherein the conductive oxide material comprises first and second oxide materials, wherein the first oxide material comprises a noble metal and is conductive, and wherein the second oxide material comprises a transition metal and is insulative; and

Conductive oxides!!!! - see, that's what comes of letting millennials into the lab!

Just added 4DS to my Washed Socks tab.

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
  • Love
Thanks Xray1,

a conductor;

Yep that’s what my wife says in our next house she wants more storage. Apparently you cannot have too much??? FF

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

I have heard of having your head in the clouds but in the cake. What is that all about only 13 days early by the way, and if you remember BRN gave me an announcement as a present on that day last year.

Not that I expect a present this year BRN. Hint, hint. 😂😂😂

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
S

Straw

Yep that’s what my wife says in our next house she wants more storage. Apparently you cannot have too much??? FF
I got a Tardis. Very roomy, loads of cupboards. Went back to AZK days for a refill, then bought two.

Then I went back again but I was competing with myself for the extra shares....... dammit.
Terrible things happen to shareholders who meddle with time.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
D

Deleted member 118

I have heard of having your head in the clouds but in the cake. What is that all about only 13 days early by the way, and if you remember BRN gave me an announcement as a present on that day last year.

Not that I expect a present this year BRN. Hint, hint. 😂😂😂

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Oh well I started early only 12 days of gifs to go now

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
While I know Valeo joined the EAP I'm still not 100% sold yet until I see some sort of confirmatory info from BRN / Valeo around its actual commercial implementation or $ numbers run up which we expect 2nd half.

I get the current Valeo link to Merc but I'm trying to be realistic still. Just browsing a few diff corners to see what comes up.

What I did like is that while the licence was signed / Ann'd mid 2020 Valeo were well aware of BRN back in 2019 as referred to in a published paper. From memory uiux may have posted the paper as well quite a while ago.

Suspect their early studies on SNN led them to the BRN signing.

Screenshot_2022-05-01-17-14-14-70_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Screenshot_2022-05-01-17-04-23-20_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Some other Valeo AI links been sniffing around haha...may have been posted before though, not sure.

We know Valeo and other Lidar use / testing 3D point cloud and was good to see BRN show Akida capable as well late last year.

BrainChip Demonstration of AI at the Sensor with 3D Point Cloud Solutions Based on the Akida Neural Processor​

Recent article on the new MB S class and evolution from Distronic to Drive Pilot.

Snippet on Valeo below and article link for a read.

Inside Mercedes’ plan to deliver hands-free driving to the masses – TechCrunch​

April 27, 2022 by admin

The Valeo lidar system is more advanced than what is on the current generation of S-Class, in that it scans at a rate of 25 times per second at a range of 200 meters (approximately 650 feet). This is the second generation of the system, according to the Valeo spokesperson at the event. The system sends out lasers, which then create points in space to help the AI classify the type of object in and around the path of the vehicle, whether it’s human, animal, vehicle, tree, or building. From there, the AI uses data from the other sensors around the car to determine more than 400 different projected paths for itself and the potential paths for the vehicles, pedestrians, and motorcyclists around it, and chooses the safest route through.

The infographic below is from 2021 Tangram site which also contains quite a bit of diff sensor info. Not been all through it but couldn't see BRN anywhere as yet. As it was like a year ago the event / neuro was more around first gen event cameras but they do have more up to date blogs.

Screenshot_2022-05-01-17-50-51-52_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Screenshot_2022-05-01-19-58-18-05_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Also just started trying to get time to have a surf around the Tempo Project from EU where Valeo is also represented plus Bosch, Fraunhofer amongst others.

Project is slated to end later this year.

Screenshot_2022-05-01-20-02-55-04_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Screenshot_2022-05-01-20-03-22-97_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Screenshot_2022-05-01-20-04-02-34_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Fredsnugget

Regular
I am hoping 4Ds comes through. Have held them for about 6 months but still a long way to go. A deal with Mercedes would be a nice bonus as another stock I have Neometals(Nmt) have signed a deal with Mercedes to recycle their lithium batteries. 4Ds would make a nice little trifecta. Brain chip for the brains, 4ds for the memory and Nmt for the recycle reuse at end life. I can always dream

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

jtardif999

Regular
While I know Valeo signed a licence I'm still not 100% sold yet until I see some sort of confirmatory info from BRN / Valeo around its actual commercial implementation or $ numbers run up which we expect 2nd half.

I get the current Valeo link to Merc but I'm trying to be realistic still. Just browsing a few diff corners to see what comes up.

What I did like is that while the licence was signed / Ann'd mid 2020 Valeo were well aware of BRN back in 2019 as referred to in a published paper. From memory uiux may have posted the paper as well quite a while ago.

View attachment 5342

View attachment 5343

Some other Valeo AI links been sniffing around haha...may have been posted before though, not sure.

We know Valeo and other Lidar use / testing 3D point cloud and was good to see BRN show Akida capable as well late last year.

BrainChip Demonstration of AI at the Sensor with 3D Point Cloud Solutions Based on the Akida Neural Processor​

Recent article on the new MB S class and evolution from Distronic to Drive Pilot.

April 27, 2022 by admin

The Valeo lidar system is more advanced than what is on the current generation of S-Class, in that it scans at a rate of 25 times per second at a range of 200 meters (approximately 650 feet). This is the second generation of the system, according to the Valeo spokesperson at the event. The system sends out lasers, which then create points in space to help the AI classify the type of object in and around the path of the vehicle, whether it’s human, animal, vehicle, tree, or building. From there, the AI uses data from the other sensors around the car to determine more than 400 different projected paths for itself and the potential paths for the vehicles, pedestrians, and motorcyclists around it, and chooses the safest route through.

The infographic below is from 2021 Tangram site which also contains quite a bit of diff sensor info. Not been all through it but couldn't see BRN anywhere as yet. As it was like a year ago the event / neuro was more around first gen event cameras but they do have more up to date blogs.

View attachment 5344

View attachment 5345

Also just started trying to get time to have a surf around the Tempo Project from EU where Valeo is also represented plus Bosch, Fraunhofer amongst others.

View attachment 5346

View attachment 5347

View attachment 5348
Hi FMF, Valeo only signed a prototype development agreement with BRN in 2020 - as an EAP, there was no licence at that stage - there was no product then.

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Diogenese

Top 20
While I know Valeo signed a licence I'm still not 100% sold yet until I see some sort of confirmatory info from BRN / Valeo around its actual commercial implementation or $ numbers run up which we expect 2nd half.

View attachment 5342

View attachment 5343

April 27, 2022 by admin

View attachment 5344

View attachment 5345

View attachment 5346

View attachment 5347

View attachment 5348
I have a question about Lidar or radar for AVs.

It's great if only 1 AV is using it, but what about when there are two or more cars in the 200 m range, whether going in the same direction or going the other way?

How does each AV know which reflections are from its Lidar, let alone the directly impinging beams from oncoming traffic?

The receiver is going to need to distinguish one set of reflections from maybe 50 sets of reflections and direct beams.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 18 users
Hi FMF, Valeo only signed a prototype development agreement with BRN in 2020 - as an EAP, there was no licence at that stage - there was no product then.
Thanks for the correction J

Have edited post.

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
And I shall search my very soul for the lion/tiger inside of me.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
I have a question about Lidar or radar for AVs.

It's great if only 1 AV is using it, but what about when there are two or more cars in the 200 m range, whether going in the same direction or going the other way?

How does each AV know which reflections are from its Lidar, let alone the directly impinging beams from oncoming traffic?

The receiver is going to need to distinguish one set of reflections from maybe 50 sets of reflections and direct beams.
Morning Diogenese,

Interesting thought.

If most, if not all future cars , drones etc have this new fangled technology how dose one distinguish their own output / input results from another machine / machines.

That's a hell of alot of lazer / lidar / radar / sonar signals being fired around willy nilly.

Not being at all clued up in this area l would think each autonomous machine must have a unique signature somehow incorperated into its onboard navigation system.

On the same thought train , nature seems to of figured it out....

Dolphins & Whales, Bat's ( not shaw about Jellyfish) all use Echolocation to navigate / communicate.

Imagine several thousand bats flying in a tight formation, all sending out little echo's which allows them to navigate blind ( not intoxicated), at night, without accident.

Amazing.

I'm certain if nature has figured out how to overcome this problem then the boffins at Mercedes Benz would have a fair idea, nevermind those folks at NASA & DARPA.

Regards,
Esq.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users
Top Bottom