• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Looking forward to this next instalment, now the 4C is old news as expected

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
Yep, looking forward to this one!

Media Alert: BrainChip Welcomes Doug Fairbairn from Eco-System Partner MegaChips to its Latest ‘This is our Mission’ Podcast​

LAGUNA HILLS, CA / ACCESSWIRE / April 26, 2022 / BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX:BRN)(OTCQX:BRCHF)(ADR:BCHPY), the world's first commercial producer of neuromorphic AI IP and chips, today announced that Doug Fairbairn, Director of Business Development at MegaChips, is the featured guest on its latest "This is our Mission" podcast. Fairbairn joins BrainChip Vice President of Worldwide Sales, Rob Telson to discuss the impact of AI and its evolution in the ASIC design environment. The podcast will be available Tuesday, May 3, 2022, at 4:00 PDT on BrainChip's website and across popular podcast platforms.

Fairbairn is a Silicon Valley veteran. After graduating from Stanford with an MSEE, he spent 8 years at Xerox PARC. He then helped establish the ASIC business as cofounder of VLSI Technology and later of Redwood Design Automation, where he served as CEO until its acquisition by Cadence. Fairbairn is now leveraging his ASIC and startup experience by helping establish MegaChips as a leading ASIC vendor in the US with special expertise in Edge AI technology.

"For our 16th podcast, it is exciting to be able to speak to someone not only with Doug's acumen in the industry but as someone from a company that we recently partnered with to expand next-generation, edge-based AI solutions," said Telson. "Having the ability to discuss real-world implications of delivering Akida™ technology into external customers' system on chip designs is an excellent way to frame why this innovation is important and how it can benefit people directly. It was a pleasure to get his insight and is an important conversation for our investors and customers to be a part of."

The "This is Our Mission" podcast provides AI industry insight to listeners including users, developers, analysts, technical and financial press, and investors. Past episodes are available at https://brainchipinc.com/brainchip-podcasts.

About BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX:BRN, OTCQX:BRCHF, ADR:BCHPY)

BrainChip is a global technology company that is producing a groundbreaking neuromorphic processor that brings artificial intelligence to the edge in a way that is beyond the capabilities of other products. The chip is high performance, small, ultra-low power and enables a wide array of edge capabilities that include on-chip training, learning and inference. The event-based neural network processor is inspired by the spiking nature of the human brain and is implemented in an industry standard digital process. By mimicking brain processing BrainChip has pioneered a processing architecture, called Akida™, which is both scalable and flexible to address the requirements in edge devices. At the edge, sensor inputs are analyzed at the point of acquisition rather than through transmission via the cloud to a data center. Akida is designed to provide a complete ultra-low power and fast AI Edge Network for vision, audio, olfactory and smart transducer applications. The reduction in system latency provides faster response and a more power efficient system that can reduce the large carbon footprint of data centers.

Additional information is available at https://www.brainchipinc.com

Follow BrainChip on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/BrainChip_inc

Follow BrainChip on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/7792006

Media Contact:
Mark Smith
JPR Communications
818-398-1424

Investor Contact:
Mark Komonoski
Integrous Communications
Direct: 877-255-8483
Mobile: 403-470-8384
mkomonoski@integcom.us

SOURCE: BrainChip Holdings Ltd.

View source version on accesswire.com:
https://www.accesswire.com/694039/M...ips-to-its-Latest-This-is-our-Mission-Podcast

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 55 users

wilzy123

Founding Member

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 52 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
https://brainchipinc.com/brainchip-welcomes-eco-system-partner-doug-fairbairn-podcast-episode-16/

Megachips on the next podcast. Will be interesting hearing their perspective. Hopefully some pointers in where they are thinking of using Akida.

If you haven't already seen this, this will give you a sense of where/how they intend to use Akida

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users
While I to believe that Brainchip is the centre point of the Universe and the foundation of all the worlds financial markets and yesterdays 4C was the most significant event since Princess Diana died in a car crash I am not sure the 4C was solely responsible for the fall in Brainchip’s share price on the OTC:

1651014714308.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

Iseki

Regular
If I read and interpret it correctly, there are three things that I took away from this 4C.
  1. While the company's expenses went up, it ended the quarter with more cash on hand than in the prior quarter, $31.2M as stated in the report.
  2. While revenues are low, I do not believe that they have realized all revenue from the MegaChips agreement which, according to their clarification, would aggregate to about $2M by the end of 2022.
  3. They spent more on R&D than I thought they would; I recall someone from BrainChip commenting in a presentation that they were focusing mainly on sales this year (which has also been sizeably budgeted).
It's unclear as to how much of the reported earnings from 2021 in the Annual Report consisted of payments from MegaChips, but I imagine it will be trickling in for the remainder of this year.

I'm certainly not worried about their cash runway right now, they still can draw down from LDA capital if needed, but it doesn't seem that their increase in operational costs will be significantly outpacing their cash on hand.

For those who are long-term holders, I don't think there is anything to be overly concerned about. It seems from the R&D budget that they are taking the slowly-seeping competition (two main ones listed on BrainChip's slide in the neuromorphic arena) seriously and want to stay ahead in the game.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the technology changes over the next year, CES 2023 should be very interesting when it comes to how AI is starting to permeate everyday consumer products. As a side note, Virtual Reality became a consumer reality in 2016, and look how much the technology and popularity grew over the past six years.
Good points. I wonder what the ideal ratio is for dollars spent R&D:Marketing:Admin?

Reactions: 1 users
D

Deleted member 118

Just for fun I recon we going to open 6% down, dropping to 11% in the 1st hour followed by a recovery to 5.5% down at the end of the day. That’s unless we get an announcement, which is highly unlikely but possible

Reactions: 7 users

M_C

Founding Member

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220427-092520_LinkedIn.jpg
    Screenshot_20220427-092520_LinkedIn.jpg
    644.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

M_C

Founding Member
Anil showing some love for Socionext

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220427-093624_LinkedIn.jpg
    Screenshot_20220427-093624_LinkedIn.jpg
    974.5 KB · Views: 76
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Just for fun I recon we going to open 6% down, dropping to 11% in the 1st hour followed by a recovery to 5.5% down at the end of the day. That’s unless we get an announcement, which is highly unlikely but possible
I hope we don’t get an announcement. If the way MegaChips, SiFive, Nviso and Mercedes are promoting Brainchip as the new sliced bread does not send up the price a further positive announcement will completely collapse market confidence. Let us all pray for no news. 😞FF

• Haha
Reactions: 34 users

Interesting like from telson on an Nvidia Jetson article...... partners 🤔😜?
Not speculation just a thought to keep in mind when looking further into this. I mentioned a few days ago that MegaChips has listed as a prime target AKIDA for deep packet inspection.

MegaChips does not disclose its customers. Could Sequitur Labs be a customer of MegaChips?

No opinion DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Dhm

Regular
Fire up your type-writer @Dhm, you may have to send an email to another author. The author says "only a few experimental chips such as SpiNNaker 1 and SpiNNaker 2, a 10 million core processor platform optimized for the simulation of spiking neural networks, exist."

This good part is that author also suggests "the future killer application for neuromorphic may not be in exascale systems but more in low-power oriented edge compute". "Killer" in this context is very good (as in "awesome"), not very bad (as in "murder").

He-he-he!

Extract

5. Neuromorphic Processors
. It is possible to design artificial spiking neural networks or more generally, electronic components, in a manner that takes inspiration from the architecture of the human brain. Carver Mead first theorized about neuromorphic processors in the 80s. But still today, only a few experimental chips such as SpiNNaker 1 and SpiNNaker 2, a 10 million core processor platform optimized for the simulation of spiking neural networks, exist.

Neuromorphic computing seems very promising, but continues to require breakthroughs in model training, ML dev ops tools, and other technologies. We also need hardware that fits different use cases: wafer size chipset will not work for low-power oriented applications. Although neuromorphic research has mostly been targeted at exascale systems, it may make sense to concentrate as much energy on applications like ultra-low power keyword spotting, event detection for autonomous vehicle, or other data streaming processing use cases. Progress could come more quickly, and breakthrough concepts could be scaled up. The future killer application for neuromorphic may not be in exascale systems but more in low-power oriented edge compute.

Your wish is my command!

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 9.58.08 am.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 63 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I hope we don’t get an announcement. If the way MegaChips, SiFive, Nviso and Mercedes are promoting Brainchip as the new sliced bread does not send up the price a further positive announcement will completely collapse market confidence. Let us all pray for no news. 😞FF

Agreed FF. Let's all pray! I got my helmet nicely wamed up for good sesh.

images.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 19 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users
Agreed FF. Let's all pray! I got my helmet nicely wamed up for good sesh.

View attachment 5070
I think you need to post this add on HC and highlight the ‘I’m not going to hell option’ as there are many there that need to know about it.

Be sure though to say something like ‘I wonder if AKIDA could improve this at the Edge of the River Styx for those who repent at the very last’ otherwise it will be moderated for off topic.

They will still moderate it though as it is against Satan’s interest for the fallen to know about it.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users
Top Bottom