BRN Discussion Ongoing

Reactions: 6 users

cosors

👀
That just seems very wrong..
I think I'm one of few in my ~circle who has not yet used GPT for gimmicks/gadgets (?).
Over in the other group today I posted a report from Amnesty regarding supply chain law. The worst company in the world is BYD and the best is MB. I added that ultimately it also depends on us consumers what we use or buy.
My comment is exclusively about unnecessary gadgets, where many people don't think about the consequences and then others or even the same people are surprised about such headings as above.
_____
_____
I had an exchange with an environmentally-conscious friend because he had repeatedly bought from Temu and said it was rubbish every time. His comment: ...they all do...

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 8 users
I think I'm one of few in my ~circle who has not yet used GPT for gimmicks/gadgets (?).
Over in the other group today I posted a report from Amnesty regarding supply chain law. The worst company in the world is BYD and the best is MB. I added that ultimately it also depends on us consumers what we use or buy.
My comment is exclusively about unnecessary gadgets, where many people don't think about the consequences and then others or even the same people are surprised about such headings as above.
_____
_____
I had an exchange with an environmentally-conscious friend because he had repeatedly bought from Temu and said it was rubbish every time. His comment: ...they all do...
The whole economic model of the World is fffd in my humble opinion.

I've posted this before, but this is the direction "I" believe the World should head in.

"Degrowth is an academic and social movement critical of the concept of growth in gross domestic product as a measure of human and economic development"

"Degrowth's main argument is that an infinite expansion of the economy is fundamentally contradictory to the finiteness of material resources on Earth"

Things like making stuff built to last, abandoning the "throw away" society, not having obscelence "built into" products, not encouraging needless and senseless consumerism and the marketing that pushes it.

Of course this goes against everything economists believe constitutes a healthy economy.

When the inevitable Universal Basic Income is introduced, maybe the "need" for manufacturers to produce crap, won't be as necessary.

Edit
That's a stupid hope.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

TECH

Regular
That just seems very wrong..
They just can't accept that change is coming. Like many, change is seen as an negative step.
How dare you !!
It's proven throughout history, the track record is etched in the record books, humans don't warm to change too quickly...but once they do, well as they say, the rest's history !!
ALL Brainchip supporters know that the Von and his technology is sadly coming to an end to make way for a brighter, faster, more advanced future.....until the next wave comes....that being Quantum Photonic Technology...my guess is that "light" will be the next big thing to transform, guide, humanity forward...but for now, lets just focus on spiking neural technology at the "far edge"..our company have this sector covered, can we at least achieve 20% of the market..I bloody hope so..as I and many others move into our 11th season backing our company...I intend to ask certain Brainchip staff if the Mercedes Benz client arrangement is officially "still active" or not...
Cheers for now...Tech.
Brain Mind GIF by University of California

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

cosors

👀
Of course this goes against everything economists believe constitutes a healthy economy.
Not at all.
I once met our 'guru' or post-growth economist in person. (That was in an alternative centre and they were still heating with coal briquettes from mines outside the city against which they were demonstrating.)
There are so many contradictions.

But his theory sounds sensible and right to me at all. But only against the background that it was always emphasised that there have to be many isolated solutions. With that in mind, it seems more realistic.

____
The problem is that this theory dates back a few years. If the economy grows like the population everything seems to be neutral for me as naive in this matter. But the problem is that the increase in population in this scenario must reflect the growth of the economy, otherwise this theory is air and uncomfortable even for the protagonists of this theory if they look.
I am not an economist.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Frangipani

Regular
Hi @Frangipani,

"BOTH ARE EXCELLENT TECHNOLOGIES!"

Our Aussie battler, BrainChip being quite favourably compared to the technological giant that is Intel. (y)

View attachment 71063

Hi @Bravo,

hmm, looks like someone told you to better tone it down and edit your original post? As yesterday, it still read “I prefer to focus on the positive.” And it did so for more than 12 hours, before you edited it.

By saying “I prefer to focus on the positive”, you were of course insinuating I were focusing on the negative with my post about Sebastian Otte, the Uni Lübeck professor, who has first-hand experience with both Akida and Loihi and who - as we found out yesterday - will be collaborating with MB and others on the NAOMI4Radar project.

For the record: I didn’t focus on the negative.

My post referenced back to another post of mine (Oct 4), in which I had written the following about the updated table tennis robot paper’s co-authors, including Sebastian Otte:
Anyway, Akida undoubtedly impressed the researchers, and as a result they are considering further experiments: “(…) future work could involve evaluating the system with an additional Akida PCIe card.”

My post also focused on the positive when I wrote

“To those constantly dissing our competition: Believe it or not, there are actually neuromorphic researchers who appreciate both Akida and Loihi:”

Last time I checked, appreciate was a verb with a thoroughly positive connotation.

And then I went on to post a screenshot of a LinkedIn comment by Sebastian Otte he had made just half an hour earlier, in which he praised both AKD1000 and TENNs with the words: “Both are excellent technologies for specific use cases.”

So stop trying to portray me in a bad light with your innuendo!

All you did was to copy the quote by Sebastian Otte I had spotted earlier and cropped it so there was no more mention of Loihi. You really call this focusing on the positive?

Oh, so that’s why you decided to underline only “BrainChip AKD1500” in the following photo, ignoring the fact that it also said “or SpinnCloud SpiNNaker 2”?
Interesting. I prefer to call this cherry-picking or denial of reality instead.

E479AB0B-F602-44B4-9E74-5BA7C43FFECC.jpeg

6285718E-C1C7-4D8C-8D3D-C9F588268F59.jpeg

How about you now positively focus on FINALLY getting the Mercedes CEO’s surname right: it’s Schäfer (alternatively Schaefer, if you don‘t have an umlaut at your fingertips), not Shafer. At least that doesn’t come across as cringeworthy and bordering on racist like when you referred to Sailesh Chittipeddi from Renesas as Sailesh Chickpea…

652AAC4B-F5B4-4F98-A91D-318D2839F247.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

Diogenese

Top 20
View attachment 71166

The Software Defined Vehicle – the SDV – is a real turning point in automotive history.

Until now, the car as we know it has remained the same throughout its entire life. A 15-year lifespan, with no changes, no upgrades. Thanks to the SDV, the car will be updated, upgraded and customized, throughout its entire lifecycle. You’ll be able to add or remove functions according to your needs. Just like your smartphone.

I had the opportunity today to share Valeo's vision of the SDV, its stakes, challenges and opportunities, during a keynote at Paris Automotive Summit, organized by the PFA - Plateforme automobile, on the occasion of Mondial de l’Auto - Paris de l’Auto .

SDV creates a completely new business for OEMs, as they will be able to perceive recurring revenues well beyond the sale of the vehicle, through subscription models similar to Netflix or Spotify. After video-on-demand, we will now have in vehicles features-on-demand.

You may wonder : what additional features? What if I don’t need additional features ? Well, people were asking the same questions at the beginning of smartphones. It will be up to our industry to invent new, desirable functionalities that bring real added value to users.

The widespread adoption of new functions will depend on the number of cars in the fleet that are sufficiently equipped to receive them. The car will have to be designed and equipped from the outset to ensure that it can evolve, be upgraded and updated for 10 to 20 years. Being too conservative at design with hardware equipment and investment would be to the detriment of its ability to be upgraded over time.

The shift to SDV must be collective, implying a whole ecosystem, including players well beyond automotive.
It requires closer collaboration between players with complementary skills, from operating systems, to middleware, to applications, to cloud and cybersecurity to name a few.
It also requires moving from a very top-down OEM and supplier hierarchy to a much more networked and partnership-based working model. The key words are co-development and open-innovation.

Valeo will be a major player in this revolution. Our ambition is to be the benchmark partner for our automaker customers, building the SDV with them, alongside them, in dynamic ecosystems. OEMs trust us and we’re proud to already work with many of them on very large and complex SDV projects, across the world.

We are fortunate to be living an historic opportunity to redefine mobility, offering end-users an increasingly rich and personalized experience over time.

Now, it’s up to us, all players involved in the SDV ecosystem, to collectively rise to the challenge of this transformation.

Edge processing ⬇️

View attachment 71168
Hi TTM,

I was just gathering some notes on Valeo's SDV:

https://www.wardsauto.com/software-...vanced-tech-as-it-gears-up-for-the-sdv-future

Valeo Shows Off Advanced Tech, Gears Up for the SDV Future

Automakers remain “all over the map” when it comes to what they expect from suppliers in the software-defined-vehicle transition, Valeo executives say, making modularity, scalability and flexibility the key drivers of the Tier 1’s product portfolio.

David Zoia, Senior Contributing Editor

October 7, 2024

We’ve also seen some customers who say they want to do 100% of their software come back and say, `You know, developing software is expensive, why don’t we buy that piece of software from you?’” he adds. “We’re going to be agile in whatever direction they want to go. And we see a full (range) of customer behavior. It’s all over the map.”*

To accommodate that, Valeo has been edging further into software and the more advanced hardware needed to run it. At the IAA automotive exhibition in Munich last year, the supplier rolled out Valeo anSWer, its open, scalable, modular platform that includes middleware code to bridge the gap between a vehicle’s operating system and the applications that run its individual functions. That release complements Valeo’s scalable domain controllers shown here that can be upgraded simply by plugging in additional modules, enabling automakers to more easily expand computing power and offer new features over the life of the vehicle.

“We have to make sure that you have the hardware that can `scalably’ bring the data to the compute center,” says Derek de Bono, vice president-Software Defined Vehicle, for Valeo. “You then have to have compute centers that have over-the-air (update) technology (and) have scalability in terms of cooling, memory, etc. over the post-vehicle-sale life. And of course, once you have that…it would make nothing but sense to produce software. Of course we want to do that.”

The move more aggressively into software solutions offers considerable opportunity for Valeo, Shay says. Even though annual new-vehicle sales in North America could show little growth over the next five years, the shift into software and toward SDVs that can be updated over their lifetime means both the size of the market and the opportunities within it are expanding considerably for a supplier such as Valeo, he points out.

But with automakers continuing to feel their way through the transition and no two following the same path, flexibility remains the mantra at Valeo.

We have four SDV global programs, two of which are public – Renault and BMW, and none of them are the same in terms of what level we’re delivering in terms of software, what level in terms of service, integration, validation,” says de Bono. “We are there to be a partner and help the OEM to deliver the best product on time and on budget. What that means with each one is different. And what that means with each one is it will probably change over the course of the project. Because they’re learning as well as we’re learning.”

Valeo North America operates three divisions, Power, which covers electrification and conventional internal-combustion powertrain technology; Light, which incorporates exterior and interior lighting, plus other cabin features such as sensing and displays; and Brain, which includes high-compute domain controllers and software.

Panovision display. Considered a technology of the future, images are projected along the entire width of the cockpit along the bottom edge of the windshield. The area is coated in black for higher reflection from the three TFTs projecting the images. Valeo doesn’t provide production timing but says pillar-to-pillar displays are definitely an emerging industry trend.

[ US10688915B1 Virtual driver display for autonomous vehicle 2019045

Systems and methods for operating a vehicle are provided. In one example, an apparatus comprises a portion of a window of the vehicle having a configurable light transmittance, an image output device, and a controller configured to operate in a first mode when the vehicle is partially or fully controlled by a driver inside the vehicle and to operate in a second mode when the vehicle is not controlled by a driver inside the vehicle. In the first mode, the controller can adjust a light transmittance of the portion of the window to a first value to enable the driver inside the vehicle to see through the window. In the second mode, the controller can adjust the light transmittance of the portion of the window to a second value lower than the first value, and control the image output device to display an image on the portion of the window. ]

Cabin monitoring. Valeo offers a single sensor that can provide both infrared and RGB camera images to gather driver- and occupant-monitoring data. The supplier says a single sensor packaged within the rearview mirror housing can provide a wide enough field of view to detect the driver and passengers in both the front and rear seats

We have been working on a JD with Valeo for 4 years, and TENNS has been around for a couple of years, so it fits nicely into the Valeo SDV timeline.

They stress the need for flexibility and the need to allow for future developments. This is axiomatic for software, but more difficult for hardware.

One thing Valeo are doing on the H/W front is expandable modularity, making allowance for new plug-in modules. Given that there is no Akida 2 H/W yet, it could be one of the future plug-ins. In the meantime, they'll just have to make do with TENNS software.

* Interesting reference to motor vehicle manufacturers who wanted to build their own software having second thoughts - anyone we know?

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
Hi @Bravo,

hmm, looks like someone told you to better tone it down and edit your original post? As yesterday, it still read “I prefer to focus on the positive.” And it did so for more than 12 hours, before you edited it.

By saying “I prefer to focus on the positive”, you were of course insinuating I were focusing on the negative with my post about Sebastian Otte, the Uni Lübeck professor, who has first-hand experience with both Akida and Loihi and who - as we found out yesterday - will be collaborating with MB and others on the NAOMI4Radar project.

For the record: I didn’t focus on the negative.

My post referenced back to another post of mine (Oct 4), in which I had written the following about the updated table tennis robot paper’s co-authors, including Sebastian Otte:

My post also focused on the positive when I wrote

“To those constantly dissing our competition: Believe it or not, there are actually neuromorphic researchers who appreciate both Akida and Loihi:”

Last time I checked, appreciate was a verb with a thoroughly positive connotation.

And then I went on to post a screenshot of a LinkedIn comment by Sebastian Otte he had made just half an hour earlier, in which he praised both AKD1000 and TENNs with the words: “Both are excellent technologies for specific use cases.”

So stop trying to portray me in a bad light with your innuendo!

All you did was to copy the quote by Sebastian Otte I had spotted earlier and cropped it so there was no more mention of Loihi. You really call this focusing on the positive?

Oh, so that’s why you decided to underline only “BrainChip AKD1500” in the following photo, ignoring the fact that it also said “or SpinnCloud SpiNNaker 2”?
Interesting. I prefer to call this cherry-picking or denial of reality instead.

View attachment 71182

View attachment 71184

How about you now positively focus on FINALLY getting the Mercedes CEO’s surname right: it’s Schäfer (alternatively Schaefer, if you don‘t have an umlaut at your fingertips), not Shafer. At least that doesn’t come across as cringeworthy and bordering on racist like when you referred to Sailesh Chittipeddi from Renesas as Sailesh Chickpea…

View attachment 71179
C'mon Frangipani, are you seriously having a go at Bravo, for a post that was edited?

"I will defend against things in the post, as it previously appeared"

Have a go at her, for underlining the information in a photo, relevant to us?
It's not like she redacted the other information?..

And saying she is bordering on being racist, for making a bit of fun, out of someone's surname, who is likely not going to be reading this forum anyway?
He would have very thin skin, if he were to be offended.

How is misspelling someone's surname, whether accidentally, or purposefully, in any way, related to race?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Perhaps

Regular
Interesting… the whole time there are so many amazing news and progress with our company… no reaction from your side. And suddenly, you find this is one of the best postings for months ? 😂😂😂😂 congrats
Wow, the person with the worst understanding of the company in need for a response, nice.

• Fire
Reactions: 2 users

Frangipani

Regular
C'mon Frangipani, are you seriously having a go at Bravo, for a post that was edited?

"I will defend against things in the post, as it previously appeared"

I had already written most of my reply last night (my time), which was before she edited her post, and only realised earlier today her first sentence had disappeared, when I was about to post my reply. The fact that she posted it in the first place and left it there for everyone to read for more than 12 hours means she clearly meant to provoke me. I bet that it wasn’t her own idea to edit her post. So why should I pretend she never said it? What a weird argument.

Have a go at her, for underlining the information in a photo, relevant to us?
It's not like she redacted the other information?..

We have known about our collaboration with EDGX for over a year now.
However, the totally new info in this photo was that EDGX has also been exploring SpiNNaker 2. Isn’t that relevant to us, too?!
It’s cherry-picking to just present favourable info and ignore the unfavourable, especially this being next to each other in a single sentence. Just as it would be vice versa.

And saying she is bordering on being racist, for making a bit of fun, out of someone's surname, who is likely not going to be reading this forum anyway?
He would have very thin skin, if he were to be offended.

How is misspelling someone's surname, whether accidentally, or purposefully, in any way, related to race?

Don’t you think there could be people on this forum who feel hurt when others make fun of an Indian name by replacing it with vegetables playing a significant role in Indian cuisine? Ever heard of the staple dish chana masala resp. chole masala? Maybe you can come up with a better word than racist?

And as for Markus Schäfer’s name - is it really so hard to copy it correctly? Either with cut-and-paste, using the umlaut ä or spelling it as Schaefer? Bravo has consistently been spelling his name wrongly for ages, whether deliberately or not I have no idea.

So all you did was criticise me, but Bravo gets away with her innuendo as usual?

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users
I had already written most of my reply last night (my time), which was before she edited her post, and only realised earlier today her first sentence had disappeared, when I was about to post my reply. The fact that she posted it in the first place and left it there for everyone to read for more than 12 hours means she clearly meant to provoke me. I bet that it wasn’t her own idea to edit her post. So why should I pretend she never said it? What a weird argument.

We have known about our collaboration with EDGX for over a year now.
However, the totally new info in this photo was that EDGX has also been exploring SpiNNaker 2. Isn’t that relevant to us, too?!
It’s cherry-picking to just present favourable info and ignore the unfavourable, especially this being next to each other in a single sentence. Just as it would be vice versa.

Don’t you think there could be people on this forum who feel hurt when others make fun of an Indian name by replacing it with vegetables playing a significant role in Indian cuisine? Ever heard of the staple dish chana masala resp. chole masala? Maybe you can come up with a better word than racist?

And as for Markus Schäfer’s name - is it really so hard to copy it correctly? Either with cut-and-paste, using the umlaut ä or spelling it as Schaefer? Bravo has consistently been spelling his name wrongly for ages, whether deliberately or not I have no idea.

So all you did was criticise me, but Bravo gets away with her innuendo as usual?
I think you take things "too" personally sometimes Frangipani.

And then you vehemently defend against it and mount a "case" against the other person.

Even seemingly using the word "criticise" as if I am attacking you or something..

You are both Great contributors, Bravo and you, have very different personalities and most probably would not get along or be friends in real Life, but infighting on here, does not benefit the forum at all (between "genuine" contributors).

Why can't everyone, just get along and accept people's differences.

As far chickpeas go, if she associates them with India, then maybe that can be seen as a bit of a racial slur, but they do not originate from there apparently..

"Chickpeas were domesticated about 9,000 B.C.E., so they can be considered an ancient crop. Originally, they came from the Mediterranean basin (people think it originated in the Turkish region neighbouring Syria)"

Personally, when I think of chickpeas, I think of alternative type folk, like Neil from the "Young Ones"..

Although he was more well known for lentils.

And while they are consumed in India, they are also popular, in many places.

"Lentil dishes are most widespread throughout South Asia, the Mediterranean regions, West Asia, and Latin America. In the Indian subcontinent, Fiji, Mauritius, Singapore and the Caribbean, lentil curry is part of the everyday diet, eaten with both rice and roti"

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

MDhere

Regular
For the record I believe there is absolutely nothing wrong with editing something. And spelling mistakes are made, I doubt ever on purpose by anyone. Anyway we all are here for the same reason and I know its not to check and comment at what time someone edited something. Of course my opinion but im sure we are all in agreement with that. If I made any spelling errors, I didn't mean to. No stone throwing please!! 🤣

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 19 users

GazDix

Regular
Screenshot_20241016_033733_com.twitter.android.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

cosors

👀
For the record I believe there is absolutely nothing wrong with editing something. And spelling mistakes are made, I doubt ever on purpose by anyone. Anyway we all are here for the same reason and I know its not to check and comment at what time someone edited something. Of course my opinion but im sure we are all in agreement with that. If I made any spelling errors, I didn't mean to. No stone throwing please!! 🤣
It is absolutely impossible for me, with my language skills, to keep track of how many of my posts I have edited or even deleted in any recent past. Stones couldn't hit me so why am I doing this at all. Simply to learn.
There are an incredible number of posts, still in both my groups. Somehow I have been trying to learn to filter. My subconscious now filters out typos. I made a comment here once and that was to a fellow countryman about his use of one term I had stumbled over again and again. And it wasn't meant to be corrective, but rather kind. I make so many mistakes myself. If I'm unsure I simply mark it with (?) for uncertainty in terminology and then often edit such things later.
Anyway, there are more important things.
And balance is also important to reflect reality.
I made experience of some cancelling out everything negative and that doesn't help anyone to learn about reality.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Tribbles are here!!

This project was announced in November 2019 and 4 years ago, in a "kickstarter" venture..

They have learning abilities, according to the promotional video..

Being a Japanese product, a MegaChips connection, is a possibility?..

This is from 6 months ago, but there was one from 5 days ago (in Japanese) which I cannot now find..

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

Frangipani

Regular

You are either totally missing the point or deliberately employing a strawman argument. I never said there is something wrong with editing in general. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, I agree - to correct spelling errors, to change the layout, refresh a video link that didn’t work the first time round, add new relevant info or an afterthought, you name it. It happens all the time, and that’s totally fine.

But if I insinuated something about you and deleted it hours later, does that mean it never happened and you are not all allowed to react to it? 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 1 users
Looks like all the normal pumpers and dumpers over the other side have changed the sediment to dump after most of them was pumping it for a while 😂

Reactions: 7 users

MDhere

Regular
You are either totally missing the point or deliberately employing a strawman argument. I never said there is something wrong with editing in general. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, I agree - to correct spelling errors, to change the layout, refresh a video link that didn’t work the first time round, add new relevant info or an afterthought, you name it. It happens all the time, and that’s totally fine.

But if I insinuated something about you and deleted it hours later, does that mean it never happened and you are not all allowed to react to it? 🤦🏼‍♀️
Frangipani to answer your question- i honestly would not worry about it and there is no point in worrying about if someone or some people edit, there is little point in wasting energy on it that's what im referring to. U post good stuff and others do to, we all see things at times in a different shade but in the end its all black and white and that is BRN is the neuromorphic available product. ❤ There is no need to reply as I was only answering your question ❤

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Woke up to 2 more pages of tsex research! Team must've been busy! ........ah nah just Frangi having ANOTHER self righteous meltdown 🙄.

Put your ego back in the bottle. Frangipani, you are the first non Downramper I've ever put on ignore

Byeee

EDIT: 🥳
1000019077.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Frangipani

Regular
As far chickpeas go, if she associates them with India, then maybe that can be seen as a bit of a racial slur, but they do not originate from there apparently..

"Chickpeas were domesticated about 9,000 B.C.E., so they can be considered an ancient crop. Originally, they came from the Mediterranean basin (people think it originated in the Turkish region neighbouring Syria)"

Personally, when I think of chickpeas, I think of alternative type folk, like Neil from the "Young Ones"..

Although he was more well known for lentils.

And while they are consumed in India, they are also popular, in many places.

"Lentil dishes are most widespread throughout South Asia, the Mediterranean regions, West Asia, and Latin America. In the Indian subcontinent, Fiji, Mauritius, Singapore and the Caribbean, lentil curry is part of the everyday diet, eaten with both rice and roti"

Does it really matter where chickpeas originated?
Potatoes were first cultivated in South America and were introduced to Europe by the Spanish, yet they are very much associated with Germany today.

Personally, I associate chickpeas with both hummus and chana masala.
In the context of an Indian gentleman with a surname that could have been googled in less time than typing out “(I've forgotten how to spell his surname, sorry)”, I find it disrespectful to say the least.

BC424E67-18BA-42C7-9ADF-DF3385749CBE.jpeg

Top Bottom