BRN Discussion Ongoing

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Coming to a stock position you hold soon.......
This Friday, 20th September....... Ooo, ooo, ooo, Agh, agh, agh....🤣

"The financial markets have quadruple witching dates on the third Friday of March, June, September, and December. On these days, four types of financial contracts expire simultaneously: stock index futures, stock index options, stock options, and single stock futures".

"Quadruple witching doesn't inherently favor bullish or bearish sentiment. It amplifies market volatility and trading volume, which can lead to both bullish and bearish price movements depending on prevailing market conditions, investor sentiment, and economic factors".

According to a website called Samurai......

"Mechanism and Market Impact

The simultaneous expiration of these derivatives affects trading volume and market activity significantly. During quadruple witching, traders rush to close out or roll over expiring positions, leading to a spike in trading volumes. This surge is often most noticeable in the final hour of trading, generally named the “witching hour.”

Key Effects:

• Increased Trading Volume: Imagine you are looking at quad witching dates in 2024. As different types of contracts expire at the same time, market participants execute a large number of trades to adjust their portfolios. This increased turnover is seen across the futures and options markets.
  • Portfolio Adjustments: Portfolio managers often take this opportunity to rebalance their holdings. They might buy or sell underlying assets to reflect changes in the indices they track, contributing to the flurry of activity.
  • Contract Rolling: Traders rollover expiring contracts to the next expiration date, increasing market liquidity but also adding to temporary price distortions.

The Witching Hour

The witching hour, the last hour of trading on quadruple witching days, is particularly notorious for its volatility. During this time for quadruple witching dates in 2024, market makers and traders hastily close out positions, adjust hedges, and manage risks associated with expiring contracts. This can cause sharp, unpredictable price movements, offering both opportunities and risks for traders."

I don't know how relevant this all is, particularly to we here in the shire, but, I have noticed perturbations in the "force", particularly leading up to these events in the past. So, perhaps set your shields to full and your phasers on stun, just in case! 🤣
The most notable effects seem to occur in the very last hour of trade (and often extending beyond it) with often very large volumes going through.
I think of it as an extra influence to be aware of at this time and I often find it muddying the already murky ether in my ectoplasmic display. 🤣

Good luck all and hopefully it'll just be a bit of this......

raiders-of-the-lost-ark-harrison-ford.gif

rather than.........some of this.........

indiana-jones-face-melting.gif

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 19 users

Diogenese

Top 20

1000018375-jpg.69358
View attachment 69359

20240912 - US DoE issued a RFI for AI for science, security and technology.

https://www.energy.gov/cet/articles...iers-ai-science-security-and-technology-fasst

The U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Critical & Emerging Technologies (CET) released a Request for Information (RFI) to seek public input on DOE’s Frontiers in AI for Science, Security, and Technology (FASST) initiative. The FASST initiative intends to build the world’s most powerful integrated scientific AI models for scientific discovery, applied energy deployment, and national security applications. The RFI seeks public input to inform how DOE can leverage its existing assets at its 17 national labs and partner with external organizations to support the FASST initiative.

While we are talking about DoE, we are part of a Quantum Ventura cyber security SBIR for DoE.

https://www.quantumventura.com/#what-we-do

AI/ML/ Hyperspectral Imaging/ Neuromorphic/ Cybersecurity related topics:

DARPA:
"AI Verification with provable guarantees" using advanced AI verification tools. Partner: NC State University

Navy Air Warfare: "Certification of AI Systems - CORSI" using Advanced AI to certify AI/ML applications. (Phase 1 and Phase 2 SBIRs) Partner: Lockheed Martin.

Missile Defense Agency: "Hypersonic Threat Detection" using bio-inspired processing, neuromorphic computing and Advanced AI. (Phase 1 STTR) Partners: University of Florida and Lockheed Martin.

Navy Air Warfare: "Detection of UAVs and rogue drones using hyperspectral Imaging" (SBIR Phase 1). Partners: Bodkin Imaging and Lockheed

Navy Air Warfare: "Vulnerability detection of source code using advanced AI/ML" - SBIR Phase 1

Homeland Security: "Opioid/contraband detection using hyperspectral imaging" - SBIR Phase 1

Department of Energy: "Cyber threat-detection using neuromorphic computing" - SBIR Phase

QV have software AI expertise, but I don't see any hardware skills. With cyber security, the speed of detection is of the essence. With a cyber security system, not that I know anything about cyber security, but I would think you would need an input buffer memory to quarantine the imput until it had been vetted. Then you would need CLP (computer language processing) to detect malicious code, and this would involve temporal analysis of the incoming information. You first need to determine if the information contains code, and then you need to determine whether it is benign of noxious.

So it seems that QV have determined that Akida 2/TeNNs can perform this task better than any software they have available.

Part of that assessment would have involved adapting or developing models of malicious code characteristics suitable for analysis by Akida.

In fact, Akida/TeNNs would be useful with most of those other SBIRs as well.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 43 users

itsol4605

Regular

https://www.energy.gov/cet/articles...iers-ai-science-security-and-technology-fasst

The U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Critical & Emerging Technologies (CET) released a Request for Information (RFI) to seek public input on DOE’s Frontiers in AI for Science, Security, and Technology (FASST) initiative. The FASST initiative intends to build the world’s most powerful integrated scientific AI models for scientific discovery, applied energy deployment, and national security applications. The RFI seeks public input to inform how DOE can leverage its existing assets at its 17 national labs and partner with external organizations to support the FASST initiative.

While we are talking about DoE, we are part of a Quantum Ventura cyber security SBIR for DoE.

DARPA:
"AI Verification with provable guarantees" using advanced AI verification tools. Partner: NC State University

Navy Air Warfare: "Certification of AI Systems - CORSI" using Advanced AI to certify AI/ML applications. (Phase 1 and Phase 2 SBIRs) Partner: Lockheed Martin.

Missile Defense Agency: "Hypersonic Threat Detection" using bio-inspired processing, neuromorphic computing and Advanced AI. (Phase 1 STTR) Partners: University of Florida and Lockheed Martin.

Navy Air Warfare: "Detection of UAVs and rogue drones using hyperspectral Imaging" (SBIR Phase 1). Partners: Bodkin Imaging and Lockheed

Navy Air Warfare: "Vulnerability detection of source code using advanced AI/ML" - SBIR Phase 1

Homeland Security: "Opioid/contraband detection using hyperspectral imaging" - SBIR Phase 1

Department of Energy: "Cyber threat-detection using neuromorphic computing" - SBIR Phase

QV have software AI expertise, but I don't see any hardware skills. With cyber security, the speed of detection is of the essence. With a cyber security system, not that I know anything about cyber security, but I would think you would need an input buffer memory to quarantine the imput until it had been vetted. Then you would need CLP (computer language processing) to detect malicious code, and this would involve temporal analysis of the incoming information. You first need to determine if the information contains code, and then you need to determine whether it is benign of noxious.

So it seems that QV have determined that Akida 2/TeNNs can perform this task better than any software they have available.

Part of that assessment would have involved adapting or developing models of malicious code characteristics suitable for analysis by Akida.

In fact, Akida would be useful with most of those other SBIRs as well.
Yes, it would be very usefull.

But... did they really have used Akida2/TENNs?
❓❓
Could find any hint for that.

But, yes! It would great if they plan to use Akida2/TENNs.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Guzzi62

Regular
  • Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

itsol4605

Regular
Reactions: 3 users

Diogenese

Top 20

DARPA:

In fact, Akida/TeNNs would be useful with most of those other SBIRs as well.
The QV SBIR stage 1 for Cyber threat-detection using neuromorphic computing was due to conclude in April 2024.

QV has presumably submitted their Loihi/Akida comparison, and probably had a footnote about TeNNs?

So why has DoE now relased a RFI for AI for science, security and technology?

Again, TeNNs software is the fastest route to deployment, and with cybersecurity, immediately is too late. Certainly can't wait for Intel to build their 18A factory.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Diogenese

Top 20
The QV SBIR stage 1 was due to conclude in April 2024. So why has DoE now relased a RFI for AI for science, security and technology?

QV has presumably submitted their Loihi/Akida comparison, and probably had a footnote about TeNNs?

Again, TeNNs software is the fastest route to deployment, and with cybersecurity immediately is too late. Certainly can't wait for Intel to build their 18A factory.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/foundry/process.html

Intel 18A: Biggest Innovation Since FinFET​

Introduces RibbonFET and PowerVia:

• Our biggest innovation since Intel introduced FinFETs to HVM in 2011.
  • RibbonFET, Intel Foundry’s implementation of a Gate-all-around (GAA) transistor, improves density and performance versus FinFET.
  • Optimized ribbon stack delivers superior performance per watt and minimum supply voltage (Vmin).
  • PowerVia is Intel’s unique industry-first implementation of backside power delivery architecture that improves standard cell utilization by 5-10% and ISO-power performance by up to 4%.1
  • Well-suited for High Performance Computing (HPC) and mobile applications.

Looking at dot point 4, I can understand why Anil is retiring.

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Afternoon Chippers ,

Cheers all, for all the sleuthing, must be getting close to something substantial landing in our account....

Afternoon vitamin - quinne intake below, pimped with a twizzle stick.

Regards,
Esq.

Attachments

• 20240917_162015.jpg
    20240917_162015.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users
Getting shares at these prices is our luck now.
If we are not careful, it will turn into a penny dreadful

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users
Afternoon Chippers ,

Cheers all, for all the sleuthing, must be getting close to something substantial landing in our account....

Regards,
Esq.
The old angistora bitters . Two drops is plenty

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Yes he did.
He lied to us.
It had to pay for the renovations to its kitchen. As a so self professed retired solicitor the person had to get the funds from somewhere . Maybe selling some of her shares was the way to go . I say this without prejudice. It’s just that she or it posted positively for such a long period and then spat the dummy , abused people like no one else has on this site and then disappeared and then returned , stuck around and did another pump ( in my own opinion) do your own research) pay no attention to what I say ) and then seemed to change character and then went on the abuse again and disappeared after stating BRN was at the tipping point of its Whatever) and scuttled off to the dark side which I left when he recommend we move over to this forum . This is a good forum . I purchased shares at various stages from $1.87 til recently. I am not pleased with the slide in share price . Something is not right if after ten years nothing of substance can be presented to shareholders . The company has moved from promising us the world to offering the probability of something happening at sometime in the future but cannot offer a time line for us to hold on to . This company offered excitement and a huge potential future . Now I need depressants before logging on each time I wish it see what is happening. Just my opinion , but it is made after 3 years of being invested in this monster , draining me of my investment that has led me to my post today .?please be careful . There have been the whole investment world made aware of this company over a more than a ten year period and NOT ONE has jumped on board to either swallow it up or engage it into something substantial that relates to significant dollars for shareholders. Maybe there is a company just behind the next corner . If so , PLEASE PRESENT. It will make us joyous and appreciative. As I have stated , just like a wanker who used to post prolifically, do your own research . But I add do it thoroughly. Kind regards to all who have travelled the same distance as me with a similar disappointing outcome to date .

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Chippers ,

Just came upon this.....

Bit of a looksee on the AMG 2025.

Regards,
Esq.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Baisyet

Regular
  • Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
The market does not understand the significance of the TCS/Intel collaborations with Brainchip. Throw in an Arm collaboration for a helping hand 🤪. Going to be huge. Those Indians know their Tech!
1726560509853.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Hey Mercedes, what about a pay Brainchip technology..

IMG_9568.jpeg

These days, we all use our smartphones to make fast and convenient payments. So why not put similar technology into the car? 📱🚗

Mercedes pay does just that. This platform enables payments for goods and services via the infotainment system, such as subscriptions to Digital Extras, refuelling, parking, and EV charging. Let’s take refuelling as an example: by using the in-car payment function, there’s no need to go into the shop or pay by card at the pump. These digital transactions require two-factor authentication, either via a PIN or scanning a QR code on an additional mobile device, such as a smartphone.

Mercedes pay+ adds another layer of simplicity. With this system, customers can authenticate payments using only the fingerprint sensor integrated into the MBUX infotainment system. What’s more, #MercedesBenz is the world’s first manufacturer to use Delegated Authentication and Network Token technology by Mastercard and Visa at the point of sale, enabling fast, secure and seamless transactions. Mercedes pay+ is live in Germany and is currently being rolled out to other markets in Europe.

This is time-saving software at its finest, demonstrating how Mercedes-Benz offers a best-in-class customer experience.

➡ What do you use Mercedes pay for? Let me know in the comments below.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
The QV SBIR stage 1 for Cyber threat-detection using neuromorphic computing was due to conclude in April 2024.

So why has DoE now relased a RFI for AI for science, security and technology?

Again, TeNNs software is the fastest route to deployment, and with cybersecurity immediately is too late. Certainly can't wait for Intel to build their 18A factory.
On QV @Diogenese and in particular software, I would suggest looking at these previous posts. First one is about a new company set up in Japan by QV called Quantum Software last year.

This website goes into more explanation on the product and architecture and where we sit in the system integration flow.

These next couple are from the CSIAC journal article recently released which covers off the work done with Akida and Loihi on the cyber front.

Article now on the CSIAC site.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Frangipani

Regular
Hi @Frangipani ,

The excerpt I posted immediately below the post from which you inferred a suggested Akida link refers to an algorithm.

Further on, that article continues:

In artificial intelligence, machine learning is a way that computers learn from data—lots of data—to identify patterns and make decisions or draw conclusions.

This automated process can be powerful when the patterns might not be obvious to human researchers looking at the same data, which is typical for large, complex data sets such as those involved in imaging and spectral analysis.

In MOMA's case, researchers have been collecting laboratory data for more than a decade, according to Victoria Da Poian, a data scientist at NASA Goddard who co-leads development of the machine learning algorithm. The scientists train the algorithm by feeding it examples of substances that may be found on Mars and labeling what they are. The algorithm will then use the MOMA data as input and output predictions of the chemical composition of the studied sample, based on its training.

"The more we do to optimize the data analysis, the more information and time scientists will have to interpret the data," Da Poian said. "This way, we can react quickly to results and plan next steps as if we are there with the rover, much faster than we previously would have.
"

The collected data will be used in building various AI models which can be used by the AI algorithm for classification or "labelling" as well as for navigation. If NASA are using a conventional CNN algorithm, this will be a significant drain on their elctricity supply.

BRN has been engaged with NASA for some years. It would be surprising if Victoria Da Poian were to be unaware of Akida. In particular NASA would have been aware of TeNNs for a couple of years.

The rover must navigate autonomously, and Akida has famously been found to enable an increase in cruising speed of such rovers due to its real time processing capabilities. The rover is said to have a range of several km.

While Akida has been radhardened by Vorago, there is nothing to suggest the Akida SoC is incorporated in the rover. Indeed, as you point out, time would be against this possibility ... but next time?

Sean Hehir recently acknowledged that BRN now has an additional product line for algorithms.

Rosalind is not due to be launched til 2028, so there is time to incorporate TeNNs/Akida 2 algorithms in the Mars rover. But who knows? It may already be there.

FN:
https://www.esa.int/Science_Explora...th_of_ESA_s_ExoMars_Rosalind_Franklin_mission

FAQ: The ‘rebirth’ of ESA’s ExoMars Rosalind Franklin mission​

13/03/2023
There is a plan to re-use in the new Lander the qualified onboard computer, the radar doppler altimeter and the parachute system that had been developed for the previous version of the mission.

This refers to the lander module, but the rover will also have a "qualified" processor which will not be readily replaced. However:

Any obsolescence of parts will be taken care of with appropriate refurbishments during the development of the ExoMars Rosalind Franklin Mission.

Hi Diogenese,

Victoria da Poian is a NASA Visiting Scientist, whose actual employer is a company called Microtel LLC, specialising in software and systems engineering applications for Earth science and space missions, that was acquired by Tyto Athene in April.

https://science.gsfc.nasa.gov/sci/bio/victoria.dapoian

A9E2B8BC-EBFC-48CD-B4E7-ACA198FAD67D.jpeg

12B08375-3568-48C1-A574-5E0001848F87.jpeg

The new ML algorithm you referred to was developed specifically for data collected, analysed and sent back to Earth (!) by an instrument aboard the Rosalind Franklin rover, the Mars Organic Molecule Analyzer (MOMA) - said algorithm will be used by researchers on Earth to study the data and decide about the next steps, not by the instrument autonomously.

And it has nothing to do with Rosalind Franklin’s autonomous navigation system at all.

E1D20939-B679-46AB-BC9D-91A1BD179E4A.jpeg

6B1C74C4-4D85-45F8-BFB1-D7D7F2C19F75.jpeg

Besides, there is no indication that Victoria Da Poian has been working with SNNs and/or TENNs in recent years.
You should also ask yourself the following: If she had been blown away by Akida technology or TENNs, why would she and her colleagues have set up two open-science ML challenges in 2022 and published a paper about the results in 2023 (published in early 2024), declaring CNN solutions the winning entries in both cases?

4CA9BAB0-E8C3-4048-ADC0-8CBBED926ACB.jpeg

Furthermore, here is a link to the agreement signed by ESA and NASA in May:

https://www.nasa.gov/news-release/nasa-european-space-agency-unite-to-land-europes-rover-on-mars/

“With this memorandum of understanding, the NASA Launch Services Program will procure a U.S. commercial launch provider for the Rosalind Franklin rover. The agency will also provide heater units and elements of the propulsion system needed to land on Mars.”

All available evidence points to NASA having nothing to do with the ESA Mars rover’s navigation system.

This would highly likely be in the sole hands of Airbus Defence & Space that designed and built the rover now known as the ExoMars Rosalind Franklin rover in a cleanroom at its UK facility in Stevenage, before it was transferred to Italy in preparation for its planned launch in September 2022 from Baikonur, the spaceport operated by Russia within Kazakhstan.

While the Airbus team from Stavanage recently tested two of their rovers in a nearby quarry, including one similar to Rosalind Franklin nicknamed Charlie that - according to the following ESA blog article - was used “to test a new navigation system that could speed up rover missions on the Moon and Mars. This capability could lead to improved performance for ESA’s ExoMars Rosalind Franklin’s rover mission, which is expected to launch in 2028.”

https://blogs.esa.int/to-mars-and-back/2024/09/06/rovers-lightsabres-and-a-piglet/

C3D30844-E5DD-487D-B2C3-67D36BC3F363.jpeg

… I doubt we are involved here.

Listen to this June 2023 presentation by Airbus Space Robotics Tech Lead Piotr Weclewski from 20:50 min, when he mentions the effort of validating new approaches such as neuromorphic or bio-inspired computing (that are generally of great interest to Airbus): “We need to bring it slowly, we need to bring it step by step to the picture. Why? Because of the criticality of the missions."

He goes on to emphasise that sending something not only to low-Earth orbit, but to the Moon, dramatically increases the complexity and the risk of radiation mitigation, thermal aspects etc.

So disruptive approaches such as the implementation of neuromorphic technology need to be carefully validated first in order not to endanger critical missions. That definitely sounds to me as if a trip to the Moon will be a first step only after successful validation of this new technology in Low-Earth orbit (LEO), and that a mission to Mars, which is even more complex, will remain a long-term goal for now.

Here is another article on the quarry testing conducted earlier this month that quotes Airbus rover program manager Chris Draper, confirming that the Moon is the initial target for their rovers being tested these days:

2DAE196E-0E7B-41B3-A6F1-652EB56A1EFF.jpeg

The step-by-step validation approach ties in with the new ESA R&T program referred to as NEURAVIS, which - as we found out in July - will be conducted by a consortium consisting of Airbus, BrainChip, Frontgrade Gaisler and Neurobus.

This must have been the relevant tender that was awarded to them, titled

EVALUATION OF NEUROMORPHIC COMPUTING TECHNOLOGIES FOR VERY LOW POWER AI/ML APPLICATIONS - EXPRO PLUS​

https://esastar-publication-ext.sso.esa.int/ESATenderActions/details/60869+

95A3251E-B033-4E2C-A660-030190686183.jpeg

828B1EEF-32E3-4003-B14B-30EEDD1FB348.jpeg

All this information combined with last week’s LinkedIn comments by both Alf Kuchenbuch and Laurent Hili (that I had quoted in my previous post, but which you didn’t address at all) strongly suggest to me we are not/will not yet be involved in the Rosalind Franklin Rover Mars mission. And IMO that includes TENNs software as a separate offering. Why else would Alf Kuchenbuch have referred to his “dream” of Laurent Hili, Sandi Habinc and Sean Hehir collaborating on providing Rosalind’s “children” with “a neuromorphic brain for better perception and autonomy”? (“That is my dream.”)

As the BrainChip staff member primarily dealing with our company’s space industry partners, he’d know exactly whether or not TENNs were currently being tested by Airbus in order to improve Rosalind Franklin’s navigation system. If that were indeed the case, why would he then refer to a new generation of rovers only and not to the Rosalind Franklin rover itself?
TENNs will first need to be validated, too.

So to sum it up, I predict there will be validation of our technology in LEO satellites first, before ESA will consider implementing it on the more critical and complex Lunar or even Martian missions.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Afternoon Chippers ,

Regards,
Esq.
I find a healthy dash of Gin with it helps keep the old malaria at bay. What! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom