BRN Discussion Ongoing

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Website looks to have had another update.

1726008747822.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

rgupta

Regular
These Ai phones in the future will recognise you when you pick it up, the phone will turn on or off accordingly to your age.
I don’t think anyone company is responsible for this Ai revolution the opportunities are endless.
You mean to say govt will make it mandatory or companies will start using that as an extra feature.
I don't think any company will use it voluntarily but yes govts can make it mandatory but before that someone has to prove it is possible.

Reactions: 3 users

7für7

Top 20
Just for interest i asked co pilot for negative articles on Brainchip AKIDA.
Answer:
" I couldn’t find any recent negative articles specifically about BrainChip’s Akida technology. Most of the recent coverage highlights its advancements and applications. For instance, the Akida Edge AI Box has been praised for its power-efficient on-device operations1. Additionally, BrainChip’s neuromorphic processors have shown promising results in cybersecurity and other applications2."
The only potential limitations co pilot could find are in the article below:
Maybe someone more 'tech' than i am can decipher it.
Maybe he blocked the fool 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

TheDrooben

Pretty Pretty Pretty Pretty Good
I’m interested in the “select an appliance” section on the left of the screen 🤔🙏
Yes Gazza........"Refrigerator" "Air Fryer" and "Dishwasher" using "LLMs on the Edge". Very interesting

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
You mean to say govt will make it mandatory or companies will start using that as an extra feature.
I don't think any company will use it voluntarily but yes govts can make it mandatory but before that someone has to prove it is possible.
It was a thought in which I believe the offering will be come a reality at some point through the service suppliers however it is setup is another story. Maybe it is a feature the individuals turn on or off.
Like you say a work in progress until then.

7für7

Top 20
Yes Gazza........"Refrigerator" "Air Fryer" and "Dishwasher" using "LLMs on the Edge". Very interesting
What about Japanese toilets????????

• Haha
  • Thinking

TheDrooben

Pretty Pretty Pretty Pretty Good
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users

Dr E Brown

Regular
Doing a bit of background on Microchips. PVDM said people don't understand the importance of this partnership, (or words to that effect). Re-listening to the podcast at CES 2024 with Yann Le Fao, I attach a blog of his which when combined with the interview I found incredibly interesting and exciting.
As a note, I have listened again to a number of podcasts in sequence from Sean and others relating to BRN and the market. It is clear the trajectory we are on. It is clear the trajectory the technology is on.
We have moved from interesting topic to we can use for to easier tools to implement and are at the inflexion point of implementation. I am excited by the next 6 to 12 months for our company.
That is my opinion from my research, please don't take my word for anything.

Here is another link to a Microchip ecosystem member https://www.221e.com/blog/technology-ecosystem/221e-mpe-x-microchip-pic32-mcus?utm_source=MCarticle

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 44 users

ndefries

Regular
Doing a bit of background on Microchips. PVDM said people don't understand the importance of this partnership, (or words to that effect). Re-listening to the podcast at CES 2024 with Yann Le Fao, I attach a blog of his which when combined with the interview I found incredibly interesting and exciting.
As a note, I have listened again to a number of podcasts in sequence from Sean and others relating to BRN and the market. It is clear the trajectory we are on. It is clear the trajectory the technology is on.
We have moved from interesting topic to we can use for to easier tools to implement and are at the inflexion point of implementation. I am excited by the next 6 to 12 months for our company.
That is my opinion from my research, please don't take my word for anything.

Here is another link to a Microchip ecosystem member https://www.221e.com/blog/technology-ecosystem/221e-mpe-x-microchip-pic32-mcus?utm_source=MCarticle
hi - i think PVDM comments about the market and underestimating were in relation to MegaChip?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Guzzi62

Regular

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Do you have a link, can't find it anywhere, thanks.
Just open the page and the screen will refresh every few seconds to show various pages.

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Guzzi62

Regular
Just open the page and the screen will refresh every few seconds to show various pages.
Excellent, thanks.

I must still be sleeping.

• Haha

FiveBucks

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Guzzi62

Regular
Website looks to have had another update.

View attachment 69112

I hope we can get them into BRN's University AI Accelerator Program, that would be fantastic.

Close to BRN headquarter so no excuses, fire up the Tesla and go and speak with them Sean or maybe Kris Carlson now you are there.

Who We Are​

Founded in 1965, UC Irvine is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities and is ranked among the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News & World Report. The campus has produced five Nobel laureates and is known for its academic achievement, premier research, innovation and anteater mascot. Led by Chancellor Howard Gillman, UC Irvine has more than 36,000 students and offers 224 degree programs. It’s located in one of the world’s safest and most economically vibrant communities and is Orange County’s second-largest employer, contributing $7 billion annually to the local economy and $8 billion statewide.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Townyj

Ermahgerd
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

GStocks123

Regular
From the AI hardware summit. “select appliance” I would love to know what this is about.. 🤔

Attachments

• IMG_8541.png
    IMG_8541.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 119
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Akida v von Neumann

von Neumann computers have hardware processor and two types of "soft" inputs - programs (application programs) and data. In addition, the processor has its internal program (operating system) to control the implementation of the application program. vN computers usually use 32-bit data or higher, although some microprocessors may use 16 or even 8 bits.

The application program determines the processor steps which are to be performed with the data.

In Akida SNN, the models must be adapted to the appropriate format (1, 2, or 4-bit).

Before the chip is utilized, the NN must be configured, and this depends on the particular use - audio, video, etc. Usually the models will relate to subsets of these categories. For example, an agricultural model may have images to distinguish crops and weeds, an autonomous driving model may distinguish between fixed and mobile objects, etc.

Configuration involves determining the number of layers of the NN, the number of NPUs in each layer, the interconnections (synapses) between the NPUs of the adjacent layers, and the weights to be applied to the synaptic values.

Configuration does involve the associated CPU.

Once the NN is configured, the input data is processed entirely in silicon in accordance with the configuration without the involvement of the CPU.

The configuration determines how the input (video, audio, etc.) is processed. So, in a sense, configuration of the NN may be considered as analogous to programming in a von Neumann processor. The difference is that, in vN, the processor has to repeatedly retrieve instructions and data from memory, whereas Akida automatically performs the required oprations on the real time input data stream as determined by the configuration which is resident in the processor itself.

Just so it does not appear too daunting a task to set up Akida, BRN has compiled many "standard" Akida models which are available together with appropriate configurations, and these can also be adapted for specific tasks if necessary.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

GStocks123

Regular

Attachments

• IMG_8542.png
    IMG_8542.png
    563.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Frangipani

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
From the AI hardware summit. “select appliance” I would love to know what this is about.. 🤔
Screenshot_20240911-161625_Chrome.jpg

Looks like Samsung's smart fridge 😃

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users
Top Bottom