BRN Discussion Ongoing

robsmark

Regular
How does the companies/ASX continual disclosure requirements, not required this to be announced at the time to the market? It has a $figure attached FFS!!

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 30 users

manny100

Regular
That's AUD 313500 already 3 times (edit- 2 times HY in USD) the reported Half Year 👍

Hey, it's a start!

This is also a bit of new language?..

"The Company has seen growing interest from customers seeking audio, video, Space and military application solutions"

I think that may be the first time, we've seen "military applications" mentioned directly?
I noticed the military applications as well.
Huge opportunities in that space.
AKIDA is supreme in harsh conditions.

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
How does the companies/ASX continual disclosure requirements, not required this to be announced at the time to the market? It has a $figure attached FFS!!
1724645440965.png

Hi Rob.
I'm guessing the Company is using that last line as a reason not to have done a formal announcement?

"Due to the nature, timing and risk associated with these projects, it is not possible for the Company to estimate future royalty revenues associated with these agreements."

I'm not saying I agree or am in favour of this rationale but think it perhaps consistent with the previous Company line in regard to these matters.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users
Because it's not considered a "material amount" considering costs?..

Might be worth getting a direct comment from the Company.

An ASX announcement, would have certainly been "allowed" as far as I'm aware..

Talk about laying low..

Reactions: 7 users

7für7

Regular
I ordered three years ago my Bentley continental GT. I was expecting to get rich this year.. unfortunately it seams to take more time when I look to the share price… so, if someone is interested to this car please PM me because I put everything into brainchip 😭😭 good bye GT you gone before we could get to know each other….

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

rayzor

Regular
BRN 1/2 yearly report in

Attachments

• Appendix-4D-and-1H24-Financial-Report.PDF
    793.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

rayzor

Regular

Attachments

• Half-Year-Results-Announcement.PDF
    183.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users

TECH

Regular
Gidday All,

I feel that the half-yearly pretty much summed up our current state of affairs, I did notice that the collaboration with Frontgrade
Gaisler was announced on 6 May, so a 3 month lag period before an agreement was formally signed, though it also included the addition
of Airbus Defense and Space :geek:

From my calculations we had approximately 45.138 Million AUD less expenses for the 2 last months of this quarter, it's certainly a
journey isn't it long termers !!

Is TATA going to be the first to make that quantum leap ??

Keep the faith............ ♥️♦️AKD I AKD I.5 AKD 2.0 AKD TENN's...........Tech.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

FJ-215

Regular
If this was announced to the market at the time of signing, I wonder how much more money could of been raised thru the SPP?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

charles2

Regular
If this was announced to the market at the time of signing, I wonder how much more money could of been raised thru the SPP?
Or fewer shares issued...

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Quatrojos

Regular
Because it's not considered a "material amount" considering costs?..

Might be worth getting a direct comment from the Company.

An ASX announcement, would have certainly been "allowed" as far as I'm aware..

Talk about laying low..
Talk about lying underground!

I agree it might be worth getting a direct comment from the Co.

Considering costs, the amount is immaterial. Considering revenue, the amount is worth an ASX mention...

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users
SPP announced 25 July, close 15 Aug.

Report says Frontgrade Airbus deal signed in Aug.

IMO, it's quite understandable it wasn't announced prior to SPP close given it may have only been formalised after that date.

Also, it says Aug, so who is to say it wasn't only just literally signed and combined with the Half Yearly rather than a standalone Ann.

Would I have liked a separate Ann, yep, as would be more visual to wider .arket however, the issue of ongoing revenue calcs (or guesstimates) required by the ASX make it an essentially difficult grey area, so Half Yearly inclusion would not be deemed a fluffy or ramping Ann imo.

Reactions: 16 users

Guzzi62

Regular
So Akida 1.0 is the chip the 2 deals will be using!

Interestingly the CEO was saying that 1.0 is not what customers want, 2.0 is the star of the show.

I never understood that, 1.0 is fine for simpler tasks so why not utilize that?

So Frontgate and Airbus are 2 different deals, right? Yes they are, just read the 1/2 year report.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Interestingly the CEO was saying that 1.0 is not what customers want, 2.0 is the star of the show.

So Frontgate and Airbus are 2 different deals, right? Yes they are, just read the 1/2 year report.
I think Sean's comments, in relation to AKIDA 1.0 IP, being "too narrow" have to be taken into context, of the size of the Market BrainChip is chasing.

AKIDA 1.0 IP was not made redundant or obsolete, by AKIDA 2.0 IP (which includes TeNNs) or TeNNs alone.

As for chasing the lower hanging fruit, companies like BeEmotion are doing that for us (assumed).
@itsol4605 BeEmotion are an Enablement Partner of ours.

20240826_153330.jpg

They were pretty much struggling (not exactly doing fantastic now, like us..) with their applications, before we came along and provided our technological sauce.
From memory, Anil personally advised them on changes to the configuration of AKIDA, which gave them 1000fps (frames per second) performance (somebody back me up, or correct me here 😛).

They or any other partner, are not going to say "Hey, and BrainChip are helping us do this!".
There is nothing reportable, by BrainChip on this either and we are not privy to the partnership arrangements between BrainChip and them, or any other partner.

Obviously though, in BeEmotion's case, it won't be via an IP licence.

But this deal by BeEmotion anyway, is smallfry at this stage and any revenue, wouldn't even provide any runoff, as the drops hit the side of our Mountain (okay, huge amount of poetic licence used there.. Consider it a Future reference).

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 17 users
Yep

1724653674148.gif

• Haha
SPP announced 25 July, close 15 Aug.

Report says Frontgrade Airbus deal signed in Aug.

IMO, it's quite understandable it wasn't announced prior to SPP close given it may have only been formalised after that date.

Also, it says Aug, so who is to say it wasn't only just literally signed and combined with the Half Yearly rather than a standalone Ann.

Would I have liked a separate Ann, yep, as would be more visual to wider .arket however, the issue of ongoing revenue calcs (or guesstimates) required by the ASX make it an essentially difficult grey area, so Half Yearly inclusion would not be deemed a fluffy or ramping Ann imo.
I think management care more about shorters than us share holders

1724653822245.gif

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

My question on that point...

Do they generalise the Akida1500 reference SOC as Akida1.0 Gen also, like a catch all given it's not Akida 2.0 Gen.

They only say Akida 1.0 not AKD1000 or 1500.

Reason is, I'm sure I've read previously when looking at NASA, Vorago etc the FD-SOI 22FDX is a well suited process for space, rad hard type use too.

Given this is what Frontgrade and Airbus appear to be about in the ESA project is it 1500 or 1000?

Maybe it is just 1000 as a bench test POC, Dev or similar initially then step up to the 1500?

• Thinking
Reactions: 10 users
I think management care more about shorters than us share holders

View attachment 68548
Playing devils advocate...one could argue the point that if a SH wanted to increase their holding at what some perceive as a cheap price or to average down as they believed in future progress then "caring more for the shorters" inevitably provides care for those SH's with a lower entry point, lower average cost and increased holdings :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Playing devils advocate...one could argue the point that if a SH wanted to increase their holding at what some perceive as a cheap price or to average down as they believed in future progress then "caring more for the shorters" inevitably provides care for those SH's with a lower entry point, lower average cost and increased holdings :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Maybe we will never get another price sensitive announce through the normal channels and only via a quarterly. So that gives me and @DingoBorat another 3 months to buy some more

1724655386251.gif

• Haha
  • Fire

CHIPS

Regular
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom