BRN Discussion Ongoing

McHale

Regular
Totally Token gesture for retail.

Then insto market manipulated down below the buy price of .193 to keep away the little retail rascals …us!

They didn’t need the minor 3mil from us anyway.

BRN got their time gap fill of $20mil and move on to the bigger goals.
Yes, but the instos got their shares @.193, which from memory was around a 4% discount to the 10 day VWAP,

LDA were getting theirs @ around a 9% discount to market, so why were UCP prepared to underwrite
a $20m CR at such a low discount to market (or vwap).

I own a gold miner BGL which is an already profitable producer with v high grade gold and reserve of 3.2m ozs
(world class deposit and v high grade $$$),BGL had to take a 15% discount to market for a recent raise of $120m,
they had $75m in the bank before CR.

A lot of complaints and speculation here about why do a CR, well for a start it's a much better deal for BRN and for us
because there is much less dilution. Then BRN would definitely be able to get on with their commercialization plans with a solid cash runway, and not have to be concerned with burn rate.

Looks like Sean and maybe Antonio (perhaps others) were working on the CR before the AGM, but why were UCP
prepared to take such a low discount to market, many companies are paying more than cashed up BGL for money, 20% discount is not uncommon at present cash is tight.

Again I ask why would UCP take such a low discount and then put on social media how pleased they were to do
the CR with BRN ???

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

The Pope

Regular
AL

Although there's no doubt in my mind, that we've worked with at least Samsung, in the past..

For some reason, I don't think Korea is going to play ball with us, although they have looked at them and had a good sniff..

They have their Kaist Institute, which made some (actually misleading) claims, earlier this year?..

There's our known partnership with Prophesee, but I think this new development, is more likely to weaken that connection, than be a more confident shoe in the door..
I heard South Korea really support local tech companies and a special someone from BRN said they are a tough nut to crack but are trying their best.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users
Doesn’t work for me, I’m afraid, as I am a synaesthete and perceive the letter A as being red, dominating the colour of the whole word (no kidding, this is true).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grapheme–color_synesthesia
I'm familiar with synesthesia, from the person refered to as S, who displayed mind boggling feats of memory.

He used to write things down, in an effort to "forget" them.

He suffered from the same debilitating condition..

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Did they really want 3mil or was that a token gesture due to the Question at the AGM regarding offering sh some shares at the next raise.

Management

1000025826.gif

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Yes, but the instos got their shares @.193, which from memory was around a 4% discount to the 10 day VWAP,

LDA were getting theirs @ around a 9% discount to market, so why were UCP prepared to underwrite
a $20m CR at such a low discount to market (or vwap).

I own a gold miner BGL which is an already profitable producer with v high grade gold and reserve of 3.2m ozs
(world class deposit and v high grade $$$),BGL had to take a 15% discount to market for a recent raise of $120m,
they had $75m in the bank before CR.

A lot of complaints and speculation here about why do a CR, well for a start it's a much better deal for BRN and for us
because there is much less dilution. Then BRN would definitely be able to get on with their commercialization plans with a solid cash runway, and not have to be concerned with burn rate.

Looks like Sean and maybe Antonio (perhaps others) were working on the CR before the AGM, but why were UCP
prepared to take such a low discount to market, many companies are paying more than cashed up BGL for money, 20% discount is not uncommon at present cash is tight.

Again I ask why would UCP take such a low discount and then put on social media how pleased they were to do
the CR with BRN ???
Everyone has their own take on it. Someone may be able to push the price down low but doesn't mean there's volume from real people selling.

I think it was a manipulative but typical move on UCPs part assuming it was them who forced it down so far and then the company agreeing to a raise at a price so low. However, if the company needs cash it is at the mercy of what the market is offering. You could argue they would have been better waiting till the price was 10% higher and then going with LDA, or just agreed with LDA a few months ago to raise this much when it was 50% higher.

UCP then kept the price below the SPP to minimise dilution from people who might be interested otherwise. I agree it was a token by the company, but at the same time it was a way to gauge the actual interest from shareholders. If few people take them up they're going to be hesitant taking this option again in the future.

When the SPP was raised I thought it was because of the risk of recession in the US. It's a pragmatic move IMO but at the same time, if they thought there were deals happening soon they could have waited a little longer and done it at a higher price. To raise this much, to me it's either a safety net for recession, they see a big opportunity and need to move quick, or it's required for a deal. Hopefully it's one of the latter options.

As a side note, I thought there'd be more uptake on the SPP as it allowed people to exceed the ~20% one stock limit on their super.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Frangipani

Regular
I'm familiar with synesthesia, from The person refered to as S, who displayed mind boggling feats of memory.

He used to write things down, in an effort to "forget" them.

He suffered from the same debilitating condition..

Suffered from the same debilitating condition?! Erm, not at all! 🤣

I think you have a total misconception of what synaesthesia means to the overwhelming majority of people who have it. I don’t perceive it as a negative thing at all, on the contrary - to me, it is a special gift that enhances my life and even helps me to remember things better.

When I was a kid, I used to think everyone saw letters, numbers and words in colour. Until I learnt this was not the case, when I made a comment about the colours of weekdays at the dinner table one day - my parents and siblings just stared at me and had no idea what I was talking about. 🤣

When I was 16, I found out what this phenomenon was called by sheer serendipity and got in touch with Simon Baron-Cohen in Cambridge (who happens to be the cousin of the actor famous for playing your avatar’s second half), who was doing research on it at a time when it was hardly on anyone’s radar.

Statistically, there should be quite a few fellow synaesthetes roaming this forum - grapheme-colour synaesthesia is only the most common form - I am sure most of them will have similar stories to tell. We would, however, vastly differ in the colours we see, even though interestingly most people with synaesthesia apparently see A as red.

“Why do some people, such as pop star Billie Eilish, hear colour, or taste sounds? Professor Anina Rich, from Macquarie’s Department of Cognitive Science, explains.

Synaesthesia is an unusual phenomenon – not a disorder – where an ordinary stimulus, such as a sound, gives an extraordinary experience, such as a colour.

(…)

We still don’t really know why some people have synaesthesia – around 1 per cent of the population have it, and it is more common in females. There is a familial link, in that within families, more people will have synaesthesia than in the general population, but there are also many synaesthetes who don’t know of any others in their family. It doesn’t seem to convey any special talents, other than perhaps a benefit to memory and maybe creativity.

Some people report their synaesthesia helps with things, like “I am really good at maths because the colours help” but others say the opposite, like “I am really bad at maths because you can’t multiply colours!”

For most synaesthetes, though, it is just their normal way of experiencing the world, and they may even think the rest of us a bit weird!

From talking to more than 1000 synaesthetes during 20 years of research, there have only been a few for whom the synaesthesia became debilitating for various reasons – one had bidirectional synaesthesia, which is very unusual and tends to be more interfering due to sensory overload. Sounds gave colours, but colours also gave sounds; you can imagine that would be pretty overwhelming.

For most synaesthetes, though, it is just their normal way of experiencing the world, and they may even think the rest of us (non-synaesthetes) a bit weird! I usually describe it as an unusual gift, which gives people’s perception an additional richness. But it is as difficult for a synaesthete to imagine what it is like NOT to have it, as it is for us to imagine what it is like TO have it.

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

7für7

Regular
I completely missed that product… 🤔 would be nice to see 2025 an updated version with akida 😑 come one SONY!! Come on brainchip

“Updated DSEE Ultimate for Enhancing Streaming Music Quality
The NW-ZX707 and the NW-A306 both use Edge-AI (Artificial Intelligence), DSEE Ultimate™ (Digital Sound Enhancement Engine) which upscales compressed digital music files in real time. The evolving algorithm now delivers even greater benefits for CD-quality (16 bit 44.1/48kHz) lossless codec audio. Restoring acoustic subtleties and dynamic range provides a richer, more complete listening experience.”

• Fire

Diogenese

Top 20
Everyone has their own take on it. Someone may be able to push the price down low but doesn't mean there's volume from real people selling.

I think it was a manipulative but typical move on UCPs part assuming it was them who forced it down so far and then the company agreeing to a raise at a price so low. However, if the company needs cash it is at the mercy of what the market is offering. You could argue they would have been better waiting till the price was 10% higher and then going with LDA, or just agreed with LDA a few months ago to raise this much when it was 50% higher.

UCP then kept the price below the SPP to minimise dilution from people who might be interested otherwise. I agree it was a token by the company, but at the same time it was a way to gauge the actual interest from shareholders. If few people take them up they're going to be hesitant taking this option again in the future.

When the SPP was raised I thought it was because of the risk of recession in the US. It's a pragmatic move IMO but at the same time, if they thought there were deals happening soon they could have waited a little longer and done it at a higher price. To raise this much, to me it's either a safety net for recession, they see a big opportunity and need to move quick, or it's required for a deal. Hopefully it's one of the latter options.

As a side note, I thought there'd be more uptake on the SPP as it allowed people to exceed the ~20% one stock limit on their super.
Hi Idd,

I had not considered such devious machinations. Certainly, the SP was manipulated down. The low volume of trade during the period showed that shareholders were not selling, but I can't see how pushing the price down would help UCP.

Yes, it would be good to have a recession buffe, but, in the support document for the SPP, we were told it, together with the capital raise, was to further develop TeNNs and to develop a cloud-based FPGA, which, I presume, would serve as a marketing tool.

A week or so ago, we were discussing an intern, now employed full time, who had developed a system which looked like a precursor for the on-line FPGA, so I think the company is being driven by Sean's "Damn the torpedoes" attitude.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users
Suffered from the same debilitating condition?! Erm, not at all! 🤣

I think you have a total misconception of what synaesthesia means to the overwhelming majority of people who have it. I don’t perceive it as a negative thing at all, on the contrary - to me, it is a special gift that enhances my life and even helps me to remember things better.

When I was a kid, I used to think everyone saw letters, numbers and words in colour. Until I learnt this was not the case, when I made a comment about the colours of weekdays at the dinner table one day - my parents and siblings just stared at me and had no idea what I was talking about. 🤣

When I was 16, I found out what this phenomenon was called by sheer serendipity and got in touch with Simon Baron-Cohen in Cambridge (who happens to be the cousin of the actor famous for playing your avatar’s second half), who was doing research on it at a time when it was hardly on anyone’s radar.

Statistically, there should be quite a few fellow synaesthetes roaming this forum - grapheme-colour synaesthesia is only the most common form - I am sure most of them will have similar stories to tell. We would, however, vastly differ in the colours we see, even though interestingly most people with synaesthesia apparently see A as red.

“Why do some people, such as pop star Billie Eilish, hear colour, or taste sounds? Professor Anina Rich, from Macquarie’s Department of Cognitive Science, explains.

Synaesthesia is an unusual phenomenon – not a disorder – where an ordinary stimulus, such as a sound, gives an extraordinary experience, such as a colour.

(…)

We still don’t really know why some people have synaesthesia – around 1 per cent of the population have it, and it is more common in females. There is a familial link, in that within families, more people will have synaesthesia than in the general population, but there are also many synaesthetes who don’t know of any others in their family. It doesn’t seem to convey any special talents, other than perhaps a benefit to memory and maybe creativity.

Some people report their synaesthesia helps with things, like “I am really good at maths because the colours help” but others say the opposite, like “I am really bad at maths because you can’t multiply colours!”

From talking to more than 1000 synaesthetes during 20 years of research, there have only been a few for whom the synaesthesia became debilitating for various reasons – one had bidirectional synaesthesia, which is very unusual and tends to be more interfering due to sensory overload. Sounds gave colours, but colours also gave sounds; you can imagine that would be pretty overwhelming.

For most synaesthetes, though, it is just their normal way of experiencing the world, and they may even think the rest of us (non-synaesthetes) a bit weird! I usually describe it as an unusual gift, which gives people’s perception an additional richness. But it is as difficult for a synaesthete to imagine what it is like NOT to have it, as it is for us to imagine what it is like TO have it.

Well it obviously doesn't give you the ability, to detect when someone is taking the mickey 😛..
Unless of course, in spite of your long explanation, you're taking the mickey out of me, in eliciting this reply, to your reply...

20240823_232758.jpg

I have a small understanding of our minds incredible "potential" and having it work in a different way, can open up doors, to some of this potential, meditation is another avenue. The creative arts, have a strong history of drug use, for inspiration as do, some deep thinkers and spiritualists (but I consider that a "cheap" or inferior route).

Great movie.

The fact that a synaesthete's mind is inherently more creative (as it's already "wired" to make stuff up) could benefit such individuals, in some cases, as imagination and creativity are some of Humankind's greatest strengths.

20240824_000027.jpg

It is simply not logical, for a sound to evoke a sensation of colour, or any of the phenomena that synaesthetes experience, but experience it they do.

If sounds did have colours and colours sounds etc etc for various other senses and a synaesthete, was able to perceive this, then wouldn't there be an absolute agreeance, on those perceptions among them?
I guess the sample size is quite small and there is no real way, to measure, which synaesthetes, are more "able" or "normal" like you can, with a colour blindness test.

Everybody, "sees" the World a little differently, depending on their Life experiences, among other things such as physiological differences and nobody knows exactly how it "feels" to be in someone else's shoes, although sometimes we can get a taste, or have a glimpse through their window of the World.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 18 users

Draed

Regular

Attachments

• 20240824_082009.jpg
    20240824_082009.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 52
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Hi Idd,

I had not considered such devious machinations. Certainly, the SP was manipulated down. The low volume of trade during the period showed that shareholders were not selling, but I can't see how pushing the price down would help UCP.

Yes, it would be good to have a recession buffe, but, in the support document for the SPP, we were told it, together with the capital raise, was to further develop TeNNs and to develop a cloud-based FPGA, which, I presume, would serve as a marketing tool.

A week or so ago, we were discussing an intern, now employed full time, who had developed a system which looked like a precursor for the on-line FPGA, so I think the company is being driven by Sean's "Damn the torpedoes" attitude.
Hey Dio,

Assuming this is the last capital raise at such a low price, this is the most shares the company will give away if they want to raise the same amount. If investors took up the entire $3M, this is close to 15 million shares (getting close to 1% of the current shares available).
Nevermind that UCP are getting 100 million shares, in the long term it's in their best interest to minimise how much other people hold.
I'd argue that share price is one of the strongest tools available to cause investors to get frustrated and consider selling. When it gets too low, investors presume something is going wrong (even if there isn't) thereby also helping the giants like UCP get more cheap shares.

I think recession risk shouldn't be completely disregarded. If you were going to raise money, it will flow more freely if there is a positive spin. However, just the other day Ford indicated they were dropping a few EV lines and changing their strategy. Many other big companies have been cutting staff and scrapping products recently.

From a sales perspective, the automotive industry has shifted in the past few years partly from lower customer interest in EVs than hoped. Many companies have delayed their EV commitments and a lot are shifting more to hybrids now. The EV market is one of which Brainchip was relying heavily on. Hybrids still have engines so aren't as reliant on minimising every bit of energy as EVs.

It's not to say these companies are no longer interested, they're likely trying to reduce costs for the time being (they all overspent billions on EVs) and may push out their initial plans. New EV models may still include Akida and new features developed for EVs may still get included in other new car lines, but there may be less and it's too soon to say.

That said there are other technologies which will continue to be innovated and improved on to stay ahead of competitors, so integration in products like Lidar and Radar hopefully aren't too far off, as well as other safety focused technologies.

It's also worth pointing out that machine learning technology doesn't guarantee the correct result 100% of the time. There is always going to be some hesitation by customers and regulator scrutiny if the product isn't 100% safe and is harder to verify, but machine learning capabilities are at the point where they are as good as or better than many human experts in most things. People are aware doctors aren't always correct but will generally have a lot of hesitation about using an AI health tool promising 90% accuracy, even if doctors don't achieve greater than 80% for the same task. It will take time but eventually acceptance will occur.

With this in mind, I still find it really interesting that TENNS demonstrated 100% accuracy in an application from one of the company presentations not too long ago (vital signs from memory). Being able to demonstrate this will not only increase customer interest, it will also likely speed up how fast their products can enter the market due to regulations. If TENNS has that sort of accuracy with other applications it should accelerate uptake with those too.

If Shaun is raising money to speed the time to market of TENNs, then this is a wise choice IMO. I still think $20+ million is a lot to raise for software improvements. If you have experienced how good and cheap AI tools are becoming you would understand. Hence my thought about recession (and other opportunities - with Jason on the SAB, SNN supercomputer / servers are definitely on the cards).

I think Shaun pulled the short straw by becoming CEO when he did. The economic conditions were pretty poor when he started and they're not much better now. A strong economy will drive retail interest in products, and hence customer sales. At the very least, from what he's been doing I think Shaun has a solid strategy in place.

I'm still of the view that the Space industry is almost a guaranteed success because as you remind us, there are large radiation benefits digital provide over analog. Given time frames of the space industry, if they are starting to get close to having chips or products ready, I think the consumer market should be even closer. I'm still optimistic that we are really close to success.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

Seeed Studio's reCamera Is a Modular Edge AI Smart Camera Powered by Sophgo's SG2002​

Driven by a chip with a one TOPS neural coprocessor, the reCamera launches soon — and alpha samples are now available.​

ghalfacree
17 minutes ago • Sensors / Machine Learning & AI /Photos & Video / HW101
image_XeenAnPSG8.png

Seeed Studio is preparing to launch what it claims is the "most advanced AI camera" around, the reCamera — a modular RISC-V smart camera platform capable of running computer vision and artificial intelligence (CV and AI) models on device using an integrated one tera-operations per second (TOPS) accelerator.
"reCamera is a combination of a processor and a camera sensor," the company explains of its creation. "Today, as processors (both SOC [System-on-Chip] and MCU [Microcontroller Unit]) are becoming smaller and more powerful, it is now possible to combine the processor with camera sensors. In fact, many IPCs (IP Cameras) are already using this design to accelerate AI detection on edge devices. So today, we introduce reCamera, an open-source camera platform for everyone to play with."
Loading video
Seeed Studio is preparing to launch a modular smart camera system for edge AI projects, dubbed the reCamera. (📹: Seeed Studio)
While there are a range of other smart camera systems on the market, Seeed is hoping to make the reCamera stand out thanks to a compact footprint and modular design — split into three boards: the Core Board, the Sensor Board, and the Base board. The Core Board hosts the processor, local storage, and optional Wi-Fi connectivity; the Sensor Board houses a choice of image sensors, with rolling- and global-shutter variants planned; and the Base Board provides USB Type-C and UART serial connectivity, microSD Card storage, and — model-dependent — features such as an Ethernet port with Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) compatibility or CAN bus connectivity.
Two variants of Core Board have been revealed, only one of which will be available at launch: the C1_2002w, which includes emmC storage and a Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) radio module; a C1_2002 will follow, which drops the Wi-Fi/BLE radio in favour of extra SDIO and UART connectivity. In both cases they're powered by the Sophgo SG2002, a dual-core chip that offers the user's choice of Arm Cortex-A53 or T-Head XuanTie C906 RISC-V core alongside an MCS-51 8051-compatible microcontroller core and a one TOPS neural coprocessor for on-device machine learning and artificial intelligence (ML and AI) tasks.
image_qfj87qgQJL.png
The reCamera is split across three modular boards, one acting as a single-board computer, another hosting the sensor, and one for external connectivity. (📷: Seeed Studio)
The Core Board stacks with the Sensor Board, of which only one is expected to be available at launch: the S1_OV5647, based on an Omnivision five megapixel rolling-shutter image sensor. Two others have been confirmed as works-in-progress: the S2_IMX335, which uses a Sony IMX335 rolling-shutter image sensor; and the S3_SC130GS, based on a SmartSens one-megapixel global shutter that trades resolution for capturing the entire image in once shot.
The standard Base Board, meanwhile, includes a microSD Card slot, an Ethernet single-port transformer module, a UART serial bus, and USB Type-C connector for data and power. A "B2" variant swaps from a side-mount to a vertical-mount USB Type-C port, while the "B3_POE" drops the USB connector and microSD Card slot for an Ethernet port with PoE support. The final model, the "B4_Gyro," comes an on-board gyroscope sensor and a connector for CAN bus connectivity — though all models bar the "B1" default were, at the time of writing, at version 0.1 and are not expected to be available at launch.
image_etWVCXskY2.png
Seeed has detailed a trio of companion launches, including an open-source motorized gimbal. (📷: Seeed Studio)
In all cases, the boards are controlled using a Linux buildroot system dubbed reCamera OS, which offers a web interface for network configuration, live view, and a browser-based system for opening a shell on the camera for command-line control. The accelerator is available in frameworks including TensorFlow and PyTorc, Seeed has confirmed, Seed has also confirmed three related projects: the reCamera Gimbal, which is an open-source motorized gimbal mount and housing for the camera; the reCamera Industrial, which provides a rugged housing with tripod mount and interchangeable lens support; and the reCamera Robot Arm which, as the name implies, mates the camera with a robotic arm.
Seed is launching the reCamera at $34.90 for a non-WiFi/BLE version with 8GB eMMC rising to $54.90 for a Wi-Fi/BLE version with 64GB eMMC, and has begun selling discount coupons which will shave 50% off the cost of the top-end model for $5 on the company store for a limited number of early-bird buyers.
Additional information is available in the project's GitHub repository, where some design files have been released under the permissive Apache 2.0 license; the reCamera OS is available in a separate repository. Those interested in receiving a sample prior to the official launch, meanwhile, can apply to become an alpha tester.

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

Adam

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hey Dio,

Assuming this is the last capital raise at such a low price, this is the most shares the company will give away if they want to raise the same amount. If investors took up the entire $3M, this is close to 15 million shares (getting close to 1% of the current shares available).
Nevermind that UCP are getting 100 million shares, in the long term it's in their best interest to minimise how much other people hold.
I'd argue that share price is one of the strongest tools available to cause investors to get frustrated and consider selling. When it gets too low, investors presume something is going wrong (even if there isn't) thereby also helping the giants like UCP get more cheap shares.

I think recession risk shouldn't be completely disregarded. If you were going to raise money, it will flow more freely if there is a positive spin. However, just the other day Ford indicated they were dropping a few EV lines and changing their strategy. Many other big companies have been cutting staff and scrapping products recently.

From a sales perspective, the automotive industry has shifted in the past few years partly from lower customer interest in EVs than hoped. Many companies have delayed their EV commitments and a lot are shifting more to hybrids now. The EV market is one of which Brainchip was relying heavily on. Hybrids still have engines so aren't as reliant on minimising every bit of energy as EVs.

It's not to say these companies are no longer interested, they're likely trying to reduce costs for the time being (they all overspent billions on EVs) and may push out their initial plans. New EV models may still include Akida and new features developed for EVs may still get included in other new car lines, but there may be less and it's too soon to say.

That said there are other technologies which will continue to be innovated and improved on to stay ahead of competitors, so integration in products like Lidar and Radar hopefully aren't too far off, as well as other safety focused technologies.

It's also worth pointing out that machine learning technology doesn't guarantee the correct result 100% of the time. There is always going to be some hesitation by customers and regulator scrutiny if the product isn't 100% safe and is harder to verify, but machine learning capabilities are at the point where they are as good as or better than many human experts in most things. People are aware doctors aren't always correct but will generally have a lot of hesitation about using an AI health tool promising 90% accuracy, even if doctors don't achieve greater than 80% for the same task. It will take time but eventually acceptance will occur.

With this in mind, I still find it really interesting that TENNS demonstrated 100% accuracy in an application from one of the company presentations not too long ago (vital signs from memory). Being able to demonstrate this will not only increase customer interest, it will also likely speed up how fast their products can enter the market due to regulations. If TENNS has that sort of accuracy with other applications it should accelerate uptake with those too.

If Shaun is raising money to speed the time to market of TENNs, then this is a wise choice IMO. I still think $20+ million is a lot to raise for software improvements. If you have experienced how good and cheap AI tools are becoming you would understand. Hence my thought about recession (and other opportunities - with Jason on the SAB, SNN supercomputer / servers are definitely on the cards).

I think Shaun pulled the short straw by becoming CEO when he did. The economic conditions were pretty poor when he started and they're not much better now. A strong economy will drive retail interest in products, and hence customer sales. At the very least, from what he's been doing I think Shaun has a solid strategy in place.

I'm still of the view that the Space industry is almost a guaranteed success because as you remind us, there are large radiation benefits digital provide over analog. Given time frames of the space industry, if they are starting to get close to having chips or products ready, I think the consumer market should be even closer. I'm still optimistic that we are really close to success.
Hi IdD,

That’s quite a lot to get through, so I’ll itemize my thoughts.

A. I would hope that UCP is not involved in the criminal activity of share price manipulation. I’ve heard some CRs include an embargo on lending shares to shorters.

B. ICE v EVs – ADAS/AD will still need all the sensors and 5 kW is 5kW whether it’s petrol or electrons. It could be as much as 5% for an ICE and 6% for an EV. The main difference is in refuelling time.

C. Customer reluctance can be tied to range anxiety, refuelling time and lack of charging points (and petrol heads). The charger network continues to expand and battery tech, such as silicon loaded anodes (see, eg, Talga (ASX: TLG)), will improve charging time and capacity.

D. Certainly recession must always be a consideration. Pulling up the drawbridge makes it a self-fulfilling prediction. If everyone has mass layoffs in preparation for a recession … I suppose it’s just musical chairs … just hope the music never stops.

E. As to the accuracy of AI classification, there are standards set out in the roadmap to AD. Mercedes is at Level 3 using Valeo’s SCALA 2. In the case of an unfamiliar or unrecognized situation, I assume the systems should be programmed to err on the side of caution. As in medical tech, it’s better to over-diagnose than to under-diagnose. It is my opinion that Valeo and Mercedes are using TeNNs software, and I’m reinforced in this belief by Sean’s recent acknowledgement that they have an algorithm product as well as the IP.

F. I think that part of the TeNNs development will be in developing the models, which can be a time-consuming exercise, as the ChatGPT experience shows. Fortuntely we have Edge Impulse to assist.

G. The other thing that Sean did was to kill off the Akida 1 baby chip manufacture and sales. Of course, as he said, the problem at the low end of the market is that “near enuf is good enuf”. Not so for space, ADAS/AD or medical, etc.

I. Space is an ideal marketing flagship – harsh environment, limited power, autonomous action required due to inaccessibility.

All in all, I’m bullish, and I am buoyed by Sean’s confirmation of algorithms as a product.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users
Hi IdD,

A. I would hope that UCP is not involved in the criminal activity of share price manipulation. I’ve heard some CRs include an embargo on lending shares to shorters.

B. ICE v EVs – ADAS/AD will still need all the sensors and 5 kW is 5kW whether it’s petrol or electrons. It could be as much as 5% for an ICE and 6% for an EV. The main difference is in refuelling time.

C. Customer reluctance can be tied to range anxiety, refuelling time and lack of charging points (and petrol heads). The charger network continues to expand and battery tech, such as silicon loaded anodes (see, eg, Talga (ASX: TLG)), will improve charging time and capacity.

D. Certainly recession must always be a consideration. Pulling up the drawbridge makes it a self-fulfilling prediction. If everyone has mass layoffs in preparation for a recession … I suppose it’s just musical chairs … just hope the music never stops.

E. As to the accuracy of AI classification, there are standards set out in the roadmap to AD. Mercedes is at Level 3 using Valeo’s SCALA 2. In the case of an unfamiliar or unrecognized situation, I assume the systems should be programmed to err on the side of caution. As in medical tech, it’s better to over-diagnose than to under-diagnose. It is my opinion that Valeo and Mercedes are using TeNNs software, and I’m reinforced in this belief by Sean’s recent acknowledgement that they have an algorithm product as well as the IP.

F. I think that part of the TeNNs development will be in developing the models, which can be a time-consuming exercise, as the ChatGPT experience shows. Fortuntely we have Edge Impulse to assist.

G. The other thing that Sean did was to kill off the Akida 1 baby chip manufacture and sales. Of course, as he said, the problem at the low end of the market is that “near enuf is good enuf”. Not so for space, ADAS/AD or medical, etc.

I. Space is an ideal marketing flagship – harsh environment, limited power, autonomous action required due to inaccessibility.

All in all, I’m bullish, and I am buoyed by Sean’s confirmation of algorithms as a product.
Hey Dio,

You raise some really good points,

A: I hope so too, but if there was a friend of a friend who was a 3rd party, who's to say?

B / C: Range anxiety is the real crux of the matter. If someone told you that you could only do 300km in you ICE car between stops, would you care? For a battery car you definitely would. And while there may be better technologies, some aren't available yet, and when they are do you think someone's going to swap out a recharger built with older technology that's been installed in the middle of the desert immediately? Unfortunately these things take time, just like consumers changing their mindsets.

D: That's a good point, and which probably contributes towards the wilder economy swings we see. The flip side is the recoveries are also usually a lot stronger.

E: I certainly hope so. Algorithms are a bit harder to quantify as they won't run as efficiently on other hardware but will still run with the high accuracies you're seeing. I would hope there were licensing agreements of sorts, or what's to stop someone running an algorithm on a different chip that's almost as good?

F: That's a fair point that I overlooked. They will need to train new models as TENNs uses more of an RNN architecture from memory. I still think $20m is still a stretch for this but Shaun didn't really allude to what timeframes he was talking about.

G: That's a bit of a conflicting one to me. If they were in the business of manufacturing chips, they'd need to allocate more staff towards something with higher overheads and smaller gains. This has the risk of higher costs upfront, and hence more capital raises. If they don't sell well, that's millions not being used that would lead to more capital raises. Space is better with rad-hard versions, which means more costs. Then there's storage and logistics, and what you could argue is a distraction from the main focus of the business. Shaun is focusing on the big customers in the hope that one big one will payoff for all the effort invested

H: I had some difficulty understanding this one

I: Fully agree. I'm guessing management were hoping a positive space story would have kept the SP afloat and may have had to change tack when the satellite went quiet. Could be part of the reason for the SPP.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Guzzi62

Regular
Hi IdD,

I completely fail to understand item G?? Why would he do that for?

That chip as I understand is fine for simpler tasks.

That could be the bread and butter chip selling in the many millions! Generating some income while we wait for TENNs to take off.

H: Stealth! Yea the military all over the world will be interested, LOL.

• Haha

Diogenese

Top 20
Hey Dio,

You raise some really good points,

A: I hope so too, but if there was a friend of a friend who was a 3rd party, who's to say?

B / C: Range anxiety is the real crux of the matter. If someone told you that you could only do 300km in you ICE car between stops, would you care? For a battery car you definitely would. And while there may be better technologies, some aren't available yet, and when they are do you think someone's going to swap out a recharger built with older technology that's been installed in the middle of the desert immediately? Unfortunately these things take time, just like consumers changing their mindsets.

D: That's a good point, and which probably contributes towards the wilder economy swings we see. The flip side is the recoveries are also usually a lot stronger.

E: I certainly hope so. Algorithms are a bit harder to quantify as they won't run as efficiently on other hardware but will still run with the high accuracies you're seeing. I would hope there were licensing agreements of sorts, or what's to stop someone running an algorithm on a different chip that's almost as good?

F: That's a fair point that I overlooked. They will need to train new models as TENNs uses more of an RNN architecture from memory. I still think $20m is still a stretch for this but Shaun didn't really allude to what timeframes he was talking about.

G: That's a bit of a conflicting one to me. If they were in the business of manufacturing chips, they'd need to allocate more staff towards something with higher overheads and smaller gains. This has the risk of higher costs upfront, and hence more capital raises. If they don't sell well, that's millions not being used that would lead to more capital raises. Space is better with rad-hard versions, which means more costs. Then there's storage and logistics, and what you could argue is a distraction from the main focus of the business. Shaun is focusing on the big customers in the hope that one big one will payoff for all the effort invested

H: I had some difficulty understanding this one

I: Fully agree. I'm guessing management were hoping a positive space story would have kept the SP afloat and may have had to change tack when the satellite went quiet. Could be part of the reason for the SPP.
H: NDA

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Top Bottom