BRN Discussion Ongoing

Dhm

Regular
I found this recent research article from 1 April 2022 VERRRY interesting! This work was funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research and some of the authors were employed by Infineon Technologies & BMW Group.

Spoiler alert. The article doesn't mention BrainChip. Is it just me but I find the absence is very telling especially in context of the last paragraph which states:

"When it comes to AI-based autonomous driving, ensuring functional safety of both software and hardware is a critical issue. The principles that are currently developed to support machine learning models (Henriksson et al., 2018; Mohseni et al., 2019) will also apply to SNNs. Similarly, neuromorphic hardware will have to fulfill the same standards as any automotive electronic system: adhere to temperature ranges, be resistant to vibrations, be deterministic and redundant, or contain self-monitoring. For that reason, only digital neuromorphic systems are candidates for integration in cars, while the use of analog or mixed-signal neuromorphic hardware seems out of scope at the moment due to their intrinsic variability. Hence, we suggest to focus on advanced digital systems such as SpiNNaker2 (Yan et al., 2021) or Loihi2 (Orchard et al., 2021) to further explore neuromorphic hardware for automotive radar processing and automated driving in general."

Automotive Radar Processing With Spiking Neural Networks: Concepts and Challenges​

Front. Neurosci., 01 April 2022

PS: Not trying to start a trend. But do we need to email these authors too? 🤭
Hi @Bravo77 you may recall I emailed Bernard Vogginger, asking about Akida and why it was not also reviewed. Well, he wrote back last night. As I am not well versed in the world where I can respond to Bernhard, could the more intelligent posters (@Diogenese !) lead me to the peer reviewed articles and other issues he mentions?

Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 8.53.28 am.png

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 31 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
Hi @Bravo77 you may recall I emailed Bernard Vogginger, asking about Akida and why it was not also reviewed. Well, he wrote back last night. As I am not well versed in the world where I can respond to Bernhard, could the more intelligent posters (@Diogenese !) lead me to the peer reviewed articles and other issues he mentions?

View attachment 4770
Hi Dhm, perhaps you should just provide an overview of other companies who have tested it and are progressing with it but direct him to Brainchip and Anil for the details of technical stuff, I would hate for incorrect information to be supplied on technical details.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 users

Dhm

Regular
perhaps you should just provide an overview of other companies who have tested it and are progressing with it but direct him to Brainchip and Anil for the details of technical stuff, I would hate for incorrect information to be supplied on technical details.
Yes that is a good idea, but academics need peer reviewed scientific articles on a particular concept or product - Akida - in order for them to acknowledge and recognise its purpose.

Reactions: 3 users

Taproot

Regular

View attachment 4770
Or, send him this link:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users
Hi Dhm
I think what you need to do as he is playing the ‘I’m an academic and above reproach’ card is politely advise him you have referred his request to the Brainchip Research facility in Perth to respond.

Then forward his email to Tony Dawe for Brainchip to decide what information they wish to provide. Brainchip has an academic and university research engagement program.

His stance that he was aware of Brainchip and accepted the hearsay comments of a couple of other academics makes clear he had another agenda when writing this paper.
My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 53 users

Taproot

Regular
Reactions: 2 users

Dhm

Regular
Hi Dhm
I think what you need to do as he is playing the ‘I’m an academic and above reproach’ card is politely advise him you have referred his request to the Brainchip Research facility in Perth to respond.

Then forward his email to Tony Dawe for Brainchip to decide what information they wish to provide. Brainchip has an academic and university research engagement program.

His stance that he was aware of Brainchip and accepted the hearsay comments of a couple of other academics makes clear he had another agenda when writing this paper.
My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
As always, the voice of logic and reason. Thanks FF

Edit: email sent to Tony.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

MrNick

Regular
Hi Dhm, perhaps you should just provide an overview of other companies who have tested it and are progressing with it but direct him to Brainchip and Anil for the details of technical stuff, I would hate for incorrect information to be supplied on technical details.
Agree with that perspective.

Mugen74

Regular
Hi Dhm

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
So hes been in the neuromorphic computing scene for a few years but replies like a WANCA??

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users
Hi Dhm

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hi Dhm
I just read your further post. Brainchip does not have a lot of peer reviewed papers as they are a commercial entity bringing a commercial product to market with patent protection.

You can destroy your own patent by publishing a peer reviewed paper in advance of filing for a patent because it will be claimed your patent is trying to protect publicly available information which you have released yourself.

In consequence Peter van der Made has deliberately not published because their research is ongoing and patents are being regularly lodged to cover this further research.

Just leave it to Brainchip. You have kicked him in the shins.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 46 users
Hi Dhm
I just read your further post. Brainchip does not have a lot of peer reviewed papers as they are a commercial entity bringing a commercial product to market with patent protection.

You can destroy your own patent by publishing a peer reviewed paper in advance of filing for a patent because it will be claimed your patent is trying to protect publicly available information which you have released yourself.

In consequence Peter van der Made has deliberately not published because their research is ongoing and patents are being regularly lodged to cover this further research.

Just leave it to Brainchip. You have kicked him in the shins.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Hi again Dhm
A small correction or perhaps expansion the paper that can destroy your patent does not have to be peer reviewed to carry this risk. Any published work peer reviewed or not by you can be relied upon by a third party to defend an allegation by you that they are in breach of your patent.

Peter van der Made as you probably know published a book ‘Higher Intelligence’ and when I first started researching Brainchip I paid $55.00 on Amazon for a copy.

I read it to be sure that it was not a book where he was giving away for free the basis of his technology break through thus destroying the future value of his patent protection. It was not in my opinion that type of book. Thank goodness.

I have knowledge in my field which is the law but anyone can read about patents and how to ensure you end up with a strong valid patent good against all the world.

The first thing you need is the idea. The second thing you need is no ego and the ability to keep your mouth shut until all you idea/s are protected by patents.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

Cyw

Regular
Any insight or comment for the agenda at the next AGM? Is there any issues to consider before voting?

jk6199

Regular
Some big trades already.

Is it shorters trying to get out, or big players getting in?

• Haha
  • Fire
Some big trades already.

Is it shorters trying to get out, or big players getting in?
Might be both at the same time unless shorters are selling to shorters. LOL FF

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Yak52

Regular
The ASX DUMPED massively at the open down 115 points or 1.46%.

BRN followed suit, with probably a lot of stop losses triggered on the way down!

Main thing is NOT to give them your shares at this (dumped) low SP. Company (BRN) is the same as yesterday when @$1.015.

This reeks of an ASX wide manipulation by the INSTOs as so far I have been unable to find a cause for this negative sentiment of the ASX.
Not the first time for this to happen either!
Most of my watchlists are in the RED and some quite deeply.

Yak52.

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

BRN followed suit, with probably a lot of stop losses triggered on the way down!

Main thing is NOT to give them your shares at this (dumped) low SP. Company (BRN) is the same as yesterday when @$1.015.

This reeks of an ASX wide manipulation by the INSTOs as so far I have been unable to find a cause for this negative sentiment of the ASX.

Yak52.
@Yak52 this is the police. Put your hands on your head and step away from the markets. Do not make any sudden moves. That’s right move away from the markets. Keep moving now take your hands from your head. Sit down at the table and have a coffee.

Right team good work you can pack up and return to the station.

Another retail shareholder saved should be a Commissioner’s commendation in this one boys.

FF.

• Haha
Reactions: 28 users

Baisyet

Regular
Thought bubble
Imagine BRN being one of the Lithium miner and amount of research and the positive news that has been flowing and Big Brand using it. Can you imagine SP then. :p . Its just beyond anyone's imagination dont know who is playing or what is happening with BRN SP
:p

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users
The only good news I heard on the radio this morning was that there are now more whales swimming around the worlds oceans than at anytime in mankind’s history on Earth. How cool is that but obviously not something that drives the share market.

An election, a war, US inflation, Albo having Covid, Boris not being truthful, France becoming far right wing, energy shortages in Europe, starvation in poorer countries and Russia and Nth Korea rattling nuclear missiles, China bribing its way to Solomon Islands supremacy out weighs the whales. 😞

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

Baisyet

Regular
The only good news I heard on the radio this morning was that there are now more whales swimming around the worlds oceans than at anytime in mankind’s history on Earth. How cool is that but obviously not something that drives the share market.

An election, a war, US inflation, Albo having Covid, Boris not being truthful, France becoming far right wing, energy shortages in Europe, starvation in poorer countries and Russia and Nth Korea rattling nuclear missiles, China bribing its way to Solomon Islands supremacy out weighs the whales. 😞

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thats so True.
And if i am not mistaken Soloman Island is very corrupt, I had invested in Axiom Mining which was exploring in Solomon Island, it was so very hard to see what they had to go through and at the end its was de listed and all sort of trouble.

• Sad

Dang Son

Regular

Yak52.
Hi Yak
It's days like this (or everyday for that matter) that ASIC should note the impact of Bots on this country's equity and remedy the rules that apply. IMO

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Top Bottom