BRN Discussion Ongoing

View attachment 66878
dumb-and-dumber-lloyd-christmas.gif

Genuine chance of us having something to do with this, what with our relationship with OnSemi, the talk of range extension through operational control and the prior known work, with Mercedes, on the same things, with their EQXX concept car 😉

Or not? 🤔...
What are we paying you for Diogenese?..

On reading the OnSemi blurb, it sounds more like just the "Silicon Carbide" technology?..

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Just a reminder. Lorser Industries have been playing with Akida for over 12 Months now.

Latest Company Updates:

June 2023
- BrainChip Holdings Ltd, a renowned name in neuromorphic AI, IP & Lorser Industries Inc, a leader in system level manufacturing & integration have lately unveiled that they will utilize the technology of BrainChip’s Akida to provide neuromorphic computing solutions for the SDR or software defined radio. The joint venture will help in leveraging Lorser’s skill in SDR manufacturing and design and the cutting-edge neuromorphic technology of BrainChip’s for creating innovative, intelligent solutions which augment the reliability, adaptability, and scale of the SDR devices.

Recent Developments

Lorser Industries CEO, Diane Serban stated that they believe neuromorphic computing technology is indeed the future of ML/AI & an SDR with the neuromorphic ML/AI capacity that will provide users significantly more efficiency, flexibility, and functionality. The Akida IP and processor is the ultimate solution for the SDR devices owing to its high performance, low power consumption, and above all its ability of learning on-chip, post deployment in the field.

Lorser and BrainChip share the common interest to create intelligent devices which can manage communication in an array of evolving and different environments. The former with its expertise in the advanced SDR technology indeed is the right partner for them to work with on the breakthrough gadget with the ability of using ML/AI for identifying patterns, detecting anomalies, and also intelligently adapting to various scenarios.

Akida in fact, powers the next-generation AI in various scientific, automotive, home as well as industrial environments. The completely customizable, digital, event-based AI neural processor & IP is perfect for advanced ML/AI like ADAS/autonomous systems, high-end video object detection, medical devices with an extended battery life, and intelligent sensors.

https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/reports/neuromorphic-computing-market/companies

SC

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
@Frangipani and I have posted about Nimble AI before. I've noticed that their recent content no longer mention Brainchip and the AKIDA 1500. It appears we've been overshadowed by IMEC, a multi-billion-dollar company and research partner on the Nimble project. IMEC is heavily involved in nearly every EU-sponsored neuromorphic project and has been developing their own SNN for several years. What is news is that In Q1 2025, IMEC plans to do a foundry run of their SNN based neuromorphic processor called SENeCA (Scalable Energy-efficient Neuromorphic Computer Architecture).

1721688962008.png

1721688990636.png

Some details on SENeCA are in the below paper (few years old now).

Are they developing the hardware/processor, though the IP may not be in-house? Hard to tell from the info online around SENeCA. Other aspects that make me wonder about the use of Akida as the IP include reference to digital IP, RISC-V based architecture and designed for GF22nm.

I thought this was worth mentioning as IMEC could be a customer or a potential rival. If they're doing a foundry run Q1 2025 and we're involved, would expect some kind of IP license or arrangement prior. Would line up with Seans comments around deals before end of 2024.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

TheDrooben

Pretty Pretty Pretty Pretty Good
Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Tezza

Regular
@Frangipani and I have posted about Nimble AI before. I've noticed that their recent content no longer mention Brainchip and the AKIDA 1500. It appears we've been overshadowed by IMEC, a multi-billion-dollar company and research partner on the Nimble project. IMEC is heavily involved in nearly every EU-sponsored neuromorphic project and has been developing their own SNN for several years. What is news is that In Q1 or Q2 2025, IMEC plans to do a foundry run of their SNN based neuromorphic processor called SENeCA (Scalable Energy-efficient Neuromorphic Computer Architecture).

View attachment 66880

View attachment 66881

Some details on SENeCA are in the below paper (few years old now).

Are they developing the hardware/processor, though the IP may not be in-house? Hard to tell from the info online around SENeCA. Other aspects that make me wonder about the use of Akida as the IP include reference to digital IP, RISC-V based architecture and designed for GF22nm.

I thought this was worth mentioning as IMEC could be a customer or a potential rival. If they're doing a foundry run Q1 2025 and we're involved, would expect some kind of IP license or arrangement prior. Would line up with Seans comments around deals before end of 2024.
Surely the longer we go without ip deals the more chance competitors will hit the market. Ai and edge ai is booming, companies are partnering with companies and developing this and that, yet we still have no real revenue and no new ip deals. Becoming scary.

Reactions: 2 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

SoftBank’s Chief Pitches a New Path for Self-Driving Cars​

Masayoshi Son, the billionaire founder of SoftBank, is trying to rally automakers around the world to join forces on autonomous-driving technologies.

Masayoshi Son standing in front of a podium with the words SoftBank Group on it, speaking to a crowd.

Masayoshi Son, the chief executive of SoftBank, spoke enthusiastically at a shareholder meeting in Tokyo last month about “artificial super intelligence.”Credit...Yuichi Yamazaki/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images

By River Akira Davis
Reporting from Tokyo
July 22, 2024, 11:40 a.m. ET
Masayoshi Son has long prided himself on his ability to detect big shifts in technology early on. During his four decades leading SoftBank, a free-spending Japanese investment group, the billionaire has made some spectacularly successful investments. And some epic flops.
In recent months, Mr. Son has been laying out plans for a new big bet: self-driving cars.
Befitting his maverick approach, Mr. Son’s pitch does not resemble other efforts to develop autonomous vehicles. He is trying to convince automakers from around the world, rivals under most scenarios, to work together to use artificial intelligence to accelerate autonomous driving advances. That way, the thinking goes, they will be able to overcome the challenges that have led some to abandon self-driving car efforts.
In recent months, Mr. Son, 66, has summoned automotive executives to a tatami-mat-floored room at the top of a skyscraper in Tokyo Bay to discuss the idea, including the chief executives and autonomous-driving leaders of Honda Motor and Nissan Motor. He has also spoken with the chief executive of Uber.
Mr. Son’s vision is to assemble a group of auto companies across the United States, Japan and Europe that would pool resources, including the vehicle-driving data crucial to autonomous-driving systems, according to five people briefed on his plans who were not authorized to speak publicly.

Most driverless car projects today rely on high-definition maps to help vehicles navigate, but these maps can become outdated, and vehicles are restricted to operating only in certain areas. Mr. Son is pitching a model in which cars can navigate — potentially anywhere — using a powerful A.I. computer system that would guide vehicles through everything they encounter on roads. That system would need to be trained using massive amounts of data.
Spokespeople for SoftBank, Honda, Nissan and Uber declined to comment.
Two white cars on a road in China with other cars behind them.

In China, carmakers and technology companies are testing more driverless cars on public roads than their counterparts in other countries.Credit...Qilai Shen for The New York Times
SoftBank has a number of investments in A.I. and related industries, including a majority stake in the semiconductor design firm Arm. SoftBank would stand to benefit if technologies offered by the companies it has invested in were adopted by the autonomous vehicle coalition that Mr. Son hopes to assemble.
Mr. Son’s overtures come as self-driving vehicle efforts have hit a bumpy period. The technologies for these cars are expensive, difficult to develop and face intense regulatory scrutiny. Some major companies have recently become more cautious about pouring cash into these projects.
Apple recently abandoned its self-driving car efforts after years of development. Cruise, the General Motors self-driving subsidiary, removed its driverless cars from the road last year amid safety and legal concerns, though it has since resumed limited testing. The previous year, Ford Motor said it was shutting down Argo AI, its autonomous-driving venture.

Analysts say that China, which is testing more driverless cars on public roads than any other country, and Tesla, which has promised to unveil a “robotaxi” this year, are far ahead of most traditional automakers in developing autonomous vehicles. Even if the established American, European and Japanese auto giants were to band together under direction from SoftBank, there would be no certainty that they could catch up.
At the same time, some in the industry think the boom around A.I. is reinvigorating the development of self-driving. This is where Mr. Son, who is leading a multibillion-dollar effort to reinvent SoftBank as an A.I. powerhouse, comes in.
People walking with a pram, in front of a sign that says SoftBank.

Outside the headquarters of SoftBank in Tokyo in May. The conglomerate’s shares have recently hit record highs. Credit...Yuichi Yamazaki/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images
Through the years, Mr. Son has built a name for himself as one of the world’s most prolific and aggressive tech investors. Sensing the rise of e-commerce in China, Mr. Son invested $20 million in the internet company Alibaba in 2000. The investment ultimately became one of the most profitable in history, netting his company tens of billions of dollars. A less prescient bet on WeWork led to losses of more than $14 billion when the office-leasing company filed for bankruptcy late last year.
SoftBank has been on a tear recently, with its shares setting record highs thanks to better financial results from its investment unit and gains from its stake in Arm that, like other companies in the chip industry, has had its shares soar on enthusiasm for computing-heavy A.I. systems.

As of the end of March, Mr. Son had close to $40 billion of cash at SoftBank to back more rounds of the giant investments, emphatic pronouncements and whimsical, unicorn-stamped slide decks he is known for.
Last month, Mr. Son returned to the public spotlight for the first time in more than half a year — a period he said he spent reflecting, at times tearfully, on how SoftBank could lead the A.I. revolution. (Last year, Mr. Son told a shareholder meeting that he “couldn’t stop crying for days” at the thought of ending his career with investment losses.)
Speaking with a raspy voice at last month’s shareholder meeting, Mr. Son said that after several nights of fitful sleep, “his head was clear,” having rediscovered the purpose of his existence.
“SoftBank Group has done many things up until now. All of these were warming up for A.S.I.,” Mr. Son said, referring to what he calls “artificial super intelligence,” a form of A.I. that he defines as 10,000 times smarter than human intelligence. “Why was Masayoshi Son born?” he asked. “I was born to make A.S.I. a reality.”
Masayoshi Son standing on a stage, in front of a backdrop with charts and graphs.

Mr. Son wants to assemble a group of auto companies across the United States, Japan and Europe to pool resources in the development of self-driving cars.Credit...Toshifumi Kitamura/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images
During the shareholder meeting, Mr. Son dropped few hints about his plans, but spoke frequently about autonomous driving.

Like many other proponents of self-driving technology, Mr. Son says the point is not simply to save people from the chore of driving, but to reduce the number of people who die in accidents. In this way, “A.S.I. will be capable of saving us from despair,” he said at the shareholder meeting.
From a commercial perspective, several SoftBank-backed companies would most likely benefit from the alliance Mr. Son envisions.
Earlier this year, Mr. Son led a $1 billion investment in Wayve, a maker of A.I. systems for autonomous vehicles. Arm has also been trying to expand beyond the mobile processors it has long been known for and push deeper into the automotive business. The company recently unveiled a class of chip designs and other systems for self-driving cars.
Will Mr. Son’s autonomous-vehicle dreams ever materialize? Two people close to Mr. Son cautioned that the billionaire was full of ideas, including about self-driving cars, and that many of those ideas do not end up being put into practice. Autonomous driving is also just one part of Mr. Son’s broader plans for transforming society using A.I., they said.

Automotive executives approached by Mr. Son said they had lingering concerns about how much time and money A.I.-powered autonomous vehicles would take to develop, according to two people familiar with the executives’ thinking. Any cooperation between carmakers would also have to take increasingly strict antitrust scrutiny into account.
A car driving along a road in London.

Earlier this year, Mr. Son led a $1 billion investment in Wayve, a maker of A.I. systems for autonomous vehicles based in London.Credit...Wayve
But there is one part of Mr. Son’s pitch that auto industry leaders find particularly convincing: They need to find a way to hasten autonomous-driving efforts so that they are not left in the dust by the likes of Tesla and carmakers from China.
During one meeting, according to a person with knowledge of the event, Mr. Son was asked how, as he saw it, rival auto companies could compete with one another in self-driving cars if they all drew data from the same pool. His response was simple: with speed.

• Fire
  • Love

TopCat

Regular
I see Matt Hansen has joined Picknik Robotics. For those who don’t know, Matt was formerly AWS robotics and was a great contributor towards Ant61, so it’s probably safe to assume he’s worked with us.

IMG_0211.jpeg

IMG_0212.jpeg

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Gazzafish

Regular
View attachment 66879

Genuine chance of us having something to do with this, what with our relationship with OnSemi, the talk of range extension through operational control and the prior known work, with Mercedes, on the same things, with their EQXX concept car 😉

Or not? 🤔...
What are we paying you for Diogenese?..

On reading the OnSemi blurb, it sounds more like just the "Silicon Carbide" technology?..

View attachment 66878
So onsemi are working with Volkswagen. And based on the CES podcast with onsemi earlier this year

We have been having multiple “teams meetings” and are in deed partnered with onsemi. I’d encourage all to re-listen to the podcast as it has a lot of great info in it 👍. ALSO COVERED THE SMART deployment of airbags. Wasn’t Elon talking about smart deploying airbags a while back?? Exciting times ahead 😁👍

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Shadow59

Regular
Trading Halt!
Capital raise:oops:

• Wow
So onsemi are working with Volkswagen. And based on the CES podcast with onsemi earlier this year

We have been having multiple “teams meetings” and are in deed partnered with onsemi. I’d encourage all to re-listen to the podcast as it has a lot of great info in it 👍. ALSO COVERED THE SMART deployment of airbags. Wasn’t Elon talking about smart deploying airbags a while back?? Exciting times ahead 😁👍

The question Is, do we have anything at all to do with OnSemi's "EliteSiC M3e MOSFETs"??

Hoping @Diogenese can provide some insight..

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Cap raise!!!!!!!

1721692593251.png

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users

skutza

Regular
Ha, glad i bought more at 19.5c Nice timing, looks like I'll have to scrap up some more $$$ to buy at a discount. Never ending, money pit this company. When will i be repaid!!! ROFL

• Haha

Cardpro

Regular

Shadow59

Regular
I thought we were funded for a while. So I guess the question has to be asked why do we need more?

Tezza

Regular
Excitement was short lived

• Love

DK6161

Regular
This is great news! Capital raise suggests that we are gearing up for something BIG toward the end of the year. Perhaps funding for the next gen Akida V3?
You'd be stupid not to take up the offer.
Sean has great plan ahead for us!
Not advice.

Reactions: 1 users
Top Bottom