BRN Discussion Ongoing

5A2C4A3D-30EF-4A44-BC63-29F308CBFB2A.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
It is very difficult to understand from a layman’s prospective that BRN wasn’t chosen if we are three years ahead of everyone else ?. I am struggling to understand what the problem is as clearly something isn’t right or am I missing something ?.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

GDJR69

Regular
It is very difficult to understand from a layman’s prospective that BRN wasn’t chosen if we are three years ahead of everyone else ?. I am struggling to understand what the problem is as clearly something isn’t right or am I missing something ?.
I agree that something isn't working. We have revolutionary technology but after several years of availability no one since Megachips has signed on the dotted line for it. This certainly isn't what the company was expecting either (remember the explosive sale and exponential growth presentation at the AGM circa 2020 or 2021?). I'm not sure what the problem is but is it that the IP only business model isn't' working? I don't know what the answer is but I don't think anyone back in 2021 expected that halfway through 2024 we'd be sitting in the 20c range. I'm still expecting the company to get there but I hope that at board level some serious discussions are going on about why things have not worked out the way we thought they would to this point and what the road to success now looks like. We need to get traction or our 3 year advantage will be squandered and we risk being left behind.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 22 users

Dougie54

Regular
I agree that something isn't working. We have revolutionary technology but after several years of availability no one since Megachips has signed on the dotted line for it. This certainly isn't what the company was expecting either (remember the explosive sale and exponential growth presentation at the AGM circa 2020 or 2021?). I'm not sure what the problem is but is it that the IP only business model isn't' working? I don't know what the answer is but I don't think anyone back in 2021 expected that halfway through 2024 we'd be sitting in the 20c range. I'm still expecting the company to get there but I hope that at board level some serious discussions are going on about why things have not worked out the way we thought they would to this point and what the road to success now looks like. We need to get traction or our 3 year advantage will be squandered and we risk being left behind.
I too expected to be living a little better than when I started this BRN journey.at have the deposit on my Island paid in full.i am afraid it looks like we are going to be left behind instead of being the the leader.”Come on BRAINCHIP”

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Guzzi62

Regular
Maybe Akida isn't that much better than what different companies can do themselves?

If they can save money on a IP contract deal and still sell their own product, I am pretty sure they will go in that direction.

The TENN technology is still in the baby stage but I have some hope here.

If no deal is signed this year, it's starting to look very bleak IMO but we been promised so ...................!

Reactions: 9 users

Iseki

Regular
Maybe Akida isn't that much better than what different companies can do themselves?

If they can save money on a IP contract deal and still sell their own product, I am pretty sure they will go in that direction.

The TENN technology is still in the baby stage but I have some hope here.

If no deal is signed this year, it's starting to look very bleak IMO but we been promised so ...................!
Maybe companies don't want to take the risk of of developing a product with a small company that has no industry investors. eg TATA or Softbank or Valeo.

Reactions: 5 users

MrNick

Regular
But, it opens the door to a huge player grabbing BRN for themselves. Apple are always talking to hundreds of suitors for new implementation and those conversations will have been happening for years. What also happens with Apple is that their licences preclude suppliers selling their tech to anyone else. They claim certain rights over them and confidentiality is just one. So, do you fulfil your company's potential with one single huge client or hundreds with potentially a far larger ultimate audience creating greater ROI? Potato patato.

Diogenese

Top 20
There are a few reasons.

1. As you say the change of business model set back commercialization by a year or two and put the hockey sticks on hold.

2. Covid set the world back a year or two.

3. Then just when the green shoots of Akida 1 were beginning to show, we ploughed that back to plant Akida 2.

On the plus side:

A. Akida 2 in software simulation has been available to EAPs for a couple of years (see 3 above).

B. TeNNs is a whole new kettle of fish.

B. There is a rumour that some EAPs are moving to using Akida 2 simulation software commercially while Akida 2 silicon is finalized (Mercedes, Valeo, ...).

C. Edge Box is a powerful self-contained plug-and-play commercial/industrial system monitor demonstrating the prowess of Akida 1 which should generate some income this quarter.

D. The general AI zeitgeist.

E. The newly discovered enthusiasm for edge AI.

F. BRN's burgeoning ecosystem.

G. The pressure on the von Neumann processor makers to become truly AI-capable and save the planet.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 72 users
The conversation on a podcast recently about Chiplets seemed to me to be a good idea, but wether it is currently in play or not is a complete mystery . It does seem to be a gap between the IP only deal and the chiplet idea of an off the shelf BRN integrated design within a partnership but what would I know.
As you say this year is it as for a deal or two signed or we have big problems IMO.
Come on Sean

Reactions: 3 users

Guzzi62

Regular
Maybe companies don't want to take the risk of of developing a product with a small company that has no industry investors. eg TATA or Softbank or Valeo.
I don't think that will be a problem but the survival of the company depends of some big players starts using the technology.

But can a small player actually buy an akida 2 chip? Those small companies will not be buying a IP but just need a few hundreds chips for development and then larger quantities later on? I still don't fully understand what's going on here, yeah the IP deal route, I get that.
So whom are the little player actually contacting?

Calling Brainchip! Hi. I would like to buy 1000 Akida2 chips for development.

BRN: Fxxx off, we don't sell chips mate.

Ohh really? So where can we buy it?

BRN: You can't at the movement, please don't you dare wasting our time on such non important things, hanging up!!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users
Thank you for your email.

In response to your question, I think its important that we compare apples with apples and not get confused about were BrainChip sits in the broader AI space.

The Apple AI partnership represents the consolidation of the centralised Cloud-based AI players who are the primary drivers of growth in the AI sector at present, and over the past 10 years. These are businesses that depend on processing data in data centres and use Large Language Models (LLM's) that consume enormous amounts of electricity. That is not BrainChip's target market.

We do not intend to compete in that centralised Cloud-based market, because the advantages of Akida are specifically designed to operate at their best in an ultra-low power Edge AI environment, independent of the Cloud and the internet and processing data on or near the device, not in a data centre.

Our forecast of having a multi-year lead over our competitors is in reference to the Edge AI market, where Akida's unique neuromorphic AI technology was designed to be implemented. The Edge AI space is growing rapidly and will become a large and emerging part of the broader AI space in the years ahead, but for now the Open AI and Apple's of this world are the dominant players and they are consolidating to protect their share of the traditional Cloud-based AI market.

Regards

Outlook-Shape  Des.png

Tony Dawe
Director, Global Investor Relations
+61 (0)405 989 743

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 61 users

7für7

Regular
I see things a bit differently. I don't want to start again with the usual phrases like "we're still a startup," "new technology," etc. Put yourself in the shoes of a CEO from one of the tech giants. Would you blindly launch a new product without thoroughly testing its reliability? We heard it at the AGM from Sean. We've had high-level talks, reached the final decision-making phases, and were never eliminated. I don't understand how these statements can be ignored and replaced with old clichés. Are you not listening to what is being communicated? You can decide for yourself how to handle your investment. I don't think those who ended the day of the meeting with a smile on their face are now influenced by negative comments from anonymous forum members who lack insider insight. Personal opinions about a stock's value have nothing to do with a company's real situation! Just my opinion! Plus, there are sales related to tax reasons. Put a bit more positivity in your life. Believe in something.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

MegaportX

Regular
1718074802275.png

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
There are a few reasons.

1. As you say the change of business model set back commercialization by a year or two and put the hockey sticks on hold.

2. Covid set the world back a year or two.

3. Then just when the green shoots of Akida 1 were beginning to show, we ploughed that back to plant Akida 2.

On the plus side:

A. Akida 2 in software simulation has been available to EAPs for a couple of years (see 3 above).

B. TeNNs is a whole new kettle of fish.

B. There is a rumour that some EAPs are moving to using Akida 2 simulation software commercially while Akida 2 silicon is finalized (Mercedes, Valeo, ...).

C. Edge Box is a powerful self-contained plug-and-play commercial/industrial system monitor demonstrating the prowess of Akida 1 which should generate some income this quarter.

D. The general AI zeitgeist.

E. The newly discovered enthusiasm for edge AI.

F. BRN's burgeoning ecosystem.

G. The pressure on the von Neumann processor makers to become truly AI-capable and save the planet.

Inbetween 2 and 3, you left out the Ukraine War, which began in February 2022 and led to the sharpest rate of interest rate rises, from May 2022, in Australia's history (14 interest rate rises to the highest in 12 years).

It was the single most depressive event, in recent history, that has had lasting consequences and couldn't be "stimulated" out of, because of all the stimulus already made, causing too much inflation.

All major economies, had these sharp interest rate rises, after years of excessive accomodative stimulation.

Covid, ended up being a boon for investments.
The Ukraine War, not so much..

This hampered new business, around the World and especially for businesses treading completely new ground.

Risk aversion was very high.

I think the biggest thing, preventing actual "sign on the bottom line" proposals now, is how fast technology and developments are happening and progressing.

The software approach hypothesis, you have with Mercedes and Valeo, gets around this, but at some stage silicon has to be a better option..

I still believe deals will be forthcoming soon.

• Fire
Reactions: 25 users

itsol4605

Regular
The race for Edge AI is far from begun.

Reactions: 3 users

Sosimple

Regular
Bought 15000 BRN today
Bringing me back to the same total holding I had five years ago 😁

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

toasty

Regular
Inbetween 2 and 3, you left out the Ukraine War, which began in February 2022 and led to the sharpest rate of interest rate rises, from May 2022, in Australia's history (14 interest rate rises to the highest in 12 years).

It was the single most depressive event, in recent history, that has had lasting consequences and couldn't be "stimulated" out of, because of all the stimulus already made, causing too much inflation.

All major economies, had these sharp interest rate rises, after years of excessive accomodative stimulation.

Covid, ended up being a boon for investments.
The Ukraine War, not so much..

This hampered new business, around the World and especially for businesses treading completely new ground.

Risk aversion was very high.

I think the biggest thing, preventing actual "sign on the bottom line" proposals now, is how fast technology and developments are happening and progressing.

The software approach hypothesis, you have with Mercedes and Valeo, gets around this, but at some stage silicon has to be a better option..

I still believe deals will be forthcoming soon.
Hasn't stopped some competitors from signing deals and making substantial gains in their share prices............

• Fire
  • Love
Top Bottom