BRN Discussion Ongoing

Frangipani

Regular
It looks like an opened Raspberry Pi device, with one end of the ribbon cable attached to the PCIe port, and the other to the BrainChip PCIe card. One can tell from the outline of the Akida board that it is the same shape too. Unfortunately, they didn't photograph the side that had the AKD1000 chip on it, but the outline and size are nearly identical in that shot. I was surprised by how small the Akida PCIe board was when I received it.

I can't help but wonder when I see videos, papers, and blog posts that are intentionally vague about the neuromorphic hardware being evaluated or used, that the people publishing these feel as if they have stumbled upon a goldmine and want to share their profound advancements while at the same time keeping their competitive edge. Of course, with BrainChip being the only commercially available IP right now, it makes it a little easier to venture a more accurate guess. Pixel-hunting the code on the computer screen in the video is the real capper.

It's a stark difference between those companies touting the use of existing AI accelerator hardware from companies, whether they are public or privately held. I think those companies brave enough to embrace neuromorphic technology for their future will be very glad they did.

You know what is weird?

I took a couple of screenshots of that video on May 17 (and yes, including one of that giveaway code 😉) - as you can see, someone had already wondered in the comments what neuromorphic hardware had been used…

22FEF9F2-0410-4A14-BD7C-34EEEB9F895D.jpeg

Strangely, this comment seems to have been deleted since?

It says “3 comments” now, but only the last two (made today) show up for me? Can anyone else still see the first one? 🤔

If those two new comments vanish into thin air as well, we can be pretty sure the researchers indeed want to keep it a secret what neuromorphic hardware they have been using…

790D73FC-13F2-410E-977D-F1925B472ED4.jpeg

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 18 users

CHIPS

Regular
You know what is weird?

I took a couple of screenshots of that video on May 17 (and yes, including one of that giveaway code 😉) - as you can see, someone had already wondered in the comments what neuromorphic hardware had been used…

View attachment 63681

Strangely, this comment seems to have been deleted since?

It says “3 comments” now, but only the last two (made today) show up for me? Can anyone else still see the first one? 🤔

If those two new comments vanish into thin air as well, we can be pretty sure the researchers indeed want to keep it a secret what neuromorphic hardware they have been using…

View attachment 63683

@Frangipani Can you post the link, please?
EDIT: See next Post.

Last edited:

CHIPS

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Baneino

Regular
I think so too. I would rather wait 5 more years and live with the increasing SP than get 2.50$ now.
Brainchip is and remains a company with enormous potential. We are just at the beginning. Every company starts small. Some are swallowed up by large ones but develop independently and become giants. Nvidia, for example, has become such a giant. Others were giants and did a lot of things wrong that ultimately brought them down, for example Nokia. Brainchip's path is open and none of us know where or how the journey will go. But one thing is for sure this company has the latest shit and it costs. And I'm not talking about a share price of 10$, I'm talking about several hundred dollars per share. Just my opinion. On that note.

Greetings from Germany

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

7für7

Regular
They definitely need brainchips akida! We could improve this product in every aspect. Save time, getting faster and what also is very important.. save money! They wouldn’t need internet connection all the time etc ….(It’s a pity we have not the money to buy them. It would be a nice product if we would change some things on it 😅) I was Reading they want to sell the company

Reactions: 5 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Aramaco Ventures & Qualcomm just announced their collaboration on several technologies including artificial intelligence.

Coincidentally:
  • In February 2022, Aramaco Ventures via its Prosperity7 Ventures fund, also led Rain AI's neuromorphic chip start up $25M funding round.
  • In September 2022, Aramaco Ventures via its Prosperity7 Ventures fund invested in Prophesee.
  • In December 2023, the Joe Biden administration forced a Saudi Aramco-backed venture capital firm to sell its shares in Rain AI.

Screenshot 2024-05-26 at 10.45.39 am.png
Screenshot 2024-05-26 at 10.47.50 am.png

Extract Only

Screenshot 2024-05-26 at 10.59.22 am.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
Found it. This is what I see, but it is Saturday. Wait till Monday, they are not working at weekends, I guess.

View attachment 63691
FTR, I posted the "most likely...." comment, and will be interesting to see what happens on Monday.

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

grey-cat-thinking-qx9f9ww6xkjp8koo.gif

Valeo presents Valeo Racer, a new extended reality in-car gaming experience developed with Unity, at South by Southwest 2024​

Real-time technologies integrate to unlock new level of Automotive experience

MARCH 4, 2024 – At South by Southwest 2024 in Austin, Texas, Valeo, a world leader in mobility technology, will present a world first: Valeo Racer, a new extended reality in-car gaming experience for passengers developed using Unity.

With Valeo Racer, every ride becomes a special and fun experience, be it for a short commute or a longer journey. The game integrates the vehicle’s real surroundings, including buildings, roads and traffic, offering unique experiences and challenges every time.
Valeo-Racer-Concept_Bezel-1024x645.png

Valeo Racer is the first extended reality video game to combine live video and world perception of the real environment with digital gaming elements. The “infinite runner” game is generated by a software stack developed by Valeo. It uses the vehicle’s existing Advanced Driving Assistance Systems (ADAS), including cameras, radar and ultrasonic sensors, and artificial intelligence perception algorithms to insert the car’s real-time environment data into Unity’s Runtime to generate game elements. The Runtime is a proprietary component of the game engine that handles various critical components of the game, rendering high-performance graphics, managing user input and interactions, coordinating game components, supporting real-time physics simulation, animation, scripting languages, asset management, and networking – all on the end device. The result allows passengers to play on their phone or tablet connected with in-vehicle wifi and even compete with each other during trips.
Geoffrey Bouquot, EVP Strategy and CTO at Valeo says, “Valeo strives to offer car manufacturers new solutions and technologies to meet fast-evolving needs and expectations of drivers and passengers. As vehicles are equipped with more sensors and software to support driving assistance and autonomous driving systems, we see opportunities to reuse sensors and computing power already onboard to support new entertainment experiences. Working with Unity teams and relying on their amazing expertise in gaming to insert digital elements into our live feed of the vehicle environment has been a great journey of partnership and innovation, and we look forward to blazing new trails together.”
Unity, which has long been a cornerstone of game development, has gained a lot of traction within the Automotive industry. The Unity Engine is used throughout the sector from pre production design concepts and ADAS simulation tools through to production infotainment systems deployed in vehicles.
Marc Whitten, Chief Product and Technology Officer, Unity says, “The Valeo Racer experience highlights how Unity can be used in the end-to-end production cycle within the automotive industry by uniting real-time technologies. We hope the unique experience developed with Valeo serves as a template for engineers and creators to think beyond the use of our technology for just safety, to ultimate passenger satisfaction – front seat and back.”
Relying on Valeo’s unmatched expertise in both hardware and software for ADAS and Unity Runtime, Valeo Racer offers passengers a re-imagined infotainment experience. As the automotive industry evolves toward autonomous and connected vehicles, in-car entertainment will become increasingly important to enhance the overall user experience for passengers. Valeo Racer is an on road demonstration of how Valeo’s Automotive XR gaming Software Development Kit could help car manufacturers offer new in-vehicle entertainment powered by existing equipment.
Join us to try the Valeo Racer demo at the Valeo exhibit at Comedor – 501 Colorado Street, March 10 to 12.

PS: (1.10 mins) " A lot of conversations around artificial intelligence around XR, around edge computing".
PSS: Someone drops the F bomb at the 1.31 minute mark 🤭

It also should be noted that Mercedes partnered with game engine developer Unity to upgrade its navigation system to the new MB.OS to support 3D navigation, gaming, etc..

Screenshot 2024-05-26 at 1.05.25 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users
They definitely need brainchips akida! We could improve this product in every aspect. Save time, getting faster and what also is very important.. save money! They wouldn’t need internet connection all the time etc ….(It’s a pity we have not the money to buy them. It would be a nice product if we would change some things on it 😅) I was Reading they want to sell the company

Dude.. You're sad we don't have 750 to one billion US dollars, to buy that monstrosity?..

Yes, we could make it "better" but there is so much wrong with the concept and execution..
I think it's better crushed.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

7für7

Regular
Dude …. 🤡
I don't understand what bothers you about my post now. Random nonsense is constantly being written here and directly linked to BrainChip without the slightest proof or any connection. This also applies to applications that would disappear into oblivion in the open market. But my post bothers you, even though it would have potential if it were made more attractive with some improvements….have a nice Sunday and relax …don’t take everything serious and personally…

Reactions: 3 users

IMG_1851.jpeg

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

TECH

Regular
Aramaco Ventures & Qualcomm just announced their collaboration on several technologies including artificial intelligence.

Coincidentally:
  • In February 2022, Aramaco Ventures via its Prosperity7 Ventures fund, also led Rain AI's neuromorphic chip start up $25M funding round.
  • In September 2022, Aramaco Ventures via its Prosperity7 Ventures fund invested in Prophesee.
  • In December 2023, the Joe Biden administration forced a Saudi Aramco-backed venture capital firm to sell its shares in Rain AI.

View attachment 63700 View attachment 63699

Extract Only

View attachment 63701

Right Place, Right Time, Right Team, Right Targeted Approach....the writing is on the wall...investment opportunities of this potential
magnitude should never be ignored in my view.

Tech.

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users
Dude …. 🤡
I don't understand what bothers you about my post now. Random nonsense is constantly being written here and directly linked to BrainChip without the slightest proof or any connection. This also applies to applications that would disappear into oblivion in the open market. But my post bothers you, even though it would have potential if it were made more attractive with some improvements….have a nice Sunday and relax …don’t take everything serious and personally…
Hey 7, it doesn't bother me at all, nor did I take it seriously, I was actually poking fun at it 😛

I just don't think it's a good idea.
If it worked properly, it would be okay for sight impaired people..

But I don't think "regular" folk, would be caught dead wearing it, unless they're a complete dork..

Sam Altman, is apparently working on a similar project, so "he" sees merit in the idea (note above comment) and he's doing just a bit better than me 🙄...

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Coincidentally:

View attachment 63700 View attachment 63699

Extract Only

View attachment 63701

Hmmm ... it never Rains*, but it's poor.

The original Rain AI analog random nanowire tech, which was also backed by Sam Altman to the tune of $50M of OpenAi's money (and a little of his own) was a complete fizzer, and they are now pursuing a totally different digital approach.

Their random nanowire NN, which so beguiled Altman and the Saudis, confused the brain's complexity with chaos.

US2023023533A1 MEMRISTIVE DEVICE 20200218

1716707680876.png

[0035] As indicated in the cross-sectional view of FIG. 3 B, not all nanowires 310 have electrodes located at the same cross-sectional cut. Although electrodes 350 are arranged in a rectangular array, memristive device 300 is not a crossbar array. Instead, nanowires 310 are dispersed on substrate 302 . In some embodiments, nanowires 310 are randomly or pseudo-randomly distributed across substrate 302 . In some embodiments, nanowires 310 have a distribution that is replicated multiple times across substrate. However, the arrangement of nanowires 310 in a particular replication may not be ordered. In other embodiments, the distribution of nanowires 310 may not be random or pseudo-random, but is not an ordered array. For example, two nanowires 310 may cross in multiple locations.

Rain have now moved on to what they call digital-in-memory, but this patent application is for analog-in-memory with DAC/ADC.

WO2024091680A1 COMPUTE IN-MEMORY ARCHITECTURE FOR CONTINUOUS ON-CHIP LEARNING 20221028

1716707806176.png
1716708312571.png

[0036] FIG. 3 depicts an embodiment of a cell in one embodiment of an SRAM CIM module usable for CIM module 230 . Also shown is DAC 202 of compute engine 200 . For clarity, only one SRAM cell 310 is shown. However, multiple SRAM cells 310 may be present. For example, multiple SRAM cells 310 may be arranged in a rectangular array. An SRAM cell 310 may store a weight or a part of the weight. The CIM module shown includes lines 302 , 304 , and 318 , transistors 306 , 308 , 312 , 314 , and 316 , capacitors 320 (Cs) and 322 (CL ). In the embodiment shown in FIG. 3 , DAC 202 converts a digital input voltage to differential voltages, V1 and V2 , with zero reference. These voltages are coupled to each cell within the row. DAC 202 is thus used to temporal code differentially. Lines 302 and 304 carry voltages V1 and V2 , respectively, from DAC 202 . Line 318 is coupled with address decoder 270 (not shown in FIG. 3 ) and used to select cell 310 (and, in the embodiment shown, the entire row including cell 310 ), via transistors 306 and 308.

So what does Rain have up its sleeve? (wet elbow, cold shoulder, goosebumps, ...)

Gordon Wilson Co-founder & Executive Advisor​

CEO at Rain for 6 years, Gordon laid the foundation for Rain to become a leading AI infrastructure company. He is a lifelong storyteller and scientific communicator.

Say no more ...

I think the Biden administration has done the Saudis a favour.

* ... in southern California, ...

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

7für7

Regular
Hey 7, it doesn't bother me at all, nor did I take it seriously, I was actually poking fun at it 😛

I just don't think it's a good idea.
If it worked properly, it would be okay for sight impaired people..

But I don't think "regular" folk, would be caught dead wearing it, unless they're a complete dork..

Sam Altman, is apparently working on a similar project, so "he" sees merit in the idea (note above comment) and he's doing just a bit better than me 🙄...
Hey dingo, I am slowly losing the ability to distinguish fun, slight provocations, and irony from seriousness, especially since some people react so allergically. I also meant my post as a little joke... Nevertheless, I find this technology to be groundbreaking for a communication device. Whether it is fully developed now is another question. They were probably too greedy

Top Bottom