BRN Discussion Ongoing

FJ-215

Regular
No. I very rarely comment on the forum, but read every day. I have a substantial 6 figure holding and have held for nearly 5 years. I've not heard of a company doing this before. Takeover bid in the air?
I've held for 7 years.

Had other shares where the board was under pressure and they went this route.

If only they could share more information with us........this might not be a problem...

Reactions: 10 users

JDelekto

Regular
Hi Dodgy,

This EETimes article dated 4 April 2024 provides the following details on Arm's U85 NPU.
View attachment 62809

I wonder how this U85 NPU's performance compares with the performance capabilities of AKIDA combined with Arm Cortex M-85? I remember watching Nandan's Arm Tech Talk in which he delved into AKIDA-P combined with Cortex M-85 but I don't beleive that he discussed any actual performance details unless I'm mistaken?

You would have to think that the comparative results exist somewhere and surely they would have to show show more than 4 TOPs performance.

The extract below is VERY interesting especially when you think that AKIDA 2.00 has been scaled up to 131TOPS.

EXTRACT
View attachment 62810

BrainChip published a document noting that 2 nodes on 14nm running @ 1GHz speed, will perform at about 1 TOPS or Tera Operations per second (or one trillion operations per second). 256 nodes will scale up to 131 TOPS. Higher clock speeds can be used if you scale to 7nm, so theoretically, it could be above 131 TOPS. Keep in mind that this supported 4-bit activations, whereas it seemed that demand was for up to 8-bit activations.

In a cursory look, I didn't find the performance measurements (in TOPS) of the AKD1000 processor and reference board. However, it is important to note that the manufactured chips were 28nm, and from Anil's presentation, contained 20 nodes (a total of 80 NPUs) in its neural fabric. He noted that this could run two or three different networks depending on the application.

Now Akida 2.0, according to this article, scales up to 128 nodes and 50 TOPS. This is a guess, but I wonder if the scalable support for up to 128 nodes (half that of Akida 1.0) is due to allowing 8-bit activations.

There was an interesting article on TOPs and why it is important for AI. They cite the speeds of various other processors (assuming they are accurate), such as Qualcomm's Snapdragon X Elite NPU running at 45 TOPS, and Intel's Lunar Lake CPUs with an NPU running at 45 TOPS. They also point out that a larger TOPS number is not necessarily better if the NPU is tuned for a specific task at a lower number of operations per second. BrainChip can run with the big dogs, yet they don't get the attention they deserve.

The article also quotes another Tom's Hardware article that points out that next-generation AI PCs will require about 40 TOPS of NPU performance. This, of course, is something that Akida 2.0 could easily accomplish if tuned to do this task. While targeting the Edge market, it seems like Akida could have the opportunity to participate in the next wave of AI PCs if they play their cards right.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Quatrojos

Regular
I've held for 7 years.

Had other shares where the board was under pressure and they went this route.

If only they could share more information with us........this might not be a problem...
Perhaps all you guys receiving phone calls should keep your cards close to your chest...

I know I would.

My reasoning: if you assure this cold caller, it might influence BRN into NOT releasing pertinent information.

We are close to success. NDAs are likely years into working with BRN. They are not likely to pull out if BRN releases a few tidbits here and there, are they?

This cold calling, if legit, seems to suggest that BRN are considering what to release to the market. If they're unsure as to how the vote will go, they might be forced to release info. This, as LTHs, is what we've all wanted. If we keep them guessing, they might be forced to show some of their hand. Frankly, I think we all deserve this...

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

BigDonger101

Founding Member
Perhaps all you guys receiving phone calls should keep your cards close to your chest...

I know I would.

My reasoning: if you assure this cold caller, it might influence BRN into NOT releasing pertinent information.

We are close to success. NDAs are likely years into working with BRN. They are not likely to pull out if BRN releases a few tidbits here and there, are they?

This cold calling, if legit, seems to suggest that BRN are considering what to release to the market. If they're unsure as to how the vote will go, they might be forced to release info. This, as LTHs, is what we've all wanted. If we keep them guessing, they might be forced to show some of their hand. Frankly, I think we all deserve this...
Yes... Although, jeopardising progress for sensitive information for your own curiosity / greed is somewhat selfish?

Don't take this the wrong way, but you could be shooting yourself in the foot.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I won't be agreeing to any buy out south of $15 / share.

View attachment 62805
Good to see BRN is still friends with Vorago after 4 years of silence.

https://brainchip.com/brainchip-and...te-through-the-akida-early-access-program-02/

Vorago has been fitting Akida for its space suit - which side does Akida dress on?

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Diogenese

Top 20

…. so do I Anil …..

View attachment 62796
ESA + Frontgarde + Akida?

Sandi Habinc, Frontgrade:

We have a news! We have been awarded a European Space Agency - ESA contract to design a new RISC-V International compliant processor IP core tailored to meet the requirements of microcontrollers for the space industry. 20240514

BrainChip and Frontgrade Gaisler to Augment Space-Grade Microprocessors with AI Capabilities

20240505 BrainChip and Frontgrade Gaisler to Augment Space-Grade Microprocessors with AI Capabilities Seite 1 - 05.05.2024 (wallstreet-online.de)

https://www.wallstreet-online.de/na...ce-grade-microprocessors-with-ai-capabilities

BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, and Frontgrade Gaisler, a leading provider of space-grade system-on-chip solutions, announce their collaboration to explore the integration of BrainChip’s AkidaTM neuromorphic processor into Frontgrade Gaisler’s next generation fault-tolerant, radiation-hardened microprocessors. This collaboration represents a significant milestone as it aims to introduce the first space-grade SoC worldwide with incorporated true artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities.

These next generation microprocessors would include BrainChip’s AI processing capabilities, thereby enabling a considerable step forward in the computing resources available for space-borne systems. In particular, the inclusion of the Akida neuromorphic processor aims to deliver compelling power efficiency and inference performance while maintaining compatibility with existing Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs).

“Adding AI capabilities to our next generation microprocessors would set a new standard for modern space-grade computing devices,” said Sandi Habinc, General Manager at Frontgrade Gaisler. “The success of this joint effort could empower organizations to leverage AI technology to enhance mission efficiency, ultimately advancing the frontiers of what is possible in space.”

Space programs are increasingly turning to neuromorphic AI technology to overcome the latency and power consumption demands that are hindering those within the sector. The goal in integrating AI and neuromorphic computing into space technology is to strengthen deployments that require more autonomy and adaptability by providing the ability to learn on device and adapt in environments with constantly changing variables.

“Ensuring the availability, accessibility and reliability of technology and devices utilized as part of spacecraft platforms and payloads is of utmost importance for the Agency and its state-of-the-art space missions,” said Ali Zadeh, Head of the Data Systems & Microelectronics Division at the European Space Agency. “Integrating neuromorphic capabilities in a space-grade SoC represents an exciting technological avenue for the next generation of space applications. A collaboration between Frontgrade Gaisler and BrainChip to utilize such advanced technologies for space is therefore very encouraging.”

“When we say that we are dedicated to growing AI everywhere, we mean it,” said Sean Hehir, CEO of BrainChip. “From everywhere on earth, to the edge of space, we are committed to helping develop devices that can provide the low cost, efficiency and on-sensor intelligence required in the most extreme conditions. Those participating in this latest leg of the Space Race will find a tremendous advantage in leveraging neuromorphic technology to overcome the challenges that would otherwise keep their missions grounded, or at least, limited
.”

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users

Kachoo

Regular
ESA + Frontgarde + Akida?

Sandi Habinc, Frontgrade:

We have a news! We have been awarded a European Space Agency - ESA contract to design a new RISC-V International compliant processor IP core tailored to meet the requirements of microcontrollers for the space industry. 20240514

BrainChip and Frontgrade Gaisler to Augment Space-Grade Microprocessors with AI Capabilities

20240505 BrainChip and Frontgrade Gaisler to Augment Space-Grade Microprocessors with AI Capabilities Seite 1 - 05.05.2024 (wallstreet-online.de)

https://www.wallstreet-online.de/na...ce-grade-microprocessors-with-ai-capabilities

BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, and Frontgrade Gaisler, a leading provider of space-grade system-on-chip solutions, announce their collaboration to explore the integration of BrainChip’s AkidaTM neuromorphic processor into Frontgrade Gaisler’s next generation fault-tolerant, radiation-hardened microprocessors. This collaboration represents a significant milestone as it aims to introduce the first space-grade SoC worldwide with incorporated true artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities.

These next generation microprocessors would include BrainChip’s AI processing capabilities, thereby enabling a considerable step forward in the computing resources available for space-borne systems. In particular, the inclusion of the Akida neuromorphic processor aims to deliver compelling power efficiency and inference performance while maintaining compatibility with existing Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs).

“Adding AI capabilities to our next generation microprocessors would set a new standard for modern space-grade computing devices,” said Sandi Habinc, General Manager at Frontgrade Gaisler. “The success of this joint effort could empower organizations to leverage AI technology to enhance mission efficiency, ultimately advancing the frontiers of what is possible in space.”

Space programs are increasingly turning to neuromorphic AI technology to overcome the latency and power consumption demands that are hindering those within the sector. The goal in integrating AI and neuromorphic computing into space technology is to strengthen deployments that require more autonomy and adaptability by providing the ability to learn on device and adapt in environments with constantly changing variables.

“Ensuring the availability, accessibility and reliability of technology and devices utilized as part of spacecraft platforms and payloads is of utmost importance for the Agency and its state-of-the-art space missions,” said Ali Zadeh, Head of the Data Systems & Microelectronics Division at the European Space Agency. “Integrating neuromorphic capabilities in a space-grade SoC represents an exciting technological avenue for the next generation of space applications. A collaboration between Frontgrade Gaisler and BrainChip to utilize such advanced technologies for space is therefore very encouraging.”

“When we say that we are dedicated to growing AI everywhere, we mean it,” said Sean Hehir, CEO of BrainChip. “From everywhere on earth, to the edge of space, we are committed to helping develop devices that can provide the low cost, efficiency and on-sensor intelligence required in the most extreme conditions. Those participating in this latest leg of the Space Race will find a tremendous advantage in leveraging neuromorphic technology to overcome the challenges that would otherwise keep their missions grounded, or at least, limited
.”
Dio,

Sandi made a comment that this is not an AI chip but a microcontroller? Would that eliminate Akida on the MCU run? Or is he deflecting the BRN comment in a way? I would assume you can make a smart MCU. What's your thought?

Thanks

Reactions: 3 users

Quatrojos

Regular
Yes... Although, jeopardising progress for sensitive information for your own curiosity / greed is somewhat selfish?

All I'm saying is that BRN seem to be preparing to alter their AGM presentation based upon their expectation of the vote. Holders have one chance per year to be heard. Why reassure them beforehand of the outcome? It doesn't make much sense to me...

I'm quite sure the board wouldn't jeopardise progress. They may just be inclined towards more communication if they feel uneasy. And this is what shareholders have wanted all along...

Reactions: 6 users

Quatrojos

Regular
All I'm saying is that BRN seem to be preparing to alter their AGM presentation based upon their expectation of the vote. Holders have one chance per year to be heard. Why reassure them beforehand of the outcome? It doesn't make much sense to me...

I'm quite sure the board wouldn't jeopardise progress. They may just be inclined towards more communication if they feel uneasy. And this is what shareholders have wanted all along...
The fact (if it is legit) that they are cold calling before the AGM strongly hints to me that they are deciding what they will say on the day. Otherwise, why would they even bother with polling beforehand. All I'm saying is that holders won't gain anything by showing their hand. But if they don't, maybe they will...

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Galaxycar

Regular
It’s funny how the only ones talking takeover are on this site, this share has been in play for two years now. They are about to get rid of directors through the second strike. The major shareholders who have been buying up every cheap share and manipulating the shareprice will now put their own directors up for vote. CHEAP takeover offer will come shortly after new board will recommend it, they walk away with a takeover price cheaper than they brought their collective shares,but still a bargain around the $1.00 mark average. Retail shareholders screwed over yet again.
Arm most likely culprit or we get a reverse takeover and they take the company private again. Last time I got cold called in a vote it was PRL to shareholders price was going south for coal and it was a fair offer from directors,except price of coal soared shortly after Shareholders screwed over nothing they could do. It’s about to happen again the plot has thickened, Ask yourself why the f—-k would you try to gauge how shareholders will vote ONE FUCKING WEEK OUT FROM THE AGM, we have been telling management for the last year 2 strike coming.
The two employees that just left probably wanted nothin to do with what is about to happen to shareholders,they are the good guys, You don’t get to the top with morals. Blind Freddy would have told you strike 2 was coming,but it’s all part of the pretence,the sorry retail shareholders there is nothing we can do. Of course this is only my opinion not financial advice DYOR. Could be all fiction but if it’s not, what if we are about to get screwed over by two major shareholders voting to put their own directors on the board. LAST LAUGH IS COMING.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Quatrojos

Regular

BigDonger, I wouldn't take the suggestion that I'm shooting myself in the foot the wrong way. But how about the suggestion that I'm greedy or somewhat selfish?

Diogenese

Top 20
Dio,

Sandi made a comment that this is not an AI chip but a microcontroller? Would that eliminate Akida on the MCU run? Or is he deflecting the BRN comment in a way? I would assume you can make a smart MCU. What's your thought?

Thanks
Hi Kachoo,

I missed Sandi's comment that this is not an AI chip. Can you provide a link?

Often AI is classified as an integral accelerator for a processor.

Akida needs a processor for configuration.

20240515 Sandi: "... ESA contract to design a new RISC-V International compliant processor IP core tailored to meet the requirements of microcontrollers for the space industry. "

We already know Akida is RISC-V compatible.

We know space requires SWaP.

We know Akida is the SWaPiest.

We know Frontgarde is collaborating with BRN to incorporate Akida into their next generation rad-hard microprocessors:

20240505 "BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, and Frontgrade Gaisler, a leading provider of space-grade system-on-chip solutions, announce their collaboration to explore the integration of BrainChip’s AkidaTM neuromorphic processor into Frontgrade Gaisler’s next generation fault-tolerant, radiation-hardened microprocessors.

We also know ESA is in love with/has been flirting with Akida.

https://brainchip.com/edgx-announce...sruptive-data-processing-solutions-for-space/

20231005 ...
EDGX and BrainChip are building up their partnership by signing a Non-binding Memorandum of Understanding at European Space Agency’s (ESA) EDHPC Conference, in Juan-les-Pins, France.
“What fascinates us the most about Akida is its capability to run in two different modes: Firstly, Akida can run conventional CNN, making it compatible with so many proven neural networks out there. But then, running in event-based mode, it cuts down power demand by orders of magnitude. And power is at premium in the space environment. Event based processing may easily open a door into a new realm of processing in space to do things which were not possible before,” said Laurent Hili, Microelectronics and Data Handling Engineer at ESA

I doubt ESA would be ordering a new processor without Akida.

FN: The above logic is impeccable - unfortunately Sandi has put the kibosh on it ...

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

Quatrojos

Regular

My selfishness and greed, just like all shareholders, is reflected in my holding.

Reactions: 1 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
Hi Kachoo,

20240515 Sandi: "... ESA contract to design a new RISC-V International compliant processor IP core tailored to meet the requirements of microcontrollers for the space industry. "

We know Frontgarde is collaborating with BRN to incorporate Akida into their next generation rad-hard microprocessors:

20240505 "BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, and Frontgrade Gaisler, a leading provider of space-grade system-on-chip solutions, announce their collaboration to explore the integration of BrainChip’s AkidaTM neuromorphic processor into Frontgrade Gaisler’s next generation fault-tolerant, radiation-hardened microprocessors.

https://brainchip.com/edgx-announce...sruptive-data-processing-solutions-for-space/

20231005 ...
EDGX and BrainChip are building up their partnership by signing a Non-binding Memorandum of Understanding at European Space Agency’s (ESA) EDHPC Conference, in Juan-les-Pins, France.
“What fascinates us the most about Akida is its capability to run in two different modes: Firstly, Akida can run conventional CNN, making it compatible with so many proven neural networks out there. But then, running in event-based mode, it cuts down power demand by orders of magnitude. And power is at premium in the space environment. Event based processing may easily open a door into a new realm of processing in space to do things which were not possible before,” said Laurent Hili, Microelectronics and Data Handling Engineer at ESA

This is in the LinkedIn post

1715680372424.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users

Kachoo

Regular
Hi Kachoo,

20231005 ...

Hi Dio,

See his comment about being asked about Brainchip.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240514_195222_LinkedIn.jpg
    Screenshot_20240514_195222_LinkedIn.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Draed

Regular
Something is up. In Sean's last podcast, he mentioned that the company was prepared for a second strike and had plans in place should that eventuate. So I believe that the company would consider take over bids should there be a second strike. Cold calling could be the interested party or parties (with brainchips approval) trying to gauge share holders commitment to the company and negotiate a price should the board spill. Just my opinion.

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
I received the phone 📞 call today .

I took great pleasure in telling the caller “ I’m sorry I can’t inform you of my voting preferences due to a Non Disclosure Agreement.

Hypocritical- BRN

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 52 users

Quatrojos

Regular
I received the phone 📞 call today .

I took great pleasure in telling the caller “ I’m sorry I can’t inform you of my voting preferences due to a Non Disclosure Agreement.

Hypocritical- BRN
This is strategic artwork. Well played!

Top Bottom