BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
Once again this leaves me dumb founded.

I don't know our current staffing levels and how many of them are in each roll but seeing only $90k in receipts from customers make me think we either have way too many staff or lots of free work is currently being done all to show companies what we can do or on projects that will show income soon.

Trusting we have people who know how to run a business, I suspect they are doing this free work for our partners with Akida being in products sooner rather than later.

Right now I live in hope. My gut instinct still says I'm on a winner still but it's bloody difficult not hearing any (what I'd call) significant news from the company.
What's your view on the slide presentation on TeNNs by the CTO?

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

rgupta

Regular
The board has my full support. I will not stomp on this little precious seedling 🌱...
Go get em brainchip. Upwards and onwards....
I didn't expect much from this quarter like I said before, but am hopeful for this year generally...
Those of you who want to crush the board can sell your shares and get stuffed. ;)
Those of you who want to crush the board can sell your shares and get stuffed. ;)
I assume that is the best statement. If you are not happy with the board, to me you have two solutions
1. Better board members ( can they see better candidates)
2. Sell today as the prices may go down if board is getting dissolved and it can put projects on hold.
Definitely for negative voting people they can make more money today than if the board is getting dissolved.
Dyor

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Meatloaf

Interesting reading all the comments on the financials. I didn’t expect much, in regard's to revenue, am surprised others did, to be honest.

I don’t believe that Brn management have mislead anyone. There’s been no promises or guarantees. Just people speculating. Over speculation can bring a lot of disappointment. It also allows down rampers to go wild when results are not that great.

I know that results have been a bit slower than what we hoped for but I do believe that the company had to be properly structured in order to move forward.
The company today is far different than what it was 3 years ago, even 2 years ago. Some people will understand that, others won’t.

Brn had no choice but to form partnerships. It’s was the only way that they could get their products out and flood the market. Everyone is talking about Brainchip atm.

If you do not understand what is going on atm, at least take the time to learn or move on. No point in continually bashing or speculating.

Just my opinion.
GLTAH

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 44 users
Sean and the Board what a joke.
Talk is cheap.
What happened to Renesas and Megachips.
Watch the financials.
Tip of the Iceberg.
Explosion of sales.
And
And
Sorry 2026.
Sorry 2027.
And.
Talk isn't that cheap if you watch the financials and we also know what lies under the tip of the iceberg did to the Titanic :LOL:

4 options or a combination of same imo.

Vent here...Vent at the AGM....Sell and reduce the stress of holding...Hold and accept the ride.

Those are the things within my control...other stuff I don't have control or much influence over.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Makeme 2020

Regular
Talk isn't that cheap if you watch the financials and we also know what lies under the tip of the iceberg did to the Titanic :LOL:

4 options or a combination of same imo.

Vent here...Vent at the AGM....Sell and reduce the stress of holding...Hold and accept the ride.

Those are the things within my control...other stuff I don't have control or much influence over.
Megachips and Renesas paid for a Ip licence back in 2020.
It has been stated Many times by numerous shareholders that it takes 2 to 3 years for a company to produce a product .
Sean stated Renesas was bringing a product to market end of 2023.
It is now April 2024.
Talk is cheap Sean.

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users
Megachips and Renesas paid for a Ip licence back in 2020.
It has been stated Many times by numerous shareholders that it takes 2 to 3 years for a company to produce a product .
Sean stated Renesas was bringing a product to market end of 2023.
It is now April 2024.
Talk is cheap Sean.
And...from your statement, Sean is either lying or alternatively, merely stated what he had been led to believe as an indicative product release timeframe?

If it is the second, he has no control over what decisions or delays Renesas make or have and his biggest crime on that point would be indicating what he had been led to believe in good faith.

If it is the first, then it would be a problem for misleading though how would you prove either?

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Tothemoon24

Regular
IMG_8851.jpeg

"Renesas is pleased to work with Tata Elxsi, a proven leader in design and technology services for the automotive industry. This collaboration demonstrates our commitment to support the ‘Make in India’ government initiative and we look forward to generating future business growth in India. The NEVIC Solution Center will be a turning point as OEMs and Tier 1s will now have access to secure system solutions and can leverage Tata Elxsi’s Electrification expertise for use case-specific customizations.”​

- Taizo Hayashi, Vice President of Automotive New Business Creation Division, Renesas

Where we are now​

As of now, significant progress has been made on the development, testing, and validation of all essential features of the MCU, which have been successfully implemented on the first version of the Motor Control Unit hardware for electric vehicles. Notably, the microcontroller is functional safety capable, simplifying the achievement of required ASIL levels for different electric vehicle application requirements.
Additionally, the system boasts effortless configuration for any motor types and position sensors, while its scalable architecture ensures adaptability across diverse vehicle segments.

Attachments

• IMG_8851.jpeg
    IMG_8851.jpeg
    564.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Kachoo

Regular
Once again this leaves me dumb founded.

I don't know our current staffing levels and how many of them are in each roll but seeing only $90k in receipts from customers make me think we either have way too many staff or lots of free work is currently being done all to show companies what we can do or on projects that will show income soon.

Trusting we have people who know how to run a business, I suspect they are doing this free work for our partners with Akida being in products sooner rather than later.

Right now I live in hope. My gut instinct still says I'm on a winner still but it's bloody difficult not hearing any (what I'd call) significant news from the company.
I would say we are in JV with quite a few. Customers that require a joint effort to develop a product for a design win.

See I think BRN long ago felt everyone would fall over for the technology and do all the hard work with them guiding customers and charging for the time.

Companies said wait minutes you show me how this works or I'll pass it up and just stick with the old hence the time is litterly free.

We have based on the Tenns presentation Tony and Oliver did point out 65 Engineers on staff. Now I'll say this that's about minimum 10 million USD a year in people costs if not more. So one thing in my mind for a company people really need to think about is why would BRN keep these staff levels if nothing is being worked on or progressed then they would have cut staff. There has to be some relief on the Dollars comming that they will not comment on.

I Know we had a few signing on the IP Mega chips and Renesas Mega chips paid a total of 4 million believe Which would mean other got the IP also. Then the development time.

I also think that the new round of IP are play first sign later with a component of eng services likely for free. But these products will have a sooner return to market then the Renesas or Megachips time lines.

There is clearly things going on that we are not privy too. I'm also sure that the Board would have had some changes made if they were not happy with the progress Sean is doing. I may not fit our timelines but it may fit the boards.

Also I will ad all are free to vote how they want but spilling the Board will also likely hurt you as an individual investor more then them. Heck they may even have a payout option on the contract and you retail Joe will bare the cost regardless.

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Wickedwolf

Regular
Over the years I worked with a number of US based majors in the IT industry. Their usual MO is that when they view that a new entrant may be a threat, or an extraordinary opportunity, they buy them out. I think we'll need some strong signs of commercial adoption of AKIDA before we're seen as either.......

Same applies for the investment community I expect.........
My worry is the exact opposite I.e we will be bought out for a fraction of our true worth and this is why ASX announcements are so badly required

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
Well I never said anything about reducing pay I am saying we have many employees but we are not generating any meaningful revenue for quite long time.

We sold two contracts years ago and we now have better products and many more employees but they were not able to land any IP deals since megachips...
There are many, many companies on the ASX making millions per year and even quarter, yet they continue to burn cash, year after year, not because of their employee costs, but because of their other costs of doing business.

This is where BrainChip's IP model, is so Golden.

When we "are" making millions per quarter and in an increasingly larger amount, it will be an increasingly larger profit percentage.
Even with increasing technological investment, profits can approach a margin of 90%!

We have no idea, when things will really get moving, revenue wise, here.
But the Company as a whole is moving in the right direction and most of us here know that.

For those of waning patience, keep in mind the saying..

"Fortune favors the old"

Party time, could be just around the corner! 🙂

downloadfile.gif

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 38 users

Murphy

Life is not a dress rehearsal!
I would say we are in JV with quite a few. Customers that require a joint effort to develop a product for a design win.

See I think BRN long ago felt everyone would fall over for the technology and do all the hard work with them guiding customers and charging for the time.

Companies said wait minutes you show me how this works or I'll pass it up and just stick with the old hence the time is litterly free.

We have based on the Tenns presentation Tony and Oliver did point out 65 Engineers on staff. Now I'll say this that's about minimum 10 million USD a year in people costs if not more. So one thing in my mind for a company people really need to think about is why would BRN keep these staff levels if nothing is being worked on or progressed then they would have cut staff. There has to be some relief on the Dollars comming that they will not comment on.

I Know we had a few signing on the IP Mega chips and Renesas Mega chips paid a total of 4 million believe Which would mean other got the IP also. Then the development time.

I also think that the new round of IP are play first sign later with a component of eng services likely for free. But these products will have a sooner return to market then the Renesas or Megachips time lines.

There is clearly things going on that we are not privy too. I'm also sure that the Board would have had some changes made if they were not happy with the progress Sean is doing. I may not fit our timelines but it may fit the boards.

Also I will ad all are free to vote how they want but spilling the Board will also likely hurt you as an individual investor more then them. Heck they may even have a payout option on the contract and you retail Joe will bare the cost regardless.
Well said, Kachoo. I wholeheartedly agree.

If you don't have dreams, you can't have dreams come true!

Reactions: 5 users

7für7

Regular
Ok, again let’s let the emotions besides and talk facts. It's important to understand that companies in the Neuromorphic industry, such as BrainChip, have complex business models that take time to unfold. Generating licensing revenues is a key part of these models, but this can vary depending on product maturity, market demand, and other factors. The brainchip team can also not influence the market btw.

It's not uncommon for companies, especially in emerging technology sectors, to take time to achieve their business objectives. Quarterly results alone may not provide a complete picture of how a company will perform in the long term.

Therefore, it's advisable not only to focus on short-term quarterly results but also to consider the company's long-term strategy and milestones. The Neuromorphic industry is still in its early stages, and companies like BrainChip are working to further develop and market their technologies, which requires time and patience. DYOR

Edit: if you don’t know how a license model works, I’m sure you will find in this forum a post from the past using the search option

• Love

cassip

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Galaxycar

Regular
I Voted against everything and voted to spill the board, I didn’t wait for the 4c knew it would be bad I’m not scared by the doom sayers about spilling the board we have been at 5 cent before and 15 cent not to long ago, Board and Sean said they have listened to shareholders since the last 4c what has changed Nothing,
Maybe they will listen to my vote and others who ain’t blinded by bullshit, What are they gunna do when the money runs out should be the biggest question at the AGM. Acted on behalf of Shareholders my arse.
I would love to have an independant entity acting on behalf of shareholders just acknowledge the NDA’S exist and in the quantity stated. I can’t believe anything else management have said in the past. The only thing I am hanging my hat on is none of the top shareholders have sold out,Watch for the mystery shareholder vote the 150-200million against again plus disgruntled shareholders guessing 40 million.
Strike2 cert

• Love
  • Fire

Cardpro

Regular
When I look at the market's reaction so far and the responses of small investors, it seems to me that the majority are more down to earth. A 0.025 dollar drop is certainly not a statement till now. I am satisfied and hope it stays like this. And it reaffirms my opinion that it's always the small ones who are the loudest.
Sure, that's why so many here have been ramping up but share price is still here at 20c level, sad.

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Evening Chippers,

After looking over a few numbers today , on lack there of , have noticed something..

Before I get started , Anil Mankar ( the chip ) , OBVIOUSLY needs to stay.
We both have lack of hair if nothing else.

According to the 28/4/2024 top 50 shareholders , list graciously provide by management, Obviously to take our minds off the the bigger picture.

Point 1, This relates to management & disclosure of what KMP...( Anil M. In this case ) are up to .
Enveloped over the entire board & KMP ...strategic people and more so when thay ( Anil ) are the 4th largest shareholder on the registry , albeit under 5%.
Would appear, after review of the Ann Report there is a error .....numbers do not gell.

Page 23 Ann Report. The shares held by Anil Mankar , held under Merrill Lynch (Aust) Nominees Pty Ltd on behalf of Mr Mankar......do not tally .

Page 23 , holds 84, 999,833 shares.
Page 69 , holds 86,833,100 shares .
Discrepancy of 1, 833,265 shares.

Apparently HLB Mann Judd WA, are our Auditors and only received $59,260.00 USD to vett the books on behalf of shareholders.

Point 2, If we take the top shareholders list supplied in the Annual Report , accounts up to December 2023, followed by the top shareholders list as of 28th April 2024 , would appear Anil Mankar has offloaded a few ..... without manigement informing the the market ????
Granted Anil only controls 4.163 % ( as of 28.4.2023 ) of stock in this circus, or the 4th largest shareholder.....

Anil's shares.

31st Jan 2024 , held 86,833,100 shares fully paid , according to the Ann. Report ...page 69.

28th April 2024 , held 76,842,009 shares according to the list today, top 50 holders.

Would appear Anil has offloaded 9,991,091 shares in the last three months.
Without disclosure to the market ???????

If anyone can be bothered, please send the above to Fact Finder, don't savey email nor wish to.

Regards,
Esq.

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

manny100

Regular
I Voted against everything and voted to spill the board, I didn’t wait for the 4c knew it would be bad I’m not scared by the doom sayers about spilling the board we have been at 5 cent before and 15 cent not to long ago, Board and Sean said they have listened to shareholders since the last 4c what has changed Nothing,
Maybe they will listen to my vote and others who ain’t blinded by bullshit, What are they gunna do when the money runs out should be the biggest question at the AGM. Acted on behalf of Shareholders my arse.

I would love to have an independant entity acting on behalf of shareholders just acknowledge the NDA’S exist and in the quantity stated. I can’t believe anything else management have said in the past. The only thing I am hanging my hat on is none of the top shareholders have sold out,Watch for the mystery shareholder vote the 150-200million against again plus disgruntled shareholders guessing 40 million.
Strike2 cert
If there is a 2nd strike it just means that the BOD is up for re election. With a > 50 % vote required to move the BOD on its likely they will stay.
Sean will stay on if there is a 2nd strike. But if the BOD is removed at a later meeting Sean will likely resign leaving the business completely rudderless. This would play into shorters hands and we could easily hit a low of below 10 cents.
To sack the BOD now is an emotional rather than a rational decision for holders..
I did not expect revenue this quarter and i do not expect to see revenue until the Sept or Dec quarter. The market for BRN products just has not arrived yet. Its hard to move your product if there are no buyers. Once the market starts moving it is predicted to grow quickly.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Flenton

Regular
What's your view on the slide presentation on TeNNs by the CTO?
The technology sounds super impressive and extremely promising.
If you mean in relation to the staff numbers, I didn't want to assume how many were research staff and how many are available for customers. Either way we have more than $90k in 3 months worth of billable hours working in those positions.

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

manny100

Regular
The technology sounds super impressive and extremely promising.
If you mean in relation to the staff numbers, I didn't want to assume how many were research staff and how many are available for customers. Either way we have more than $90k in 3 months worth of billable hours working in those positions.
TENN's according to the CTO's presentation handle Large Language Models.

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

7für7

Regular
Sure, that's why so many here have been ramping up but share price is still here at 20c level, sad.
Why we are still at this level? Of curse because we have still no gains. Of curse everyone wish we would be at 20000 dollars per share but we are not! But i invested in brainchip when we had nothing than dreams and a mascot as a robot. We was asked by the board which design the box of the product they should use. And we was happy like little children those days. Now we made such big steps and our ecosystem and partners are big players! I would never sell or vote against the team (which anyway would make no sense to change it positively) just because of the actual situation. We reached a lot if you looking back until now. No negative news… products are amazing. I’m talking only for my self because you asked me. I better loose all my invest, then selling and watching how it’s rising after my decision. Second, why not selling and buying lower? It’s to risky in my opinion. If it goes down, I can load up… that’s all good night!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users
Top Bottom